Start by marking “Muncle Trogg” as Want to Read:
Muncle Trogg

Muncle Trogg (Muncle Trogg #1)

Muncle Trogg, a young giant, is laughed at for being so small that he's human-sized. Muncle often wonders about the humans he's meant to look like and one day he runs away down Misty Mountain to see for himself. There he makes friends with an escaped dragon called Sarg and meets a little girl called Emily.
Published February 1st 2011 by Chicken House (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Muncle Trogg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muncle Trogg

catbooks
Feb 23, 2013 catbooks rated it it was amazing
Also ich muss schon sagen, wenn es eine Geschichte über den kleinsten Riesen der Welt gibt, möchte ich sie natürlich auch lesen! Schon nach den ersten Seiten, ist mir klar geworden, dass es sich sich hier um eine besondere Geschichte handelt, bei der sich der kleine Riese Munkel, als Minderheit in der Gemeinschaft der Riesen, bei den Großen durchsetzen muss.
Das Thema des ausgrenzen bzw. des ausgegrenzt werden ist in den Schulen und Kindergärten dieser Welt leider Gottes Alltag und so ziemlich j
Naomi Meyer
Feb 26, 2014 Naomi Meyer rated it really liked it
I write this review as a parent. I didn't plan to like this book. My husband read about it and bought it for our six-year-old son. I started reading the book to him as a bedtime story. We both ended up wanting bedtime reading to carry on for a longer time each night. My son loved the action inside the volcano (!); the story touched my heart.
Dawn Finch
Oct 26, 2012 Dawn Finch rated it really liked it
What a cracking read! Muncle is a completely adorable character and one that small people (all of whom wish they were giants!) will easily identify with. One particular strength of this book is its read-aloud quality. It works fantastically well as a whole class book and they were hanging on every word.
Ana Paula Lelis
May 02, 2016 Ana Paula Lelis rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
It was surprisingly very good. I had a lot of fun. Someone ask the author to write more books for this series, please! haha (I know it's for kids, but believe me: it's great for adults too).
Andreww
Feb 21, 2014 Andreww rated it really liked it
Sometimes a film comes out that makes me want to borrow a small child to go see it in the cinema. With my own children now taller than me in both cases, skulking into some animated adventure along with my wife feeling like we really should have grown up by now can be a humbling experience. Short of randomly claiming a couple of those small bodies as our own - effectively buying stranger's children pop-corn! - we either wait until the DVD comes out or hang our heads, flip up our collars so no-one ...more
FantasyWereld
Apr 14, 2013 FantasyWereld rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinderboeken
Munkel Trog is het buitenbeentje van zijn familie. En niet alleen van zijn familie, van alle inwoners van Bulderberg! Dat zijn namelijk allemaal reuzen, terwijl Munkel niet groter is dan een Kriel (een mens in reuzentaal). Maar toch is hij een echte reus, met een mooie, grijze huid met hier en daar een wrat, de ruige wenkbrauwen en vlezige neus van zijn vader en zijn moeders uitpuilende ogen en scheve, gele tanden. Het enige wat er aan Munkel mankeert is dat hij klein is, waardoor zelfs zijn ...more
JeanBookNerd
Sep 25, 2013 JeanBookNerd rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
The premise of Janet Foxley’s funny, clever, and unique story of Muncle Trogg is about a giant who is small…small enough that he could pass for a human. He is constantly picked on and held upside down by his younger brother Gritt and because of his size, he gets bullied by his fellow classmate giants at school.

The book takes the reader on a journey to a whimsical place called Mount Grumble, where the giants live on top and the humans (smallings) live below. Foxley’s rich descriptive text formula
Becky
Dec 03, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it
his is another book that has been nominated for Children's Book of the Year with our Children's Book Group. I am reading all the shortlist first before they are given to the Children. Aimed at 8-12 year olds.
The story of how a small Giant saves the day. I found this book had quite a good message - you can achieve anything you want if you put your mind to it, everyone has a unique talent don't let anyone tell you your not worth it. etc.
Because of the picture on the cover I kept picturing this lit
Kim
Grades 3-5: Poor Muncle. The ten-year-old is the smallest giant in all of Mount Grumble: barely the size of a human. The other kids in school toss him around like a toy, and he'll never get one of the good jobs. On a school field trip to the King's castle, though, Muncle catches the attention of Biblios, wise man to the king. Biblios has Muncle try on some old human clothes so that everyone can get an idea of what a Smalling looks like, and they fit so well that Biblios suggests that Muncle wear ...more
El Templo
Muncle Trogg es el gigante más pequeño del mundo… pero también el más inteligente. Y quizás también el más simpático. Incluso puede que sea el más valiente.

Cuando los Bajini (es decir, los humanos) crearon los «bastones de matar», los gigantes se vieron en inferioridad de condiciones y tuvieron que retirarse a las profundidades del monte Gruñente. Allí viven desde hace siglos y allí ha nacido Muncle Trogg, un gigante tan pequeño, tan pequeño que casi parece un Bajini.

