Start by marking “Front Page Affair” as Want to Read:
Front Page Affair

Front Page Affair (One Night at a Wedding #2)

Payton hasn't seen Nate Evans in years—not since he used to hang out with her brother in high school. But now she and Nate are guests at the same wedding where the notorious millionaire offers her a wild proposal—a sexy, scandalous and irresistible affair!

Nate's outrageous proposition was supposed to stay only paper-thin; it was merely a ploy to distract the tabloids from

Published January 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Front Page Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Front Page Affair

Ridley
Let me be honest; this book's premise is completely ridiculous. Paparazzi do not follow wealthy businessmen around snapping candid photos and spreading gossip about them. So the hero, Nate, asking the heroine, Payton, to help him stage a sham romance to throw the tabloids off his six month absence from society events is really, really far fetched, even for a Presents. The melodramatic conflict between new money Nate and Payton's old money family was also incredibly overdone.

But, somehow, the boo
seton
This was the American version of Tabloid Affair Secretly Pregnant by relative newcomer Mira Lyn Kelly. I was pretty bored with this sophomore effort; I was surprised I was able to finish it actually.

Saly
One of the best HP's. I love the author's voice, the hero and heroine were real and not some caricatures and there was a real relationship and intimacy between them not just the physical part. Totally lovable :)
Kiki
It almost felt like NA/YA genre. I just couldn't go on. Don't know about the storyline, don't care. Writing style just didn't sit well with me.
seton
This was the M&B version of the Harlequin Front Page Affair of relative newcomer Mira Lyn Kelly. I was pretty bored with this sophomore effort; I was surprised I was able to finish it actually.

The H was one of those I'm-so-hawt-everyone-wants-to-shag-me, posturing bad boys that I find tiresome. The H/h knew each other since they were teenagers but I didnt really feel their speshul connection. While the writing wasn't technically bad or anything, it will be a while before I ever try another o
SuperWendy
Dec 03, 2012 SuperWendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scroll down to read Ridley's review, because that pretty much covers my thoughts on this one. If you can roll with the set-up, which is pretty thin (why the hero doesn't want the paparazzi sniffing around his past, especially when he didn't do ANYTHING wrong is beyond me - but whatever). The heart of the story, which features one of my faves - the friends to lovers theme - is really a very good one, and very touching. I liked that Payton and Nate shared a history, were comfortable with each othe ...more
Jacqueline
very well done HP. This one was a bit more believable with less OTT melodrama than might be expected in an HP. The hero is a nice guy who thinks he is incapable of love and the heroine proves him wrong of course. She had a crush on him as a teenager than quickly turns to love. She tries to have a relationship on his terms and he tries to break up with her when he realizes she can't. Enjoyable all around and I'll happily try more by this author.
Beverley Kendall
Really loved this book. Love Ms. Kelly's characterization of hero and heroine. The conflict between them rang so true as did their response. The sexual tension in the book is fabulous and I felt--truly felt--the hero and heroine's emotional response to each other. Really looking forward to her next book. I hope she's a speedy writer.
Booklover
This was a good read,Nate is a very good man who has been through a lot in past 6 months and now he wants some distraction so that press stops digging a past which he does'nt wants it out,then he sees Payton whom he shares a history,he asks her to act his "pretend girlfriend"so that the press leaves them alone after a little hesitation she agrees.As time goes by Payton goes on falling deep in love with Nate and Nate he sees signs which indicates Payton is falling and its time to end but he just ...more
RLA
Feb 27, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero Nate has been out of the society limelight for a while dealing with a rather difficult situation that he would like to keep private. When he sees the heroine Payton, whom he knew when they were younger, he asks her out thinking he can both deflect the attention away from where he has been by having a high profile relationship with heiress Payton, as well as finally being able to act on the desire between them. Payton has secretly desired Nate for a long time and it is not long before th ...more
Kate
Dec 06, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all-time favorite HP books! The characters are realistic. It was a nice change to read an HP where the plot involving a wealthy hero didn't revolve around his money and power.

I usually delete HP's from my e-reader when I'm done, but I saved this one in case I want to read it again.
Keri Ford
Dec 20, 2010 Keri Ford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Such a fun read! I was up until 2am, unable to put the book down. The hero Nate was charming and alpha without being irritating and the heroine Payton was an absolute delight and perfect balance to Nate’s occasional control issues. They worked well off each other, their banter kept me laughing on nearly every page. Can’t wait for more from Ms. Kelly!
Judi
What better way to throw the paparazzi off the scent of a news story then to manufacture a “fake” relationship to get the tongues a-wagging.

Nate Evans is a player plain and simple. Mr. Love‘em and leave‘em is always in the spotlight with a different woman on his arm every week leaving a string of broken hearts in his wake.

Meeting up with a blast from his past, teenage friend Payton Liss seems like fate. He coerces Payton into acting as his "pretend" girlfriend so they can give the press somethin
Nena Clements
Dec 21, 2010 Nena Clements rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a charming, romantic read. Sensual and titillating. Loved it.
Desirée
Leído el 18/05/2012

UNA PROPOSICIÓN ROMANTICA

Protagonistas: Nate Evans y Payton
Argumento:

