Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (Harlequin Presents)

Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  269 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Last night there was only one place to see and be seen at - the Balfour Charity Ball. But despite the glitz and the glamour, all was not as it seemed. Behind the scenes, Olivia Balfour and her twin Bella were locked in a battle over a shocking discovery - their late mother, Alexandra Balfour, had conceived their sister during an illicit affair.
Published (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bella and the Merciless Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bella and the Merciless Sheikh

Samantha
Bella Balfour is a bad girl socialite sent to the middle of the Arabian Desert by her father to get herself together. The lack of technology (cellphones, laptops, etc) is driving her stir-crazy. Her guardian at the retreat where Bella is forced to stay only has yoga and meditation on the agenda and Bella needs some action. Devising an escape plan, she steals a horse, unaware of who is belongs to and attempts to make it across desert to the city.

Her plans are derailed when she underestimates the...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 Hearts

I LURVED this book.

I've mentioned it to the point of being a broken record...but I LOVE Sheikh books. Seriously these men are my favourite heros. Always confident, always dominant, always with those sexy dark features I dream about.

I love how I can pick up a Sheikh story and almost always have the plot lines I crave - Sexy heroine makes the gruff Sheikh who doesn't believe in romance, fall to his knees. *sigh* DAMN I LOVE IT!!

Bella and the Merciless Sheikh would have to be one of my...more
Jennie
A hot desert romance - enough to spice up anyone's day.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I had to laugh with the verbal sparring between Bella and Zafiq. They both had the funniest comebacks for each other!
As usual Sarah Morgan did a great job with an interesting, sexy and funny story.
Crystal
If you hear anything in this review hear this, Sarah Morgan knows how to develop a character.

You will not find a bratty, snobbish, or stupid dynasty daughter in this book. Bleeding through Bella Balfour’s bad behavior is sarcasm, wit, and a genuine character. One filled with hidden vulnerabilities that are cleverly used by the author to make the love interested not only everything Bella needs, but also the one who can hurt her the most.

This book gives you a highly relatable woman that will take...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Bella and the Merciless Sheikh is the definition of a fun and sigh-inducing romance sure to please readers across the globe. It certainly pushed all of my happy buttons I had the most awesome time reading this tale.

Once I was done reading this book, I wanted to read it again. I felt wonderfully satisfied with the characters, the setting and the plot conflicts.

Bella is one of the Balfour sisters. I’ve read one other book in the series so it’s easy to say that this is a standalone read. It’s als...more
Claire
Bad, scandalous Bella meets stick-in-the-mud sheik. I get her quirky sense of humor, even the sophomoric jokes (milksheik, anyone?), and her need to show that she's just one-misunderstood paparazzi target. But I wish that she ended up with a hero who's more deserving of her. Or at least fought for her love. She did all the transformation; he did nada.

Then, all he had to say was IwuvYOU and she succumbed. I would have said, "Heck! Prove it! Two nights ago, you thought I was only good enough to b...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Lagi bosen dg Historical romance, jadinya untuk kali ini diselingi dg harlequin romance yg tergolong tipis.

Pertemuan dua karakter yg jauh berbeda. Dimana heroine adl fashionista yg impulsif, nyablak, tdk dpt lepas dr gadget dah inet, ceroboh, ekspresif dan tertuduh sbg pribadi yg nakal oleh media. Heronya adl pemikir; seriusan; tdk suka digoda; praktis; sheikh yg arogan tp jg manis.

Gurun mjd saksi bisu pertemuan mereka, dimana Bella Balfour, sang heroine, melarikan diri dari tempat meditasi yg m...more
TashNz
Oh my gosh! SM is going to be on my automatic buy. Where I'm from this is called Bella's Disgrace. I loved the story for two reasons, one it's involving a Sheikh (my fave books) and two because Bella isn't your usual heroine. Loved the series it was part of too.
Sasha
Also published as Bella's Disgrace, part of The Balfour Legacy.

You will thoroughly enjoy this book!

I also recommend reading the whole series, even though some of the 8 authors' styles were less appealing to me than Sarah's and Kate Hewitt's.

