Start by marking “Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities” as Want to Read:
Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  466 ratings  ·  64 reviews
This remarkable business allegory tells a fascinating story in presenting the key principles of Napoleon Hill's revolutionary bestseller Think and Grow Rich. While you follow a struggling young entrepreneur through a life-changing series of encounters with some of today's foremost business leaders and inspirational figures, you?ll find encouragement and motivation to belie ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Three Feet From Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Feet From Gold

J
This ought to be 1 1/2 stars
Sharon Lechter and Greg Reid put together this allegory injecting it with advice for success. After interviewing a variety of high achievers, they created a story about a struggling, marketing wannabe. The young man's initial motivations and offensive actions metamorphose into a way of thinking, based in morality and shored up with exhortations from the elites that bring about significant changes in his life.

"Three Feet from Gold," is a feel-good remake of the book, "
Neil Geisel
This is a collection of inspirational success stories and some biographies of some great successful entrepreneurs and leaders of the recent generation. Some great nuggets and back story dedicated to Napoleon Hill. The story is good and was enjoyable to read. I believe overall that there is a lot of great success information revealed here, but there is so much potentially thought provoking and life changing material left out.
As I read the book, it was encouraging and excitement grew, and I was w
Adrya
I absolutely loved the structure. Mr. Reid used his story to frame the other success stories, almost like "The Canterbury Tales". It was definitely readable and easy to take notes on, as every worthy note was a quote from the people he was interviewing. I could also feel a personal connection to each of the people he interviewed because of the writing style. Thank goodness for Sharon Lechter!

I wish he gave a little more information about the Napoleon Hill Foundation and how he actually wasn't fu
Nirmal
Incredibly inspiring book with powerful lesson of persistence.
Lesson learned - Never give up, finish what you've started. It's always darkest before the dawn. You are just three feet away from gold.
Jesse Stoddard
For me, the best part of this book was the Success Formula, which includes the variables of Passion, Talent, Association, Action, and Faith in a quasi-mathematical formula and real life examples to inspire the application.

I normally don't like books about the writing of the same book I am reading book, in the same way I often don't like plays about plays or movies about the making of the movie itself as if shining a spotlight on the glory and self-aggrandizement of the process and creators. I al
Jonny99
Quasi-spiritual self-help. Three distinct theories of this book exist. First, it may be one of those semi-religious straightforward self-help books where you are the limitless god who can do everything if you just believe you can. Many of the saints of the personal empowerment movement appear most repeatedly Napoleon Hill but also mainstays such as Debbie Fields apparently splits her time between selling cookies and as showing up in inspirational books as the token woman entrepreneur. All of the ...more
Aaron Kaufman
Where do you find inspiration? Inspiration can be found in all shapes and sizes. Some find it in stories or tales and some find it in their everyday life. Beyond Basketball by Mike Krzyzewski is a kind of compilation of essays that explore how inspiration and success are found in your life. Coach K’s players wrote short essays on how they believed he inspired their lives.

...

Coach K wants every bit of determination out of each and every player but in some of the girls essays they described how h
David Glad
Decent book for anyone looking to expand their Napoleon Hill collection. Each chapter even begins with one of his quotes, while being woven into a story.

