Start by marking “Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet” as Want to Read:
Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet

Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet (Harold Middleton #2)

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  506 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews

Watchlist Part II:The Copper Bracelet,brings you the second part of a powerful thriller from 22 best selling writers along with many compelling videos all wrapped into one suspenseful package. The Copper Bracelet is a collaboration of some of the world's greatest thriller writers, including Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Lisa Scottoline, and Jeffery Deaver, who conceived the ch

Kindle Edition with Audio/Video
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watchlist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchlist

Chris
Aug 05, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed first at Brunner's Bookshelf

This is amazing for the simple reason that this was written by 16 different authors. This is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript bringing Harold Middleton back for another adventure. The Chopin Manuscript was originally a serial audio book. Every week there was a new chapter written by a different author. My favorite author, Jeffery Deaver, Wrote the first chapter in that one and this book setting the story. After he set every thing up each author wrote the n
Bev
Mar 15, 2015 Bev rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"I think something else is going on here," a character says before the end of the book. Never was a truer word written.

This book proves that not only do too many cooks spoil the broth, but too many authors does not a great book make. This was a free download from Audible.com (and does not, apparently have a print version). Each chapter is written by a different author, consequently there are so many plot lines and so many characters it's like trying to follow a Russian novel. Just when you think
Dale
Jun 01, 2014 Dale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like the last one in the series, the experiment in making the story is better than the story (A review of the audiobook)

7 discs
9 hours
+ 1 interview disc lasting about 45 minutes.

The Copper Bracelet
is the second installment in the Harry Middleton story. Harry is former military officer, former music teacher, current hunter of war criminals. Along with his compatriots, the Volunteers, Harry Middleton is after war criminals from Kashmir.

The story behind the book is pretty simple - Jeffery
B. Wilson
I am amazed that sixteen different authors can produce a novel of this caliber and continuity. I am intrigued by the process used to accomplish such a project. I haven't actually been reading the book, but listening to the audio version, (a little trick I learned from my friend, Gwen B.). As to the book, I gave it three stars. It's well plotted with an interesting story line and good characterization, but it's pulp fiction; a "Factory Novel", if you will. With all the twists and turns, plot and ...more
Anita
Actual Rating: 2.5 Stars

This book is a collaborative effort among various crime thriller novelists, with Jeffrey Deaver fronting the project (he created the main protagonist, Harold Middleton, and he also writes the first and last chapters).

I was just as intrigued with it as I had been with Chopin Manuscript (my review), though I had been worried that the book would be a big mess with so many minds and so many ideas trying to take precedent. And despite The Chopin Manuscript getting slightly o
Kelley
May 10, 2010 Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, mystery
Courtesy of Amazon

I listened to The Chopin Manuscript back when it was first released from Audible in serial format and loved the whole concept of a thriller round-robin novel. That book was fascinating and I loved it so when I saw The Copper Bracelet was released, I just had to have this one too, especially since it is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript.

Harold Middleton is back again on a new mission. He and his contingents are trying to get to the bottom of an international plot that threaten
Laurie (Kwiltreader)
Jun 19, 2010 Laurie (Kwiltreader) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Shelves: mysteries
Being a fan of Jeffrey Deaver, I was very intrigued with the idea of a sort of collection of short stories with a common theme and characters. It was slightly disjointed due to the writing styles of each of the mystery writers. But if I hadn't known this, I don't know that I would have noticed the difference.
I rated this 4 * because of the 2 interview sessions at the end of the audio. One with Jeffrey Deaver and 2-3 of the other authors. The authors' explanation of their understanding of the pr
Linda
Apr 20, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story, but it seemed a bit disjointed. I guess that was because there were so many authors. The beginning and ending chapters were my favorites because they were written by Jeffery Deaver, Jeffery Deaver who is one of my favorite writers. I could easily recognize his style. I only recognized the names of a few of the other writers in the collaboration. I think it was a good idea. I had listened to "The Chopin Manuscript"Chopin Manuscript, which was also a collaboration and thought it ...more
Ron
Apr 13, 2014 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An action packed thriller with different authors writing each chapter.
A great "progressive story" that was even better than the previous "the chopin manuscript".
I read it as the second part of a two story book called the "Watch list"
Each author added new character or killed off a previous one.... kept me on my toes!
Once you that everything was solved, it did not end.. but kept on going end after end.
Great!!