Makii
Bella es, junto con su hermana gemela Olivia, la mayor hija del magnate inglés Oscar Balfour. Conocida por sus constantes apariciones en las revistas del corazón y su vida de fiestas, amantes y alcohol, es catalogada y conocida por todos como “Bella La mala”. Creció siendo el centro de atención y esto, sumado al apellido Balfour , hace que su vida sea constantemente cuestionada. Pero nada de eso le importa hasta que el gran escándalo familiar aparece y todo su mundo se ve dado vueltas.
Cuando su...more
Bukola

Brilliantly written ! Superb ! Enthralling storyline. wow I couldnt put it down, I stayed up all night reading it, Bella was such a handful, funny with her dry jokes on Sheikhs (milk sheikhs) This is my second book from this series. Sarah Morgan has the touch of a genius and also the gift to capture the interest of the reader from the very first sentence of the book.The dialogue between the hero and heroine is so entertaining and riveting. Highly recommended to all the romantics!
Cady Lorenzana
So far, Bella is my favorite Balfour girl. She was witty and strong-willed. I like her character and thats just what made me give this 5 stars.

PS: I really find it funny when Bella says the sheikh/shake parts. Hahahaha!
Miss Echa
Bella cewek yg dicap sbgi bad girl gak hanya oleh pers juga keluarganya... Ceritanya ini si Bella di hukum bapaknya buat mengintropeksi diri di padang pasir... No phone... No laptop... No internet...
bosen stgh mati lah si bella... Nah dalam kebosanannya ini, dia berusaha melarikan diri dgn mencuri kuda kesayangan sang Sheikh... selanjutnya silahkan baca sendiri..

Karakter Bella disini sangat2 fresh... Blonde cantik yg gak bisa tahan tanpa pedi medi tiba2 ada desert diantah berantah, hampir mati d...more
Fiordiligii
I usually like Sarah Morgan but this novel featured a heroine I just couldn't stomach. Her favourite activies seem to be doing her make-up, dressing up and going to parties. It was pretty obvious which angle the author wanted to take by first putting Bella as a vapid Paris-Hilton wannabe in scene who slowly, as the story evolves, shows her deeper sides. However, I just couldn't read one more line about Bella needing a hairdo in the middle of the desert. DNF
Silvia
5 AMAZING STARR

wow, another wow for sarah morgan book...the story captivated me rom the start

bella was a spoil woman , shes feisty, brave, staright forward and blunt yet sexy as hell..but within the story she grey up to be mature woman..and shes also funny

safiq was an incredible man, hes loyal to his people and family, hes very wise yet controlled..when hes met bella, he met the challege and they become lovers and their love went very strong to each other
Mara Maia
De todos os livros este e o da Mia eram os que eu mais aguardava por ler, porque me pareciam os mais interessantes ..

E realmente não me enganei , adorei ambos os livros (tanto o da história da Mia como o da história da Bella)

Mais uma verdadeira história deliciosa de Xeque's :)

Boas leituras*
Tishke
If I could give this book a negative rating, I would. This was just plain BAD. Bad writing, Terrible plot, the author had no clue about the culture, the environment, the living standard,...

She was better off writing a story about the green man on planet Mars.
Ipshita Ranjana
It was amazing and if you like sarah morgan then you will love this...

This book has everything namely wit,drama,passion,romance and many more.The heroine and hero were both lovable and I was loving the whole novel from starting to end...

Yulia Anggraini
awalx saat d gurun tarik ulur x g lama...baguus...g lama2 menghindari sesuatu yg tak terhindarkan...bobok barengx... ;p

setlah kembali dari gurun hub mereka mulai mendingin n tingkah c cow x bkin gemez...

the end x maniis... :)
Famma
Its a little different than mills and boon typical contemporary romance. In all Balfour legacy series heroines are not poor and needy.
Ladyacct
Typical girl meets guy, instant chemistry, guy wants girl but doesn't WANT to want girl...ect., ect., ect.,
Colleen
This book was alternatively annoying and average.
It only gets two stars because of the horses.
Avisha Beeharreea
This one of my fav!! Love & love this so much :-) Ohhhhhh I want a milkshake too :D
Nicola Cornick
A great read! Made me cry - in a good way!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Balfour Brides
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Balfour Brides
Karen
will read first
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides #6)
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8)
  • Stolen by the Sheikh
  • His Majesty's Mistake
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated four years in succession for the prestigious RITA© Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice, in 2012 and 2013. She also won the RT Reviewers' Choice Award in 2012 and has made n...more
More about Sarah Morgan...
Doukakis's Apprentice Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1) Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1) A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)