Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Shift : 13 Exercises to Make You Who You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
Shift : 13 Exercises to Make You Who You Want to Be
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Shift : 13 Exercises to Make You Who You Want to Be

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  168 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
It's not that you're lazy, and it's not that you lack motivation. No, you have plenty of motivation, but it always seems to fade away just when you need it. This book takes knowledge and inspiration from motivation specialists and distills it into something easy to understand. Thirteen exercises and seventeen techniques illustrate points to help you take the steps to keep, ...more
Hardcover, 207 pages
Published 2011 by One Peace Books
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Shift , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shift

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
جمانه الماجد


الكتاب جميل جداُ
ويعتبر قصير مقارنة بالكم الهائل من المعلومات و إجاباته على اسئلة كثيره لي ,

يعطيك فناعه لكل خطوة في كتابه

_ من اجمل الكتب Shift by Takumi Yamazaki
مهنا
Jun 30, 2013 مهنا rated it it was amazing
قرأت النسخة العربية ..
كتاب مهم و مميز رغم حجمه الصغير . يركز على أن التغيير يحدث في اللاشعور أولاً و في صورتنا الذهنية عن أنفسنا ، ومن ثم ينعكس هذا التجديد على سلوكنا و مسار حياتنا ! و يتحدث عن قانون الجذب بطريقة جديدة و بسيطة من ناحية انتباه العقل لما يركز عليه ، وليس العقل يجذب ما يركز عليه ! الكتاب مليء بالرسومات و الحس الفني المحفز للقارئ على التفاعل بحرية و تلقائية . انا شخصيا ملأت الكتاب برسوماتي التوضيحية مما عزز روابطي مع المحتوى.
أحببت جملتين تدور حولها فلسفة يامازاكي " أروع الأمور تحد
...more
Majed
Aug 19, 2013 Majed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
زعلان من نفسك ؟
متضايق انك ما بتسوي شي ؟
حاسس الناس كلها احسن منك ؟
شايف انك اسوأ واحد ؟
هذا كتابك !!
jumana
Mar 29, 2014 jumana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
من أجمل كتب تطوير الذات, فبالرغم من عدد صفحاته القليلة إلا انه يحتوى عدد هائل من الدروس والتطبيقات الفعالة ستشعر بالنتيجة سريعاً . ما أحبتته حقاً بهذا الكتاب ان الشروحات تتسم بالقصر لكنها سهلة الفهم ولذلك لم أشعر بالملل اطلاقا اثناء القراءة .
Anfal Almoaibed
May 31, 2013 Anfal Almoaibed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كثير من التطبيقات مفيد وسهل مختصر أشياء واجد ويعطيك الزبدة جميييييييييييل
ريم
Mar 21, 2013 ريم rated it it was amazing
قرأت النسخة العربية من الكتاب . أنصح الجميع بقرائته حيث أنه يوضح طريقة تهيئة العقل للتحول و التغيير و أشياء أخرى مفيدة.
Maria
Feb 06, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it
A motivational self-help book. Very easy and quick to read. Takumi Yamazaki brings together tried and trusted methods of motivational techniques in a handy reference book for those who want to better themselves. Although the book seems to be geared more towards people who want financial or business success, I think some of the ideas in the book and motivational methods could also assist in general to improve self-confidence.

The idea behind the book is that many people have a poor self-image, and
...more
Dan
Sep 15, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
The book is an extremely quick read. I read it in two sittings, totaling about 3 hours. Yamazaki explains that in order to make your shift, you need to address three areas: your self-image, your mental homeostasis, and scotoma, or a blind spot. A chapter is spent on each one of these admittedly obscure terms, with explanations and shift exercises (for individuals or groups) to help you in your quest. The next sections discuss coming up with a crazy dream that you'd love to achieve, then working ...more
Mohammed Rashed
May 14, 2015 Mohammed Rashed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
قرأت عدة كتب عن تطوير الذات .. عربية وإنجليزية .. وللأسف دائماً ما أملّ منها بسرعة، وأشعر بأنها مبتذلة ومتكلفة، تشعرك بأنك ذكي وعظيم و و ، ولكن للأسف لا تعني شيئاً

