Start by marking “Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities” as Want to Read:
Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities

This remarkable business allegory tells a fascinating story in presenting the key principles of Napoleon Hill's revolutionary bestseller Think and Grow Rich. While you follow a struggling young entrepreneur through a life-changing series of encounters with some of today's foremost business leaders and inspirational figures, you?ll find encouragement and motivation to belie ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published October 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Three Feet From Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Feet From Gold

J
Nov 12, 2009 J rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This ought to be 1 1/2 stars
Sharon Lechter and Greg Reid put together this allegory injecting it with advice for success. After interviewing a variety of high achievers, they created a story about a struggling, marketing wannabe. The young man's initial motivations and offensive actions metamorphose into a way of thinking, based in morality and shored up with exhortations from the elites that bring about significant changes in his life.

"Three Feet from Gold," is a feel-good remake of the book, "
Nirmal
Jan 11, 2015 Nirmal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Incredibly inspiring book with powerful lesson of persistence.
Lesson learned - Never give up, finish what you've started. It's always darkest before the dawn. You are just three feet away from gold.
Neil Geisel
This is a collection of inspirational success stories and some biographies of some great successful entrepreneurs and leaders of the recent generation. Some great nuggets and back story dedicated to Napoleon Hill. The story is good and was enjoyable to read. I believe overall that there is a lot of great success information revealed here, but there is so much potentially thought provoking and life changing material left out.
As I read the book, it was encouraging and excitement grew, and I was w
Adrya
Aug 05, 2012 Adrya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the structure. Mr. Reid used his story to frame the other success stories, almost like "The Canterbury Tales". It was definitely readable and easy to take notes on, as every worthy note was a quote from the people he was interviewing. I could also feel a personal connection to each of the people he interviewed because of the writing style. Thank goodness for Sharon Lechter!

I wish he gave a little more information about the Napoleon Hill Foundation and how he actually wasn't fu
Jeremy
Mar 16, 2015 Jeremy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. The author uses the principles from "Think & Grow Rich" and explains them by using the stories from successful people from today's world. He does this through a captivating fable-like story. Never wanted to do it the book down, it's that good.
Sheri Dickson
Feb 03, 2015 Sheri Dickson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed very much-easy read and great information and tools to apply to any business. Now want to go back and read "Think and Grow Rich" again.
Tom
Aug 26, 2014 Tom rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very simplistic revision of Think and Grow Rich principles with a far fetched story.
Carlo Zebedee
A real life anecdote of Greg Reid on how he overcomes the devastating challenges of life by applying the laws of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

Enflamed by his purpose to succeed, he interviewed majority of the successful people and getting a counsel from them with the use of a little paper as a notepad for the tidbits shared by each mentor whom basically read the work if Napoleon Hill.

In this book, he presents all the life principles that he learned from those interviews.

what I like the
Siobhan Blot
Feb 11, 2017 Siobhan Blot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Words cannot begin to describe how transformative this book has been. Once I began, I found it incredibly hard to put down. I especially appreciate the story-book approach to convey age old wisdom in a way that makes it current to our generation. Greg and Sharon you both are gifted! Thank you for this timeless treasure!!!
Gianto Sibarani
Oct 10, 2016 Gianto Sibarani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-novel
Dibuat seperti cerita perjalanan penulis yang merangkum segala hal tentang kesuksesan dari pawa wirausaha yg sukses
David Glad
Jan 07, 2013 David Glad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: achieve
Decent book for anyone looking to expand their Napoleon Hill collection. Each chapter even begins with one of his quotes, while being woven into a story.

