Start by marking “Fetch” as Want to Read:
Fetch

Fetch

Father Ian promised his parishioner to investigate a mysterious sighting at the nearby cemetery. When he does and finds nothing out of the ordinary, he arrives at the man's house only to find him dead. Evil is roaming the Irish countryside and has its sights set on the good Father.
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 11th 2011 by Scott Roche, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Fetch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fetch

Dave
Feb 16, 2011 Dave rated it it was amazing
A little weak in beginning is what I thought but that's like saying the uphill climb of a major roller coaster is boring. It's what you have to do to get over the hump and drop down into a totally insane ride of your life. I wish it was longer because I honestly loved it and wish it keep going. But like all great things, this too came to an end. Not a slow drawn out death but a fantastic and intriguing end that will make you want to call Mr. Roche on the phone and discuss the possibilities of th ...more
Richard Grenvile
Feb 28, 2011 Richard Grenvile rated it really liked it
While far from edgy or avant garde, Fetch by Scott Roche is a remarkable little story with a number of uncommon observations lurking just beneath the surface. The story is written from the POV of one reverend Ian, the parish priest in a small Irish town. In a tone reminiscent of Flannery O’Connor, he tells his tale in an unaffected manner, while relaying the most agonizing circumstances and emotional trauma.

Father Ian is approached by a parishioner fearful that a doppelganger has come to do him
The Digital Ink  Spot
Jan 21, 2012 The Digital Ink Spot rated it really liked it
Honestly, the beginning did not pull me in. Was I tired? Was I jaded? I don't know, but I keep reading and hoping for the best.
This is some kind of literary trick by Mr. Roche because I was quickly caught off guard and I tumbled through the entire story, my mind and sense of safety assaulted by Roche's storytelling. I was honestly creeped out by the honesty of horror for a man of faith.
Great Story and Great Price. I am excited for Mr. Roche's future as a writer.
Keith
May 22, 2011 Keith rated it it was amazing
an oustandung little tale. i had no idea where the author was going with this at all! and i loved it when he finally made it worth the wait
Bron
Bron rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Jeffrey Hite
Jeffrey Hite rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Warren Cramer
Warren Cramer rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
John
John rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2013
Brad
Brad rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
J-P Losier
J-P Losier rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Katharina
Katharina rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Mr. DeLay
Mr. DeLay marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2011
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2011
Tugbrown
Tugbrown marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2011
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Carrie
Carrie added it
Mar 20, 2012
blue
blue marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Niccole
Niccole marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Jason Faylen
Jason Faylen is currently reading it
May 25, 2014
Jason Lee
Jason Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Cinlar
Cinlar marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Sophie Duncan
Sophie Duncan marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Gracie
Gracie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
A military brat, fan of horror and occult fiction at an embarrassingly (for my parents anyway) young age, and a seeker of the true reality beyond that which we see every day, I try and include as much life experience in my writing as I can. Every story I write combines these elements into something that I hope you will not only enjoy, but tell all of your friends about. I am active in the podcast ...more
More about Scott Roche...