Filled with Glee: The Unauthorized Glee Companion

Filled with Glee: The Unauthorized Glee Companion

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Is Sue is the true driving force behind Glee? Who is the real alpha male in New Directions? Why do we really keep coming back to Glee week after week?

From its quirky character insights to its inspirational, funny, and touching stories from fellow gleeks, Filled with Glee is the perfect companion for the fan who can’t get enough Glee.

Other standout sections include:

• A guid...more
Published (first published October 7th 2010)

Paul
Nov 14, 2011 Paul marked it as assorted-rants-about-stuff  ·  review of another edition
Sayings of Georgia Part 4 :

I was reading about Hitler and I heard a strange noise. I went into the front room and saw The Warblers on the tv screen as Georgia was glued to Glee Season 2 Box Set. I mentioned that this was a very uncool, strangely waxy, young male Stepford Wives weird old-fashioned sort of group who plainly couldn't dance and she said "Yes they are very uncool, but that's the point and that's what makes them cool."

Then she said "I would like to say that I was uncool before being...more
Meagan
It took me a few months to get through this because it isn't the type of book that you sit down with and read straight through. Each essay is by a different author and focuses on a different character or aspect of the show. The essay are well crafted and easy to read, forcing you think more deeply about the characters, their relationships to each other, and their relationships to us.

What is particularly great, is that not all of the essays agree with each other. In fact, not all of the essays ev...more
Krista Ivy
it would be cool with a more updated version especially regarding the essay on the alpha male. i think it would be between blaine and sam.
Gabi Stevens
I contributed an essay to this book, but I'm currently enjoying the efforts of my fellow writers. And, yes, I love GLEE.
Bridget
Great summary of the episodes. Character and plot analyses. Cast biographies. This was a lot of fun to read.
Kimberley Burfoot
Mindless drivel. Can I get that hour of my life back please?
Tayler watson
this book was ok for glee. add me people.
Nicole
filled with essays. Surprisingly interesting!
Nicole Denning
Nicole Denning marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Dani Byrne
Dani Byrne marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Amber Eisman
Amber Eisman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Andreeea_b_
Andreeea_b_ marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Nina Cogliano
Nina Cogliano marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Melonie Kydd
Melonie Kydd marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Christina Palmer
Christina Palmer marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Syifa Rahma
Syifa Rahma marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Taryn
Taryn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kiara Bieber
Kiara Bieber marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Mariah Martinez
Mariah Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Kerry
Kerry added it
Dec 27, 2013
Lucy
Lucy added it
Nov 14, 2013
Jada
Jada marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Denise Ciganda
Denise Ciganda marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Leah Wilson is Editor-in-Chief of the Smart Pop imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. She graduated from Duke University in 2003 with a degree in Culture and Modern Fiction, and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Fall season premiere schedules make her a little giddy.

(Her author blog is the main blog for Smart Pop's website, and she'll be using this Goodreads account in part to do some...more
More about Leah Wilson...
The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy In the Hunt : Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural (Smart Pop Series) Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter A Friday Night Lights Companion: Love, Loss, and Football in Dillon, Texas A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger's Guide