Start by marking “Conquer the Dark (The Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conquer the Dark (The Dark, #2)

Conquer the Dark (The Dark #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The rapidly approaching battle between Dark and Light threatens to destroy mankind in this action-packed new series from New York Times bestselling author L.A. Banks.

Published September 27th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Conquer the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquer the Dark

Charron
Oct 05, 2011 Charron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
As a fan of L.A. Banks, I tried to wait as long as I could to savor the novel which is one of her last completed works. I always love the historic elements that Ms. Banks has weaved within her storytelling. I've read the first book, Surrender the Dark and was waiting patiently for the release of this continuation. The book did not disappoint. I have learned alot from Ms. Banks' work. If you are a fan, please take the time to get this one. I loved it. I just wish there was another to follow, unfo ...more
Natalie A.
Jul 07, 2012 Natalie A. rated it really liked it
Really sad that I won't be able to continue Celeste and Azrael's story. Rest in Peace L.A. Banks...
Kate
May 01, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Celeste Jackson never had much hope for the future—and certainly never imagined that she would be living in an abandoned warehouse in Philadelphia with her magnificent protector Azrael, the angel of death, and a fierce battalion of warrior angels. But although her powers have bestowed the angels with the freedom to return to the Light or stay within the mortal realm, they need her more than ever.

Celeste is one of the few remaining half-human, half-angel Remnant, with a unique ability to locate
Antoinette Hayden
Feb 01, 2013 Antoinette Hayden rated it really liked it
LOVED IT! Hate that L.A Banks passed away so soon. She was becoming my favorite Author of all time.
Adrienna
After reading book one in the series, I was highly disappointed with one of my favorite authors of the vampirism series that I loved so dearly. I still need to complete this series. Since I heard she was writing an angelic series, I was extremely excited to know and read...but the first book was torture to try to read and like which was a surprise to me. I thought I would give her another chance with this book 2 in the series.

So far, starting out, I was trying to get into the romance of Celeste
PepperP0t
I read both books in this series that possibly would have continued had it not been for Ms. Banks death. I wanted to like it, but I struggled to give it a 3star rating. There is no need to rehash the plot as the synopsis is fairly accurate.

More didn't work for me in this book than did work for me. I'm fine with religious books and books with religious connotations. I'm fine with Angels fighting, but I do have a problem with beer-swilling, cursing warrior Angels that take lovers while heavy-hand
Aisha Oaktree
This is book two in the series, and it picks up a few months after book one took place. I loved visiting this world again, meeting up with the characters and learning more about them. Within the first chapter I got a new song, the one by Santana that one of the angels played. It's become a new favourite of mine. LOL, so while you read the rest of the review, click play and get into the feel of the book:

That first scene just blew my mind, I can't believe the author is no longer with us and won't
Amanda
Oct 28, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
To my knowledge, this is L.A. Banks' last book in this particular series, and I'm still saddened by her untimely passing this year. I'm wondering if she didn't get a chance to do final editing on this novel because it just doesn't seem as polished as her other works.

As usual, the story is inspiring and moving, but at times I found the plot to be both rushed and confusing. However, Banks builds up lots of momentum near the end of this book, and you are left longing for more! Unfortunately, there
Sonya Sherow
Oct 13, 2011 Sonya Sherow rated it really liked it
I hated for this to come to an end. The love of Celeste and Azrael is deep. Like world ending deep and I hate this is the end. Lady Banks thanks for the history lesson, love, passion, tears, laughter and fear of things that go bump in the night. When the time comes don't forget to send me one of those Angels (Read the book to see what I'm talking about.) LOL!
Cf
Oct 11, 2011 Cf rated it it was amazing
I took my time and enjoyed this book from beginning to end since it is the last. It did not disappoint. AZ what an ANGEL. The interaction between the group was funny and heart warming. I liked the first book but this one is on another level pure enjoyment.

The sequel did not disappoint.

Natina El
Aug 19, 2013 Natina El rated it it was ok
I can't put my finger on the element this book was missing to keep me engaged. I loved Celeste the angels, the storyline and the plot.. but something was missing.. it took me two weeks to finish the book.. and at the end I wasn't even really paying attention anymore..
Timendu
No star rating cos I don't know how I feel about this book. Sometimes I hated it. Sometimes I thought it was amazing.
Tee
Jan 02, 2013 Tee rated it it was amazing
Most sequels can't compete with their originals but this one actually ups the anti. The war between heaven and hell has come to earth. Only a handful of human women and their angelic protectors stand in the way.
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
A very good continuation of the story, hopefully Ms. Banks either finished the next book or left enough notes for her story to continue. Either way I have enjoyed reading her work.

Thelma
Oct 30, 2012 Thelma rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. It wasn't as good as the first book. I would have liked to see more detail, and a longer book.
Angel
Jan 01, 2013 Angel rated it it was amazing
Great author, great books, great series...I will miss her writing!
Mei
Oct 31, 2011 Mei rated it it was ok
Just "OK". Don't think I'm into the angels and demons.
Bebe20018
Jul 14, 2013 Bebe20018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this so much better than the first. More action.
Mammatess
Dec 15, 2011 Mammatess rated it it was amazing
this series is so wonderful!
Glenda Woodson
Glenda Woodson marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
camille guerra
camille guerra marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
De
De added it
Jul 13, 2016
Booklover baker
Booklover baker marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Lara
Lara rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Teresa Foye
Teresa Foye marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Robyn Wilson
Robyn Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Chaune Falgout
Chaune Falgout rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Chanel
Chanel marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Book Bug
Book Bug rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
  • Voices from the Other Side: Dark Dreams II
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
  • Strangers In Paradise
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • All of My Love
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Delilah's Downfall (Texas Temptations, #2)
  • Shadow Chase (Shadowchasers, #2)
  • Zoe's Gift (Fallon Mates, #4)
  • Creepin'
  • Burn
  • Something Like Love
  • Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2)
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in
More about L.A. Banks...

The Dark (2 books)
  • Surrender the Dark (The Dark, #1)