Start by marking “Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House” as Want to Read:
Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House

Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Combining the apostle John's glorious description of Heaven from Revelation with heart-touching reflections on her own father's charming mountain home, Anne Graham Lotz weaves a tapestry of truth through this presentation that will take away your fear of death and fill you with hope for the future.

Jesus promised us, "In My Father's house are many rooms...I am going there t
Published May 1st 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1000)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven

Donna
Feb 03, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This book was a very quick read - written in simple and understanding prose, based on Scripture, especially Revelation. It answers questions about Heaven - what it will be like based on the information the Bible gives us. Anne Graham Lotz makes it easy to understand, and offers up such sweet stories in support of what Scripture tells us. This is a book that I could see being extremely useful to someone who is nearing the end of their life and who maybe hasn't accepted Jesus yet. Or perhaps has a ...more
Reid
Jul 17, 2010 Reid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
I liked this pretty quick read.

She writes well, is organized and from a personal viewpoint which I like.

Some quotes:
"One day God will remove all the scars and tears; until then, He will give us encouragement."

I liked her illustration about how God can use our suffering. The illustration is of a rowdy atmosphere in a pub. Drinks on a platter are being served but the server is bumped and the drink splatter against a newly whitewashed wall.

A mess is observed until a famous artist in the pub jumps u
Jen
Apr 04, 2007 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who is dying or recently lost someone
I read this book a long time ago and have since gifted it twice. My friend Melanie's mother was dying of cancer. She had a lot of questions, so I gave her my book. I bought it again because it was so good. I ended up sending that copy of the book to my aunt when she was dying. After she passed, my uncle read it. He told me it was very comforting to her in her final days. It's a great book if you've got questions about what happens when you die - and how do you get to heaven, anyway.
Merilee
Feb 10, 2012 Merilee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book was good, I just wasn't the target audience. It has some good, Biblical information about Heaven. I especially liked the part where it mentions Heaven as being a place that is bought and paid for. I hadn't thought of that before. :) And it is a short read, so I don't feel that I wasted my time, but I also didn't feel like I learned a whole lot. I much prefer the larger book "Heaven" that is almost a textbook on the subject.
April Suter
May 06, 2012 April Suter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great short book to recharge your batteries and remind yourself the goal is heaven.
Anne Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) does a great job explaining what heaven is in a down to earth way. I enjoy her writing style and her way to add lists (without numbers) to explain.
113 pages
Lisa
Aug 16, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heaven
This little book was amazing. Anne does a wonderful job pulling from Revelations details about Heaven and what our home will be like, when we, as believers, go home. I would highly recommend it to everyone!
Tracy
Sep 14, 2009 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne has a way of getting a whole lot of facts out of a short section of scripture. Just when I thought I knew all there was to know about heaven, I read this book and find out more.
Sue Johnson
Sep 27, 2013 Sue Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've given this book away to at least 4 people who have lost loves ones. I loved this book, glorious picture of our Heavenly welcoming Father.
Dollys Crooks
Mar 21, 2016 Dollys Crooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A totally refreshing view of the Father's House. Love the way the author wrote it.
Kim
Sep 01, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book! I will re-read. Made me long to see my Father!
Brenda
Dec 01, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful stories that capture the heart. Loved it.
Cindy
Feb 11, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting look at what my new home is going to be like!
Lee Anne
Mar 26, 2014 Lee Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Sweet, encouraging little book.
Bender
Nov 22, 2013 Bender rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A laudantium eos quos et. Facilis sit magni et quia adipisci. Occaecati mollitia voluptates quidem maiores commodi.
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2016
Jocelyn Wrighting
Jocelyn Wrighting marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Cherianne
Cherianne marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Stephenie
Stephenie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
carolyn ragland
carolyn ragland marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
April Vaughan
April Vaughan marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Tina Selig
Tina Selig marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Tonna Zablah
Tonna Zablah marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Brenda E-T
Brenda E-T rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
laura dubois
laura dubois rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Carol Ames
Carol Ames rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Miki Oyamada
Miki Oyamada marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
  • The Name
  • Heaven: Your Real Home
  • Stories Behind the Great Traditions of Christmas
Lotz is the child of Billy Graham & Ruth Bell Graham

Anne Graham Lotz (born May 1948) is an American Christian evangelist. She is the second daughter of evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. Anne Graham Lotz accepts speaking invitations worldwide, is founder of AnGeL Ministries, and an award-winning author.
More about Anne Graham Lotz...

“Heaven will not only look fresh and new, it will feel fresh and new. John gives us, not just a vision of Heaven’s fresh beauty, but a “feel” of Heaven’s serenity, which permeates the atmosphere because God is there: And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Rev. 21:3–4).” 0 likes