Start by marking “The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire” as Want to Read:
The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire

The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire (13 Tales)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,462 Ratings  ·  353 Reviews
There’s an allure to vampire tales that have seduced readers for generations. From Bram Stoker to Stephenie Meyer and beyond, vampire stories are here to stay. For those fresh-blooded fans of paranormal romance or for those whose hunt and hunger never dies, these stories have what readers want! This collection of original tales comes from some of the hottest, most popular, ...more
Published (first published July 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Eternal Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eternal Kiss

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was a collection of young adult vampire stories with a definite bite. Quite a few of these stories were disturbing, and the resolutions were fitting with the old school vampire--a predator who kills, often just for survival, and sometimes for less justifiable motives. The fact that these stories involved teenagers makes the stories that much more disturbing, for teenage-hood is a harrowing enough experience already without the influence of the undead!

Although one might consider this paranor
Kristi
Aug 13, 2009 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Although I own quite a few anthologies, The Eternal Kiss was the first I actually read. It was difficult initially, just being shown this short look into what could be a fantastic story and having it end all too soon. Thankfully by the third short story, I was addicted to these little samples of fang-tastic tales.

I loved the variety of writing styles. There were some authors I was familiar with and some ones I was introduced to. I always enjoy reading new authors and divulging in their literary
Carolyn F.
Anthology - vampire stories - YA. I'll give my overall review here. Most of the stories were okay, some a little better than okay some worse than okay. I think this anthology is more geared toward a 15-16 ish reader and I found myself struggling mostly from boredom to finish it. I think my daughter would enjoy it but she's made a pledge to never read anything I've read first. So if I can pretend surprise, "Oh my gosh, this book sure looks interesting honey. I wonder what it's about?" I may get h ...more
Crystal
Oct 31, 2009 Crystal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Having never read an anthology I did not know what to expect, but I thought most of the stories would interest me. I was very wrong. The only story that caught my attention was #6 which Kelly Armstrong wrote. That short story was very different and I would like to see her develop it further. The rest of the collection felt like nothing more than an incomplete thought. I like closure with my books and over half of the ones here did not even come close to delivering that. I was also really interes ...more
Tatiana
As always, only read Kelley Armstrong's short story Kat. Kat - a subject of the experiments performed by the Edison Group - has been on a run for over 10 years. Now, when the group is closing in, will Kat and her vampire guardian be able to escape once again?

Kat is a great addition to the world of Dark Powers. I hope she will be featured in the future books, I'd love to know more about her. Kat makes another appearance in the upcoming anthology Kisses from Hell in a story titled Hunting Kat.

Kel
 Rogue
Jul 01, 2010 Rogue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluffy, reviews
Listen up girls, when a strange boy appears in your room and asks to suck your blood, the answer is not, 'yes,' it's pepper spray and baseball bats!

PEPPER SPRAY & BASEBALL BATS!!!

Keep these items near your bed at all times.
First, spray them in the eyes, then, hit 'em where it hurst ;) with the bat!

To make your own 'paranormal proof' pepper spray, ingedients are as follows (works for normal perps and anything 'out of the ordinary'):

cayenne (red pepper)
mace
garlic powder
liquid silver (not mer
Lexie
For the record, I really don't like the back cover blurb. It wouldn't interest me at all if I wasn't already a fan of most of the authors herein. Stories are reviewed individually as well as an overall comment at the end.

"Falling to Ash" by Karen Mahoney
Moth is a (fairly) new vampire returning home for her mother's memorial service. Unfortunately her sire, Theo needs her to do a job for him that involves reclaiming the ashes of a dead vampire master from a deadly vampire killer. I really liked M
Arlene
The Eternal Kiss
I chose to read a few stories from this anthology because it has a couple of my favorite authors, and to get an sort of entertainment from them, I’m definitely game. I immediately went to Clare and Caine’s stories because they are my standout favorites in this group of writers. Overall, they were entertaining, but not quite to the caliber that I know these ladies are capable of. Fun, but I still wanted more.

Other Boys by Cassandra Clare
3 Stars
This story definitely felt a bit dif
♏argot  (The Bookworm Experiment)

Rating: 3.5 stars

I have several anthologies on my TR list but I rarely get to read them... Still, they're a great way to discover new authors I like!

