A Family for the Rugged Rancher

A Family for the Rugged Rancher

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Gruff rancher Luke Evans's new live-in housekeeper comes with an unexpected addition…a small son! Emily may be pretty—and even Luke has to grudgingly admit little Sam's quite cute—but a family is not on this die-hard bachelor's wish list!

Luke's plan? To spend as much time away from the house as possible. But, slowly charmed by Emily's sunny smile and Sam's infectious giggl

Mass Market Paperback, Large Print, 256 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Sara Hubbard
I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed this book. The characters are so down-to-earth and believable and so are their challenges. Few books succeed in pulling me in so tightly that I am able to be brought to tears. Donna did it to me twice in this book. She's does it in all of her books, actually.

The thing about romance is that you know things will turn out okay. The girl gets the guy in the end every single time, but still, I couldn't put it down. I had to know how exactly HOW it ended. In...more
Tia
Emily was running out of options when she was finally hired for a housekeeping position at a ranch. Her ex husband had left her was a five year old she needed to provide for. Her ex husband stopped paying child support and he was the only one with a job when he packed up and abandoned her for British Columbia.

When Emily arrived at the ranch with her son Sam, she was shocked by the beauty of the place. Not to mention Luke Evans, the gruff ranch owner. Immediately Luke felt something twist inside...more
Michelle Styles
Heart warming story of two people who have to learn to love. A book to be read in one sitting. The setting is very well depicted and it is a great comfort read.
Marran
a very sweet and cute read but not sugare sweet just the right amount..The hero has some fears that make sense and it was sweet watching him work thru them
Jennifer Shirk
This book had great romance and emotion. The subject of Alzheimer’s in the plot was not only unique but added a lot to depth to the story as well.
Wendy S. Marcus
I usually prefer stories with lots of hot sex... but in my opinion, this amazing love story didn't need it.
Loretta
A modern day Canadian western romance. I really enjoyed it, but the explanation at the end drug on and this is the only reason I have a low rating for this quick read.

Gerd
*Got this as a Goodreads giveaway*

A cozy read.
Nice short novel that gives you exactly what you expect to get. Not much surprises to it and at other times the perfect family tune it plays might have grated on me, but sometimes all you want to read about is two people finding together, and for those it's perfect.

My only small niggle with it was a bit of head hopping going on in a few chapters. But overall I enjoyed reading it a lot.
Thanh Tran
3.5 stars - quick read - single cowboy with no baggage except for his possible inheritable mental condition and the huge ranch that he's running and in need of a housekeeper for the house. Then came along single mum with her kid - deserted by a husband who shrugged off his responsibility as a father and husband. Sparks flew when the H/H met and then comes HEA. Short quick read!
Courtney Fisher
A very quick and enjoyable read! Before I knew what had happened, I was sucked in and couldn't put it down. A sweet tale of romance with a great ending.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rugged Ranchers
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rugged Ranchers
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Towers
Towers marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Maria Pussycat
Maria Pussycat marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A busy wife and mother of three (2 daughters and the family dog), Donna Alward believes hers is the best job in the world: a combination of stay-at-home mom and romance novelist.

An avid reader since childhood, Donna always made up her own stories. She completed her Arts Degree in English Literature in 1994, but it wasn't until 2001 that she penned her first full-length novel, and found herself ho...more
More about Donna Alward...
Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1) Sold to the Highest Bidder Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart (Larch Valley, #4) Marriage at Circle M