Start by marking “Style Clinic” as Want to Read:
Style Clinic

Style Clinic

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fashion's best-kept secrets from London's leading fashion authority

Why is it that simply getting dressed in the morning can be a bewildering experience? Last month's must-haves date you faster than a frizzy perm, and before the credit-card bill is paid, some expert is telling you your latest fashion fantasy is now "so last season." The more you buy, the less it seems you h...more
Published May 12th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Style Clinic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style Clinic

Monica
Nicely laid out with practical advice for a lady trying to wean herself from fast fashion and develop a wardrobe like a grownup. Great sections on tips for fashion in each decade of wear. I would still recommend this for someone who's hit 30 or up, but there's wonderful bits here that I think anybody could use.

A.
Perfect book if you're looking to build a wardrobe and want to know how to check for quality before you buy. I also like how it gives plenty of information for full-figured or petite women.
Katie  Kurtz
Okay so - yes I'm 38 and I have dressed myself for a very long time but I always felt like I was missing something about style. This book was the key to learning how to put an outfit together.

It also helped me become more strategic about shopping - having basics that are less expensive and adding accessories and shoes to spiff things up. I can't believe I'm saying all this but - if you need to get nerdy about fashion, this is good way to start.

Oh - and it's skewed more toward ladies with lots...more
Susie
This book was great at helping declutter your closet and start building a closet of clothes that you'll actually wear. I really appreciated the parts on shopping for particular items (what to look for), what to spend a lot on and what to get cheap and the advice that you don't have to have a lot of clothes to have a good wardrobe. There are quotes throughout the book that I thought were fun and a nice touch.
Sherri
A lot of information packed in this. I wish they would've kept each section arranged by body type so you don't have to sift through every single one and you could get right to what you want.
Mary Keck
Jewelry:
The French believe a woman's life story lies in her jewelry box. Every milestone, heartbreak, triumph, and great love, every sentimental and silly moment is represented there.

Some pointers for petites:
* Wearing horizontal lines will shorten you even more.
* Avoid wearing clothes at your natural waistline. If you lower the waistline it will make you r torso look longer and narrower.
* Skinny sleeves set in a high armhole are the most flattering.
* Slim pants cropped at the nkle will add val...more
Sonja Isaacson
I don't think the subtitle quite holds up. There is 1 chapter on age and nothing on specific occasions. It's pretty focused on three types of dressing: professional, casual and evening. Hopefully all your occasions can fit into one of those. I was pretty tempted to give this 5 stars though and she does have a lot of information and at least generally, easily laid out. The problem is that she has all these bullet points regarding specific body types... and of course I'm not most of them. So it wo...more
Paula Hartman-Carlo
Nothing I didn't already know.
Kerry
This is a great book -- discusses wardrobe basics, emphasizes how less is more, and helps you determine the right shapes for your body. I would have given it 5 stars if it covered more on mixing colors and using color palettes for your skin tone, and more in depth on shoes. While I knew a lot, this book really helped me to think more about my personal style rather than focus on how to incorporate current trends.
K. Jonee
I read this book originally for advice on style and I will say that some of the information was good, but overall I wasn't too impressed with it. I am a fashion lover and most of the information was for a person who may be trying to learn about how to dress, not someone who just needs tips on certain things
Cortney
Good updated book on fashion tips! I wish the pictures they showed would've stated which Designer the model was wearing, but other than that good tips!
C Jay
C Jay marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Simona
Simona marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Millicent Bernice
Millicent Bernice marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Rhea Andreea
Rhea Andreea marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Deigo
Deigo marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Yana
Yana is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2014
Monda (Maha)
Monda (Maha) marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Elena
Elena added it
Jul 28, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 18, 2014
Karen Marshall
Karen Marshall marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
More about Paula Reed...
Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1960's Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1950's Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1970's Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1990's Fifty Fashion Looks that Changed the 1980's