Thirteen

Thirteen (Kobie Roberts #03)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Just thirteen, best friends Kobie and Gretchen are having too good a summer vacation to worry about Madame Zaza's warning of "dark days ahead." There are boys to watch, lipsticks to try, record albums to hear. And a lifelong friendship to keep them busy.

But when school begins, Gretchen starts making big changes. Suddenly she has the right looks, the right clothes, and all

Published December 1st 1986 by Scholastic (first published 1984)

Thirteen by Candice RansomThe Initiation by L.J. SmithThe Captive by L.J. SmithThe Power by L.J. SmithFreshman by Linda A. Cooney
My Favourite Books of the '80s
1st out of 7 books — 4 voters
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherThe Thirteen Problems by Agatha ChristieThirteen at Dinner by Agatha ChristieThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldSleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
Lucky 13
119th out of 163 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Anita
One of my favourites - I still re-read all the time. So funny.
Dawn
At 35 I am probably a little too old to read this now as I can identify with the parents as much as the teens, but it was a fun stroll down memory lane nonetheless. It did bring back many of the feelings of being a teen in junior high back in the eighties and some things made me cringe while others made me smile. I wish it was longer and look forward to reading the other books in the series. When I was twelve, "Going on Twelve" in this series was one of my favorite books and I didn't know at the...more
Erin
I had been looking for this book for years and was thrilled to get an unread copy from PBS...I had first read this when I was in the sixth grade and it really made an impression on me because it seemed to be set in the 60's, according to the Top $0 songs they listened to and the fashions that were "In"... however, it read as if it could be about teenage girls in any decade and was a great tale about two best friends and how one year changes their lives and how they cope. A must for any fans of t...more
Kristine Pratt
I picked this up out of a box of used books the other day and was pleasantly surprised. I think the author captured very well the essence of that confusing time of being thirteen very well. I wish that some of the supporting cast might have been fleshed out more, but as I learned their stories I came to really enjoy getting to know all of them. I would definitely seek out the rest of the series and read it.
Queenie Anne
I have read this book when I was still in 6th grade, just 12 years old. Way back then, I pondered on the scenes I've read on this book, wondered if it will ever happen to me if I turn thirteen myself. Luckily, it didn't. Thank God because I don't want a friend to get hit by a car. :) This is another example of a the-hottie-and-the-nottie story.
Earlier this week, O. unearthed this from one of the boxes of my childhood books in the basement. We were running late for a long car ride yesterday, so I grabbed it on the way out the door. I was pleasantly surprised that it was held up to a re-read as an adult -- and not purely from nostalgia.
Calla Flower
I read this book at least 20 times when i was growing up. my copy has this same silly cover which at this point is completely falling off. this has a special place on my bookshelf.
Rustiana
This book reminds me of my highschool moment, I read it over and over. One of my friend borrowed it but never return it. I wanna read this book again..:(
Amanda
Read this book so many times as a kid that the cover fell off. Would love to find a copy to reminiscence.
Coco Mira
IYEAAAAHHH!!! I've been looking for this book for yearsssssss.
Yusnia septiani
Jul 12, 2007 Yusnia septiani rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
a light story, very easy to read. but it was a very good story
Kami
i liked this book it was good!
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Beatrice Longbottom
Beatrice Longbottom marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Ashley Perez
Ashley Perez marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Kaylie
Kaylie added it
Mar 30, 2014
Hayyu
Hayyu marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Mini Varghese
Mini Varghese marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Lara Lundy
Lara Lundy marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Reese
Reese marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Little Red Riding Hood Amanda (Sunfire, #1) Susannah (Sunfire, #2) Rebel McKenzie Emily (Sunfire, #11)