Start by marking “El Deseado de Todas las Gentes” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
El Deseado de Todas la...

Ellen G. White

El Deseado de Todas las Gentes

4.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  836 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
"The Desire of Ages," written by Ellen G. White, gives wonderful insight into the life Jesus Christ's vital ministry of salvation to planet earth. This devotional classic tells the life story of the greatest spiritual leader the world has ever known-Jesus Christ. It does not merely set down a series of remote events; it presents the meaning of them so vividly that you will ...more
Published December 31st 2000 by Remnant Publications (first published 1898)

joy in wonderland
Feb 21, 2009 joy in wonderland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who want to know more about Jesus and find salvation
Recommended to joy in wonderland by: i think pastor doug
Shelves: classic-books
"one of best book ever there is in this world!"

i started reading this book... for about a year and have this battle, struggle and i cant just finish it--- (sigh) just the thought makes me sad, whenever i read each chapter... i kinda stop and reflect, there's so much to grasp in it---, i want to finish it & i would, the next thing you'll know i have it over my read shelf! :)

may God put strength and enlighten my mind with this wonderful book inspired and given by Him!

"In the hearts of
Joseph Lindsay
Mar 23, 2009 Joseph Lindsay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most powerful books I have ever read! In fact the curator for religious books at the Library of Congress says that this is the best portrayal of the life of Jesus he has ever come across. Read it! If you don't have the time or money get it listen to the audio book http://vegemedia.net/audios/egw/mp3Li... Then buy it and read it. There is just so much to take in that you'll never get tired of going over it!
Alexandria Lewis
I read this book once a year. The last time I visited the Library of Congress, I learned that they believe it to be one of the best books about the life of Christ, aside from the Bible.
Christopher
Jul 08, 2010 Christopher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 3rd book in Ellen G. White's Conflict of the Ages series though actually published 2nd. The Desire of Ages takes us from the expectant hope of a Messiah, His birth and how the majority of Israel missed it, his life of ministry in teaching humanity who God is, His passion as he willingly laid down His life to pay the price of our redemption, and lastly his resurrection and ascension to the right hand of God's throne in heaven. No other book has so thoroughly and faithfully dealt with Jesus's ...more
Jimin
Dec 18, 2012 Jimin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The desire of ages is a book about God. This book gave us many means. This book said we should prepare for future of us by praying to God. This devotional classic tells the life story of the greatest spiritual leader the world has ever known—Jesus Christ. It does not merely set down a series of remote events; it presents the meaning of them so vividly that you will feel like you are an eyewitness to what is being described.

I would recommend this book a thousand times over. This book made me trul
Peach
Oct 31, 2012 Peach rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely love this book. I read another version of this book called Man of Peace. It took me about two months to read because it was indeed lengthy. I would read as much chapters as I can daily as part of my devotions. It helped me grow spiritually and I also learned a lot. It tells the whole story of Jesus' human life but also sharing important lessons. I've learned to be patient, humble, and have a different outlook on my life. I definitely recommend this book:)
Steve
The version I read many years ago was called "The Desire of Ages". An amazingly great book. The search for truth never ends, and this is a great addition in the quest. My grandmother gave this to me when I was very young, and it sat among my books unread for over a decade. I promised her I would read it, and I will never regret keeping that promise.
Marna Hand
Mar 18, 2013 Marna Hand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the Bible, this book has been the most important book to me to getting close to Christ. You will absolutely get chills reading this book on the life of Christ, & you WILL have a deeper relationship with our Savior!
John
Nov 03, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to John by: no one
Shelves: read-and-re-read
Asombroso la vida de Cristo en exacto detalle, desde su nacimiento hasta su muerte. Da mucho detalles de los milagros y finalmente habla de su muerte con muchos detalles. Por eso lo he leido muchas veces :D
Jimmy Nyakora
Sep 21, 2013 Jimmy Nyakora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
The Life of Jesus through the eyes of a mother, wife, christian and servant of God.
The Love of God through His Son is so vividly depicted as to capture the imagination and the heart. Truly, God is Love!
Amy
Jul 21, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite all-time spiritual read aside from the source - the Bible. Reading this book is like jumping into a time machine and living the years of Christ's life. So thankful for this author.
Amanda
Dec 12, 2008 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lenghty book on the story of Jesus' short life and the lessons he taught. I loved the concept, but it isn't exactly light reading.
Robyn
Mar 05, 2014 Robyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book around April 2005, took some breaks of setting it aside & then picking it up again. I *finally* finished it in March 5, 2014! It was a gift from some friends at the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Amarillo, after one of their "Prophecy Seminars" they hosted (with Leo Schreven [Am I spelling that right?] as the featured guest lecturer), which stirred my interest. I agree with one of the other reviews that states this book "isn't exactly light-reading". Sister Ellen ...more
Herian Villaruz
Jul 18, 2012 Herian Villaruz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ellen-g-white
tears.
Dan Walker
This is the definitive story of the life of Christ. The author makes Jesus' life come alive in a story format that portrays Him as real in a very believable way. However the author does not gloss over the lessons that Jesus sought to bring home to the hearts of His listeners. They needed to make dramatic changes if their world was going to survive. Jesus wants us to apply those same lessons to our lives, and with the same urgency.

