Adventurer (Otherworld Stories, #5.1)

Adventurer (Otherworld Stories #5.1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Available free online

Adventurer is a short story about "Silent Kenneth", the shaman of the interracial councel.
Published (first published November 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Adventurer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventurer

Dawn
Anything that even addresses Clay is good in my books!
Mel
Okay, well: this was surprisingly entertaining. I couldn't remember Kenneth at all (apparently he was in Stolen) but I loved the little peek into his mind. Kenneth's matter-of-fact tone was endearing and funny, as where those Tinkerbell images in his mind.
My favorite bit:

"It is said among shamans that each is paired with his or her perfect spirit guide. A system that Kenneth suspected had broken down the day he’d come into the world. Perhaps another shaman had been born at the exact same momen...more
Jennww2ns
(In which we learn about the shaman Kenneth.)
Kaitlin Bevis
This was a fun story from Kelley Armstrongs free short story collection available on her website. The story featured a little known character from the interracial council Kenneth and chronicled his secret adventures. I found the story to be fun, and whimsical. For a true fan of the otherworld only. I doubt the content would make sense to someone who hasn't at least read "Stolen."
Michelle Tempted By Books
This Otherworld short is about Kenneth, a shaman. He helps Jeremy the Werewolf Alpha get a set of blueprints for an upcoming event. It really doesn't have much bearing on the overall story and was very short. If you like the Otherworld stories and want all the information you can get, go ahead and read it.
gremlin
As a standalone story, this was a cute quick one about a shaman who seems to enjoy frustrating his spirit guide.

I don't remember Kenneth at all though, so as a peek into the Otherworld this doesn't add anything for me.
Louisa
Story of Kenneth the shaman, of the council, and who basically wants to nap, but helps in his own way, doesn't want credit, and passes it on, before it was Ruth, now it's Jeremy, and yeah, it was a sweet short story!
Rhiannon
Mar 07, 2012 Rhiannon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the otherworld series
Shelves: otherworld, ebook
This is a short story, giving a bit of background on some of the charactors throughout the Otherworld series. It's a fun quick read. Can be found on her website http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/free-o...
Kerrie Salsac
Patricia BookExhibitionism
It's about Kenneth, a shaman. Wouldn't make any sense to someone who hasn't read Stolen and even I had to think about the whole thing to recognize him *ashamed*
Lacey Lane
Cute. I still don't remember who Kenneth was. But I liked the idea of his Shaman spirit guide, and seeing how they interacted made me chuckle.
Khristine Stain
I didn't remember reading this... It took me forever and an internet search to remember who Kenneth was :O
Lorre
Adventurer is about "Silent Kenneth", the Shaman in the interracial councel.
Lilian
A clever short story with a spin of Peter Pan...loved every minute.
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Short POV from Kenneth. Looks like he does do something after all ;)
Tishke
Silent Kenneth's story.
Lesley
Short story about Kenneth.
Cindy Reuille
Cindy Reuille marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Teresa Hon
Teresa Hon marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Danni Altman-Newell
Danni Altman-Newell marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Emily. S.
Emily. S. marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Bibu
Bibu marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • A Fantasy Medley
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • By Blood We Live
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Dates From Hell (The Hollows, #2.5)
  • The Chosen (The Legend Chronicles, #3)
  • Inhuman (World of the Lupi, #3.5)
  • Many Bloody Returns
  • Quick Bites: Fiction to Sink Your Teeth Into
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • The First Fall (Incryptid, #0.7)
  • Like A Charm
  • Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake, #16)
  • Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked a...more
More about Kelley Armstrong...
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)