Start by marking “Mit ganzer Seele (Soul Screamers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mit ganzer Seele (Soul Screamers, #1)

Mit ganzer Seele (Soul Screamers #1)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  36,206 Ratings  ·  2,477 Reviews
Sie kann keine Toten sehen, aber…
Sie spürt, wenn jemand in ihrer Nähe sterben wird. Und dann zwingt eine unbesiegbare Macht sie zu schreien, so laut sie kann.

Kaylee kann ihr Glück kaum fassen. Der schärfste Typ der Schule hat sie angesprochen! Nash hat die schönsten braunen Augen, die sie je gesehen hat. Als er sie auf die Tanzfläche zieht, glaubt Kaylee zu träumen. Aber d
Published October 2011 by Mira Taschenbuch Verlag (first published January 1st 2009)

Jan 03, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, normally I really don't like books where a guy and a girl eye-hump each other for 5 minutes and then decide they're the ones that Kiss song was written for. This book is no different.

At first I was a bit suspicious, because well... it's not like Nash noticed Kaylee before, so I didn't really know where the sudden interest comes from. But my suspicion faded pretty quickly, ahem.

But of course, Kaylee is beautiful, but doesn't know it... And I can see where this thing with Tod is going... (
Rachel Carter
Jun 17, 2016 Rachel Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy-paperback
Update 6/17/16: this book is 99 cents right now: Just saying:D

A wonderful 5-star read recommended from Michelle (who so willingly read Warner in exchange for me trying one of her rec's)

Do you love Meg Cabot's Shadowland series?
Can't get enough of Noah Shaw in The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer?
Love YA contemporary or light-hearted YA urban fantasy?
Love two hot brothers along the lines of Stefan and Damon, only more along the lines of Noah Shaw (much better than Stefan) and Damon
Jennifer Armentrout
Oh jeez, I think I found a new series to obsess over. Great.
Aug 18, 2013 ★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you get annoyed at shallow characters, obvious plot lines and a rather unexciting love story, then I'd suggest you skip this book.

I absolute LOATHED this book. So many of my friends rated this book quite highly, which compelled me into wanting to like this, too.
Yeah, well, that didn't work out.
I stuck out until the end, in hope I would find SOME redeeming qualities. There were none.

The Characters
The characters are one-dimensional. They have names, alright, but that's about it. They have a
Jan 18, 2010 Tatiana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy, 2010
"My Soul to Take" is, to my surprise, the first YA urban fantasy I've come across. Sort of a teen version of Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" series and Richelle Mead's Succubus books. The majority of the teen paranormal books on the market nowadays are straight romances, which means there is a lot of kissing, staring into each other's eyes, sleeping in the same bed (in a chaste way, naturally) and angst, and very little development of mythology or plot. "Hush, Hush," "Shiver" and "E ...more
Rachel Vincent, thoust hast redeemed thouself. Thyself? Thineself? Screw it. Look you’re off my shit list, okay lady?

I liked this book. I really liked it.

I’m not sure if that’s because I hated Stray so much (which I ATTEMPTED to read directly before this one—don’t do it, trust me) or if it’s because this book is really that good. Based on the glowing notes I took, I’m leaning towards the latter.

I recommend this book to readers who:

1. Are sick of hating main characters
2. Are sick of main chara
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
*3,5/5 stars*

My Soul to Take was a great start to the Soul Screamers series. Kaylee, who discovers through the novel that she's actually a Bean Sidhe was an interesting heroine. There was some 'special snowflake' syndrome on her part, but she still managed to be interesting and likeable main lead. I hope that I'll like her - and the side-characters - more and more as the series progress.

“The problem with getting everything you want in life is that you're not prepared for disappointment when it
Helen 2.0
Tod Hudson - Be still my heart....

As for My Soul to Take, I had trouble focusing on the plot because I spent most of the time either fawning over Tod or waiting for him to show up again.
From what I remember, the book is fairly short and feels like an introduction, nothing more. The climax of the plot felt more like a little bump in the road. I guess that just means I have to keep going with the series.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
(Mini review to avoid even the slightest bit of spoilage)

I couldn't put this book down, it was just the fix I needed to feed my YA addiction. I love how unique Kaylee's story is, it really pops in comparison to the hoard of para ya out there. Most importantly the world building was freaking brilliant, the characters were engaging and believable, and the romantic aspects were age appropriate.

