Start by marking “A Family for the Rugged Rancher” as Want to Read:
A Family for the Rugged Rancher

A Family for the Rugged Rancher

Gruff rancher Luke Evans's new live-in housekeeper comes with an unexpected additiona small son! Emily may be prettyand even Luke has to grudgingly admit little Sam's quite cutebut a family is not on this die-hard bachelor's wish list!

Luke's plan? To spend as much time away from the house as possible. But, slowly charmed by Emily's sunny smile and Sam's infectious giggle,

Mass Market Paperback, Large Print, 256 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Family for the Rugged Rancher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family for the Rugged Rancher

Sara Hubbard
Jun 11, 2011 Sara Hubbard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed this book. The characters are so down-to-earth and believable and so are their challenges. Few books succeed in pulling me in so tightly that I am able to be brought to tears. Donna did it to me twice in this book. She's does it in all of her books, actually.

The thing about romance is that you know things will turn out okay. The girl gets the guy in the end every single time, but still, I couldn't put it down. I had to know how exactly HOW it ended. In
Tia
Feb 25, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
Emily was running out of options when she was finally hired for a housekeeping position at a ranch. Her ex husband had left her was a five year old she needed to provide for. Her ex husband stopped paying child support and he was the only one with a job when he packed up and abandoned her for British Columbia.

When Emily arrived at the ranch with her son Sam, she was shocked by the beauty of the place. Not to mention Luke Evans, the gruff ranch owner. Immediately Luke felt something twist inside
Wendy Marcus
Apr 29, 2013 Wendy Marcus rated it it was amazing
I usually prefer stories with lots of hot sex... but in my opinion, this amazing love story didn't need it.
Jennifer Shirk
May 29, 2011 Jennifer Shirk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
This book had great romance and emotion. The subject of Alzheimer’s in the plot was not only unique but added a lot to depth to the story as well.
Marran
Sep 12, 2012 Marran rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
a very sweet and cute read but not sugare sweet just the right amount..The hero has some fears that make sense and it was sweet watching him work thru them
Phylisha Stone
May 11, 2017 Phylisha Stone rated it really liked it
A typical harlequin romance. Single mom determined to make it on her own with her 5yr old son after her husband decides he no longer wants to be in a relationship with them. She accepts a job as housekeeper/cook on a ranch. The ranch is run by 30's outdoors man who fears a relationship with anyone because of family health issues. The writing was well done.
Gerd
Jun 01, 2011 Gerd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Got this as a Goodreads giveaway*

A cozy read.
Nice short novel that gives you exactly what you expect to get. Not much surprises to it and at other times the perfect family tune it plays might have grated on me, but sometimes all you want to read about is two people finding together, and for those it's perfect.

My only small niggle with it was a bit of head hopping going on in a few chapters. But overall I enjoyed reading it a lot.
Donna
Sep 14, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, canadian, 2014
Loved this book. When I started it, I thought it was just another story about a silent, moody cowboy but there was much more depth to the main characters and to the story line. Great writing style - the story just flew along. I've only read a few of Alward's books but this is sure to remain a favourite.
Thanh Tran
3.5 stars - quick read - single cowboy with no baggage except for his possible inheritable mental condition and the huge ranch that he's running and in need of a housekeeper for the house. Then came along single mum with her kid - deserted by a husband who shrugged off his responsibility as a father and husband. Sparks flew when the H/H met and then comes HEA. Short quick read!
Carrie Felton
Jul 20, 2014 Carrie Felton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Great story!

This one had my sobbing! Donna Alward did such a great job fully describing the situation that Emily's pain and Luke's fear were experienced not simply read about.
Courtney Fisher
Jul 02, 2011 Courtney Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very quick and enjoyable read! Before I knew what had happened, I was sucked in and couldn't put it down. A sweet tale of romance with a great ending.
Michelle Styles
May 13, 2011 Michelle Styles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart warming story of two people who have to learn to love. A book to be read in one sitting. The setting is very well depicted and it is a great comfort read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rugged Ranchers
Loretta
Apr 01, 2014 Loretta rated it liked it
A modern day Canadian western romance. I really enjoyed it, but the explanation at the end drug on and this is the only reason I have a low rating for this quick read.

Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rugged Ranchers
Kelly Hearon
Kelly Hearon rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Feloidae *The Bookworm*
Feloidae *The Bookworm* rated it really liked it
May 23, 2013
Jamielee
Jamielee rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Kristal
Kristal rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Isadora
Isadora rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Barbara M.
Barbara M. rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Lynne
Lynne rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
chasey
chasey rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Jewel
Jewel rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2011
myrna vogel
myrna vogel rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2015
Leemichelle
Leemichelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Wanda Joudrey
Wanda Joudrey rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Michelle Lane
Michelle Lane rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • The Soldier's Secret Daughter (Top Secret Deliveries #3)
  • Flirting with Italian
  • One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)
  • Making a Splash
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Beauty and the Brooding Boss
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (Hawk's Way #5-6)
  • Caught on Camera
  • The Cattle Baron's Reluctant Mistress
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies (Billionaires and Babies, #20)
  • An Honorable Thief
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...