Start by marking “Take a Chance on Me” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance on Me

Take a Chance on Me

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Accept no substitute...for love.

The Lady Doth Protest Too Much

Jessica Martin is determined to earn a permanent teaching position at Summit High School. That means hard work, dedication, and even volunteering extra time to direct the school's Shakespeare play. Which leaves no room for romance--especially with a co-worker. She didn't factor in the school's sexy security offi
Published February 22nd 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Chance on Me

An Adorable 4 Star Contemporary Romance

Take a Chance on Me is my first Kate Davies and it definitely is not going to be my last if Ms. Davies can spin a tale such as this one which contains all the right elements that makes a romance so worth your time. The setting in this romance is a unique one. I say this because I don’t remember reading an adult romance that takes place in a high school, unless it involves high school students. This title took me into unchartered waters and delivered a ver
A brilliant story.

We are having a lovely Easter weekend and due to an injury I am stuck indoors leg propped up and not able to do much of anything except read.

I have read some very good books the last few days and I have to say this is my favourite.
I loved all of the characters especially Tom and Jessica. The storyline was really good and I couldnt put it down once I started. (Started it this a.m and not long finished it).

I admit I downloaded this for the Kindle based on the description "Warning

This book was recommended to me and it did not disappoint.

I could not put this book down. I love stories that are about teachers and this was great.

I could completely relate to Jessica and her desire to prove herself in hopes to obtain a permanant teaching position. Kate Davies also described the school atmosphere perfectly.

I loved the instant attraction between Jessica and Tom. The sexual tension had me biting my nails. Loved it!
OMG!just what i needed!i usually dont write reviews but i had to make an exception for this was both sweet and hot (a rarely well executed combo,if you ask me), i adored both main characters (also not usually the case for me) and i didnt want it to left me on a fluffy cloud of happiness,complete with a goofy grin and the occasional content sigh :)
Mickey Spillane said, "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." With Take a Chance on Me, it was the first scene that sold this book to me. I instantly fell in love with these characters and rooted for them throughout the story. A definite must read!
Guilty Pleasures
Tom is in charge of security at Summit High School, because of an incident he was involved in, he has blocked relationships out of his life. Jessica is a substitute teacher, who has sworn off relationships until she gets a hired on permanently as a teacher. Both of them are committed to making a difference in teenagers lives.

Sparks start flying, after a misunderstanding on Jessica's first day of school. The journey to the HEA is sweet with a little bit of drama. Jessica's compassion for what To
Laurie Ryan
This story captured my attention from the very beginning. The attraction between Jessica and Tom is there from almost the first page and Ms. Davies keeps it amped up. Boy, does she keep it amped up. :) I could not put this story down and read it in three days. I was drawn to the conflict between these two. This story felt real and I highly recommend it. Take a chance on this book. You won’t be disappointed.
Take a Chance on Me has a brilliant summation of the book’s naughty bits in its blurb: “This book contains sexy encounters in classrooms, inappropriate use of school facilities, backstage shenanigans, and illicit activities on a ferryboat.” Ferryboat? How can this NOT be a must read?

Full review here:
May 27, 2012 Rockbell added it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
I picked it up because of the cute premise. Unfortunately it didn't deliver; the ending was boring and a bit cheesy.
Has a cute premise, but just didn't feel the connection between the hero and heroine.
Very cute contemporary romance.
Mar 03, 2011 Cynthia marked it as to-read
Won from Desert Island Keepers (DIK)
Judith W Howard
Judith W Howard marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
tammie marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Ensley marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Pinar marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Teresa marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Mariana marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Tee Franklin
Tee Franklin marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Fclit added it
Jan 15, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Man Trouble
  • Hot Shot
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 Series, #11)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Secret Admirer
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Grace Under Pressure
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • The Best Man
  • The Departed (FBI Psychics, #2)
  • Far From Perfect
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9)
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Heart Stealer
  • In the Marshal's Arms
Challenging Carter (The Strip Series) Taking the Cake (The Strip Series) Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift) Strip Tease (The Strip Series) Lessons in Love

“He was quiet, yet fiercely devoted to his job. He hid a delightful sense of humor beneath a calm exterior. He approached life with a cool demeanor, but set her on fire with his passionate kisses.
Tom Cameron was a study in contrasts, and there was nothing Jessica wanted more than to continue studying him.”