Start by marking “The King's Messenger” as Want to Read:
The King's Messenger

The King's Messenger

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
"Just how oil, arms, and Allah have served over time either to bind or sunder the United States and Saudi Arabia relationship is the focus of this book," writes David Ottaway, who has chronicled "the special relationship" over the course of three decades at the "Washington Post." No two governments and societies could be more different, and yet we have been bound together ...more
Published July 23rd 2010 by Walker Books Ltd (first published November 11th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The King's Messenger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Messenger

Aziz
Nov 13, 2013 Aziz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really recommend this book to any one want to learn about the US-Saudi relation from the first meeting of king Abdulaziz and president Roosevelt to king Abdullah and president Bush jr. If you interested in this subject you should read this book.
Bob Mitchell
Ottaway delivers a Washington insider's view of U.S.-Saudi relations seen through the prism of Riyadh's longtime ambassador to the United States. The thought-provoking book left me wanting more about the bigger-than-life character at the center of the book and the kingdom he represented. The book's anecdotal qualities had the feeling of a reporter -- a very good reporter -- emptying the notebook. Another problem is that Bandar played a far bigger role on the Washington stage in the 1980s and ear ...more
Cameron
This is a good, not to demanding read. While it lacked any real depth of analysis of Prince Bandar's character and motivations, the content from a historical content was very good. I was quite oblivious to how rapidly our relationship with the Saudis has changed over the last eight years - I had no idea that they really lack the ability to significantly influence world oil prices anymore and that they are only the 4th leading supplier of oil to the US.

If you are interested in the topic, I'll le
Motaz
Apr 09, 2011 Motaz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
just finish reading it last night, and as i finish reading a book, for some reasons i feel sad. reading a book is like watching a movie, the only different is that won't be happy ending but will be Sad ending.
change a lot of my view about Bander bin sultan, who i thought he was ordinary but in reality is extraordinary
hope he could drive the country to better place and Contribute with the others to build better Saudi Arabia for the future and for the people :)
Motaz
Jan 06, 2011 Motaz is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
History, that what i do love to read about, and it tells me also some hidden fact that i did not read/hear about it in the media :)
Currently LOVE IT !
Hussein Hajaig
more about the saudi-us relation than bandar,but it shows the prince ego and professionalism plus his more loyalty to himself and the us than to KSA.
Aditya
Apr 03, 2009 Aditya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting insights in to the workings of Saudi-American relationship over the last 3 decades.
Hany Kalash
Hany Kalash marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Aziz
Aziz marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Hosam Sabbahi
Hosam Sabbahi marked it as to-read
MadEra
MadEra marked it as to-read
Khaled Alelyani
Khaled Alelyani marked it as to-read
Dalia
Dalia marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Faisal
Faisal marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Lucas
Lucas marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
نوره بن رافعه
نوره بن رافعه marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Fahad Sager
Fahad Sager marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Louis Dom
Louis Dom marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Charlie Foo
Charlie Foo rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Camo
Camo added it
Jun 17, 2016
Nayef
Nayef rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
zeyad al-zeyadi
zeyad al-zeyadi rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Will
Will added it
Apr 18, 2015
Khudadad Azara
Khudadad Azara rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Travers
Georgia Travers rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Amaney Ibrahim
Amaney Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014