Got hold of the audiobook some time back and began listening without paying attention to who the authors were, which made me think Greg was a fictional character with some real-life inspirational basis, even if I would think some aspects of the story were indeed worked in as they were. As the character "Greg" in the book begins as a real textboo
John
This type of book is usually not the type I spend my time on, but for various reasons, I agreed to read it to try and gain something from it. First and foremost, this brief review will probably make me look like a cynic. In all truthfulness, I am an idealist, and I think that this book contains important points throughout the text that most people inherently know, so, if anything, Lechter and Reid have aggregated these points into a book that might serve as a brief reminder to pick ourselves up, ...more
Scarlett
This book uses a narrative story that illustrates the principles of the Napoleon Hill teachings. I enjoyed the personal story and found the book to be a quick, entertaining, informative, and inspiring read. It's now in my hubby's book queue! Highly recommended.
Elizabeth Meadows
I probably would have liked this better if I had been in the mood to listen to it. My husband had it checked out from the library and recommended it, so I went ahead and listened to it while we had it. It does have some interesting and inspirational moments about various successful people.
Jeremy
Awesome book. The author uses the principles from "Think & Grow Rich" and explains them by using the stories from successful people from today's world. He does this through a captivating fable-like story. Never wanted to do it the book down, it's that good.
Tim
A lot of great words of wisdom, but writing is a bit hokey and juvenile. Overall I did like the book, but it was a bit of a chore to finish because of the writing style.
Gracelee
It's useful in a very general sort of way. Good to use as inspiration. But nothing very concrete. Comes across as very artificial and deliberate in the delivery.
Sheri Dickson
Enjoyed very much-easy read and great information and tools to apply to any business. Now want to go back and read "Think and Grow Rich" again.
Sreedhar Talamudipi
Absolutely brilliant book. Never stop three feet from Gold! This book shows our negativities to us with an unparalleled view into our inner self.
Aliraza Qureshi
Loved it, "The man who actually knows just what he wants in life has already gone a long way toward attaining it" beautifully put together
Robert Michael
Couldn't put this book down, all about whatever you do in life.......NEVER QUIT for what you really want.
Eliana
This is one of those self-help books, and I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the way it was written and for the most part, I really liked the story that went along with the advice. Now, in the beginning this book did not appeal to me that much, but after a while I really started to get into the flow of this book. Therefore, I suggest that if you pick it up, give it a chance to develop and to start to have its effect on you. Thus, I would really recommend that you try and pick this book up and ...more
Tom
Very simplistic revision of Think and Grow Rich principles with a far fetched story.
Daniel Judge
A great book on finding your passion, your 'why', and having the moxie not to give up regardless of the challenges that might show up.

Favorite quotes:

1. "You're the same today as you will be in 5 years except for 2 things: The people you meet and the books you read."

2. "The most common cause of failure is quitting."

3. "Your first five minutes dictate your day."

4. "Sometimes the worst situations turn out to be the best opportunities."
Ayodele
i recall enjoying this one so much...i will likely re-read it
Brendan Hall
Motivational book with a powerful lesson of persistence.
Kristy Winfield-franks
Decently inspiring and an ok plot to keep it going.
John
3.5
It echoes much of the napoleon hill philosophy. the dramatization isn't the message, it's the way the message is presented. if you familiarize yourself with the principles in the napoleon hill library, your eyes will be opened to many avenues of personal success and happiness...
Richard Stephenson
I really liked it!

I think the Think and Grow Rich principles work quite well in anecdotal fashion. I enjoyed the story, the advice was sound (for the most part), and the really left the whole "universal intelligence" part out that was a thorn in my side from Hill's T&GR. Good package, well presented, and a fun listen. And you know, everyone remembers stories - here's a good one to remember.

If you've ever read a "One Minute Manager" type book and liked the presentation / style, then you'll en
Jerry Smith
Books that deliver a message in the form of a fable are always easy to read and so it is with this book. Clearly it is the tale of the author - quite how true it is and how much is author's licence is unclear and, I guess, ultimately irrelevent.

Lots of lessons about stickability, finding your passion and pursuing it doggedly despite nay-sayers and set backs. Based on the works of Napolean Hill, especially think and grow rich. Essentially the message is always worth repeating and never grows old.
Angela
There was some good stuff in the book but the writing was annoying to me. I think that it would have been better to leave out all the crusade story and just say it. Maybe that wouldn't work well for a book but it all seemed too, too cheezy or something. The whole idea is to go with your passion and then you will be some ultra-superstar successful billionaire. I just can't believe that everybody's passion is equal to billionaire success.`Maybe that is pessimistic but really...
Derek
I always appreciate the story with principles, and this book does the trick just fine. It's not phenomenal, but it is true--at least it appears to be the personal narrative of Greg and Sharon. Yes, the book is biased to Napolean Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" but all that does is show their passion for their belief in what they do! Enjoyable read, almost a 5-star if the end weren't so predictable, haha (though the surprise guest in New Zealand did get me :).
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, the Traveler's Gift
  • Mentor: The Kid & the CEO: A Simple Story of Overcoming Challenges and Achieving Significance
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want
  • The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • Twelve Pillars
Wife and mother of three, CPA, consultant to the toy and publishing industries and business owner, Sharon Lechter has dedicated her professional efforts to the field of education.

She graduated with honors from Florida State University with a degree in accounting. She joined the ranks of what was then one of the big eight accounting firms, and went on to become the CFO of a turnaround company in th
More about Sharon L. Lechter...
Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business Save Wisely, Spend Happily: Real Stories about Money and How to Thrive from Trusted Advisors Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever! Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons

“You're the same today as you will be in five years except for 2 things : The people you meet n the books you read.” 4 likes