Start by marking “Karma & Melodies” as Want to Read:
Karma & Melodies

Karma & Melodies

Kendra used to spend her days organizing events for Café Enigma while daydreaming about Marcus, the sexy lead singer of Normal Paradox. But all those dreams of becoming Mrs. Rock Star died, along with her mortality, the moment Hector entered her life and turned her into a vampire.

Ten torturous years later, Kendra finally escapes Hector and runs straight into Marcus. (Well,
Published (first published February 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Karma & Melodies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karma & Melodies

Laurie Garrison
Karma & Melodies is a sweet and fast vampire novella read. The blurb says enough, I don’t want to spoil. I did like the characters and story. The romance is different with the heroine being the vampire and the hero being the human it made for an interesting read.
Penelope Fletcher
Jun 25, 2011 Penelope Fletcher rated it liked it
Short. Sexy. Sweet. This novella is not bad at all. The vampire lore focuses mainly on the drug like influences vampire blood can have on a human. Don't expect a lot of detail into the intricacies of being a vampire, I would say this is a romance with a supernatural slant as opposed to a fantasy book with romance. I enjoyed the musical focus in the story line. Musicians do have this odd, sexual allure (even the ugly ones), don't they? I loved the fact this strong, immortal vampire was pretty ...more
Nora
Feb 14, 2011 Nora rated it it was amazing
Karma and Melodies
Katie Salidas

The music from the band brought back waves of memories from days gone by for Kendra. Days when she could enjoy the sunshine on her face and nights when she shared her poetry at the Egnima while listening to the beautiful voice of the leader of the band. The same voice making it's way to her ears through the crowd, ten years later, or what seemed like a lifetime ago. What should have been joy to wash over Kendra, was instead replaced with sorrow and regret. There
Stephanie  G
Kendra was on the run from her sire. He was an awful vampire who tricked her then forced her into turning ten years ago. Now that she has escapes him she just wants a glimpse of the life she left behind and Marcus and his band was part of that life.

After the concert she left knowing she’d never see him again, but karma had different plans for her and Marcus. Marcus hit her with his car, with the injury and loss of blood she attacked him without knowing who he was till she took too much blood. Th
Katrina
Feb 17, 2011 Katrina rated it liked it
** Firstly the cover is hot ** I really liked this, it drew me in .. Not that I pick up a book for its cover but this I liked..

A short vampire novella about a newly turned vampire of ten years, a singer in a rock band and lust- love that has been remembered over ten years.

Marcus has always been in Kendras heart and thoughts, she use to sit and watch him play while she wrote poetry until that fearful night her life changed. Fate brought her back to Markus, she escaped her maker Hector to be hit
Everybookhasasoul
This is a short love story that is full of action and suspense. It isn't a genre that I really read but I really enjoyed this novel.

The characters were well thought out and made for an enjoyable read. Salidas gives the reader a unique view on vampires that adds a lot of characters to the novel and really draws the reader in.

Overall a very enjoyable short read.

A copy of this novel was received for review for free and all opinions expressed are my own through reading this novel.

This review was fi
Courtney Conant
Feb 28, 2011 Courtney Conant rated it really liked it
This was a sweet paranormal love story with a brutal side hidden within. A beautiful tale of love lost and reunited many years later, Kendra and Marcus will keep you turning the pages.

It's a unique take on vampires, without straying too far from the traditional. I'm excited to see if there will be a sequel, as I'm curious as to what the future holds for the vamps and the band.

This novella is a quick read and definitely worth sinking your teeth into...
Tanya
Sep 04, 2011 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good short read. If you like vampires and bands...you'll like this. Even though it was short Katie did a great job with the story line and getting to know all the characters. I really liked the band members. Definitely a good read.
L.A.
Apr 07, 2011 L.A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Posted first on The Romance Reviews

Katie Salidas is a writer that finds the places in your heart that create heat and passion. She is a strong voice in the Vampire Genre, one could say a speaker of the dead. In her usual way, she has given us that unique young man that tugs at your heart strings, the one you always remember. She sets her stage with strong female characters, and in KARMA AND MELODIES, she has also brought the music. This is a dark novel as most vampire stories are, but she brings
Jamie
Karma & Melodies is a short but sweet vampire read. This is different from the usual hot guy vampire who meets the human girl. This time it's the girl vampire who meets the hot human guy.