Got hold of the audiobook some time back and began listening without paying attention to who the authors were, which made me think Greg was a fictional character with some real-life inspirational basis, even if I would think some aspects of the story were indeed worked in as they were. As the character "Greg" in the book begins as a real textboo
thewestchestarian
Quasi-spiritual self-help. Three distinct theories of this book exist. First, it may be one of those semi-religious straightforward self-help books where you are the limitless god who can do everything if you just believe you can. Many of the saints of the personal empowerment movement appear most repeatedly Napoleon Hill but also mainstays such as Debbie Fields apparently splits her time between selling cookies and as showing up in inspirational books as the token woman entrepreneur. All of the ...more
Heather
Jan 11, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was some "New Year's" reading for me as I'm 100% commission in my work and always on the prowl for success tips and techniques to 1. stay on track 2. grow both as a business woman and as a person.

Having said that there is a lot of garbage in the world of self help and business. I wouldn't call this book gimmicky or garbage by any stretch. The principles in this book are all taken from the famous Napoleon Hill book Think and Grow Rich which is a classic, timeless book of principles that have
Aaron Kaufman
Sep 17, 2012 Aaron Kaufman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do you find inspiration? Inspiration can be found in all shapes and sizes. Some find it in stories or tales and some find it in their everyday life. Beyond Basketball by Mike Krzyzewski is a kind of compilation of essays that explore how inspiration and success are found in your life. Coach K’s players wrote short essays on how they believed he inspired their lives.

...

Coach K wants every bit of determination out of each and every player but in some of the girls essays they described how h
Jesse Stoddard
Jan 13, 2014 Jesse Stoddard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, the best part of this book was the Success Formula, which includes the variables of Passion, Talent, Association, Action, and Faith in a quasi-mathematical formula and real life examples to inspire the application.

I normally don't like books about the writing of the same book I am reading book, in the same way I often don't like plays about plays or movies about the making of the movie itself as if shining a spotlight on the glory and self-aggrandizement of the process and creators. I al
Andrew
Mar 20, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do believe this book has very good advice about identifying your passion and taking the necessary steps to be successful at what you love. In the right hands, this can be the kickstart some people need to get their lives moving in the right direction. I've read a few books of Napoleon Hill and would recommend readers to continue on with his work. The only thing that caused me to not rate it higher was that the storytelling was written in a way that sort of undermines the value of its own messa ...more
John
Feb 01, 2010 John rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This type of book is usually not the type I spend my time on, but for various reasons, I agreed to read it to try and gain something from it. First and foremost, this brief review will probably make me look like a cynic. In all truthfulness, I am an idealist, and I think that this book contains important points throughout the text that most people inherently know, so, if anything, Lechter and Reid have aggregated these points into a book that might serve as a brief reminder to pick ourselves up, ...more
Richard Stephenson
I really liked it!

I think the Think and Grow Rich principles work quite well in anecdotal fashion. I enjoyed the story, the advice was sound (for the most part), and the really left the whole "universal intelligence" part out that was a thorn in my side from Hill's T&GR. Good package, well presented, and a fun listen. And you know, everyone remembers stories - here's a good one to remember.

If you've ever read a "One Minute Manager" type book and liked the presentation / style, then you'll en
Eliana
Dec 28, 2013 Eliana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those self-help books, and I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the way it was written and for the most part, I really liked the story that went along with the advice. Now, in the beginning this book did not appeal to me that much, but after a while I really started to get into the flow of this book. Therefore, I suggest that if you pick it up, give it a chance to develop and to start to have its effect on you. Thus, I would really recommend that you try and pick this book up and ...more
Jerry Smith
Books that deliver a message in the form of a fable are always easy to read and so it is with this book. Clearly it is the tale of the author - quite how true it is and how much is author's licence is unclear and, I guess, ultimately irrelevent.

Lots of lessons about stickability, finding your passion and pursuing it doggedly despite nay-sayers and set backs. Based on the works of Napolean Hill, especially think and grow rich. Essentially the message is always worth repeating and never grows old.
Allison
Feb 01, 2011 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three Feet From Gold is an inspiring book about never giving up and finding your passion in life. Using principles from Napoleon Hill's book Think and Grow Rich, the author encourages you to never give up in reaching your goals. He uses his own life story and wisdom from successful people in today's world (in business, sports, and non-profit organizations) whom he has interviewed.
I thought it was a very inspiring book full of "nuggets" of wisdom.
Daniel Judge
Jan 01, 2014 Daniel Judge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books
A great book on finding your passion, your 'why', and having the moxie not to give up regardless of the challenges that might show up.