Larry
Feb 12, 2016 Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different. Jeffery Deavers wrote the first and last chapters while various authors wrote all of the chapters in between. Really enjoyed it and the flow of the book was very good considering the different writing styles. Really fast paced as I think each author wanted to add their bit of excitement. Recommented read.
Daniel Giroux pare
After "The Chopin Manuscript" Harold "Harry" Middleton and friends return in this captivating thriller by a bevy of authors. I'm not sure if Deaver was the brainchild behind this book or not, but it was absolutely amazing. Couldn't put it down and completed it in 2 hours!
Jess
Oct 08, 2014 Jess rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This, along with The Chopin Manuscript, were each a 1-star rating for me. I gave them 2 stars, however, because the authors really tried. The Watchlist was disorganized, disjointed and contrived. Just running with what prior writers had written didn't work. I'm sure the authors really enjoyed this exercise; the reader, not so much.
Kevin
Feb 18, 2016 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Entertaining. I enjoyed the book. Having 16 different writers made for an interesting book, but it also complicated the plot.
Rosemary
Jul 01, 2015 Rosemary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Meh. It went over the top. There can only be so many brilliant evil people in the world, planning the destruction of nations.
Larry
Feb 07, 2016 Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heidi
Apr 12, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I did not enjoy this book as much as The Chopin Manuscript. I just kept thinking about Jason Bourne. There was lots of violence, people being chased, and an elaborate plot by the bad guys.
Mary Ann
Jun 26, 2015 Mary Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually listened to this as a audio book. I enjoyed this story. A lot of twist and turns. A little confusing with all the characters but interesting all the same. I'd give this 3 1/2 to 4 stars.
Julie
Feb 19, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really convoluted in some places, but somewhat to be expected given the nature of the project. Quite good on the whole.
Jenny
Couldn't get through this one. I tried.
Lois
Mar 20, 2012 Lois rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to Deaver's earlier audiobook, The Chopin Manuscripts. Each chapter is written by a different author which contributes to the overall suspense. Alfred Molina is an amazing reader. It's a great way to experience the different writing styles of about 17 different mystery/suspense authors. I believe, like the Chopin Manuscripts it is only available as an audiobook, despite that, it's a figurative page-turner.
Franklin
Nov 08, 2009 Franklin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story line with great content from a stable of accomplished authors. Disappointingly there are a couple of leaps in understanding that are pivotal to the conclusion of the story; however, this can easily happen with so many authors writing one work, a chapter at a time, without a predetermined storyline. Great work on the part of the authors and thank you to audible for making the effort to create this type of work.
Kerry
Jun 07, 2015 Kerry marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
From Audible:

Former war crimes investigator Harold Middleton must once again crack a secretive global conspiracy in this new international thriller penned by a dream team of top-selling authors, including Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Scottoline, Lee Child, and Joseph Finder.

Download the first chapter free for an Audible exclusive sneak peak. The complete, unabridged audiobook will be available starting October 29, 2009.
Dee
Narrated by Alfred Molina, this book is unique-ish, in the way that each chapter is written by a different author, yet forms a cohesive story. In the Copper Bracelet, we pick up with the Chopin Manuscript left off, which was written in a similar manner. Overall, it was enjoyable, but some of the chapters were uneven. I did identify a few authors in the mix that I am going to check out again in the future.
Sable Jordan
Mar 03, 2011 Sable Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally took the time to listen to this book. For some reason it's audiobook format only, no pdf or print version. I'm not big on hearing my stories, but this was a great first time! loved the plot, especially since it follows up from the Chopin Manuscript. Like the multi-author input, it flowed very well. I think there'll be a third in this series, and I'm looking forward to reading, or listening, to it.
Jack Alexander
Jun 14, 2013 Jack Alexander rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a collection of chapters by 16 writers including Lee Child and Jeffery Deaver both of whom I've liked before. But this story was a stagnant rehash of the cold war thrillers. I expected a charge from each writer to present their chapter with zeal, they only get one chapter each, but it was a one-note hum all the way through. Nothing exciting or very interesting at all.
Jeff Stern
Jul 12, 2011 Jeff Stern rated it did not like it
Even less enjoyable than the first Watchlist story in this book. I'm a huge Deaver fan and normally can't put one of his books down. Maybe it's just not for me, but Copper Bracelet felt like a mess. There were too many characters and storylines to keep up with, which makes sense considering the number of authors that contributed.

I made it through the book but I wasn't happy about it.
Katy
Dec 01, 2012 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was alright. I love the idea of all the authors coming together to write one novel - it flows seamlessly. However, I feel each author invented a new character and things got a little crazy toward the end. The story was primarily about terrorists, which isn't my pot of gold. I listened to the audiobook and I LOVED the reader. He is wonderful.
Lindsay
Sep 16, 2010 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first! And when I found out that there was no overall outline for this book-- that each author was responsible to take their chapter and run with the plot (and create or kill off characters) however they wanted-- well that sealed the deal for me! Creative concept-- will look forward to the next installment.
Michael Carlson
I like this but didn't love it. By the time we reached the last chapter (each chapter of the book was written by a different author; each author pushing the story forward), it was a little to "deus ex machina" for me. Suddenly the good guys had exactly what they needed to make a happy ending.
Good not great.
  • METAtropolis: Cascadia
  • Betrayed (Butch Karp, #22)
  • A Cotswold Mystery (Thea Osborne, #4)
  • Shadow Men (Max Freeman, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Jack Harvey #2)
  • The Backstory to Think Twice: A Special Bonus
  • Thriller 2: Stories You Just Can't Put Down
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes & A Sound of Thunder
  • Red November: Inside the Secret U.S.-Soviet Submarine War
  • The Shimmer
  • Revenant
  • Love And Glory
  • Fishing for Stars (The Persimmon Tree, #2)
  • In Session
  • The Moscow Club
  • The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #3)
  • A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the  Abuse of America's Intelligence Agencies
  • The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism
#1 international bestselling author of over thirty novels and three collections of short stories. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into 25 languages. His first novel featuring Lincoln Rhyme, The Bone Collector, was made into a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. He's received or been shortlisted for a number of awards around the world.
More about Jeffery Deaver...

Harold Middleton (3 books)
  • Chopin Manuscript