Start by marking “Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2)” as Want to Read:
Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2)

Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  7,562 Ratings  ·  295 Reviews
The second installment in the popular and best-selling series starring independent-minded third-grader, Judy Moody. Judy tries all sorts of ways to get her picture in the newspaper.
Published (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Judy Moody Gets Famous!, please sign up.

Emespre When you mark a book as read, a screen thing comes up that lets you do things like rate it, write a review, and input the date you started and…moreWhen you mark a book as read, a screen thing comes up that lets you do things like rate it, write a review, and input the date you started and finished reading it. Later on, you can add or edit it by going to that book's page, where there should be a link to 'edit review' or something similar.(less)
Emespre You can't actually read them on here; Goodreads is more of a joint digital bookshelf than a library. The idea is that you can use it as a guide to…moreYou can't actually read them on here; Goodreads is more of a joint digital bookshelf than a library. The idea is that you can use it as a guide to find books you might be interested in, to keep track of books, and/or to post reviews and ratings so that other people can get a better idea of whether or not they would like it.(less)

Jimmy
Aug 22, 2010 Jimmy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Banyak cara yang bisa dilakukan sebagai usaha untuk terkenal. Kalau Anda merasa punya bakat di bidang tarik suara atau tari-tarian, segeralah ikut ajang pencarian bakat. Merasa tidak punya bakat di kedua bidang itu? Berjoget-jogetlah sambil komat-kamit mengikuti lirik sebuah lagu - jangan lupa untuk menyalakan alat perekam - dan segeralah unggah ke youtube. Siapa tahu nasib Anda akan sama dengan duet keong racun. Atau, suara Anda sangat bagus tapi tidak ingin ikut ajang idol-idolan? Rekam saja d ...more
Britt Guild
Mar 16, 2014 Britt Guild rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the Judy Moody character. She might get into trouble, but it's often times just by accident. Judy is a creative outgoing young girl who has many more positive attributes than Junie B. Jones. As a mother, I would prefer my daughter reading about a young girl who acts altruistically like Judy instead of reading about a bratty girl like Junie B. Jones. I thought the ending was touching. The story is about how Judy want to be famous like her classmate who won a spelling bee. She tries ...more
Alla
Jan 07, 2015 Alla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just hilarious! Jydy Moody is witty and funny.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Judy Moody gets famous, c2001, Megan McDonald
عنوان: جودی مشهور میشود؛ نویسنده: مگان مک دونالد؛ تصویرگر: پیتر اچ. رینولدز؛ مترجم: محبوبه نجف خانی؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، نشر افق، چاپ نخست 1385، در 87 ص، مصور، چاپهای سوم به بعد در 133 ص، اندازه 14 در 5/18 س.م، از سری: جلد 2 از 12 جلد جودی دمدمی؛ گروه سنی: ج، شابک: 9789643693503؛ موضوع: کتابهای کودکان، داستانهای تخیلی، ماجرایی، داستان خواهران و برادران
Dalia Gomez
Jun 11, 2015 Dalia Gomez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because this girl Jessica Finch wins a spelling contest and gets her face on a news paper.When Judy starts to get extremely jealous,so she enters a pet contest if you win you get to be on a news paper,at the end they ended up taking a picture of her elbow and she still is happy about that and says look at my famous elbow.
Martina Munoz
Jan 15, 2015 Martina Munoz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really funny.
I really like it.
Judy wants to get famous, but how can a girl get famous?
Adriana
Apr 10, 2017 Adriana rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I've read a Judy Moody book. My last experience wasn't so great but this one? It left me teary-eyed at the end. What a great lesson that Judy learned her self about the right kind of famous. Being kind to others.
Enrique Suarez-Ojedis
The book was about Judy wanting to be famous. They were trying to form a human scorpion by tying their shoes together and walking around like a human scorpion. That was my favorite part.
Kayla Fallis
Nov 12, 2012 Kayla Fallis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: transitional
In this book by Megan McDonald, Judy Moody tries everything that she can to become famous. Her classmate, Jessica Finch, won a spelling bee and Judy saw that this got her fame so she wanted the same. She tried to make up a lie about an ancient cherry, she tried to have a famous pet that did tricks and she tried to break a world record but these all ended wrong and Judy was still not famous. One day she accidentally stepped on her friends finger and broke it. They took him to the hospital and whi ...more
Ordinary Dahlia
Feb 28, 2010 Ordinary Dahlia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wah g suka banget ma yang edisi ini.

Sejak berkenalan dengan Judy Moody, g tau kalau anak ini spesial justru karena kelakuan khas anak-anaknya. G berkata begini karena akhir-akhir ini g liat anak-anak cenderung bertingkah tidak selayaknya seumuran mereka. Kasian banget, keknya bertingkah normal itu jadi sesuatu yang mahal banget *curcooool* hahah!