Muncle es un desastre en la
Claire
Jul 02, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it
I picked this up at the library, intrigued by its "soon to be a major motion picture" ad on the front cover. I was a pleasant-enough read-aloud to share with my 6 & 8 year old boys -- at 209 pages, our longest read-aloud yet. The premise: Our titular character is a runty giant that is ever the brunt of jokes and bullying within his giant community. They live inside a volcano's crater (though they are unaware of the concept of volcanoes). They fear Smallings (AKA humans), who everyone knows ...more
Mel Raschke
Muncle Trogg comes from a family of giants, but he doesn't look like his relatives. He is teased and ridiculed for being as short as a Smalling (human), and even his own brother, Gritt, enjoys holding him upside down. When Muncle and his classmates visit a Smalling Museum, he tries on Smalling clothing and is fascinated to find that it fits. Wise Man to the King, Biblios, suggests that he wear the clothes to the king's upcoming birthday party, and Muncle uses this opportunity to sneak off to the ...more
Fernanda Souza
Jul 09, 2015 Fernanda Souza rated it really liked it
Um livro muito bom para crianças que estão na transição de livros infantis - aqueles que tem mais gravuras do que texto - para livros com mais história e menos gravura. Ajuda a lidar também a superação de limites e mostrar que todos tem alguma habilidade que o destaque dos demais, mesmo que as pessoas não acreditem nisso.
Dolores
Jul 05, 2012 Dolores rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. This was a perfectly pleasant fantasy for younger readers. It had humor, action and adventure and plenty of kid appeal. I understand it's been optioned for a movie. I guess I should have liked it more, but it just didn't stand out for me in any way. I liked it just fine. I just didn't love it.
Jordan Dell
Nov 01, 2012 Jordan Dell rated it it was amazing
i loooooooooovvvvvedddddd this booook sooooooooooooo much! muncle is so cute! i wish i was him! even though he is small! if you like fantasy i would read this. muncle has a BIG adventure!
Jasmin
Mar 11, 2013 Jasmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Munkel Trogg - der kleinste Riese der Welt.
Bestes Kinderbuch, das ich seit Jahren gelesen habe.
Ab 9 Jahre.
Audra
Dec 09, 2014 Audra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this on audiobook with the kids. It was a fun read with silly situations. The kids and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'd listen to it again.
Markku Kesti
Jan 21, 2013 Markku Kesti rated it it was ok
Shelves: helpot
Mammuttikoulu oli hauskempi ja Neropatin päiväkirjassa ulkonäkö ei ollut niin pahasti muiden teoilla ratsastamisen näköistä. Ei paskimmasta päästä, mutta vinkkaan vain, jos muuta ei löydy.
Claire O'Brien
May 13, 2014 Claire O'Brien rated it it was amazing
Loved it, Muncle is really sweet and a true hero with what he has to put up with, being a small giant. Loved his adventures and look forward to reading the next one.
Bruce
Feb 10, 2013 Bruce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From squeaks to loud howls and snorts, Wilson’s vocal characterizations and sound effects are superb and greatly add to the fun of this delightfully original fairy tale.
Johnson
Feb 11, 2012 Johnson rated it liked it
this book is interesting and funny. It is about Muncle Trogg, who is an undersized giant and how he saves all the giants living in Mount Grumble from a smalling/human attack.
Misty
Aug 14, 2013 Misty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, books-for-boys
A fun book about a giant who is not so giant. A gentle introduction to the topic of bullying and being different.
Shimmering.blue
Ein schönes Kinderbuch, an manchen Stellen echt eklig. Genau das Richtige für kleine Jungs :-)
Jail
Jail rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Mike Hawk
Mike Hawk rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2012
Kari
Kari rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Karen Taylor
Karen Taylor rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Aafiya Shabir
Aafiya Shabir rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Amy Collins
Amy Collins rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Magicalamity
  • Jeremy Bender vs. the Cupcake Cadets
  • The Unusual Mind of Vincent Shadow
  • Gabriel Finley and the Raven's Riddle
  • Thomas and the Dragon Queen
  • Benjamin Franklinstein Lives!
  • The Grimjinx Rebellion
  • Always October
  • Ghosts and Gadgets - Raven Mysteries (The Raven Mysteries, #2)
  • Highway Robbery
  • Super Happy Magic Forest
  • The Legend of Spud Murphy
  • Diamantmysteriet (LasseMajas detektivbyrå, #1)
  • The Astounding Broccoli Boy
  • East Dragon, West Dragon
  • Jinx's Magic (Jinx #2)
  • The Qwikpick Papers: The Rat with the Human Face
  • Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage

Muncle Trogg (2 books)
  • Muncle Trogg and the Flying Donkey (Muncle Trogg #2)