Kendra has been a vampire for ten years and has finally escaped Hector, her evil vampire creator. Before she was turned she spent time reciting poetry and listing to her favorite band. Kendra has always wondered what would have become of her and the lead singer Marcus if they would have gotten a chance to t
1000 +
Jun 19, 2011 1000 + rated it really liked it
Fate throws Kendra together with her previous crush, Marcus, from years ago when she was merely a mortal. Now a Vampire on the run from her evil creator, Hector, she's forced to accompany Marcus and his band on a road trip.

Living so close, Marcus and Kendra pick up where they left off and finally take their 'crush' to the next level however Hector won't let Kendra go so easily.

As Hector closes in on Kendra, she must make a choice: save Marcus or herself.

Lets Talk About It:

I really enjoyed this
Cleverly
Mar 21, 2011 Cleverly rated it really liked it
I know some of you are sick of vamp books, but maybe you're like me and still enjoy a quick bite. Katie Salidas has written a solid vampire romance. I enjoyed that the vampires didn't stray to far from the classic vampires. You know not all vampires are good. There is still some evil ones.

The characters were well written and had unique voices. I do wish I knew more of Marcus's character. He's the only one I felt needed a bit more attention. The plot was fun and had an interesting twist. I slamm
Melisa Hamling
Dec 20, 2011 Melisa Hamling rated it it was amazing
A little bite goes a long way!

Escaping Hector's wrath wasn't easy, but Kendra managed. Revisiting her past, Kendra doesn't expect to run into her secret crush, Marcus. As fate takes control, Kendra winds up a little too close for comfort with her Rock-star fantasy and does the unthinkable. It wasn't her fault she did what she did. After all, she'd been knocked out and woke to see stars....or shall we say, one dreamy star!

A rough start to past desires shakes Kendra's world, and Marcus'. Will her
Alison Beightol
May 15, 2011 Alison Beightol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karma and Melodies was a sweet vampire novella with an undercurrent of doom. I like how the author wove that through the story.
The characters in the story are very likeable and believable. I felt like I got to know them. The only thing (and it's just my opinion) that bothered me was that the MC didn't like being a vampire. Or she said she didn't. Vampires like that sometimes get on my nerves. But it didn't interfere with making this a terrific read for when you want a nice vampire story to read
Literary
May 30, 2011 Literary rated it liked it
Cover

Sexy and sets the tone for the story.

Plot/Main Characters

Kendra is a poetic lady who hopes to capture the attention of Marcus, the lead singer of a local band. In the meantime, she captures the attention of an evil vampire, Hector, and is turned against her will.

Ten years later, Kendra comes across Marcus and they become joined by a blood bond as a result of an accident of fate. Can Kendra escape Hector's authority over her? Will Marcus be turned and become Kendra's mate?

Overall

This was a r
Siobhan Muir
Mar 16, 2012 Siobhan Muir rated it really liked it
I really liked this short tale of a woman turned by an evil sire and making her escape, only to run into the man she wanted to be with ten years earlier. I thought the ending was a little rushed (I guess I would've liked it to be longer), but overall I liked the flow of the story, the character development and felt they were realistically written. Nicely done. I'll happily read more of Ms. Salidas' work again. :)
Marilyn Vix
Sep 16, 2013 Marilyn Vix rated it it was amazing
Love this author. This is the second book I've read of Katie Salidas. She does for vampires what soaps do for drama. She adds some nice spice to a strong, interesting story. I'm looking for more books to read written by her. Would love to see a whole series of these characters.
Annabel
Jun 15, 2011 Annabel rated it it was amazing
you can find my review on my blog:

Kyanara Night
Jan 05, 2012 Kyanara Night rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
you can read my review by clicking om the link below
Catrina Barton
Dec 20, 2012 Catrina Barton rated it really liked it
Another yummy delicacy by Katie Salidas.
I had the pleasure of reading this a long time ago.
Steamy scenes, great characters.
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Fredricka
Fredricka rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Sahara
Sahara rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Alexander Tyndall
Alexander Tyndall rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Tercika
Tercika rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2011
J.L. McCoy
J.L. McCoy rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Katie Salidas is a Super Woman! Endowed with special powers and abilities, beyond those of mortal women, She can get the munchkin off to gymnastics, cheerleading, Girl Scouts, and swim lessons. She can put hot food on the table for dinner while assisting with homework, baths, and bedtime… And, She still finds the time to keep the hubby happy (nudge nudge wink wink). She can do all of this and ...more
More about Katie Salidas...