Back to Judy Moody...selain lucu, buku ini juga banyak menyampaikan pesan moral positif. Misalnya seperti : tidak semua yang u harapkan bisa terwujud,
Erin Ramai
Jul 15, 2010 Erin Ramai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ala-notable
Judy has more depth and dimension in this second installment. She still harbors some of the same feelings about her brother Stink, but their relationship is more amicable. And although envy and jealousy motivate much of Judy's quest for fame, readers can't help but feel for her when she can't find a single event in her life to earn a place in the Moody Hall of Fame. Throughout the text she learns the difference between becoming famous, infamous and just plain criminal. Judy might be known for be ...more
Tawnie
Jul 20, 2008 Tawnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Grades: 2 to 4 Genre: Realistic Fiction
Everyone in Judy Moody’s life seems to have been famous at one point. Not only did Jessica win a local spelling bee, her brother and her parents all seem to have claims to fame. Not wanting to be outdone, Judy starts a campaign to become famous herself. But it is only when she does something in secret that she finally becomes famous. Children will relate to Judy’s quickly changing moods and the simple black and white illustrations add to this novel. Part of
Dolly
Jan 15, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Rare! We really like the Judy Moody series and although we've skipped around a bit, we are now working our way through the rest of the books in order. We like Judy's spunk, and I think our girls can empathize with her feelings. She is a very creative and spontaneous character and we love her interaction with her family, teachers and friends. We loved the ending - perhaps it will inspire children to do the same.
Karla Malaca
Nov 20, 2015 Karla Malaca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is about a girl named Judy Moody and she is the tallest in her family. She is trying to get famous by many ways. For example she got her cat to make toast for her face can be in the news paper. I think this book would be for a person that has fun at lot of ways. I like this book because it has all my favorite thing like being childish.
Katie
Dec 06, 2015 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
'' Judy Moody Gets Famous '' by Megan McDonald is a good book if you just want a break and you just want to read something easy. So if you like to read Humor and Comedy books tis book is for you.
Delainy Ogurkis
Jun 10, 2013 Delainy Ogurkis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is such a great book. I love it.
Alia
Jan 24, 2017 Alia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book so much
Karrie
Aug 26, 2016 Karrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this one. What a nice story!
Jocelyn Reynoso
This story was boring and tooooo EASY
Malakalshayea__
Apr 06, 2014 Malakalshayea__ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice book ilovet
Wendy Falzone
Dec 12, 2013 Wendy Falzone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 20-books-in-2013
Love reading these with my eight year old. Judy cracks us up!
Mahdie
Jun 18, 2014 Mahdie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
بهترین کتابایی که تو کودکیم خوندم جودی بود و واقعا کمکم کرد خلاق تر شم.عالی بودن.نوستالژیک شدم:)
Kelsey
Jun 06, 2017 Kelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: libs-642
Such a fun, transitional book for young readers. Judy Moody not only teaches readers how to help others, but to do it in a fun secretive way. Every child wants to have a famous moment, and no one can teach them better than Judy Moody herself. The illustrations in the book give the readers a fun, creative outlook to Judy Moody's life. Every young reader will want to read this book to find their famous moment.
Mckenzie Richardson
This is a great continuation of the Judy Moody series.
A quick, but entertaining read, filled with humorous stories of how Judy tried to get famous.
I love Judy's character and how McDonald allows her to feel all sorts of emotions (not just happy), teaching kids that it is okay to be in a bad mood sometimes.
Very simple, but extremely funny.
Indah Threez Lestari
197 - 2017
Sam  Bronstein
Jun 08, 2017 Sam Bronstein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with lots of great lessons for kids and adults alike. It's easy to identify with Judy whatever age you are.
Diane
Mar 14, 2017 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-readers
Judy is just dying to be famous for something - ever since Jessica won the regional spelling contest and got her picture in the newspaper. But what can she do? Even when Stink creates a Hall of Fame display on the refrigerator, she can't think of anything to put in it for herself. Desperate situations call for desperate measures and soon Judy has her friends, Rocky and Frank, involved in a scheme to become famous - with disastrous results. Does losing a finger make you famous?
Marika Gillis
Judy Moody Gets Famous is an adorable story of a precocious little girl who is desperate for a little fame. Judy notices that all of her friends have had their moment in the spotlight- a name in the paper, an award of some sort, etc.- except her. So, she tries to get a little of her own fame through various amusing antics. In the end, Judy instinctively does an amazing act of kindness and realizes that its not attention that's important, but what one little girl can do to help others in need. Th ...more
Mariana
Oct 17, 2013 Mariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****spoiler alert****

why does Judy want to be famous and why is she jealous of Jessica? Judy wants to be famous because Jessica won the spelling bee contest and shes jealous because she wants to also be famous and wants to be as good as her. The genre is realistic fiction because people do go through things like being someone different then who you are.My opinion of this story is it doesn't matter who's famous or better because you are unique in your own way but we have to admit people do go thr
Mehsi
4.5 stars. After the first book turned out to be such a success, I knew I just had to get the rest of the books. I was at first looking to buy 1 and 2 together, but then I found an amazing deal, 10 books for ~20 euro. So now I have a whole stack of these books and I just can't wait to read them all!

And now for the book. Judy Moody is at it again. She is quite moody again, but with right reasons. I can just imagine it mustn't be much fun to see everyone having their minutes of fame while you have
  • Junie B., First Grader: Shipwrecked (Junie B. Jones, #23)
  • Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter (Ivy and Bean, #4)
  • Clementine's Letter (Clementine, #3)
  • Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Dragonslayer (Babymouse, #11)
  • Emily The Emerald Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #24; Jewel Fairies, #3)
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an
More about Megan McDonald...

Judy Moody (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1)
  • Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3)
  • Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Judy Moody, #4)
  • Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
  • Judy Moody: Around the World in 8 1/2 Days (Judy Moody #7)
  • Judy Moody Goes to College (Judy Moody, #8)
  • Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Judy Moody, #9)
  • Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody, #10)
  • Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Judy Moody, #11)