That's what happened with Kelley Armstrong, whose first story I ever read -- Hunting Kat -- was published on Kisses from Hell. After reading -- and loving -- it, I got curious as to the rest (or rather, the beginning) of the story, which brought me to read "Kat" (published on Eternal Kiss), and also the Darkest Powers trilogy, and other short storie
The Eternal Kiss: 12 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
Edited by Trisha Telep
Age Range: Young Adult

ISBN-13: 9780762437177
Authors included: Holly Black (The Spiderwick Chronicles, Tithe)
• Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty)
• Melissa De La Cruz (Blue Blood)
• Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
• Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires)
• Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie (Wicked)
• Cecil Castellucci (Boy Proof, Queen of Cool)
• Kelley Armstrong (Women of Otherworld)
• Maria V. Snyder
• Sarah Ree
Christina
Probably more of a 2.5, but I'll give it a three because I'm nice like that. I reviewed each story as I read them. You might be able to pick up when I got fed up with vampires.

Falling to Ash by Karen Mahoney: Moth has returned home for her mother's memorial service. Her sire, Theo, decides to take advantage of the situation and send her on a little mission. Action packed and an easy page turner, but the drive behind her family's beliefs did not feel real at all. Added detail that probably could
Tasha
There are 13 short stories in this book:
Falling to Ash by Karen Mahoney
- This is great and definitely made me want to read more of what I felt was a longer story
Shelter Island by Melissa de la Cruz - This story is pretty uneventful, much like her other writing the 'Blue Bloods' series, I would skip it
Sword Point by Maria V. Snyder - If you don't know anything about fencing, this story will get really boring REALLY fast
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - This story was so awesome I
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
This is one of the better anthologies I have read in this genre. They are mostly are complete stories rather than scenes/outtakes from the various writers series. The stories all offer something different, with varying tones, and even though written for YA should please adult fans also.

My favourites were all by authors I haven't read anything by yet:

All Wounds by Dina James .
With this choice I contradict myself because this read as it could be an introduction to a series rather than a short st
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The Eternal Kiss has an amazing variety of authors. This one is a good one to pick up if you like vampire short stories in the YA genre.

My favourite was the Morganville Vampires short story “All Hollows” by Rachel Caine. Even though I haven’t read all of her books from the series, I found myself totally loving this one. It’s told from Eve’s perspective and is much more entertaining than reading from boring old Claire’s point of view.

Another one worth mentioning is Cassandra Clare’s “Other Boys”
Tina
I broke down each story ...

All Hollows by Rachel Caine - 3 stars. Eve (POV) and Michael. Good story, but I'm not all that interested in Eve and Michael's story. Now, if it were Shane and Claire, I'd probably have given it more stars. It was a quick glance into life after Bishop. Can't wait for Fade Out.

Other Boys by Cassandra Clare - 4 stars. Jen is highly intrigued by the new boy that introduces himself as a vampire. She sneaks out of her home, where her strict parents don't allow dating, to b
Izlinda
I picked up this book because I've read/heard of several of the authors, and short story anthologies are pretty cool.

"Falling to Ash" by Karen Mahoney - It wasn't a strong as a beginning to the anthology as I would have liked. I did like reading her "About Author" snippet at the end of the book. Yeah, I agree with wanting to be Buffy so you could kiss both Angel and Spike. :-P Though I wouldn't have minded being Tara, either. She's a sweet person and though she got screwed over majorly, she was
Gabrielle
It was much better than I expected. I don't usually like short stories but there were a few in here that I really like. Unpredictable. Others, not so much. They were still kind of interesting, though.

(Three stars, because, though I did not enjoy all of the stories... I really liked the ones that I did.)

My favorites:
"The Coldest Girl in Coldtown" by Holly Black-- I REALLY want more of this. It was horrid and awesome. I really like how it wasn't fuzzy-bunny vampires. There should be more. Because
Shannon
Sep 06, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow - I was really suprised with the quality stories in this book. I thought a book of short stories would be a great way to find out about some new authors - and I wasn't disappointed at all.
The stories are all YA stories about Vampires - and cover all different tales of love or desire. Each story was completely different, and some were awesome - so much so that I was disappointed they were only a short story.
If you're after little bites of paranormal romance - this is definately worth a look.
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed The Eternal Kiss. I’m not normally a huge YA fan, so a lot of these authors were unfamiliar to me and this was a really good introduction to a lot of them. If you’re looking for something easy to read, but really do not want to invest a lot of time, I would definitely pick up a copy of The Eternal Kiss.

