Start by marking “Bella and the Merciless Sheikh” as Want to Read:
Bella and the Merciless Sheikh

Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  418 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Last night there was only one place to see and be seen at - the Balfour Charity Ball. But despite the glitz and the glamour, all was not as it seemed. Behind the scenes, Olivia Balfour and her twin Bella were locked in a battle over a shocking discovery - their late mother, Alexandra Balfour, had conceived their sister during an illicit affair.
Published (first published April 1st 2009)

Samantha
Bella Balfour is a bad girl socialite sent to the middle of the Arabian Desert by her father to get herself together. The lack of technology (cellphones, laptops, etc) is driving her stir-crazy. Her guardian at the retreat where Bella is forced to stay only has yoga and meditation on the agenda and Bella needs some action. Devising an escape plan, she steals a horse, unaware of who is belongs to and attempts to make it across desert to the city.

Her plans are derailed when she underestimates the
~E~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 Hearts

I LURVED this book.

I've mentioned it to the point of being a broken record...but I LOVE Sheikh books. Seriously these men are my favourite heros. Always confident, always dominant, always with those sexy dark features I dream about.

I love how I can pick up a Sheikh story and almost always have the plot lines I crave - Sexy heroine makes the gruff Sheikh who doesn't believe in romance, fall to his knees. *sigh* DAMN I LOVE IT!!

Bella and the Merciless Sheikh would have to be one of my
Danielle
Claire
Bad, scandalous Bella meets stick-in-the-mud sheik. I get her quirky sense of humor, even the sophomoric jokes (milksheik, anyone?), and her need to show that she's just one-misunderstood paparazzi target. But I wish that she ended up with a hero who's more deserving of her. Or at least fought for her love. She did all the transformation; he did nada.

Then, all he had to say was IwuvYOU and she succumbed. I would have said, "Heck! Prove it! Two nights ago, you thought I was only good enough to b
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
A hot desert romance - enough to spice up anyone's day.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I had to laugh with the verbal sparring between Bella and Zafiq. They both had the funniest comebacks for each other!
As usual Sarah Morgan did a great job with an interesting, sexy and funny story.
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
The book is badly titled. For a change the hero Rafiq is a decent and polite albeit very attractive man who doesn't think with his penis. Even though, like every Harlequin hero he has trust issues, he is still respectful of women and people.

Our heroine Bella is not a simpering damsel overcome by lust and muteness everytime she locks eyes with him. I really liked the back story and build up of their romance, though the second half of the book where Bella works with the horses and shows of her sk
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Bella and the Merciless Sheikh is the definition of a fun and sigh-inducing romance sure to please readers across the globe. It certainly pushed all of my happy buttons I had the most awesome time reading this tale.

Once I was done reading this book, I wanted to read it again. I felt wonderfully satisfied with the characters, the setting and the plot conflicts.

Bella is one of the Balfour sisters. I’ve read one other book in the series so it’s easy to say that this is a standalone read. It’s als
Fanny Roswita Ria
Lagi bosen dg Historical romance, jadinya untuk kali ini diselingi dg harlequin romance yg tergolong tipis.

Pertemuan dua karakter yg jauh berbeda. Dimana heroine adl fashionista yg impulsif, nyablak, tdk dpt lepas dr gadget dah inet, ceroboh, ekspresif dan tertuduh sbg pribadi yg nakal oleh media. Heronya adl pemikir; seriusan; tdk suka digoda; praktis; sheikh yg arogan tp jg manis.

Gurun mjd saksi bisu pertemuan mereka, dimana Bella Balfour, sang heroine, melarikan diri dari tempat meditasi yg m
Fiordiligii
I usually like Sarah Morgan but this novel featured a heroine I just couldn't stomach. Her favourite activies seem to be doing her make-up, dressing up and going to parties. It was pretty obvious which angle the author wanted to take by first putting Bella as a vapid Paris-Hilton wannabe in scene who slowly, as the story evolves, shows her deeper sides. However, I just couldn't read one more line about Bella needing a hairdo in the middle of the desert. DNF
TashNz
Jan 22, 2012 TashNz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sarah-morgan
Oh my gosh! SM is going to be on my automatic buy. Where I'm from this is called Bella's Disgrace. I loved the story for two reasons, one it's involving a Sheikh (my fave books) and two because Bella isn't your usual heroine. Loved the series it was part of too.
Sasha
Jul 02, 2012 Sasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Also published as Bella's Disgrace, part of The Balfour Legacy.

You will thoroughly enjoy this book!

I also recommend reading the whole series, even though some of the 8 authors' styles were less appealing to me than Sarah's and Kate Hewitt's.

KC

Bella and the Merciless Sheik is my current favorite book by Sarah Morgan. It's romantic, funny, sweet-sexy, and features a heroine and hero who are perfect archetypes of the genre: sexy, brooding sheik and beautiful, spirited blond. Bella and Zafiq find true love, but it's also a coming-of-age story for Bella.

