Start by marking “Eureka: Road Less Traveled: Road Less Traveled” as Want to Read:
Eureka: Road Less Traveled: Road Less Traveled

Eureka: Road Less Traveled: Road Less Traveled (Eureka #3)

A Global Dynamics researcher has a breakthrough on her project visualizing another dimension. And since GD's experiments have a bad tendency to affect the entire town, Sheriff Jack Carter heads over to check it out. What he sees blows him away. The project has revealed a parallel universe, complete with another Eureka-one in which Carter doesn't exist! But as the two world ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Ace Books (first published February 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eureka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eureka

Michael
In the days before we had access to many of our favorite shows via DVD or streaming, one of the only ways to re-capture the feeling of enjoying an episode or two was via a tie-in novel. Most tie-in novels serve to remind me of why I like a particular show and serve as a nice bubble-gum type of book--enjoyable enough while chewing it, but not something I will necessarily recall long after I'm done.

Such is the case with Eureka: Road Less Traveled.

It's certainly not the worst tie-in novel I've eve
Jim C
Jun 15, 2014 Jim C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book based on the Syfy television show. This book takes place about halfway during the show's run. In this novel, a scientist discovers a way to look into another dimension. This dimension is almost exactly like the dimension that the show takes place in. There are minor differences. With this being Eureka, we all know that with every science project things will go awry and they do with this one.

This was a fun book. This book could have been an episode of the show. The author portrayed the cha
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a really good story a Global Dynamics research has found a way to visualize another dimension. What she and the others see is a near-duplicate Eureka. Carter, though, doesn't exist in that version.
Problems arise when the sound becomes clear between the two towns and the scientists realize that the two realities are being drawn towards each other. More and more of the Eureka 2 city folk are ending up in Eureka 1 and if the process is not stopped the two dimensions could collide and destroy ea
Tracy Jones
Sheriff Carter is an average, every day type of guy that is in charge of keeping a not so average town safe and secure. This is Eureka, a town of America's most talented and intelligent scientists. This is a scientific community that contributes to new discoveries and inventions- and sometimes the experiments and trials can get out of hand! In this adventure in Eureka, someone steals a Thunderbird egg from a laboratory in G.D. Also, a scientist is experimenting on visualizing an alternate dimens ...more
Kerrikoala
I enjoyed the chance to visit Eureka again. It's been almost a year since it went off the air, and I'm missing my favorite town of geniuses. However, the problem with this book is that it was written around the middle of Eureka's run, so it ends up seeming dated. So much about the characters (their relationships, their jobs, etc.) had changed by the end of the show, so it's weird to read about them in a book like this, knowing so much more than the characters do about what's going to happen in t ...more
Cris
Overall, I'd suggest Road Less Traveled to fans of the TV show Eureka. The story was interesting, with sci-fi touches, a bit of humor, and a mixture of action and problem-solving. The characterizations were spot on. And Ramsay integrated previous minor characters and storylines, adding to the world-building for Eureka fans.
Jack
Jul 31, 2016 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More please

I loved the show and these books were a fun read. I hope there are going to be more at some point.
Virginia Rand
Jun 02, 2016 Virginia Rand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tv-tie-ins
I feel like Cris captured the characters much better in this one. :-)
Grant Polachek
I love this show, and I liked the first two Eureka books. This book is definitely the weakest in the series. Nothing really happens until page 110 or so. Then, still, the story meanders. Yet, as the last new piece of Eureka content I'm likely to ever ingest, I'm savoring the characters and enjoying the book as best I can.
Alyssa Pivirotto
So I absolutely love Eureka and I've enjoyed both of the past books written in this universe. But this one didn't really live up the second one (Called Brain Box Blues). It was astonishingly better than the first, but worst than the second. Overall I really liked this book and enjoyed the idea of an alternate universe.
Jaymie
Jan 07, 2014 Jaymie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Fun, fits with the feel of the series.
Carlissa
Aug 27, 2012 Carlissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2012
I love the tv show an am sorry that it has come to an end, but I am glad that books are now being written in the Eureka universe. This one takes place after Zoe has gone to Harvard, but before their trip to '47.
Kim
Oct 31, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
researcher has a break through on being able to see into a parallel dimension. The two Eureka's begin to bleed together. Sheriff Carter must save both Eureka's.
Danie
Jul 15, 2015 Danie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
I'm sad that this is the third Eureka Media Tie in and that means that I'm all done with Eureka books (though, I guess I could try to find the graphic novels).
Shawndra Miller
Shawndra Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Johnny
Johnny marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Mathiass
Mathiass rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Nishita
Nishita marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
michelle rowe
michelle rowe rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Michael Higdon
Michael Higdon marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Patricia Mckelvy
Patricia Mckelvy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Laura added it
Jun 15, 2016
Ericvbrandt
Ericvbrandt marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Mariah Walton
Mariah Walton rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Scott Ryalls
Scott Ryalls marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
  • Warehouse 13: A Touch of Fever
  • Mind-altering Murder (Psych, #5)
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • Primeval: Fire and Water (Primeval, #8)
  • Primeval: The Lost Island (Primeval, #6)
  • Primeval: Shadow of the Jaguar (Primeval, #5)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Do No Harm
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Valhalla
  • Stargate Atlantis: Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Siren Song
  • Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Skin (The X-Files)
  • Torchwood: Rift War
  • Doctor Who: Through Time and Space
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)
  • Doctor Who: The Only Good Dalek
Cris Ramsay is the house name for Aaron S. Rosenberg, an American novelist and game designer.

Originally from New Jersey and New York, Mr. Rosenberg returned to New York City in 1996 after stints in New Orleans and Kansas. He has taught college-level English and worked in corporate graphics and book publishing. Mr. Rosenberg lives in New York City with his family.
More about Cris Ramsay...

Eureka (3 books)
  • Eureka: Substitution Method (Eureka, #1)
  • Eureka: Brain Box Blues (Eureka, #2)