And then there was Todd *sighs*, me likey Todd ; ).
Sophia Sardothien
Jun 02, 2015 Sophia Sardothien rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This book is far too boring for it's own good... Annoying protagonist and crappy "insta love"

Jul 30, 2009 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, own-arc
I have Rachel’s adult series sitting on my shelf, they still need to be read, but when the opportunity arose to read her debut YA novel, I knew I had to pounce! (That was totally a pun for her werecats novels, just in case you didn’t get that.)

This was an interesting start to a new series. The whole premise of soul screamers is very original and unique amongst the throng of ya paranormal novels. The beginning was slow, but with the amount of back story that Rachel had to do, it was almost inevit
Rating: 2 out of 5.

This book wasn't very original when it came to paranormal YA. Most of the book was spent with the heroine asking questions. The heroine also asked the wrong questions, or unimportant questions first. The heroine needed to get her priorities straight. I could go on for pages and point out where the book failed me, but the points below are instances in the first half of the book that annoyed me:

• The hero is the hot/popular guy at school who is also coincidentally a man-whore.
Inspired Kathy
Feb 04, 2012 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I probably should have reviewed this book as soon as I finished it earlier this week. Instead I found and read its prequel, then picked up the 2nd book in the series, and then the 3rd. I started the 4th book at midnight last night and have already finished it and just bought book number 5. As soon as I'm done with that I'm planning to buy the 2 novellas I've not yet read. I'm sleep deprived but just can't seem to get enough of this series.

It's been way too long since as series of books kept me u
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

This book is amazing for a number of reasons. I finally relate to the setting. I have read countless urban fantasy books and I always wanted a story set close to where I live. The story feels more real.

The concept is unique. It deals with death, souls and bean sidhe. Kaylee knows when someone is going to die when she screams. She predicts death yet she can't stop it. Her screams are ear spitting to humans but music to ma
(4.5 Stars)

My Soul to Take is about a girl named Kaylee, who gets very unusual panic attacks. Sometimes she can see a shadow that wraps around any random person that makes Kaylee want to have a gut wrenching scream, see, she knows when this happens that the person is about to die.
Not understanding what is going on and believing she isn't crazy no matter what people think, Kaylee gets some help from someone she never would have dreamed, the gorgeous Nash. With his help Kaylee will finally underst
Kayleigh {K-Books}
I had this book sat on my bookshelf for a while before finally picking it up. After reading the first book in Rachel Vincent's adult urban fantasy series, Blood Bound, I instantly wanted to read her other series so I finally picked up this one.

I loved this book, I thought it was amazing. I always enjoy original storylines and I thought the storyline of this book is definitely original and not something I have read before. I loved that we got to see the characters grow a lot in this book.
LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos
I read the first book in Rachel Vincent’s urban fantasy series, “Shifters” a few years ago. I was not impressed, nor did I feel the urge to give it another try. But when I found out she’d written an urban fantasy YA series from friends on Goodreads, I figured, why not?

Kaylee Cavanaugh is a junior in high school who has felt the urge to scream uncontrollably on a few occasions, which she believes are panic attacks. Living with her seemingly oblivious aunt and uncle and her popular cousin, she fee
Aug 18, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaylee Cavanaugh has big problems, and not your normal angsty teenage ones. Her father has been missing from her life ever since her mother died, she lives with an aunt who is obsessed with looking young and fit, an uncle who does seem to care about her, but a cousin who can hardly stand her. Her home life may be less than ideal, but Kaylee has more to worry about than getting along with her relatives. Kaylee knows when someone is going to die. And when the Grim Reaper comes for a person’s soul, ...more
Carrie {The Butterfly Reader}
Kaylee has been lied to her whole life. Her family made her out to believe she was going crazy. Even going as far as sending her to the hospital. Why? Once in the mall, she saw something in the mall and screamed bloody murder.

But there is something going on, a huge secret Kaylee doesn't know but through strange events and a hot guy from school, she learns not only that she's a bean sidhe. Nash is one also, so he decides to tell her about herself after three teenage girls fall over dead.

