Start by marking “The Tartarus House on Crab” as Want to Read:
The Tartarus House on Crab

The Tartarus House on Crab

Jack Tartarus, a photographer, has returned to his family’s house on Crab, an island off the east coast of Vancouver Island. After mulling it over for ten years, Jack has decided to tear his family’s house down, board-by-board, just as his father built it up. He purchases a wrecking bar. Struggling with the first piece of siding, his wrecking bar jammed between ancient ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Brindle and Glass Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Tartarus House on Crab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tartarus House on Crab

Jerry Auld
Jun 13, 2012 Jerry Auld rated it really liked it
A great read well imagined and told. Clear characters and fun twists. The dialog and characters and actions seemed so seamless that I could believe these folks were real, and they certainly lived lives that seemed real.

I'd recommend this book. I couldn't put it down while I was reading it and I never knew just where it was going to lead me - certainly not where I thought it would.
Mortira
Oct 31, 2015 Mortira rated it really liked it
Shelves: oh-canada
The Tartarus House on Crab was a truly enjoyable read. I originally thought that this might be a horror tale, something sinister or chilling, and at first the house does seem terrifying. I can't remember at which point this notion fell away, because the actual story was so good I was caught right up in it until the end.

It took a minute or two to get used to the writing style. As the focus of the story moves from one person to the next, their inner monologue intrudes heavily on the narrative. Fo
Cindy
Aug 08, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Well-written, as I expected from George Szanto, having read several of his books. Because the story jumps between characters, the style is very chunky, especially in comparison with Szanto's smooth and flowing Mexico trilogy. I enjoyed the inclusion of the local: the story happens in an area about 2 hours' drive from where I live. A good read.
Melody Laxton
Oct 21, 2012 Melody Laxton rated it really liked it
Great locally written novel. Got it in a mystery book bag from the library, and happy I did! Great likeable characters, and the story flowed really nicely, with an ending I enjoyed.
Cailey
Cailey rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Ruth Linka
Ruth Linka rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2011
Al
Al marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014