Start by marking “The truth is out there - La guida ufficiale a The X Files” as Want to Read:
The truth is out there - La guida ufficiale a The X Files

The truth is out there - La guida ufficiale a The X Files (The Official Guide to The X-Files #1)

Il libro raccoglie le prime due serie di X-Files, con la descrizione di tutti gli episodi. Bibliografie, foto, etc...
Published 1996 by Bompiani (first published November 23rd 1995)

Be the first to ask a question about The truth is out there - La guida ufficiale a The X Files

Oceana2602
You'd laugh if you knew how important this book was to me back in 1996. Because 1996, for me, was the time before the internet (I'm slow, so what), and before DVDs, and before I knew about fandom, and online episode guides and all the shiny stuff that is out there these days.

1996 was the time when I watched the X-Files with a friend every week, excited and scared and just crazy about it, and really, when I saw the well-known logo on a table in a local bookstore,only an immediate alien abduction
Justin
Aug 08, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hero-worship
Read this encyclopedia of the first season of Fox TV's hit sci-fi classic, X-FILES, alongside the shows themselves, and you'll find that author Brian Lowry--or perhaps the editors--could have taken more time to catalog the very circuitous and complex stories of the show's first season.

Too often, the summaries provided for each episode are either too abbreviated or poorly worded to replace watching the show itself. Would-be fans looking to "speed read" their way through the entire first season of
Megan
May 27, 2015 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a reference/ textbook sort of thing, which covers the first three seasons. I was hoping for more juicy insider information. It does have some, and the project's genesis was really interesting, but after that, it was more of a summary of episodes. I suppose this would have been handier during the time of publishing, when the internet wasn't so quick and comprehensive. Another niggling thing was that it also seemed a bit Duchovny-centric at times; I wish there was more interest or humor in ...more
Kimberly
Like the other behind the scenes X-Files books out there, this one has interesting bits of trivia and interviews. It's fun to read once.
Paul Darcy
Yes, the truth is out there, but not so much in here. This book, published during the hype that was, and for the most part, still is a phenomenon today was obviously made to reach in to viewer’s pockets and make some of their cash disappear.

It covers seasons 1 and 2 episodes completely but only the first 2 episodes of season 3. Written by Brian Lowry, it gives some insight into the creation of the X-files and we learn (like any X-Phile wouldn’t?) That inspiration came from ‘Kolchak, the Night St
Natasha
My brother bought this years ago but left to collect mounds of dust so I'm keeping it for myself..haha. During those times..aliens were BIG and people all become obsessed with anything extra terrestrial. Wah..wishing trends like that came back rather than watching all these stupid reality shows..(sigh).
Christian Scala
Feb 07, 2011 Christian Scala rated it liked it
Shelves: cinema
Della serie : "tutto quello che avreste sempre voluto sapere sul telefilm culto degli anni novanta".

Una guida agli episodi di X-Files con l'aggiunta di tante curiosità, aneddoti e tanto di riassunti delle prime due serie, immancabili anche le riviste, che sono una chicca per ogni vero appassionato.

Per appassionati.
Kevin Gallan
Sep 23, 2009 Kevin Gallan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
171/277
Carol Krueger
I am reliving my obsession, this time as an adult. As I re-watch the X-Files seasons on AmazonPrime, I am enjoying reading the backstories and additional information in the Guide.
Lori
Oct 29, 2007 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informative
I was a huge x-files addict. I went out and bought this in hardcover almost as soon as it came out. It didnt do much for me, very blah.... but it helped calm my craving...
Cupof Tea
Jan 18, 2012 Cupof Tea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
"fact-full" was my best one word description of this book in junior high.
Enrique Peña
Jan 25, 2009 Enrique Peña rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En este libro me entere que toda la serie se filmo en Canadá
Kerry
Jan 10, 2014 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Lafcadio
Aug 12, 2007 Lafcadio rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tami
Characters and episodes through season 3 (it's an old book).
maryluz maita
maryluz maita rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Lyra
Lyra rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
Teresa Roy guillen
Teresa Roy guillen rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
May 10, 2010
Napalmbeth napalmbeth
Napalmbeth napalmbeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2011
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Bilal
Bilal rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2012
Daniel Guerrero
Daniel Guerrero rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Sarah Adamson
Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Grant
Grant rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2014
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2010
Bob
Bob rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Gill Walton
Gill Walton rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
  • Resist or Serve (The Official Guide to The X-Files #4)
  • The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II
  • The Unofficial X-Files Companion: An X-Phile's Guide to the Mysteries, Conspiracies, and Really Strange Truths Behind the Show (X-Files Companion #1)
  • Skin (The X-Files)
  • Antibodies
  • Whirlwind (The X-Files)
  • The X-Files: Fight the Future
  • Humbug (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #5)
  • The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the Myths, and the Movies
  • The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers, Volume II
  • The Real Science Behind the X Files: Microbes, Meteorites, and Mutants
  • Squeeze (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #4)
  • The Simpsons Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Continued
  • Angel: the Casefiles, Volume 1
  • Blood Oath

The Official Guide to The X-Files (6 books)
  • Trust No One (The Official Guide to The X-Files #2)
  • I Want To Believe (The Official Guide to The X-Files #3)
  • Resist or Serve (The Official Guide to The X-Files #4)
  • The End and the Beginning (The Official Guide to The X-Files #5)
  • All Things (The Official Guide to The X-Files #6)