Start by marking “Mameshiba: On the Loose!” as Want to Read:
Mameshiba: On the Loose!

Mameshiba: On the Loose! (Mameshiba)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
They're cute, they're curious, they're bean dogs.

Reads L to R (Western Style). It's a BEAN! It's a DOG! It's...BOTH?!

Meet Mameshiba, the cute little bean dogs with bite! Starring in their first ever adventures, they rescue friends, explore outer space, and offer interesting bits of trivia when you least expect it. Hold on tight--Mameshiba are on the loose!

And don't miss th
Published July 5th 2011 by Perfect Square

To ask other readers questions about Mameshiba, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mameshiba

Charles
Stuff I Read - Mameshiba: On the Loose! Review

This is incredibly cute. I just have to say that. I think I was shown Mameshiba first via the ads on YouTube, and from then on I was rather hooked. That they made the jump to the US is something for a shock to me, but I guess they are crazy and dog-beans, so there is that. Demand can sometimes be a strange thing. But here is the first story collection featuring those hilarious beans. There is another thing that I have called Meet Mameshiba, but it's
Shannon Mawhiney
Jun 02, 2012 Shannon Mawhiney rated it liked it
This is the second book I've read of the adorable, funny, little Mameshiba, the first being Meet Mameshiba! The diminutive bean dogs are this time on a few adventures, and while both they and the stories are very cute, they just aren't as funny in comic form as they are in the original Japanese commercials. Part of the problem may be that I've never been that in to comics, but I think the stories here could have been more bizarre and random, like the commercials, and I would've been much more en ...more
Amy Lutchen
Jun 07, 2015 Amy Lutchen rated it it was amazing
Bean dogs. How can one go wrong with bean dogs?

I have Free Comic Book Day to thank for this beauty :)
Angie
Dec 16, 2015 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Cute buuuut... I believe the Mameshiba are best left as adorable Japanese short cartoons rather than a comic book. The art was cute, but the stories just kind of dragged on. Yes, I am much older than the intended audience, but I'm sure a kid would be just as confused and may also grow bored. It read like a translated comic (kinda confusing because of culture barriers in humor and puns), but they must have purposely wrote it like that because it was created by Americans! Sorry James Turner, leave ...more
Nick
Sep 26, 2011 Nick rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed. I saw the cute artwork for this book at Anime Expo, but the writing is pretty weak. The much-touted trivia includes major errors...such as saying that the first moon landings [1969] happened "over fifty years ago". Since the author belittles the only mameshiba who has two brain cells to rub together, this isn't all that surprising, but it's disappointing.
The little "bean-dogs" have a cuteness factor going for them, and kids may like that.
From mutant sewer chickens to
Benjamin Long
Feb 06, 2013 Benjamin Long rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this graphic novel. It had nice pacing, and almost felt like watching a cartoon. I loved all the little shorts it had in between every 20 pages or so. The humor was great and a little witty at times also. I also enjoyed the way some of the characters would just randomly tell little educational tidbits of information whether it was about waterfalls or the moon or things that had to do with what they were doing at that moment in time. It was a really great read and I enjoyed every ...more
Sean Thomas
Aug 19, 2011 Sean Thomas rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic_novels
So, the only reason I picked this up was because the bean dog thingys looked cute, and because when I was young I drew comics about "little people" (who were just colored circles) and their adventures. In one adventure I wrote they got lost in a drain pipe and had to wander around a city, which is sort of similar to this story. As as adult, I didn't really care for this book's chaotic story but the bean dogs are cute.
Christiane
Jul 27, 2011 Christiane rated it liked it
Almost too cute!! Little jelly bean like creatures have adventures when one goes down the kitchen sink and the others have to rescue it. I was totally prepared to not like this (too cute!) but it won me over with lines like "Numbers are just letters for nerds!" and characters like the Mutant Sewer Chicken! (Yes, there are lots of exclamation points in this book!)
Vivian Ta
Apr 11, 2013 Vivian Ta rated it really liked it
Shelves: have
I love these cute beans dogs. They are so unique in their own way. I totally recommend this book if you like comic and think these guys are awesome. I got this book at Borders. I forgot when I finished this book. Somewhere in 2012 or 2011.
Marco Mérida
Mar 24, 2013 Marco Mérida rated it it was amazing
Jajaja dos aventuras extraordinarias, divertidas y repletas de datos curiosos, valió cada centavo y aunque algo corto, cada página y viñeta son geniales.
S.e.
Aug 11, 2011 S.e. rated it it was amazing
Yup. Have fallen in love with these little bean dogs. This is one of the cutest kids graphic novels I've read in a long time. Completely charming.
Dolores
Sep 05, 2013 Dolores rated it really liked it
So cute! This graphic novel, populated by beans and peas of various types, will be a hit with both boys and girls.
Becky
Oct 13, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it
So cuuuuuuute! I wish these were around when I was a kid... T-T
Genevieve
Sep 17, 2011 Genevieve rated it liked it
3.5. Not all I'd hoped, but still suuuuper cute. 2nd-3rd.
Cristen
Apr 10, 2013 Cristen rated it liked it
Shelves: children, graphic
Pretty cute little graphic novel, very quick read.
Snow
Feb 08, 2011 Snow rated it liked it
reviewing for Booklist
Kate Mowery
Jun 27, 2012 Kate Mowery rated it liked it
I would buy a Mameshiba toy.
Naomi
Sep 25, 2011 Naomi rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Naomi by: Sonia
Shelves: manga, own, comic
adorable!!!
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2016
Khristy
Khristy rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Gabby
Gabby rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
David Carlos
David Carlos marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Mameshiba King
Mameshiba King marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Vincent
Vincent is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Alpaca Arwen
Alpaca Arwen rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Nicole Lawton
Nicole Lawton marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015