Start by marking “Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House” as Want to Read:
Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House

Heaven: My Father's House: My Father's House

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Combining the apostle John's glorious description of Heaven from Revelation with heart-touching reflections on her own father's charming mountain home, Anne Graham Lotz weaves a tapestry of truth through this presentation that will take away your fear of death and fill you with hope for the future.

Jesus promised us, "In My Father's house are many rooms...I am going there t
Published May 3rd 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1000)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven

Reid
I liked this pretty quick read.

She writes well, is organized and from a personal viewpoint which I like.

Some quotes:
"One day God will remove all the scars and tears; until then, He will give us encouragement."

I liked her illustration about how God can use our suffering. The illustration is of a rowdy atmosphere in a pub. Drinks on a platter are being served but the server is bumped and the drink splatter against a newly whitewashed wall.

A mess is observed until a famous artist in the pub jumps u
Jen
Apr 04, 2007 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who is dying or recently lost someone
I read this book a long time ago and have since gifted it twice. My friend Melanie's mother was dying of cancer. She had a lot of questions, so I gave her my book. I bought it again because it was so good. I ended up sending that copy of the book to my aunt when she was dying. After she passed, my uncle read it. He told me it was very comforting to her in her final days. It's a great book if you've got questions about what happens when you die - and how do you get to heaven, anyway.
Merilee
I think that this book was good, I just wasn't the target audience. It has some good, Biblical information about Heaven. I especially liked the part where it mentions Heaven as being a place that is bought and paid for. I hadn't thought of that before. :) And it is a short read, so I don't feel that I wasted my time, but I also didn't feel like I learned a whole lot. I much prefer the larger book "Heaven" that is almost a textbook on the subject.
April Suter
What a great short book to recharge your batteries and remind yourself the goal is heaven.
Anne Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) does a great job explaining what heaven is in a down to earth way. I enjoy her writing style and her way to add lists (without numbers) to explain.
113 pages
Lisa
This little book was amazing. Anne does a wonderful job pulling from Revelations details about Heaven and what our home will be like, when we, as believers, go home. I would highly recommend it to everyone!
Tracy
Anne has a way of getting a whole lot of facts out of a short section of scripture. Just when I thought I knew all there was to know about heaven, I read this book and find out more.
Sue Johnson
I've given this book away to at least 4 people who have lost loves ones. I loved this book, glorious picture of our Heavenly welcoming Father.
Cindy
Very exciting look at what my new home is going to be like!
Bender
A laudantium eos quos et. Facilis sit magni et quia adipisci. Occaecati mollitia voluptates quidem maiores commodi.
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Samuel Phang
Samuel Phang marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Donna Carter
Donna Carter marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Patricia Ehler
Patricia Ehler marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Margaret Thompson
Margaret Thompson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Gassaway Baptist
Gassaway Baptist marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Stanley
Stanley marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Noah Kiser
Noah Kiser marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Faith Farrell
Faith Farrell marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Nichelle
Nichelle marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lotz is the child of Billy Graham & Ruth Bell Graham

Anne Graham Lotz (born May 1948) is an American Christian evangelist. She is the second daughter of evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. Anne Graham Lotz accepts speaking invitations worldwide, is founder of AnGeL Ministries, and an award-winning author.
More about Anne Graham Lotz...
Just Give Me Jesus Wounded by God's People: Discovering How God's Love Heals Our Hearts Why?: Trusting God When You Don't Understand The Magnificent Obsession The Vision of His Glory