Three Feet from Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

Three Feet from Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  43 reviews
This remarkable business allegory tells a fascinating story in presenting the key principles of Napoleon Hill's revolutionary bestseller Think and Grow Rich. While you follow a struggling young entrepreneur through a life-changing series of encounters with some of today's foremost business leaders and inspirational figures, you?ll find encouragement and motivation to belie...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2009)

J
This ought to be 1 1/2 stars
Sharon Lechter and Greg Reid put together this allegory injecting it with advice for success. After interviewing a variety of high achievers, they created a story about a struggling, marketing wannabe. The young man's initial motivations and offensive actions metamorphose into a way of thinking, based in morality and shored up with exhortations from the elites that bring about significant changes in his life.

"Three Feet from Gold," is a feel-good remake of the book, "...more
Adrya
I absolutely loved the structure. Mr. Reid used his story to frame the other success stories, almost like "The Canterbury Tales". It was definitely readable and easy to take notes on, as every worthy note was a quote from the people he was interviewing. I could also feel a personal connection to each of the people he interviewed because of the writing style. Thank goodness for Sharon Lechter!

I wish he gave a little more information about the Napoleon Hill Foundation and how he actually wasn't fu...more
Jesse Stoddard
For me, the best part of this book was the Success Formula, which includes the variables of Passion, Talent, Association, Action, and Faith in a quasi-mathematical formula and real life examples to inspire the application.

I normally don't like books about the writing of the same book I am reading book, in the same way I often don't like plays about plays or movies about the making of the movie itself as if shining a spotlight on the glory and self-aggrandizement of the process and creators. I al...more
Jonny99
Quasi-spiritual self-help. Three distinct theories of this book exist. First, it may be one of those semi-religious straightforward self-help books where you are the limitless god who can do everything if you just believe you can. Many of the saints of the personal empowerment movement appear most repeatedly Napoleon Hill but also mainstays such as Debbie Fields apparently splits her time between selling cookies and as showing up in inspirational books as the token woman entrepreneur. All of the...more
Aaron Kaufman
Where do you find inspiration? Inspiration can be found in all shapes and sizes. Some find it in stories or tales and some find it in their everyday life. Beyond Basketball by Mike Krzyzewski is a kind of compilation of essays that explore how inspiration and success are found in your life. Coach K’s players wrote short essays on how they believed he inspired their lives.

...

Coach K wants every bit of determination out of each and every player but in some of the girls essays they described how h...more
David Glad
Decent book for anyone looking to expand their Napoleon Hill collection. Each chapter even begins with one of his quotes, while being woven into a story.

Got hold of the audiobook some time back and began listening without paying attention to who the authors were, which made me think Greg was a fictional character with some real-life inspirational basis, even if I would think some aspects of the story were indeed worked in as they were. As the character "Greg" in the book begins as a real textboo...more
John
This type of book is usually not the type I spend my time on, but for various reasons, I agreed to read it to try and gain something from it. First and foremost, this brief review will probably make me look like a cynic. In all truthfulness, I am an idealist, and I think that this book contains important points throughout the text that most people inherently know, so, if anything, Lechter and Reid have aggregated these points into a book that might serve as a brief reminder to pick ourselves up,...more
Daniel Judge
A great book on finding your passion, your 'why', and having the moxie not to give up regardless of the challenges that might show up.

Favorite quotes:

1. "You're the same today as you will be in 5 years except for 2 things: The people you meet and the books you read."

2. "The most common cause of failure is quitting."

3. "Your first five minutes dictate your day."

4. "Sometimes the worst situations turn out to be the best opportunities."
Richard Stephenson
I really liked it!

I think the Think and Grow Rich principles work quite well in anecdotal fashion. I enjoyed the story, the advice was sound (for the most part), and the really left the whole "universal intelligence" part out that was a thorn in my side from Hill's T&GR. Good package, well presented, and a fun listen. And you know, everyone remembers stories - here's a good one to remember.

If you've ever read a "One Minute Manager" type book and liked the presentation / style, then you'll en...more
Jerry Smith
Books that deliver a message in the form of a fable are always easy to read and so it is with this book. Clearly it is the tale of the author - quite how true it is and how much is author's licence is unclear and, I guess, ultimately irrelevent.