Zafiq, the "merciless sheik", is a serious, proud man who tries very hard to resist the impish and beautiful Bella. As the ruler of his country, Zafiq shoulders much responsibilit
Makii
Sep 01, 2012 Makii rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bella es, junto con su hermana gemela Olivia, la mayor hija del magnate inglés Oscar Balfour. Conocida por sus constantes apariciones en las revistas del corazón y su vida de fiestas, amantes y alcohol, es catalogada y conocida por todos como “Bella La mala”. Creció siendo el centro de atención y esto, sumado al apellido Balfour , hace que su vida sea constantemente cuestionada. Pero nada de eso le importa hasta que el gran escándalo familiar aparece y todo su mundo se ve dado vueltas.
Cuando su
Bukola
Aug 05, 2014 Bukola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Brilliantly written ! Superb ! Enthralling storyline. wow I couldnt put it down, I stayed up all night reading it, Bella was such a handful, funny with her dry jokes on Sheikhs (milk sheikhs) This is my second book from this series. Sarah Morgan has the touch of a genius and also the gift to capture the interest of the reader from the very first sentence of the book.The dialogue between the hero and heroine is so entertaining and riveting. Highly recommended to all the romantics!
Sissy's Romance Book Review For You
Bella Balfour has been sent away by her father for two weeks now. Bella is stuck with no phone or internet connection and just wants to go home but her father said she stay. So Bella take a jeep and ends up in a sand storm. Sheikh Zafiq Al-Rashid is furious that she has done this and comes to her rescue when she gets lost. Overall this was a good read... I just couldn't get into the characters as much as I usually do though.
Cady Lorenzana
Jul 26, 2014 Cady Lorenzana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far, Bella is my favorite Balfour girl. She was witty and strong-willed. I like her character and thats just what made me give this 5 stars.

PS: I really find it funny when Bella says the sheikh/shake parts. Hahahaha!
Miss Echa
Nov 25, 2012 Miss Echa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bella cewek yg dicap sbgi bad girl gak hanya oleh pers juga keluarganya... Ceritanya ini si Bella di hukum bapaknya buat mengintropeksi diri di padang pasir... No phone... No laptop... No internet...
bosen stgh mati lah si bella... Nah dalam kebosanannya ini, dia berusaha melarikan diri dgn mencuri kuda kesayangan sang Sheikh... selanjutnya silahkan baca sendiri..

Karakter Bella disini sangat2 fresh... Blonde cantik yg gak bisa tahan tanpa pedi medi tiba2 ada desert diantah berantah, hampir mati d
Silvia
Sep 10, 2013 Silvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 AMAZING STARR

wow, another wow for sarah morgan book...the story captivated me rom the start

bella was a spoil woman , shes feisty, brave, staright forward and blunt yet sexy as hell..but within the story she grey up to be mature woman..and shes also funny

safiq was an incredible man, hes loyal to his people and family, hes very wise yet controlled..when hes met bella, he met the challege and they become lovers and their love went very strong to each other
Tishke
Apr 23, 2013 Tishke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book a negative rating, I would. This was just plain BAD. Bad writing, Terrible plot, the author had no clue about the culture, the environment, the living standard,...

She was better off writing a story about the green man on planet Mars.
Ipshita Ranjana
Jul 14, 2013 Ipshita Ranjana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
It was amazing and if you like sarah morgan then you will love this...

This book has everything namely wit,drama,passion,romance and many more.The heroine and hero were both lovable and I was loving the whole novel from starting to end...

Yulia Anggraini
awalx saat d gurun tarik ulur x g lama...baguus...g lama2 menghindari sesuatu yg tak terhindarkan...bobok barengx... ;p

setlah kembali dari gurun hub mereka mulai mendingin n tingkah c cow x bkin gemez...

the end x maniis... :)
Karen Wilson
Very cute and funny. Loved the puns! Story development was great too and fairly credible. The ending was a bit cheesy though I wish there was an epilogue.
Famma
Its a little different than mills and boon typical contemporary romance. In all Balfour legacy series heroines are not poor and needy.
Ladyacct
May 05, 2011 Ladyacct rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical girl meets guy, instant chemistry, guy wants girl but doesn't WANT to want girl...ect., ect., ect.,
Colleen
Jan 12, 2013 Colleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was alternatively annoying and average.
It only gets two stars because of the horses.
Avisha Beeharreea
This one of my fav!! Love & love this so much :-) Ohhhhhh I want a milkshake too :D
Modesty_b
This one is my all-time favourite. I love everything about it :)
Nicola Cornick
Mar 19, 2011 Nicola Cornick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read! Made me cry - in a good way!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Balfour Brides
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Olivia and the Billionaire Cattle King (The Balfour Brides #8)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules
  • One Night With The Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #2) (Harlequin Presents, 2332)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated 4 times for the prestigious RITA Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for Sl
More about Sarah Morgan...

The Balfour Brides (8 books)
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
  • Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • Olivia and the Billionaire Cattle King (The Balfour Brides #8)