ودافعي يقل نحو شراء و قراءة كتب تطوير الذات لأني أشك في مصداقية مؤلفيها، ولأنها سهلة الكتابة والتأليف نسبياً، فتشك هل هم ألفوها فعلاً لمصلحة الناس أولاً أم لجيوبهم أولاً

ولكن على العموم، هذا الكتاب رائع وسهل ومفيد وغير مبتذل
أراه مختلف عن باقي الكتب التي اطلعت عليها، هناك تقنيات في وسط الكتاب، تستطيع أن تعود إليها وقتما تكون محبطاً أو ض
...more
Lujain
Jun 28, 2013 Lujain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
الكتب من النوع هذا يعطيك دافع للانجاز والتغير ومن المهم تجديد حماسنا بقرأة او سماع كلمات محمسة بين فترة وآخرى وكما قال الكاتب " المشكلة ليست عدم وجود دافع لديك وإنما المشكلة هي أن الدافع لا يبقى معك لفترة كافية" وايضا يحتوي الكتاب على تمارين تطبيقيه تدعم نظرياته وتساعدك على معرفه نفسك وتجديد حماسك واهدافك اما محتوى الكتاب النظري ليس بجديد علي ومكرر لكن طريقة العرض والرسومات تشفع له
Alaa Alhazmi
Sep 21, 2014 Alaa Alhazmi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
نتهيت من قراءة الكتاب بيوم واحد، الكتاب اثر بي كثيراً، اكتشفت بعض الاسباب الكثيرة التي اقع فيها واخسر الحماس لفعل اي شيء جديد، نوع الكتاب جداً محفز للذات ومسلي من حيث وجود التدريبات والرسومات البسيطة.

وايضاً بسبب الكاتب الياباني تاكمى يامازاكي سيرته الذاتية تدفعك لقراءة جميع كتبه.
نجلاء العريفي
علقان في الحياة وتعاني من الركود و الإحباط؟ ضع عينيك على الهدف والطريق سيسلك.
Alaa Saleh
Jul 20, 2013 Alaa Saleh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book latest major change in my personality.
the writer's style is beautiful and convincing
I love it.
Ali Younes
Jun 29, 2015 Ali Younes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amaiziiiing
Jane
Apr 19, 2011 Jane rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
Where I got the book: won from LibraryThing as an Early Reviewers giveaway.

As I worked my way through Shift, I kept wondering if Takumi Yamazaki had read The Secret. There are some definite echoes of The Secret in this small tome, Yamazaki's debut in the Western self-help industry (he is, apparently, "a best selling author in Japan").

Or maybe he hasn't read The Secret. Maybe this style of self-help philosophy is just in the zeitgeist, a result of a generation that has been told, and told, and to
...more
Jennifer (JC-S)
Feb 18, 2011 Jennifer (JC-S) rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
‘The easiest thing to change is yourself…’

The motivation we each need to effect change can sometimes be difficult to find. In this self-help book, Takumi Yamazaki provides thirteen exercises and seventeen techniques aimed at enabling you to obtain, retain or maintain the motivation you need in order to change (shift) your self-image so that you can become the person you want to be.

So, how does Takumi Yamazaki address the issue of motivation, and what insights does he offer? He begins by discussi
...more
Chibineko
Mar 02, 2011 Chibineko rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of receiving a copy of this to review & distribute in a giveaway (so I wasn't able to keep it).

The book has several great points to it that are sure to help out many people searching for a way to improve themselves overall. I have to admit that I'm not always one for self help books because many times they tend to get a little condescending and/or use all sorts of psychotherapy lingo that can't help but distance you from the book. (I know that's usually the case with me.)
...more
Wendy Hines
Jun 29, 2013 Wendy Hines rated it really liked it

Motivation. I have it but sometimes I have a hard time finding it or retaining it. Takumi Yamazaki has written an easy to read and follow along book about how to Shift - make yourself into what you want to be, how you want to be. He talks about our subconscious and our consciousness - what you perceive and what really is. He talks about self-image. Act like you are what you want to be, and you will be that person.

