Start by marking “Hunted” as Want to Read:
Hunted

Hunted

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  152 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Lily Atwater has always kept to herself, living a lonely life with her workaholic dad. Not the most thrilling life, but it’s quiet and ordinary, two things she’s come to expect from living in Victor Hills, Michigan.

When kind and mysterious Alex takes refuge in her home, she is suddenly thrown into his world of werewolves, a world he wants to keep her saf
Published August 9th 2011 by Pendrell Publishing (first published August 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Kamilla
May 12, 2011 Kamilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
ARC read through before it went to the printers. Found myself laughing and smiling at all the jokes and just the sweet sweet love story. Even though I've read Hunted 6 times no, it's still nice on the last read through to find amusement in the story. Lily and Alex are just so sweet
Krys

Hunted was written by Michigan local author, DJ DeSmyter, when he was 18 years old. It's quite the accomplishment to be published so young. DeSmyter should be very proud of himself.

In DeSmyter's debut novel we meet Lily, soft and quiet. Lily lives with her father in Victor Hills Michigan. Lily is a very lonely girl, isolated, invalidated. Lily has grown up very withdrawn and doesn't value herself very highly. One day her father brings home a stranger, a young man named Alex whose just as poorly
Mandie Baxter
Oct 10, 2011 Mandie Baxter rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, e-book-owned
Not your typical werewolf story! I love the fact that's it's genetic, not magic, that causes the change. Not to mention that Lily and Alex are adorable! Incredible imagery and action packed. Must read.
Jamie Manning
Oct 11, 2011 Jamie Manning rated it it was amazing
First off, my apologies to the author...I thought I had already posted a review of his book! I must say that DeSmyter's HUNTED is a breath of fresh air that I really enjoyed. I know that most people don't like the head-over-heels love when the main characters are teenagers, but I for one do!

Alex and Lily are well-written characters that truly love one another, putting that love above trivial things and thinking of each other first--something that we could all take lead from. Alex is by far my f
Tammi
Oct 11, 2011 Tammi rated it really liked it
The story starts out with the telling of how Julia was murdered by wolves. It doesn’t explain who Julia or the person who is narrating the story at this point is. Then you get your first introduction to Alex Moreau. He is a werewolf and is hunted and trapped in a shed. That is where John Atwater comes in. He rescues Alex. When he finds out that Alex doesn’t know where his family is, he takes him into his home and introduces him to Lily Atwater, his daughter. His one condition is that Lily must n ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Hunted is one of those books I enjoy sitting down with after a long day. It's a fun story that you can kick you feet up, grab a blanket and relax with. DJ did a great job at capturing my attention from the get go with his intense prologue. He created a story that intrigued me and had me wanting to know more about his werewolf-mythology, the romance and his characters.

Like Maggie Stiefvater's wolves, I love that DJ gave his wolves a realistic feel and not some hollywood movie rendition of wolves.
Precious
Aug 03, 2011 Precious rated it really liked it
First and foremost, I loved the prologue and the beginning of the book. The scenes were haunting, intense and intriguing. It began with Alex waking up in a cage after being separated with the rest of his family. He was naked, wounded and utterly alone. Although he was beginning to heal, he was still weak. DJ’s version of a werewolf was one of the simplest and most human I’ve ever encountered. They turn into wolves, have super senses but are still undeniably human. I like that the humanity was pr ...more
Alex Bennett
For more than any other reason, I wanted to read Hunted because of the author. I’ve personally met DJ DeSmyter and he is a very cool guy. So when I sat down and started Hunted, his first novel, I was very eager to see how skilled he was as a writer. And while I can say I am impressed, there are also some things about Hunted that I did not enjoy.

Hunted is a plain paranormal romance. Lily Atwater is a plain, yet intelligent girl, whose single father is barely around. Then Lily meets Alex, who is d
Debbie
Oct 20, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
It was a nice change to read a YA paranormal story written by a man. The fact that this was his first book, I found the thoughts and interchange between Alex and Lily refreshing and not too intense for first loves. It was nice that these two young people were building a relationship with one another without the sex involved. Lily is such an introvert and like many introverts they have a lot to offer even if they are quiet. Lily quickly accepts Alex being a werewolf without judgement. Alex who is ...more
Ashley Lavering
Dec 31, 2011 Ashley Lavering rated it liked it
The first two chapters really threw me (they are short chapters though:-). It took me until the third chapter until I could finally ground myself in the story. It is a very clean and sweet romance. I enjoyed the wolf lore. I did wish that the characters could've grown more by the end of the novel. And I would've loved to see more plot tension and mishap going on (I did skim quite a bit due to it..sorry). D.J. did a wonderful job having tension and sweetness between the love couple. I liked how h ...more
Melanie Marks
Jan 17, 2012 Melanie Marks rated it it was amazing
Only a dollar!!!!!