Lots of lessons about stickability, finding your passion and pursuing it doggedly despite nay-sayers and set backs. Based on the works of Napolean Hill, especially think and grow rich. Essentially the message is always worth repeating and never grows old.
Angela
There was some good stuff in the book but the writing was annoying to me. I think that it would have been better to leave out all the crusade story and just say it. Maybe that wouldn't work well for a book but it all seemed too, too cheezy or something. The whole idea is to go with your passion and then you will be some ultra-superstar successful billionaire. I just can't believe that everybody's passion is equal to billionaire success.`Maybe that is pessimistic but really...
Derek
I always appreciate the story with principles, and this book does the trick just fine. It's not phenomenal, but it is true--at least it appears to be the personal narrative of Greg and Sharon. Yes, the book is biased to Napolean Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" but all that does is show their passion for their belief in what they do! Enjoyable read, almost a 5-star if the end weren't so predictable, haha (though the surprise guest in New Zealand did get me :).
Allison
Three Feet From Gold is an inspiring book about never giving up and finding your passion in life. Using principles from Napoleon Hill's book Think and Grow Rich, the author encourages you to never give up in reaching your goals. He uses his own life story and wisdom from successful people in today's world (in business, sports, and non-profit organizations) whom he has interviewed.
I thought it was a very inspiring book full of "nuggets" of wisdom.
Marc Renson
I was in the process of finding a publisher myself while reading Three Feet From Gold. It inspired me to keep moving forward and never give up! Reading all the people who have gone on to do wonderful things because they didn't quit three feet from gold. And I won't either! A must read, very motivational and inspiring to anyone who is at a crossroads in thier life!
Hemali Tanna
I would have rather read Think and grow rich again! The book has good 'old' advice,which is always great to absorb again, but the narration lacks the power to fire you up as much as Think and grow rich does! Can't really empathize with the story of how the author got the book published in difficult circumstances like the authors would have wanted.
Bernadette Boas
I absolutely loved Greg's story and how his story weaved so beautifully into the teachings within the chapters. I wasn't three chapters in and the book was full of turned over edges, highlighted notes, and paperclips for future reference.

That for me is a great read!!
Tremayne Moore
This book was written during hard times for us as a country, just like Think & Grow Rich was written during the depression. This is a must read if you have dreams, goals - this will encourage you to never quit three feet from Gold!
Fitria
buku motivasi, yang tentu saja berisi tentang bagaimana menjalani hidup dengan lebih bahagia dan sukses. Pembedanya terletak pada cara penyampaian yang tidak terkesan kaku dan lebih ke arah novel, walau ini bukan novel.
Ron Broussard
great book to reignite that motivation and passion to succeed. Understand that your obstacles give way to your potential if you maintain that stickability, be consistent and finish strong. LOVE THIS BOOOK!
Brinn Colenda
Great information!...the writing is sort of cheezy and artificial which takes away from the message...I did get some motivation from the examples, though.

I recommend this book, especially for young people
Donna Kleinert
It has changed my mindset about my business, my potential as a person and my life in general!! Thank you Darren Kittleson for telling me about it first, then to Chris Hart for recommending it!
Bill Jimenez
It was a great read. Flowed really well and made me want to finish Think & Grow Rich, which I have never done. I'm encouraged now to read through the end. Really felt a lot from this book.
Incredibly inspiring book. This book is packed full of advice and encouragement. I recommend this book to anyone struggling with an obstacle in their personal or business life.
Alex Milburn
It contains some good ideas and things to think about. Not a great story. Fairly short read so doesn't take long to get the principles the authors are really trying to et across.
Momabry
I loved the lessons taught and the stories about never giving up. It's always a refresher to hear what successful people had to go through to obtain their success.
Sheryl
Greg has done a wonderful job of bringing real life situations and success stories together. Absolute must read!!
Ken
Really enjoyed reading this book. It's a great lesson about never giving up and goi g for what you want
Blair
Greg did a great job creating this book... his is a good friend of mine and I enjoyed his work.
fantastic follow up to Think and Grow Rich. Met the writer. Very inspirational
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • The Compound Effect
  • Twelve Pillars
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!
  • Get Off Your "But": How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself
  • Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live
  • Holy Bible (NKJV)
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
Wife and mother of three, CPA, consultant to the toy and publishing industries and business owner, Sharon Lechter has dedicated her professional efforts to the field of education.

She graduated with honors from Florida State University with a degree in accounting. She joined the ranks of what was then one of the big eight accounting firms, and went on to become the CFO of a turnaround company in th...more
More about Sharon L. Lechter...
Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Employee, Self-Employed, Business Owner, or Investor...Which Is the Best Quadrant for You? (Rich Dad's) Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich (Rich Dad)

“You're the same today as you will be in five years except for 2 things : The people you meet n the books you read.” 3 likes