After fi
Mar 15, 2010 Nic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is about Kaylee who can sense when somebody near her is going to die. When that happens Kaylee screams bloody murder, something she can't control. Kaylee just wants to be normal girl dating the hottest guy in school, but how can she be when her classmates start dying.

I really liked this book. It was fast paced and a refreshing read. It was a unique concept that sucked me in quickly.

The chemistry was their between Kaylee and Nash and they were both great characters, but the stand out c
Pg. 36
So Nash gets major bonus points for not calling Kaylee out on her craziness from the get go, like most guys would. And what the heck is going on with her anyway?

Pg. 200
I love the bean sidhe part of this story. It's such a new element to supernatural YA. I'd never heard of any series about bean sidhes before this one, and I'm glad I picked it up.
I wish I could say that my opinion of Sophie has changed, because usually the shallow, annoying sister/cousin/whatever grows up and develops a litt
Jan 11, 2010 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Wake Trilogy
Recommended to Heather by: Melissa Marr
I picked this book up on a whim, thinking it sounded mildly entertaining and hoping I wouldn't regret spending ten bucks on an author I knew nothing about. Three and a half hours later I went back out into the cold to buy the sequel. I loved this book!

As a lover of mythology, I was somewhat familiar with Banshees’ but the lore in this book was entirely new and surprisingly entertaining. Kaylee is 16 and a bit of a wreck. Her mother died when she was three and her father has flittered in and out
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
After several months I have finally finished this book. I just checked. It's been 5 months. Okay... :/

I wanna make sweet looove with Tod. *sings like Chef*

[image error]

I love that he is a smartass,angry and rude all the time.
Martina Gjomemo
Jul 08, 2016 Martina Gjomemo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I missed so much reading books that really got me!
Review to come!
If I write a review it'll probably be for the first volume altogether.
But UUUUUUUGH. Did not approve. Nope. Nuh uh. No thank you.
Aug 21, 2014 Brigid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Star Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

This book has been a favorite of mine since I was a teen. I love it to pieces, therefore be warned: I may be slightly biased in my review.

Things that make this novel different:

1. The book features Bean Sidhe (Banshee) from Irish folklore.
2. Parents in this book are actually very significant to the story.
3. The MC voluntarily involves her uncle into the issue instead of trying to handle it all by herself.
4. The MC actually has a spine and do
*2.5 STARS!*

This review may turn into a bit of a rant so I will try and keep it short and hmmm not so sweet!

After reading lots of complicated and long books lately, I was looking forward to an easy read, BUT with a good storyline and a frustrating love triangle. This is what I expected this book was going to give me. Hmmm.. No, no it didn't! Boy was I wrong.

The heroine was such a dramatic FOOL, some things she said and the things she thought was happening to her.. I had to STOP and shake my he
Maria (highinthebooksky)
to be honest I didn't like this book at the beginning but after reading 80 pages or so I was hooked! it was amazing! I looved the supernatural elements and the plot twist at the end! my personal favorite was Tod! he really did it for me:-D I hope he will become more important in the next books bc he is hottttt as hell ! :-D

Fantastic book! Can't wait to read more about Tod!
  • Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1)
  • Shade (Shade, #1)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Shattered Souls (Souls, #1)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • 13 to Life (13 to Life, #1)
  • Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1)
  • Past Midnight (Past Midnight, #1)
  • Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
  • Haven (Winterhaven, #1)
  • Firespell (Dark Elite, #1)
  • Die for Me (Revenants, #1)
  • The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1)
  • Meridian (Fenestra, #1)
  • The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1)
  • Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)
  • Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
More about Rachel Vincent...

Soul Screamers (7 books)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)

“My aunt and overprivileged cousin only recognize two states of being: glitter and grunge. And if you weren’t glitter, well, that only left one other option.” 125 likes
“Did he show himself?” Nash asked, and I glanced to my right to see him staring at my father, as fascinated as I was.
My dad nodded. “He was an arrogant little demon.”
“So what happened?” I asked.
“I punched him.”
For a moment, we stared at him in silence. “You punched the reaper?” I asked, and my hand fell from the strainer onto the edge of the sink.
“Yeah.” He chuckled at the memory, and his grin brought out one of my own. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d seen my father smile. “Broke his nose.”