Start by marking “Adventurer (Otherworld Stories, #5.1)” as Want to Read:
Adventurer (Otherworld Stories, #5.1)

Adventurer (Otherworld Stories #5.1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  579 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

Available free online

Adventurer is a short story about "Silent Kenneth", the shaman of the interracial councel.
Published (first published November 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Adventurer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventurer

chucklesthescot
Kenneth the Shaman never says much at the Council meetings but there is more to him than meets the eye. He decides that Elena and Clay need a little help with their quest to have children and he gets the chance to quietly help Jeremy with a plan to outwit the St Cloud Cabal.

I liked this! Kenneth has always interested me and this could have been really good if it had been extended into a decent length novella featuring Kenneth and the Pack.
Melissa
Apr 07, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
A very short story about silent Kenneth (the counsel's shaman) POV.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Short POV from Kenneth. Looks like he does do something after all ;)
Dawn
Aug 09, 2011 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Anything that even addresses Clay is good in my books!
Mel
Aug 31, 2012 Mel rated it really liked it
Okay, well: this was surprisingly entertaining. I couldn't remember Kenneth at all (apparently he was in Stolen) but I loved the little peek into his mind. Kenneth's matter-of-fact tone was endearing and funny, as where those Tinkerbell images in his mind.
My favorite bit:

"It is said among shamans that each is paired with his or her perfect spirit guide. A system that Kenneth suspected had broken down the day he’d come into the world. Perhaps another shaman had been born at the exact same momen
Carrie
Dec 26, 2014 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
"Silent Kenneth" is the shaman on the interracial council that doesn't get much mention. This was a really beautifully done story that reminds us that we will never know everything. Kenneth has been secretly helping out all the "stars" of the series and we never knew!
Jennavier
Okay, that was funny. Not necessarily a character I cared about, but funny.
Mimi
Jun 11, 2015 Mimi rated it liked it
Too short. Not enough substance.
Kaitlin Bevis
Jul 16, 2011 Kaitlin Bevis rated it really liked it
This was a fun story from Kelley Armstrongs free short story collection available on her website. The story featured a little known character from the interracial council Kenneth and chronicled his secret adventures. I found the story to be fun, and whimsical. For a true fan of the otherworld only. I doubt the content would make sense to someone who hasn't at least read "Stolen."
Michelle Tempted By Books
This Otherworld short is about Kenneth, a shaman. He helps Jeremy the Werewolf Alpha get a set of blueprints for an upcoming event. It really doesn't have much bearing on the overall story and was very short. If you like the Otherworld stories and want all the information you can get, go ahead and read it.
gremlin
Sep 03, 2012 gremlin rated it liked it
As a standalone story, this was a cute quick one about a shaman who seems to enjoy frustrating his spirit guide.

I don't remember Kenneth at all though, so as a peek into the Otherworld this doesn't add anything for me.
Louisa
Jan 04, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Story of Kenneth the shaman, of the council, and who basically wants to nap, but helps in his own way, doesn't want credit, and passes it on, before it was Ruth, now it's Jeremy, and yeah, it was a sweet short story!
Rhiannon
Mar 07, 2012 Rhiannon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the otherworld series
Shelves: otherworld, ebook
This is a short story, giving a bit of background on some of the charactors throughout the Otherworld series. It's a fun quick read. Can be found on her website http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/free-o...
Kerrie Salsac
Nov 19, 2013 Kerrie Salsac rated it really liked it
Elizabeth
Jun 16, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I love anything Kelley Armstrong writes in the Otherworld series. These short stories give us more insight into character we may not know very well or revisit those we love.
Patricia
Aug 11, 2011 Patricia rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
It's about Kenneth, a shaman. Wouldn't make any sense to someone who hasn't read Stolen and even I had to think about the whole thing to recognize him *ashamed*
Lacey
Sep 28, 2013 Lacey rated it liked it
Cute. I still don't remember who Kenneth was. But I liked the idea of his Shaman spirit guide, and seeing how they interacted made me chuckle.
Khristine Stain
Apr 15, 2012 Khristine Stain rated it liked it
I didn't remember reading this... It took me forever and an internet search to remember who Kenneth was :O
Lorre
Jan 19, 2014 Lorre rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-complete
Adventurer is about "Silent Kenneth", the Shaman in the interracial councel.
Lilian
Dec 19, 2012 Lilian rated it it was amazing
A clever short story with a spin of Peter Pan...loved every minute.
Tishke
Jun 30, 2011 Tishke rated it really liked it
Silent Kenneth's story.
Lesley
Jun 17, 2013 Lesley rated it liked it
Short story about Kenneth.
Susan
Feb 07, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, 2013, 2014
re-read 7/3/2014
Duxcaelo
Mar 15, 2013 Duxcaelo rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars
C Lee
C Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Alexis Meisenheimer
Alexis Meisenheimer marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
FktFul
FktFul rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Charlotte Witney
Charlotte Witney marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Abigail Stacy
Abigail Stacy marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 (Otherworld Stories, #8.1; The Chronicles of the Black Company 0.3)
  • The Bitten Word
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Modern Magic: Tales of Fantasy and Horror
  • Many Bloody Returns
  • Call to the Hunt
  • Dates From Hell (The Hollows, #2.5; Otherworld Stories, #5.2)
  • Grander Than the Sea (Marla Mason, #1.5)
  • The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale (Stormy Gale, #1)
  • Soulmates
  • Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories #5)