In fact, less than a generation later Jerusalem was destroyed viol
Cynthia
This is the third book in the "Conflict of the Ages" series by Ellen G. White and is the longest. It is truly a classic about the life and death of Jesus. I recommend this to anyone who is new to the Christian faith, or perhaps just in need of a review of why Jesus plays the important role in He does in your life and the world. The words are love-soaked. If you were intrigued by Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of Christ" then you are ready to read the Bible-centered version called "The Desire of ...more
Fran
Insight into the life and thoughts of the Savior. Very moving and inspiring. I've read it several times already. Definitely one of those books you want to read every year... at least once. In beholding, we become changed. This definitely brings out the life of Christ.
Cristiano Sequeira
This is, hands down, the best book I have read in my entire life, with the possible exception of the Bible itself. Never has the life and ministry of Jesus Christ come alive to me in such fashion. Never was I brought to tears by His example. Never were His teachings made so plain and simple to me. This book is a MUST READ for EVERYONE! Especially those who call themselves Christians. You will be amazed by how much better you will understand the character of Jesus. You will also be able to unders ...more
Adrian
Dec 10, 2015 Adrian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book truly breaks down the entirety of Jesus Christ. EGW writes in a way that the lessons that Jesus taught both directly and indirectly show his love and mercy for his fellow man. Each chapter was packed with biblical insight into the character of God revealed through Christ. Personally this book has helped me grow spiritually in ways that I thought weren't possible. To say I recommend this book is an understatement. If you want to understand who and what Jesus Christ is then this book is ...more
Dave
Aug 25, 2007 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, this book is the 5th best book ever written about the life of Christ. (After the four gospels, of course). I first read it in a New Testament class during my sophomore year in high school many years ago. It helped draw me closer to the central figure of my life. Ellen White wrote this book in the closing years of the 19th century, yet it is timeless. I could have easily rated this book 5 stars - wish there was a way to go 4-1/2 stars... I knocked it down one star because of the sc ...more
Christian Bunch
May 13, 2015 Christian Bunch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Stuff

Other people talking about it doesn't do it justice. It really is an awesome book, really glad I bought it.
Diana Rowe
May 16, 2015 Diana Rowe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!
Daniela
Jun 12, 2014 Daniela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un gran retrato de la vida de Jesús. Al leerlo paralelamente con los Evangelios encuentras esos paralelismos y esa extensión necesaria para conocerlo realmente. Hay pasajes que son sublimes, no solo por el contenido de ellos, sino por el estilo de escritura. Aunque es una lectura densa, vale cada día pasado. Cada párrafo es como una pequeña estructura que puede ser independiente por sí misma, al llevar, cada uno, la idea central del libro: dar a conocer a Jesús.
Darlene Roy
Jun 04, 2012 Darlene Roy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book on the life of Jesus - it takes the reader on a journey from his birth to his assension into heaven with the promise of his second coming. It is very in depth and you feel like you are there along with the disciples watching and learning. This book is also a deep read and it took me time to get through it but is was time well spent. I would reccomend this as a must read for anyone interested in the life of Jesus.
Phelicia
Aug 16, 2013 Phelicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is at least my third reading of this amazing book, and definitely a blessing every time I read it. No other book outside of the Holy Bible reveals to love of God for fallen mankind as well as this book. I was touched, amazed, and found myself weeping as I read of my Savior's great sacrifice for me. Read this book, fall in love with Jesus again or for the first time.
Terry
Oct 03, 2010 Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
I have reread this book several times. Each time it inspires and reinforces my Christian experience. It is without doubt the best book written on the lied of Jesus Christ. If you read this book, it will change your life. This time I listened to an audio version called Humble Hero. It is available in mp3 format and free to download.
Debra Pigeon
Jul 23, 2008 Debra Pigeon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
A very good book about the life of Christ. I will re-read this book. It is better than the movie "the passion of the Christ". she deals with from how Christ was raised to how he got the victory in Gethsemane before the cross to His ascension, it exspounds on the Bible and shows the reader Christ in all His glory. Awesome.
Scarlet Drakonin
I don't have the exact read start and finish dates on many books I have read this year. The dates are approximated, as I have been in & out of the hospital, and on bed rest, and read 2-5 books a day depending on the book & length and my ability to focus. All dates are approximated, by month.
Bonnie
Mar 29, 2016 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
White's writing is often a mash of anecdotes with Bible verses and lessons from the life of Jesus shoehorned in. If I had a friend who was interested in Christianity, this is not the best starting point, as it assumes the reader is already familiar with general Christianity and the Bible.
Brenda Mohammed
This is a remarkable and detailed account of the Life of Jesus Christ and what he means to the world.
THe author, Ellen White was well versed with her Bible and explains it all in simple language.
This book should be read by all. We all need to read it. THe world should read it.
Aiossa's Senior 5...: Alyse Teschke book review #2 1 8 Oct 18, 2012 06:24PM
  • The Incredible Power of Prayer
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Survival Japanese: How to Communicate without Fuss or Fear Instantly! (Japanese Phrasebook)
  • Re Entry
  • Ten Commandments Twice Removed
  • At Jesus' Feet: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
  • Project Sunlight
  • Knights
  • Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch