Start by marking “Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)

Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  33,055 Ratings  ·  2,048 Reviews
Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life: Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three pr
Audio CD
Published June 21st 2011 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Criminals, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Epicallyagirl
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Anne
This was my very first audio book!
I'd never found a reason to listen to a book (rather than read it), because it just takes so much longer to finish. Also, I noticed that most people who love audio books tend to have a commute, and I'm never in a car (without kids) long enough to listen to anything.
So, no reason for audio books.
But.
I started exercising...because flab happens.
And for a while, it was fun with Richard.

description

Eventually, however, I moved on to an aerobic walking video. Because I'm cool li
Sophia
Jun 22, 2011 Sophia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like spy and mystery novels with a teenage twist
I haven't read the book yet, obviously, but I know that this is going to be a good one. All of Ally Carter's YA books ave been a success and I'm sure this will be too. The only thing I will be disappointed with if she doesn't have is some kissing with Hale and Kat, I mean, it's soooooo obvious that they like each other...

*EDIT* The cover is gorgeous!!!

*EDIT* Reading the synopsis just makes me more excited, and I'm about to die of anticipation!!!
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
If there was ever a Young Adult book written almost exclusively for actual young adults, it’s Uncommon Criminals. In fact, with its light tone, overly simplified plot, short chapters, third person narrative and extremely subtle romance, it is at times more appropriate for younger young adults or even middle grade readers and should be judged/rated as such.

After successfully stealing (back) four paintings from the seemingly impenetrable Henley museum and returning them to their rightful owners,
Nic
For a bit of W.W. Hale eye candy go to http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

Rating: 4.5

Favourite Quote: Luck is a strange thing in the life of any thief and halfway decent con man. What is it that keeps the mark from counting the till or the guards from looking up at precisely the wrong moment? Kat had learned at a very young age that luck is for the amateur, the lazy---those who are unprepared and unskilled. And yet she also knew that luck, like most things, cannot be truly missed until it i
Daiane (Away for a month :/)
“Love is the biggest con of all”

This sequel is really better. I could totally picture the world and loved Carte's way of making the characters look like good badass people. They are thieves who have no unbelievable tech, guns or really dangerous people behind them and still made the book enjoyable. I liked how they were conning and robbing in a classic and elegant way and still were the good guy. And how sly they were.

The writing was really easy and pleasant but the romance...

“Kat felt her hear
Nonie
Sep 16, 2011 Nonie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was no way I couldn't like this book even if I tried. Ally Carter wrote in everything I look for in a good heist story: the loyal crew for the hero (or in this case, heroine), plot twists at every turn, crazy mysterious villains, and of course, the seemingly impossible heist that the crew needs to pull off by the end of the story.

I would say that Uncommon Criminals is the blockbuster, popcorn novel for YA for this summer as Super 8 is this summer's blockbuster movie for Hollywood- sort of
C.B. Cook
HOLY COW. I didn't know it was possible for me to like a book more than Heist Society... and then BAM. Book #2... was crazy good. Those were some awesome plot twists, and to be honest, I think this was even better than the first book... if that's possible. I'm going to start making a list of the names Kat guesses for Hale's first name... Basically, LOVED IT!!!!

Update: After reading this and the first book, I now have an official list of the names Kat has guessed for Hale, along with whether he d
Melannie :)
Ahhhh. Where do I begin?
I remember reading Heist Society a loooong time ago, I remember listening to the audiobook of it quite a few times,
I remember loving this series. I just didn't rememmber HOW MUCH.

I loved this book! I was so surprised and pleased to discovered it is as good as the first one, plus more adventures,
more truths, even more lies, and oh so many incredibly kick-butt action!

The characters! Gosh the characters! I didn't recall them being this awesome!
they were all SO CLEVER, SO SM
Seesen9
Can’t believe it’s over. I still don’t really get what actually happened but I can’t stop grinning. Who could have seen it coming? It was just so bloody complicated, twins, fake stones, cons, plans for this and that... yet so simple! I wanna be a thief! Very, very much. I’m still not sure about the rating (shocking, I know) but I just adore Kat and W.W. Hale the 5th together (and not so much together) it totally made me blush. Also I will mistaken Paraguay for Uruguay for the rest of my life, th ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Not as good as the first one, but that was still an enjoyable read.
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Hmmmm. I didn't love this one as much as I loved Heist Society. Maybe because there wasn't much plot in my opinion? Until the crew arrives in Monte Carlo there are a few key scenes but most of the time is spent on Kat thinking she has it all cover all by herself and totally secluding her crew + not listening to anyone when they try to give her advice. Of course, she learns and grows throughout the novel, but I really struggled with being 100% supportive of Kat during the whole book.

My favorite
Rachel Lightwood

I wish I had more to say about this book. This is my third Ally Carter book (I've read Heist Society and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You) and so far I've found all her books kind of meh. But with the promise of teen art thieves, heists, cons, action, espionage, cursed jewels, ancient Egypt and Hale, I couldn't resist trying again.

But I almost wish I hadn't bother.

This book was just dull. None of the characters developed in the slightest since we last met them, a
Erin
I honestly thought that I would like this better than Heist Society, but the ending failed so miserably that I am left feeling nothing but disappointment. The ingredients for a fun, intelligent read were there, but they were wasted. Overall, the story was distractingly unrealistic, the characters were bland, and the ending was poorly put together.

First, let's talk about the novel as a whole. I am echoing myself from my review of the first book, but really? I'm supposed to believe these kids are
Kirsty-Marie Jones
More 4.5, but that was sly and HALE.
Kiana
Jun 19, 2011 Kiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!
Shelves: favorites
I am soooo excited for this book to come out!! I have an obsession with the first book(I've read it 9 times) and all of Ally Carter's other books(love the Gallagher Girls Series) which is why I know I will love this one too.Hey, it is already in my favorites shelf! This has been said alot but, the cover does look gorgeous!! I read the first chapters of it and instantaneously fell in love with it. The plot is really creative and I can't wait to read all about it. Kat gets a new client and new job ...more
Maiven Lee
Feb 15, 2011 Maiven Lee marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Maiven by: MEE!!
I know its going to be ahmazing! can't wait!! i am seriously getting upset though because i know i will have to wait so long for this book to come out, then i will read in like one day, then i will have to wait forever for the next!! lol oh well
Hanna
Feb 28, 2016 Hanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
actually i'd give it 4 stars but i just love these characters so damn much i gotta go with the 5 stars
Ashley
Oct 28, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Rating: 2.5/5
***Minor spoilers***

Since the Henley heist, Kat Bishop has been making recovery missions around the world, returning stolen art to their rightful owners by stealing them herself. While doing this, she hasn't really communicated with the rest of her family or Hale and they've been feeling left out and they're worried for her. One day a woman contacts Kat and says she was contacted by Vicily Romani to have Kat recover the Cleopatra emerald, and that the woman's parents were the ones w
Brianna
Pre-reading: Hm, I think I like the Heist cover better, this one seems a little less intense. But it's still nice, love that the model kept her smirk :)

After reading: I really loved this book. I liked the first Heist a lot, but I feel like Ally Carter has improved her writing so much since the last Heist. All the characters in Uncommon Criminals are really wonderful and extremely well fleshed out. I also think Ally Carter's third person prose has gotten a lot better.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Lots of plots going on!
Worst Part: a bit slow for awhile
Thoughts Had: bored; oh yah!; didn't see that coming!!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: I don't want to spoil what happens, but i'm kinda glad it wen the way i
Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)
I thought it would be very hard for Ally Carter to bring this second book to the level of the first and try to make it even better, but she totally pulled it off, and with grace at that.

She kept and increased the Heist Society tension and brilliance, while developping a whole new level of relationship issues. And all that was wrapped in great humour and sarcasm, as well as depth of story.

I'm loving Kat and all her comrades - they are one sassy, messy, classy group of misfits and goofballs who ma
Angelc
Jun 29, 2011 Angelc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

If you like movies like "Oceans Eleven", you are going to love this book! The teens in the book are smart, strong, and are able to pull off major heists, (almost) all on their own.

This was such a fun book. The action never stopped, and it was smart action, too. The teens always found clever loopholes and tricks to get their way.

The book does walk a fine line, almost glorifying stealing. But I think the author makes it clear that they are stealing what was already stolen and returning it
Kate (VerbVixen)
Uncommon Criminals- Ally Carter

If I ever turn to a life of crime you can blame Ally Carter. Heist Society stole my heart, but Uncommon Criminals secured it with the thrill of the chase. The plot may be the greatest heist plot ever conceived if only for the brilliance of its simple resolution. It’s worth the read just to get to that last sentence. Now THAT is what we call a denouement people!

Kat is still running, deciding who she is and how she can use her talents for good. Vying for her affectio
Sarah Snyder
Jun 14, 2011 Sarah Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter is exactly what we always hope sequels will be - even better than the original. While I enjoyed the series opener, Heist Society, I feel like Carter really stepped up her game with this followup effort.

The biggest change is that Carter spends a lot more time investigating and fleshing out the characters in Uncommon Criminals. Kat and Hale in particular are both marvelously fleshed out - we get a better handle on who they are and what their motivations and feelin
Rachel
Aug 07, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I already rated this book. I already wrote my opinion. I thought it couldn't have been any better. But I know it could.

Uncommon Criminals was great. I was ecstatic about the opening day. I had it marked on my mental calendar ever since I heard about it. But it didn't have the same punch Heist Society had. Maybe it was the fact that Heist Society was first, and therefore, it will always have that special place in my heart; or maybe it was the curse. whatever it was, Ally Carter definitely had ide
Nitzan Schwarz

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY BLOG; AFTERWORDS

So, if you read my review ofHeist Society,you probably didn't expect me to pick up book two. I didn't think I'd do that, either. But then, while looking through my local bookstore,I found a hardcover copy ofUncommon Criminalsand I just... thought it was so damnedpretty.#Shallow

I was hoping Uncommon Criminals might actually live to the potential of the awesome idea behind these books, but while it was a better read than the first, it was by no mean an
Whatchyareading
It took me a long time to buy Ally Carter’s Heist Society because when I walked by it in the bookstore I just saw the big sunglasses and the word society and thought, no, I have too much Gossip Girl in my life as it is. And then I finally looked closer and I freaking loved that book like few others I read last year. When I found out Uncommon Criminals was coming? I did a happy dance of happy happiness. That happy dance was repeated when, in the throes of misery about not finding Demon’s Surrende ...more
Grace Boster
Jun 21, 2016 Grace Boster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yup! This book was super amazing just like the last one! I'm starting the last one right now.....AHHHH
Janette
This was a fun book. I just wish I had read the first book in the series before I read this one. (Hey, I get what I can on audiobook, because that's the only way I have time to read.) I thought the climax had a very clever twist and I liked the way Ally Carter made her main character grow during the course of the book--it wasn't just a girl adventure story.

I want to read all of her books.
Aly
**3.5 stars**
This book was a quick read like the first book. I did enjoy this book, but parts of it were really confusing. I'm going to read the third in the series to find out what other missions the crew accomplishes.
2016 Reading Chal...: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter 1 9 Mar 03, 2016 09:03PM
Bookreads :): Uncommon Criminals 1 1 Jan 10, 2016 12:08PM
Kat and Hale living together? 8 118 Jan 18, 2015 12:55AM
is there a third book? 10 79 Jul 31, 2013 11:58AM
~Young Adult Enth...: Book 2: Uncommon Criminals 1 6 Jul 30, 2013 11:13PM
where is the emerald now? 3 34 Mar 18, 2013 05:17PM
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel (The Agency, #3)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)
  • The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1)
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Prep School Confidential, #2)
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick (Perry & Gobi, #1)
  • Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
  • The Daughters Join the Party (The Daughters, #4)
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

“I for one like chaos. Chaos looks good on me.” 345 likes
“Every decent con man knows that the simplest truth is more powerful than even the most elaborate lie.” 239 likes