Los escandalosos titulares eran sólo el principio…
Hacía años que Payton no veía a Nate Evans, hasta que ambos coincidieron como invitados en una boda, en la que el famoso millonario le hizo una proposición salvaje: ¡una irresistible, sensual y romántica aventura!
Se trataba únicamente de una treta para distraer a la prensa de otro escándalo mucho más importante. Pero ni Payton ni él contaban con que su aventur
Charlie
This book had so much potential it started off on fire then kind of petered out for me into a spluttering hot mess.
Our hot hero has a chip on his shoulder and our h is just lovely and obv genuinely liked out Hand wanted it all. One accidental pregnancy later and he tries to railroad her into marriage while she just wants love for her and the baby. One tearful apology later and we have our HEA. Just didn't quite do it for me ☹
Vanessa
Aug 14, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zenta
Jun 25, 2013 Zenta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, 18, romance
Sižeta līnija ļoti līdzīga pirmajām šīs autores darbam ko lasīju "Once is Never Enough". Sieviete, kura sapņo par ģimenei, māju ar baltu sētu precībām, satiekas ar vīrieti, kuram tas viss ir vienaldzīgs, nevajadzīgs, kuram vairāk interesē vienas nakts sakars. Šajās stāstā viss sākas ar izpalīdzēšanu draugam; Peitona piekrīt izlikties par sava bērnības drauga, miljonāra Neita draudzeni, lai viņš spētu novērst mēdīju uzmanību no kā cita. Tā kā Peitona nesen izšķīrusies no sava saderinātā un vienmē ...more
~♥*Marianna*♥~
It was great! Wow. Just wonderful. Nate takes over the book. He's so ... himself. I don't even know how to describe it. He's just an overwhelming character. I felt so amazed at his gal and determination toward the end of the book. Such deviousness. He's amazing. Let's leave it at that. I'm obviously too inarticulate to sufficiently explain my thoughts right now.
And Payton is so heartfelt. Her emotions more than once left me teary eyed.
There is one little blip in the perfection of this book for
Alexis-Morgan Roark
ies
Aug 14, 2014 ies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
tadinya mo gw kasih 3 bintang, tp gw bacanya sambil marah2 di kantor, jd gw kasih 4 bintang deh kwkwkwkw

Chap awal2 tu gw masih biasa aja, chap belasan gw sebel banget sama si Hero! aigooo.. segitu takutnya berkomitmen dan si heroine jg kaga bisa ngelepasin gitu aja, ini tadinya mo gw kasih 3 bintang...

tapi trs sesuatu terjadi, dan kebalik deh.. si heronya yg menghalalkan segala cara agar si heroine mau merit ama die, dan tebak.. si heroine kaga mau muahahahaha. Si hero masih pake cara2 licik pu
Melissa Maxwell
Mar 09, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I loved the book. Payton and Nate were the perfect counter point for the other. Payton was a rich girl out of place in that life and just wanted to leave it all behind. Nate was brilliant but came from a broken home were he never saw romantic love. Nate needs Payton's help to make a pretend scandal to cover a real one. They knew the other as a youth but were just to young to truly make a go of it. I loved the ending though I would have loved the story to end further in the future.
Carrie
3.5*

Unlikely set-up, but that much is to be expected in a HQ, so no real points off for that. I liked the characters and the writing is good. I didn't give it more stars because it's somewhat predictable and the overall plot (man hurt as a youth believes he can never love, woman loves him even though she was "warned" by honorable man not to)is very common in contemporaries, especially category romances.

Still, a better than average way to spend some reading time.
W.
Jul 26, 2012 W. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Standard HP fare. Girl in love with the guy. Guy needs to use the girl for some reason. She agrees because she's in love with him. They get it on, she falls for him further. He panics about their relationship. (view spoiler) He tries to get her to marry him. She refuses. He realizes he's in love with her. They live happily ever after. The end.

There's nothing wrong per se with this book, but it's not remarkable or original.
Cathy Faulkner
Loved this book, I like romances where we get the heros and heroines inner thoughts. Friends to lovers book, I like the author's writing style and am looking forward to reading more of her work.

Only gripe with this story is how quickly the hero changes his mind at the end, he stuck to his guns the whole way through and then suddenly changes his mind and wants a full-on relationship. Felt a tad rushed.
Hilly
Dec 30, 2012 Hilly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stars? Too muddled to earn any.

This started out interestingly; it was well-written and had potential. But the constant rehashing was wearying, the plot went wonky (view spoiler) and the last 5 pages were disappointingly incomprehensible and far too rushed to be any kind of conclusion to the story. Unsatisfactory.
Mareli
Oct 13, 2011 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good read!

Both of them seemed totally normal people, with problems and issues but both of them able to talk about them and explain their feelings. No doormat or a@@ here and there! I love those kind of books!
SweetSweeede
Jul 21, 2013 SweetSweeede rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it for the first 60-70 % (5 stars), then the storyline took a turn I'm personally not a fan of (3 stars), but then there was redemption and sweetness in the end, which makes this an overall 4-star book for me.
Raneem
I didn't like it not the least!
It was very boring and repetitive, nothing exciting nor thrilling was occurring through this story.
Although I love Mira and all of her books.. I find this book in particular not as the rest of her other books.
Dominus~
Well it was an unsatisfying ending. I wouldn't have believed him if someone like Nate told that to me, there wasn't a change. Like the big thing? Big push? Anyway, I love the cliche parts, especially the pregnancy thing. But still there's lacking but it's alright.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Walk on the Wild Side
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Not Forgiven, Never Forgotten
  • In Christofides' Keeping
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure?
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester, #2)
  • One Last Night
  • Separate Lives
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • Public Scandal, Private Mistress
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
For Mira's latest book news, sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/A-XKr

USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly grew up in the Chicago area and earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University. She met the love of her life while studying abroad in Rome, Italy, only to discover he’d been living right around the corner from her back home. Having spent her twenties working and play
More about Mira Lyn Kelly...

One Night at a Wedding (2 books)
  • Champagne with a Celebrity