There are thirteen exercises in the book that will help you change the place you a
...more
Britni
Jun 18, 2011 Britni rated it it was ok
The full title of the book is Shift: 13 exercises to make you who you want to be. I was expecting 13 written out, well-defined exercises for me to do to get some motivation and put my life back on track. It started out well; at first I thought the book was going to be about shifting my perspective and teaching me to think about things in a different way, which is where the first half was leading me. But around the middle of the book I got lost and couldn't figure out again what the purpose of th ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it really liked it
Do you lack motivation? I think we all do at times. The desire to be more or do more is there but we just can’t seem to sustain the effort.

Really, there are two questions that we have to ask ourselves. First, do we really want to do this action or make this change? For instance, do you really want to lose weight or would you prefer to eat that chocolate bar?

Then, comes the big question. If we really do want to change how do we stay motivated long enough to do so? How do we make something diffic
...more
B.K. Walker
Jun 06, 2011 B.K. Walker rated it it was amazing
Shift by Takumi Yamazaki was brilliant. This title made perfect sense and anyone would be able to make a shift in their lives after reading this book.

Yamazaki is a world known motivational speaker and after reading Shift I can see why. He will teach you how to make a "Shift" in your thinking, actions, and daily living in such a way that you will completely understand. Through exercises, examples, and simply changing the way you word your sentences, it can't get much easier.

This is a fast paced,
...more
Star
Apr 05, 2012 Star rated it liked it
Shift starts out with some definitions: self-image, how it's created, our blind spots, and our ability to stay status quo - all of the things which can make motivation and success difficult. The exercises and techniques given to help find and keep your motivation can be done in a group or individually. I thought that overall, the message that the author is trying to convey in Shift is very good and important; however, I do believe that some of it may have been lost in the translation from the au ...more
sky92
May 09, 2014 sky92 rated it it was amazing
قرائته بنسخته العربي
انصح الجميع بقرائته

من الكتاب:
"لذلك في المره التالية التي تقسو على نفسك لفقد حماستك, تخلص فقط من كل المشاعر السلبيه
وقل لنفسك ان استقرارك الداخلي هو الذي يفعل ذلك
لو كنت قد علمت بذلك وانا في سن اصغر لعشت حياة اسهل بكثير"
Ghadeer Kja
Jan 24, 2013 Ghadeer Kja rated it it was amazing
كتاب خفيف ولطيف. مشجع جدا.. قرأته في ساعتين منفصلتين.. أعطاني دافع قوي لان اعدل وأغير من حياتي الكثير واتخذ قرارات صارمة اعلم على المدى البعيد انها سليمة.. الترجمة جداً سليمة وغير معقدة ولا ركيكة.. أعجبني الكاتب وسأبحث له عن كتب اخرى..
Thuraya Yassin
Sep 06, 2016 Thuraya Yassin rated it really liked it
simple and pointed i love it ♡
77
Jul 11, 2016 77 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
للأسف قرأته وماكان هدفي واضح وقتها
✘علـياء
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Khadeejah Nawwab
نقصت نجمتين للاخطاء الاملائية في الكتاب جابلي الجنان
Laylaalramadan
Nov 16, 2014 Laylaalramadan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
نفسي اقراء الكتاب
Cheahlam
Jun 04, 2014 Cheahlam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
nice
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • The Twelve Universal Laws of Success
  • Ladies and Gentlemen...The Redeemers
  • Digger's Bones
  • الحريم: رحلة حب
  • The Art of Cinema
  • B-Sides and Broken Hearts
  • Escape to Challenge (Moondark Saga, #1)
  • How to Write More Words More Easily
  • The Case of the Killer Divorce (Jamie Quinn Mystery #2)
  • Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers Like You
  • Soul Searching: A Girl's Guide to Finding Herself
  • Enver Hoxha
  • The Way of the Storyteller
  • Create A Powerful Life Plan! 3 Simple Steps to Your Ideal Life
  • Patriarch Run
  • Piano from a 4th Storey Window
  • A Girl's Guide To Modern European Philosophy
  • Beloved
Takumi Yamazaki is a best selling author in Japan. He has authored ten successful titles in the category of business which have sold a cumulative total of over eight hundred thousand copies. A self-made millionaire, Takumi travels around the world giving seminars on motivation. He presently lives in Tokyo, Japan.
More about Takumi Yamazaki...

Share This Book