Start by marking “Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet” as Want to Read:
Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet

Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet (Watchlist #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  428 ratings  ·  46 reviews

Watchlist Part II:The Copper Bracelet,brings you the second part of a powerful thriller from 22 best selling writers along with many compelling videos all wrapped into one suspenseful package. The Copper Bracelet is a collaboration of some of the world's greatest thriller writers, including Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Lisa Scottoline, and Jeffery Deaver, who conceived the ch

Kindle Edition with Audio/Video
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watchlist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchlist

Chris
Reviewed first at Brunner's Bookshelf

This is amazing for the simple reason that this was written by 16 different authors. This is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript bringing Harold Middleton back for another adventure. The Chopin Manuscript was originally a serial audio book. Every week there was a new chapter written by a different author. My favorite author, Jeffery Deaver, Wrote the first chapter in that one and this book setting the story. After he set every thing up each author wrote the n
Dale
Much like the last one in the series, the experiment in making the story is better than the story (A review of the audiobook)

7 discs
9 hours
+ 1 interview disc lasting about 45 minutes.

The Copper Bracelet
is the second installment in the Harry Middleton story. Harry is former military officer, former music teacher, current hunter of war criminals. Along with his compatriots, the Volunteers, Harry Middleton is after war criminals from Kashmir.

The story behind the book is pretty simple - Jeffery
Kelley
Courtesy of Amazon

I listened to The Chopin Manuscript back when it was first released from Audible in serial format and loved the whole concept of a thriller round-robin novel. That book was fascinating and I loved it so when I saw The Copper Bracelet was released, I just had to have this one too, especially since it is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript.

Harold Middleton is back again on a new mission. He and his contingents are trying to get to the bottom of an international plot that threaten
Laurie (Kwiltreader)
Jun 19, 2010 Laurie (Kwiltreader) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Shelves: mysteries
Being a fan of Jeffrey Deaver, I was very intrigued with the idea of a sort of collection of short stories with a common theme and characters. It was slightly disjointed due to the writing styles of each of the mystery writers. But if I hadn't known this, I don't know that I would have noticed the difference.
I rated this 4 * because of the 2 interview sessions at the end of the audio. One with Jeffrey Deaver and 2-3 of the other authors. The authors' explanation of their understanding of the pr
Linda
I liked the story, but it seemed a bit disjointed. I guess that was because there were so many authors. The beginning and ending chapters were my favorites because they were written by Jeffery Deaver, Jeffery Deaver who is one of my favorite writers. I could easily recognize his style. I only recognized the names of a few of the other writers in the collaboration. I think it was a good idea. I had listened to "The Chopin Manuscript"Chopin Manuscript, which was also a collaboration and thought it ...more
Ron
An action packed thriller with different authors writing each chapter.
A great "progressive story" that was even better than the previous "the chopin manuscript".
I read it as the second part of a two story book called the "Watch list"
Each author added new character or killed off a previous one.... kept me on my toes!
Once you that everything was solved, it did not end.. but kept on going end after end.
Great!!

Daniel Giroux pare
After "The Chopin Manuscript" Harold "Harry" Middleton and friends return in this captivating thriller by a bevy of authors. I'm not sure if Deaver was the brainchild behind this book or not, but it was absolutely amazing. Couldn't put it down and completed it in 2 hours!
Jess
This, along with The Chopin Manuscript, were each a 1-star rating for me. I gave them 2 stars, however, because the authors really tried. The Watchlist was disorganized, disjointed and contrived. Just running with what prior writers had written didn't work. I'm sure the authors really enjoyed this exercise; the reader, not so much.
Lois
This is a sequel to Deaver's earlier audiobook, The Chopin Manuscripts. Each chapter is written by a different author which contributes to the overall suspense. Alfred Molina is an amazing reader. It's a great way to experience the different writing styles of about 17 different mystery/suspense authors. I believe, like the Chopin Manuscripts it is only available as an audiobook, despite that, it's a figurative page-turner.
Franklin
A great story line with great content from a stable of accomplished authors. Disappointingly there are a couple of leaps in understanding that are pivotal to the conclusion of the story; however, this can easily happen with so many authors writing one work, a chapter at a time, without a predetermined storyline. Great work on the part of the authors and thank you to audible for making the effort to create this type of work.
Kerry
Oct 16, 2009 Kerry marked it as to-listen  ·  review of another edition
From Audible:

Former war crimes investigator Harold Middleton must once again crack a secretive global conspiracy in this new international thriller penned by a dream team of top-selling authors, including Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Scottoline, Lee Child, and Joseph Finder.

