Fetch

Fetch

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Father Ian promised his parishioner to investigate a mysterious sighting at the nearby cemetery. When he does and finds nothing out of the ordinary, he arrives at the man's house only to find him dead. Evil is roaming the Irish countryside and has its sights set on the good Father.
Published January 11th 2011 by Scott Roche, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Fetch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fetch

Dave
A little weak in beginning is what I thought but that's like saying the uphill climb of a major roller coaster is boring. It's what you have to do to get over the hump and drop down into a totally insane ride of your life. I wish it was longer because I honestly loved it and wish it keep going. But like all great things, this too came to an end. Not a slow drawn out death but a fantastic and intriguing end that will make you want to call Mr. Roche on the phone and discuss the possibilities of th...more
Richard Grenvile
While far from edgy or avant garde, Fetch by Scott Roche is a remarkable little story with a number of uncommon observations lurking just beneath the surface. The story is written from the POV of one reverend Ian, the parish priest in a small Irish town. In a tone reminiscent of Flannery O’Connor, he tells his tale in an unaffected manner, while relaying the most agonizing circumstances and emotional trauma.

Father Ian is approached by a parishioner fearful that a doppelganger has come to do him...more
The Digital Ink  Spot
Honestly, the beginning did not pull me in. Was I tired? Was I jaded? I don't know, but I keep reading and hoping for the best.
This is some kind of literary trick by Mr. Roche because I was quickly caught off guard and I tumbled through the entire story, my mind and sense of safety assaulted by Roche's storytelling. I was honestly creeped out by the honesty of horror for a man of faith.
Great Story and Great Price. I am excited for Mr. Roche's future as a writer.
Keith
an oustandung little tale. i had no idea where the author was going with this at all! and i loved it when he finally made it worth the wait
Jason Lee
Jason Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jason Faylen
Jason Faylen is currently reading it
May 25, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Niccole
Niccole marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Mika
Mika marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Carrie
Carrie added it
Mar 20, 2012
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Tugbrown
Tugbrown marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2011
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2011
Aaron Delay
Aaron Delay marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2011
A military brat, fan of horror and occult fiction at an embarrassingly (for my parents anyway) young age, and a seeker of the true reality beyond that which we see every day, I try and include as much life experience in my writing as I can. Every story I write combines these elements into something that I hope you will not only enjoy, but tell all of your friends about. I am active in the podcast...more
More about Scott Roche...
Ginnie Dare: Crimson Sands The Battle of Wildspitze Two Steps From Hell Bitter Release Dead Ends