For a more details review on all the stories, please click here.
Tessa
Jul 15, 2014 Tessa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, audiobooks, boring
DNF at 20% [after finishing the 3th story]

Plain, undeveloped short stories. I was hoping this will be a light, fun read, but is so much less. The first story had real potential, but 90% of it nothing happened and then that ending was so not an ending. The other 2 stories were boring and pointless, not to mention predictable. I do admire some of the authors who wrote these short-stories, but they were clearly not at their best while doing so.
Mina Soare
Feb 07, 2010 Mina Soare rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, teen, anthology
Let me make this ADVICE: Don't read stuff good authors wrote into just because you like them. ADVICE: Don't listen to me. I did just that.
I dislike this book to the point where the most I can give is my eternal pity and a hope of good luck for several good authors that managed to put everything(I hope so) they are bad at in those stories and from now on to the end of their writing career will only write good stuff.
Mirena
Aug 06, 2012 Mirena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mirena by: Eleni (OverThePlace)
Favorite Stories:

Sword Point by Maria V. Snyder
fierce heroine, really liked her character

Passing by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié
intriguing, i'd love to read more about this weird group of vampire hunters

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black
Creepy -with a suitable ending though

The thirteenth step - Libba Bray
Spooky. Gave me the creeps from the start to the very ending. Loved it
Kuljit
Nov 04, 2011 Kuljit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of the stories I didn't really much care for. I know they're suppose to be short stories but after reading them, I thought they were incomplete. Others were amazing. Great characters with an exciting plot. There's a good variety of different writing styles and perspectives on the supernatural so I'm positive you'll find at least one story you'll love.
Wickedshizuku
Nov 16, 2015 Wickedshizuku marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans,Urban Fantasy fans, Kim Harrison fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: other anthologies
This is what I've finished so far. My netbook turned retarded, and broke up all of my anthologies into their individual stories.

Wet Teeth by Cecil Castellucci
Ewww now that's a new take on the art of vampire feeding. The plot though was really nice, and reminded me of watching an old black and white movie.
Ladynight
Interesting short stories about vampires. If you are a fan of short stories and vampires these are stories you need to read. That said, let me also add that these stories are short, so by then end you will always want more and expect more (so if you can handle this then go ahead and read it, if not then don't bother, because you will not be satisfy- believe me, I know!!)

Este libro tiene muchas historias cortas acerca de vampiros; si el tema de vampiros te atrae y si eres fan de historias cortas
Georgia
This book was okay, well its thireen stories were okay. The thing that i didnt like was the way the stories were set. Not like Twilight, which has realism, like it could actually happen. This seemed far fetched but people are different to my picky taste. So, i say try it.
Arianna
The beginning wasn't bad. There were some stories that were okay, but the rest was to put it bluntly, utter crap. Stories should not be so boring that people just want t get through with it and are struggling to do so. Once you get about 1/3 of the way through the book, things get terrible from there on. The only story that was spectacular and interesting from start to finish was the story by Rachel Caine, All Hallows. Once you get past that, the stories are really not entertaining at all. The o ...more
Darcy
I only read the stories from authors that I already read. Most of the authors write series and with these stories you get another glimpse into those worlds often from a different point of view than normal.
~Tina~
I've never read an Anthology before and don't usually like short stories since I couldn't find any real closure in them, but this was cool none the less.
Tabi Card
Oct 18, 2014 Tabi Card rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yet another collection of stories that I have fallen in love with. Some weren't that spectacular but I still loved them. I think my favorites though were "The Coldest Girl in Coldtown" (which was interesting seeing that this story was written a few years before Holly Black published a novel titled the same. I found it cool to see that perhaps this was the story that sparked that novel) "Undead is Very Hot Right Now" because I love Christian, and then "Other Boys" by Cassandra Clare because it wa ...more
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Vacations from Hell
  • By Blood We Live
  • Magic in the Mirrorstone: Tales of Fantasy
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.6)
  • Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • The Den of Shadows Quartet (Den of Shadows, #1-4)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Many Bloody Returns
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.
More about Trisha Telep...

13 Tales (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love
  • Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances
  • Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances

“Moonlight was her favorite thing in the world-apart from brown eyes on a good-looking guy” 11 likes
“Sometimes, Johannes would pop his head in the filing room and ask, "Need anything?"
'Yes. I would like you to ravage me here on the floor and swear your undying love to me.'"No. Thanks. I'm good.”
2 likes