Download the first chapter free for an Audible exclusive sneak peak. The complete, unabridged audiobook will be available starting October 29, 2009.
Dee
Narrated by Alfred Molina, this book is unique-ish, in the way that each chapter is written by a different author, yet forms a cohesive story. In the Copper Bracelet, we pick up with the Chopin Manuscript left off, which was written in a similar manner. Overall, it was enjoyable, but some of the chapters were uneven. I did identify a few authors in the mix that I am going to check out again in the future.
Sable Jordan
Finally took the time to listen to this book. For some reason it's audiobook format only, no pdf or print version. I'm not big on hearing my stories, but this was a great first time! loved the plot, especially since it follows up from the Chopin Manuscript. Like the multi-author input, it flowed very well. I think there'll be a third in this series, and I'm looking forward to reading, or listening, to it.
Jack Alexander
This book is a collection of chapters by 16 writers including Lee Child and Jeffery Deaver both of whom I've liked before. But this story was a stagnant rehash of the cold war thrillers. I expected a charge from each writer to present their chapter with zeal, they only get one chapter each, but it was a one-note hum all the way through. Nothing exciting or very interesting at all.
Jeff Stern
Even less enjoyable than the first Watchlist story in this book. I'm a huge Deaver fan and normally can't put one of his books down. Maybe it's just not for me, but Copper Bracelet felt like a mess. There were too many characters and storylines to keep up with, which makes sense considering the number of authors that contributed.

I made it through the book but I wasn't happy about it.
Katy
I thought this book was alright. I love the idea of all the authors coming together to write one novel - it flows seamlessly. However, I feel each author invented a new character and things got a little crazy toward the end. The story was primarily about terrorists, which isn't my pot of gold. I listened to the audiobook and I LOVED the reader. He is wonderful.
Lindsay
Better than the first! And when I found out that there was no overall outline for this book-- that each author was responsible to take their chapter and run with the plot (and create or kill off characters) however they wanted-- well that sealed the deal for me! Creative concept-- will look forward to the next installment.
Michael Carlson
I like this but didn't love it. By the time we reached the last chapter (each chapter of the book was written by a different author; each author pushing the story forward), it was a little to "deus ex machina" for me. Suddenly the good guys had exactly what they needed to make a happy ending.
Good not great.
Brigid
As I am an avid fan of David Liss, I had high expectations for this book add to this each chapter was written by a different author I thought I would be witness to an intoxicating novel. Alas I was not, I felt each author was desperately trying to out do the previous author. The book was okat
Jill
Sequel to the Chopin Manuscript - each chapter written by a different mystery writer so its not predictable, but the flow is good. Audiobook was read by Alfred Molina. Interesting plot, conflict in a part of the world I'm not as familiar with (Kashmir) so it was interesting.
Mandy
This came after "The Watchlist". It was an okay read, the continuity from the previous book was smooth and it was nice to have an entirely different story but with characters I was already familiar with. Overall, two stars. It was okay.
Ruth
I enjoyed this one better than the Chopin Manuscript. The flow of the book was good and you could get into it really quick. I always enjoying coming back to the same characters in books so for me that was a winning point.
Michael crage
This was the 2nd book in the series using a different author for each chapter. The first book did not work. This one did. The authors stayed within a story line this time so you could follow what was happening.
Florence Primrose
This was the second book written by a coalition of mystery writers--interesting, but disjointed from one writer to the next. Story deals with terrorists trying to cause a war to start involving national powers.
Jessica
A lot of fun to listen to, and Molina offers a nice variety of voices and tones to keep the characters clear in your mind. That said, dude does not know how to pronounce Linux properly, which totally made me giggle.
Al
A thrilling sequel that kept me interested throughout the story. The unexpected changes in the plot and characters were well orchestrated by all and in the end this proved to be a very good suspense thriller.
Regina

It's complicated, Harald. Seriously?? This is not my usual fare but it is good for the car and Alfred Molina has a great reading voice. The story is way too far-fetched for my taste though.
Malee Ann
It seems a current theme lately. There are terrorists and conspiracy. I had trouble keeping the different characters straight, but I listened to it on CD instead of reading it.
Wendy
So many wonderful authors contribute to this riveting story. I felt compelled to keep reading s I guess i enjoyed it in spite of its schizophrenia from having so many authors.
  • METAtropolis: Cascadia
  • First Thrills: High-Octane Stories From the Hottest Thriller Authors
  • A Cotswold Mystery (Thea Osborne, #4)
  • Betrayed (Butch Karp, #22)
  • Shadow Men (Max Freeman, #3)
  • Dark Company: The Ten Greatest Ghost Stories
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes & A Sound of Thunder
  • Thriller 2: Stories You Just Can't Put Down
  • The Backstory to Think Twice: A Special Bonus
  • Daniel Silva Gabriel Allon CD Collection 2: Moscow Rules, The Defector
  • The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #3)
  • Camel Club Series Set: Hell's Corner / Divine Justice / The Camel Club
  • Bleeding Hearts (Jack Harvey #2)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Virgil Cole & Everett Hitch, #4)
  • The Shimmer
  • Revenant
  • Red November: Inside the Secret U.S.-Soviet Submarine War
  • In Session
Jeffery Deaver was born outside of Chicago in 1950. His father was an advertising copywriter and his mother was a homemaker. Deaver worked as a magazine writer, then, to gain the background needed to become a legal correspondent for The New York Times or Wall Street Journal, he enrolled at Fordham Law School. In 1990 he started to write full time. Deaver has been nominated for six Edgar Awards fro ...more
More about Jeffery Deaver...
The Bone Collector (Lincoln Rhyme, #1) The Coffin Dancer (Lincoln Rhyme, #2) The Empty Chair (Lincoln Rhyme, #3) The Vanished Man (Lincoln Rhyme, #5) The Broken Window (Lincoln Rhyme, #8)