Start by marking “Muncle Trogg” as Want to Read:
Muncle Trogg

Muncle Trogg

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Giants live on top of Mount Grumble, hidden from humans below. But not all of them are big. Muncle Trogg is so small that he's laughed at by the others for being human-sized. Fed up, he decides to take a look at the 'Smallings' that he's meant to look like. But what he discovers is very surprising indeed...
Published February 1st 2011 by Chicken House (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Muncle Trogg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muncle Trogg

catbooks
Also ich muss schon sagen, wenn es eine Geschichte über den kleinsten Riesen der Welt gibt, möchte ich sie natürlich auch lesen! ♥ Schon nach den ersten Seiten, ist mir klar geworden, dass es sich sich hier um eine besondere Geschichte handelt, bei der sich der kleine Riese Munkel, als Minderheit in der Gemeinschaft der Riesen, bei den Großen durchsetzen muss.
Das Thema des ausgrenzen bzw. des ausgegrenzt werden ist in den Schulen und Kindergärten dieser Welt leider Gottes Alltag und so ziemlich...more
Naomi Meyer
I write this review as a parent. I didn't plan to like this book. My husband read about it and bought it for our six-year-old son. I started reading the book to him as a bedtime story. We both ended up wanting bedtime reading to carry on for a longer time each night. My son loved the action inside the volcano (!); the story touched my heart.
Andreww
Sometimes a film comes out that makes me want to borrow a small child to go see it in the cinema. With my own children now taller than me in both cases, skulking into some animated adventure along with my wife feeling like we really should have grown up by now can be a humbling experience. Short of randomly claiming a couple of those small bodies as our own - effectively buying stranger's children pop-corn! - we either wait until the DVD comes out or hang our heads, flip up our collars so no-one...more
Dawn Finch
What a cracking read! Muncle is a completely adorable character and one that small people (all of whom wish they were giants!) will easily identify with. One particular strength of this book is its read-aloud quality. It works fantastically well as a whole class book and they were hanging on every word.
Becky
his is another book that has been nominated for Children's Book of the Year with our Children's Book Group. I am reading all the shortlist first before they are given to the Children. Aimed at 8-12 year olds.
The story of how a small Giant saves the day. I found this book had quite a good message - you can achieve anything you want if you put your mind to it, everyone has a unique talent don't let anyone tell you your not worth it. etc.
Because of the picture on the cover I kept picturing this lit...more
Kim
Grades 3-5: Poor Muncle. The ten-year-old is the smallest giant in all of Mount Grumble: barely the size of a human. The other kids in school toss him around like a toy, and he'll never get one of the good jobs. On a school field trip to the King's castle, though, Muncle catches the attention of Biblios, wise man to the king. Biblios has Muncle try on some old human clothes so that everyone can get an idea of what a Smalling looks like, and they fit so well that Biblios suggests that Muncle wear...more
JeanBookNerd
The premise of Janet Foxley’s funny, clever, and unique story of Muncle Trogg is about a giant who is small…small enough that he could pass for a human. He is constantly picked on and held upside down by his younger brother Gritt and because of his size, he gets bullied by his fellow classmate giants at school.

The book takes the reader on a journey to a whimsical place called Mount Grumble, where the giants live on top and the humans (smallings) live below. Foxley’s rich descriptive text formula...more
FantasyWereld
Munkel Trog is het buitenbeentje van zijn familie. En niet alleen van zijn familie, van alle inwoners van Bulderberg! Dat zijn namelijk allemaal reuzen, terwijl Munkel niet groter is dan een Kriel (een mens in reuzentaal). Maar toch is hij een echte reus, met een mooie, grijze huid met hier en daar een wrat, de ruige wenkbrauwen en vlezige neus van zijn vader en zijn moeders uitpuilende ogen en scheve, gele tanden. Het enige wat er aan Munkel mankeert is dat hij klein is, waardoor zelfs zijn jon...more
El Templo de las Mil Puertas
Muncle Trogg es el gigante más pequeño del mundo… pero también el más inteligente. Y quizás también el más simpático. Incluso puede que sea el más valiente.

Cuando los Bajini (es decir, los humanos) crearon los «bastones de matar», los gigantes se vieron en inferioridad de condiciones y tuvieron que retirarse a las profundidades del monte Gruñente. Allí viven desde hace siglos y allí ha nacido Muncle Trogg, un gigante tan pequeño, tan pequeño que casi parece un Bajini.

Muncle es un desastre en la...more
Claire
I picked this up at the library, intrigued by its "soon to be a major motion picture" ad on the front cover. I was a pleasant-enough read-aloud to share with my 6 & 8 year old boys -- at 209 pages, our longest read-aloud yet. The premise: Our titular character is a runty giant that is ever the brunt of jokes and bullying within his giant community. They live inside a volcano's crater (though they are unaware of the concept of volcanoes). They fear Smallings (AKA humans), who everyone knows p...more
Mel Raschke
Muncle Trogg comes from a family of giants, but he doesn't look like his relatives. He is teased and ridiculed for being as short as a Smalling (human), and even his own brother, Gritt, enjoys holding him upside down. When Muncle and his classmates visit a Smalling Museum, he tries on Smalling clothing and is fascinated to find that it fits. Wise Man to the King, Biblios, suggests that he wear the clothes to the king's upcoming birthday party, and Muncle uses this opportunity to sneak off to the...more
Dolores
3 1/2 stars. This was a perfectly pleasant fantasy for younger readers. It had humor, action and adventure and plenty of kid appeal. I understand it's been optioned for a movie. I guess I should have liked it more, but it just didn't stand out for me in any way. I liked it just fine. I just didn't love it.
Markku Kesti
Mammuttikoulu oli hauskempi ja Neropatin päiväkirjassa ulkonäkö ei ollut niin pahasti muiden teoilla ratsastamisen näköistä. Ei paskimmasta päästä, mutta vinkkaan vain, jos muuta ei löydy.
Jordan Dell
i loooooooooovvvvvedddddd this booook sooooooooooooo much! muncle is so cute! i wish i was him! even though he is small! if you like fantasy i would read this. muncle has a BIG adventure!
Bruce
From squeaks to loud howls and snorts, Wilson’s vocal characterizations and sound effects are superb and greatly add to the fun of this delightfully original fairy tale.
Johnson
this book is interesting and funny. It is about Muncle Trogg, who is an undersized giant and how he saves all the giants living in Mount Grumble from a smalling/human attack.
Claire O'brien
Loved it, Muncle is really sweet and a true hero with what he has to put up with, being a small giant. Loved his adventures and look forward to reading the next one.
Misty
A fun book about a giant who is not so giant. A gentle introduction to the topic of bullying and being different.
Jasmin
Munkel Trogg - der kleinste Riese der Welt.
Bestes Kinderbuch, das ich seit Jahren gelesen habe.
Ab 9 Jahre.
Shimmering.blue
Ein schönes Kinderbuch, an manchen Stellen echt eklig. Genau das Richtige für kleine Jungs :-)
Carlene
cute book, my daughter and I like this story a bunch
Aisha
finished this quite a while ago
Anna Rose
Anna Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Muncle Trogg and the Flying Donkey The House in the Forest. by Janet Foxley Midsummer Legend