Favorite quotes:

1. "You're the same today as you will be in 5 years except for 2 things: The people you meet and the books you read."

2. "The most common cause of failure is quitting."

3. "Your first five minutes dictate your day."

4. "Sometimes the worst situations turn out to be the best opportunities."
Angela
Sep 16, 2010 Angela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was some good stuff in the book but the writing was annoying to me. I think that it would have been better to leave out all the crusade story and just say it. Maybe that wouldn't work well for a book but it all seemed too, too cheezy or something. The whole idea is to go with your passion and then you will be some ultra-superstar successful billionaire. I just can't believe that everybody's passion is equal to billionaire success.`Maybe that is pessimistic but really... ...more
Derek
Aug 28, 2013 Derek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always appreciate the story with principles, and this book does the trick just fine. It's not phenomenal, but it is true--at least it appears to be the personal narrative of Greg and Sharon. Yes, the book is biased to Napolean Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" but all that does is show their passion for their belief in what they do! Enjoyable read, almost a 5-star if the end weren't so predictable, haha (though the surprise guest in New Zealand did get me :).
Marc Renson
Feb 17, 2012 Marc Renson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was in the process of finding a publisher myself while reading Three Feet From Gold. It inspired me to keep moving forward and never give up! Reading all the people who have gone on to do wonderful things because they didn't quit three feet from gold. And I won't either! A must read, very motivational and inspiring to anyone who is at a crossroads in thier life!
Rob
Mar 27, 2016 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual go-to genre, but the book was recommended by a dear friend. The story line is a little contrived, but it makes it more enjoyable, readable and relevant than the usual format of simply writing different chapters on different business leaders. I found it to be relevant to my professional life, and I have already implemented some of what I read into staff development.
Hemali Tanna
I would have rather read Think and grow rich again! The book has good 'old' advice,which is always great to absorb again, but the narration lacks the power to fire you up as much as Think and grow rich does! Can't really empathize with the story of how the author got the book published in difficult circumstances like the authors would have wanted.
A-t Williams
Really great book! Gives immediately usable information that can cause dramatic shifts in our paths towards success! I'd recommend reading or listening to it, take notes of what rings out to you, & integrate the lessons learned into your everyday life. There's no way you won't improve your standings!
Fitria
Mar 23, 2011 Fitria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
buku motivasi, yang tentu saja berisi tentang bagaimana menjalani hidup dengan lebih bahagia dan sukses. Pembedanya terletak pada cara penyampaian yang tidak terkesan kaku dan lebih ke arah novel, walau ini bukan novel.
John
Aug 27, 2014 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-versions
3.5
It echoes much of the napoleon hill philosophy. the dramatization isn't the message, it's the way the message is presented. if you familiarize yourself with the principles in the napoleon hill library, your eyes will be opened to many avenues of personal success and happiness...
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • How to Think Like a Millionaire
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • Hung by the Tongue
  • Napoleon Hill's Road to Success
  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do
  • Mentor: The Kid & the CEO: A Simple Story of Overcoming Challenges and Achieving Significance
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • The Complete 101 Collection
  • Skill With People
  • Dare to Win
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
  • Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, The Traveler's Gift
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
Wife and mother of three, CPA, consultant to the toy and publishing industries and business owner, Sharon Lechter has dedicated her professional efforts to the field of education.

She graduated with honors from Florida State University with a degree in accounting. She joined the ranks of what was then one of the big eight accounting firms, and went on to become the CFO of a turnaround company in th
More about Sharon L. Lechter...

“You're the same today as you will be in five years except for 2 things : The people you meet n the books you read.” 5 likes