Sweet little YA romance with werewolf lure. It's only a dollar and sooo sweet!

Here is the summary from the book:

Laura Lea Marie
Jan 24, 2014 Laura Lea Marie rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! One of my absolute favorites! Easy and simple yet kept the story interesting and moving right along! Easy book to read in an afternoon! Recommend!
Courtney
Jan 29, 2012 Courtney rated it did not like it
This was by far the worst book I've ever read. The plot was boring and simplistic. The characters were boring and simplistic and the entire novel was really predictable. I really expected more from this novel. Ive been interested in this book ever since I came acrossed it while doing Colleen Houcks YA Scavenger hunt but after forcing myself to finish it I'm extremely disappointed. I'll be asking amazon for my .99 cents back...
Lburt
Nov 07, 2012 Lburt rated it did not like it
Really wanted to like this book but found it flat. I'm generally fine with the insta-love plot if they have a reason for it like a mate bond type situation. But the charcaters in this book had no reason for being "in love" a week after they meet each other. Then theres no "meat" to the plot there at school a lot but besides the occational teacher no one else talks at the school. Really its just not real at all.
Chelsea Mathews
Oct 06, 2012 Chelsea Mathews rated it liked it
A quick read, I'm assuming there will be a second book because this book came to an abrupt stop out of no where! That being my only issue with the book, other then that its a quick read with a good story line and enjoyable characters.
Melissa ownsbey
Sep 05, 2012 Melissa ownsbey rated it it was amazing
this book was great i lovede iti am now a fan i loved the fact it had werewolovesw in it i could not put it down i hope everyone gets a chacie to pick up on copy and read it it was great iwon this book on good reads
Michael Asbrock
Feb 06, 2013 Michael Asbrock rated it liked it
I think the innocence of this book is what I enjoyed the most. No love triangles, petty jealousies, etc. Though the tension lagged a bit in places, it was still enjoyable, and I loved the characters.
Hannah
Jan 02, 2015 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: werwolves
This book was really good. I liked it because it didn't have a R rated feeling. But it could of had more detail bit over all I give it a 4 :) u need to read this :)
Shel
Sep 08, 2012 Shel rated it really liked it
Though the story seemed a bit rushed, it is still really good. I didn't see anywhere that this is the start of a series but I do hope it is.
Luna Chulhan
Jan 03, 2013 Luna Chulhan rated it liked it
This is book is sweet and fun but it was a bit predicitable and bland. The action need more omph and so did the romance. It was too calm
Veronica Pearson
Jan 16, 2012 Veronica Pearson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The ending left me wanting more and I really hope that there will be a sequel.
Amy
May 26, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Awesome. Love books like this written by men. Looking forward to more from DeSmyter. Full review to come.
Evan Guzniczak
Apr 29, 2013 Evan Guzniczak rated it it was amazing
Any one who is a wherewolf fan and likes suspence with a hint of romance this book is for you.
Sherrie
Sep 25, 2012 Sherrie rated it really liked it

good book just wished it would have been a little longer and wasn't quite happy with the ending.
Kim Chappell
Jan 13, 2013 Kim Chappell rated it really liked it
loved the characters Alex and Lilly. well written. exciting and young love
A Book Junky's Obsession
Jun 04, 2012 A Book Junky's Obsession rated it it was amazing
Great book! Can't wait till he writes the next one!!
DJ
Oct 11, 2011 DJ rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my book--of course I love it. :-)
Patty
Aug 10, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
looks and sounds awesome!!!!
Lani Woodland
Aug 16, 2011 Lani Woodland rated it it was amazing
A very sweet love story. :)
FATMA YILDIZ
FATMA YILDIZ marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
  • The Cupid War: All Love Is Warfare
  • Moonglow (The Darkborn Legacy, #1)
  • Blood Rites
  • Fallen Angel
  • The Underground
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Silver Moon (Silver Moon, #1)
  • Werelove Special Omnibus edition (Werelove)
  • One More Son
  • Unforgettable
  • Real Illusions: Stories
  • Fragile Brilliance (Shifters & Seers, #1)
  • Dark Angel (Dark Angel, #1)
  • I Kissed a Dog (Werewolves of the West, #1)
  • Dogsled Dreams
  • Outsider (Outsider, #1)
  • In the Dark
DJ DeSmyter is a writer, photographer, musician, and marketing assistant. He lives in New York City where there is no shortage of interesting people and places to include in his stories. He is currently swimming in the depths of a new project and can't wait to see where his writing takes him next.
More about DJ DeSmyter...