Sarah and The Sheriff (Return to the Double C Ranch) (Silhouette Special Edition #1819)

Sarah and The Sheriff (Return to the Double C Ranch) (Return to the Double-C Ranch #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The hometown hero returns... And for Sarah Clay, that was the bad news--because Max Scalise had rejected her outright seven years ago. And now Max was back in Weaver, working as a sheriff and "everywhere" she turned. His slightest touch still caused her traitorous body to quake, but Sarah knew better. Didn't she?

When it came to Sarah, Max was as much in love with her as ev...more
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published April 1st 2007 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2007)

Isis FG
Jul 07, 2008 Isis FG rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Isis FG by: random buy
Despite the cheesy title, this was a good short romance to read. Just enough emotional angst too keep it from being sappy, but still a bit sweet and a hint of a plot to give the story a little depth. I enjoyed the characters and the romance. The only thing that I would have liked was a better angle on the family (who were part of the authors previous Double C Ranch series). I got a little lost on who was who. But otherwise, I liked the book. Didn't love it, but I liked enough.
Yona
This was one beautifully written story.

This is the first book I read from this author and I must say I enjoyed it a lot. This kind of plot is my favorite kind. And the end was just wonderful. At first I wasn't sure about Max, but he did what he thought was right at the moment and with a finish like this I just forgave him. I don't say this very ofter but maybe they needed this 7 years of separation - both of them to do their things and in the end to find a way to each other again. Staring a fami...more
Nancynova
rabck from mojzisek; Sarah had a brief affair with Max in California, then watched him break it off abruptly and marry another woman with a baby. So, she takes her broken heart back to Weaver and becomes a teacher, rarely dating and never marrying. Now Max and his son are back in town - his wife died - and he's living with his Mom after hip surgery. And because Eli is in Sarah's third grade class, and she's the only third grade teacher, there's just no avoiding Max or his family.
Jodi
The story was a bit predictable but it was just a nice relaxing read. I do think its really strange seeing the original Clays being old enough to be talking about retirement and things like that. Hard to picture them as getting older after enjoying their stories
Linda
This is part of Ms. Leigh's "Return to the Double C Ranch" which is part of her earlier series "Men of the Double C Ranch". They are just as good as her earlier books. If you like sweet romances this book and these series are for you.
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
(Mrs B's Books) Emily
(Mrs B's Books) Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Mar 13, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Christiane
Christiane marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Weaver Wedding Stay... A Weaver Baby The Bride and The Bargain Fortune's Proposal