Bargain (Otherworld Stories, #5.3)

Bargain (Otherworld Stories #5.3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Xavier gets the “From Hell” letter theft job.

Available free online
Published (first published December 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bargain

Shardallinee
description

Bargain is a prequel to Broken (Women of the Otherworld series), and it is a very short tale about how Xavier got the job for Elena - stealing Jack the Ripper's From Hell letter in exchange of giving her a serial killer werewolf.

Something this simple, what could go wrong?

Yes, what indeed, Xavier? ;) He seems it a perfect bargain, a starting point of a working relationship between him and Elena. Easy? It turned out as anything but.

description
Lorre
About Xavier, the half demon who worked for the compound people in Stolen.

It's a very short story about Xavier and the story has no real ending so I guess I will read more of Xavier and his bargain in later in a full novel.
IbNancy
just downloaded it for free from her site ~to read yet
Just found it's included in "The Tales of the Otherworld" book now, so I have read it!
OK but that was 2 years ago, definitely going to read these again.
Highly recommend Tales of the Otherworld and Men of the Otherworld for all the short stories and background of all the characters in the series of books.
gremlin
I'm sure this is probably good background info if I had read it anywhere near when I read Broken. I only very vaguely remember that one though, and as a virtual standalone it isn't a very interesting story.
Michelle Tempted By Books
A short story where Xavier plots to get Elena's help in collecting the "From Hell" letter. This is just a back story, it really has no barring in the entire story and will not give insight to anyone who is unfamiliar with the Otherworld.
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
First time Xavier's shown up since Stolen. I'd forgotten about him (the teleporting half demon if you forgot about him too).

Short POV that walks you through Xavier's conniving to get Elena's help in Broken. MEH.
Lacey Lane
A little more background on the From Hell letter and Xavier. Somewhat confusing in that I'm not sure what Xavier's motivations are for befriending Elena and getting her on his side. Seems a little open ended on that matter.
Rhiannon
Mar 07, 2012 Rhiannon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the otherworld series
Shelves: otherworld, ebook
This is a short story, giving a bit of background on some of the charactors throughout the Otherworld series. It's a fun quick read. Can be found on her website http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/free-o...
Louisa
Set before book 6, and how Xavier wanted to build up a working relationship with Elena, and yeah, he actually has a family, 3 older siblings, and yeah, he thought that was it was going to be good. Loved it!
Mel
Short story, a prequel to Broken, about how Xavier got the job for Elena. Too short to give it a higher ranking, but I loved the humor, especially the bit about Xavier's scar.
Kerrie Salsac
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I can't give a story by Kelley Armstrong less than 3 stars, esp since this one is a shortie. I like Xavier, but it's just too short to really rate it. :)
Riana Elizabeth
doesn't work well as a stand alone. Even if you've read the complete series, this is just more of a set-up scene.
Lilian
I am sure the story is good, but the short lack something....I wish it had more detail.
Lesley
Short story about Xavier and the letter from hell.
Mary Jane
Mary Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Jazz Noble
Jazz Noble is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
Jessica Miller
Jessica Miller marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Veronica M. Foster
Veronica M. Foster marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Mikki Scott
Mikki Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Zulma
Zulma marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Dani Sigman
Dani Sigman marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • A Fantasy Medley
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • Red Velvet and Absinthe
  • By Blood We Live
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Dates From Hell (The Hollows, #2.5)
  • The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror, 2010 Edition
  • A Very Vampire Christmas (Sookie Stackhouse, #10.1)
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary
  • Quick Bites: Fiction to Sink Your Teeth Into
  • Resonance (Holloway Pack, #2.5)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Tan­gled Dreams (Elemental Assassin #3.5)
  • The Demonica Compendium

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked a...more
More about Kelley Armstrong...
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)