Start by marking “The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't)” as Want to Read:
The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't)

The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't)

How the Brain Goes Through Decision-Making: Do you often wonder what your customer is thinking? Don't leave the thought process to chance and let that customer walk away. Your customers don't want to walk away. They want to buy from you. So how does the brain make decisions? And what causes it to get confused? The Brain Audit shows you how the customer takes decisions. And ...more
Published August 22nd 2009 by Psychotactics (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Brain Audit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brain Audit

Trevor
Oct 01, 2015 Trevor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, kindle, 2015
Sean D'Souza knows his stuff. I started out reading his blog posts. Then I moved to bing-listening to his podcast. I couldn't get enough of his simple, thoughtful, thorough insights.

This book is my first paid product from the Psychotactics library, and I'm so glad I decided to buy it!

There's so many actionable items in here that I have to go back for a second read-through starting tomorrow!

Sean has helped me gain an understanding of business, marketing, and persuasion that I never thought I coul
Giedrius Švetkauskas
Very good algorithm for those, who work with product services communications. Recommend it to every marketing person. It helped myself to define the message and target audience for the services I sell much more clearly. Thanks a lot for Sean D'Souza!
Vaibhav Vds
Oct 03, 2016 Vaibhav Vds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for small entrepreneurs in particular. There are lot of useful templates that you can directly apply to your business. I used the testimonial template provide in the book to my own business use and I was amazed at the response that I have been getting so far. Highly recommended for small entrepreneurs.
Jake McCrary
This is a very focused book that isn't filled with much fluff. It is focused on helping you audit your message to potential clients or customers in order to better sell your service or product.

The author describes seven steps towards focusing your message to better help a potential customer decide to buy your product. Each chapter focuses on a single step. They include examples of two different types of businesses to help solidify the concepts.

Reading this book and thinking about the companies t
J.R. Sedivy
Aug 30, 2016 J.R. Sedivy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Practical Marketing Advice

The Brain Audit is a worthwhile read for those interested in business, marketing, and consumer psychology. This book feels like a light read, but there is plenty of depth here. Beyond theoretical marketing advice, the author provides detailed examples on how to practically implement the advice within your own business. One of the truly unique aspects of this book is the level of support provided by the author - should you have any questions and sign up for his e-mail l
Pēteris
Nov 24, 2015 Pēteris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-reread
Life changing book (about sales).

Have you ever seen one of those long sales pages that seem to go on and on forever and wondered who reads them? Well, people do and I've read some of them when it's something I'm interested in.

Or perhaps you've seen these long sales pages and tried to mimic them but unsuccessfully?

This book goes into detail what goes inside customer heads when they are making a purchase. Incredible insights. May seem obvious now but that was not the case before I read book. This
Ashwin
May 03, 2016 Ashwin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
I must give this book 5 stars. Here are the reasons.

1. I don't remember the last time, when I finished reading a book in one stretch
2. It is written in such simple and friendly tone, that I found it very hard to stop reading
3. I don't read a lot of marketing books but this one - just stands out
4. It is a perfect mixture of gyaan and practical advice, to sell anything online

If you have to read one book on Internet Marketing, then this is it.

Also visit the website of Sean D'Souza - www.psychotacti
Ovi from nugget
May 23, 2016 Ovi from nugget rated it it was amazing
Sean D’Souza on why customers buy (and why they don’t)

Even one problem, when properly dealt with, will attract a swarm of customers.

In The Brain Audit, Sean D’Souza delves into the mind of the customer to bring us a whole new overview of the sale and why it sometimes falls through. It’s packed with information on how to attract customers and what they’re looking for in your product, shop, website, or ad....more
Sanjay Bodani
Mar 27, 2016 Sanjay Bodani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I had a great time to read this book. I enjoyed the way Sean has written this book - so simple, but so profound. As a marketing professional this book helped me to design effective newsletters that are very structured and result oriented. I used the 5 questions mentioned in the book on 'how to get great testimonials'. Instead of asking my client to write an testimonial for my product I requested him for a telephonic testimonial, because of which I got great insights about my product and how ...more
Mickey
May 09, 2016 Mickey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind. Blown.

I was freaked out about the cost of their workshops and training packages. It seemed audacious. Also the claims of three month long vacations per year seemed like one of those sleaze ball teases to make a sale. And yet, by the end of the first chapter, I was convinced this book taps into fundamental truths and explains them in obvious ways.

Now I'm going to read it again.
Isaak Brown
Jul 28, 2016 Isaak Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the clearest, most useful books on marketing I've ever read. And I've read more than enough.
Matt
Oct 31, 2015 Matt rated it it was amazing
Great, easy to read guide with tips that can instantly be applied to business. Really easy to understand and use.
CJInfantino
CJInfantino rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
D
D rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Adam Ribaudo
Adam Ribaudo rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Lat
Lat rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Benedict
Benedict rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Lukasz Czyzykowski
Lukasz Czyzykowski rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Aaro Blake
Aaro Blake rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Ankesh Kothari
Ankesh Kothari rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Marc Jenkins
Marc Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Andrew Carlone
Andrew Carlone rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Philipp Steinweber
Philipp Steinweber rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Bashar
Bashar rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
Miki
Miki rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Alberto Cabas
Alberto Cabas rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Ali Elijla
Ali Elijla rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Matej
Matej rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Marius
Marius rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Kurt G Elster
Kurt G Elster rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
  • Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.
  • Power Reading: The Best, Fastest, Easiest, Most Effective Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed: The Fastest, Best, Easiest Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed!
  • How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • The Abilene Paradox and Other Meditations on Management
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
  • The Secret of Teams: What Great Teams Know and Do
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Buckminster Fuller's Universe: An Appreciation
  • The Connecting Church
  • Marketing Outrageously: How to Crank Up Your Revenue by Staggering Amounts
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less
  • The Jelly Effect: How to Make Your Communication Stick