Start by marking “Shift” as Want to Read:
Shift

Shift

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published 2011 by One Peace Books

To ask other readers questions about Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shift

مهنا
قرأت النسخة العربية ..
كتاب مهم و مميز رغم حجمه الصغير . يركز على أن التغيير يحدث في اللاشعور أولاً و في صورتنا الذهنية عن أنفسنا ، ومن ثم ينعكس هذا التجديد على سلوكنا و مسار حياتنا ! و يتحدث عن قانون الجذب بطريقة جديدة و بسيطة من ناحية انتباه العقل لما يركز عليه ، وليس العقل يجذب ما يركز عليه ! الكتاب مليء بالرسومات و الحس الفني المحفز للقارئ على التفاعل بحرية و تلقائية . انا شخصيا ملأت الكتاب برسوماتي التوضيحية مما عزز روابطي مع المحتوى.
أحببت جملتين تدور حولها فلسفة يامازاكي " أروع الأمور تحد
Maria
A motivational self-help book. Very easy and quick to read. Takumi Yamazaki brings together tried and trusted methods of motivational techniques in a handy reference book for those who want to better themselves. Although the book seems to be geared more towards people who want financial or business success, I think some of the ideas in the book and motivational methods could also assist in general to improve self-confidence.

The idea behind the book is that many people have a poor self-image, and
Dan
The book is an extremely quick read. I read it in two sittings, totaling about 3 hours. Yamazaki explains that in order to make your shift, you need to address three areas: your self-image, your mental homeostasis, and scotoma, or a blind spot. A chapter is spent on each one of these admittedly obscure terms, with explanations and shift exercises (for individuals or groups) to help you in your quest. The next sections discuss coming up with a crazy dream that you'd love to achieve, then working ...more
ريم
قرأت النسخة العربية من الكتاب . أنصح الجميع بقرائته حيث أنه يوضح طريقة تهيئة العقل للتحول و التغيير و أشياء أخرى مفيدة.
Wendy Hines

Motivation. I have it but sometimes I have a hard time finding it or retaining it. Takumi Yamazaki has written an easy to read and follow along book about how to Shift - make yourself into what you want to be, how you want to be. He talks about our subconscious and our consciousness - what you perceive and what really is. He talks about self-image. Act like you are what you want to be, and you will be that person.

There are thirteen exercises in the book that will help you change the place you a
Jane
Where I got the book: won from LibraryThing as an Early Reviewers giveaway.

As I worked my way through Shift, I kept wondering if Takumi Yamazaki had read The Secret. There are some definite echoes of The Secret in this small tome, Yamazaki's debut in the Western self-help industry (he is, apparently, "a best selling author in Japan").

Or maybe he hasn't read The Secret. Maybe this style of self-help philosophy is just in the zeitgeist, a result of a generation that has been told, and told, and to
Chibineko
I had the pleasure of receiving a copy of this to review & distribute in a giveaway (so I wasn't able to keep it).

The book has several great points to it that are sure to help out many people searching for a way to improve themselves overall. I have to admit that I'm not always one for self help books because many times they tend to get a little condescending and/or use all sorts of psychotherapy lingo that can't help but distance you from the book. (I know that's usually the case with me.)
Jennifer (JC-S)
‘The easiest thing to change is yourself…’

The motivation we each need to effect change can sometimes be difficult to find. In this self-help book, Takumi Yamazaki provides thirteen exercises and seventeen techniques aimed at enabling you to obtain, retain or maintain the motivation you need in order to change (shift) your self-image so that you can become the person you want to be.

So, how does Takumi Yamazaki address the issue of motivation, and what insights does he offer? He begins by discussi
Britni
The full title of the book is Shift: 13 exercises to make you who you want to be. I was expecting 13 written out, well-defined exercises for me to do to get some motivation and put my life back on track. It started out well; at first I thought the book was going to be about shifting my perspective and teaching me to think about things in a different way, which is where the first half was leading me. But around the middle of the book I got lost and couldn't figure out again what the purpose of th ...more
Tami
Do you lack motivation? I think we all do at times. The desire to be more or do more is there but we just can’t seem to sustain the effort.

Really, there are two questions that we have to ask ourselves. First, do we really want to do this action or make this change? For instance, do you really want to lose weight or would you prefer to eat that chocolate bar?

Then, comes the big question. If we really do want to change how do we stay motivated long enough to do so? How do we make something diffic
حـ لم
قرائته بنسخته العربي
انصح الجميع بقرائته

من الكتاب:
"لذلك في المره التالية التي تقسو على نفسك لفقد حماستك, تخلص فقط من كل المشاعر السلبيه
وقل لنفسك ان استقرارك الداخلي هو الذي يفعل ذلك
لو كنت قد علمت بذلك وانا في سن اصغر لعشت حياة اسهل بكثير"
B.K. Walker
Shift by Takumi Yamazaki was brilliant. This title made perfect sense and anyone would be able to make a shift in their lives after reading this book.

Yamazaki is a world known motivational speaker and after reading Shift I can see why. He will teach you how to make a "Shift" in your thinking, actions, and daily living in such a way that you will completely understand. Through exercises, examples, and simply changing the way you word your sentences, it can't get much easier.

This is a fast paced,
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Shift starts out with some definitions: self-image, how it's created, our blind spots, and our ability to stay status quo - all of the things which can make motivation and success difficult. The exercises and techniques given to help find and keep your motivation can be done in a group or individually. I thought that overall, the message that the author is trying to convey in Shift is very good and important; however, I do believe that some of it may have been lost in the translation from the au ...more
Ghadeer Kja
كتاب خفيف ولطيف. مشجع جدا.. قرأته في ساعتين منفصلتين.. أعطاني دافع قوي لان اعدل وأغير من حياتي الكثير واتخذ قرارات صارمة اعلم على المدى البعيد انها سليمة.. الترجمة جداً سليمة وغير معقدة ولا ركيكة.. أعجبني الكاتب وسأبحث له عن كتب اخرى..
Ma
Ma marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Asmaa
Asmaa marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
هـبـة
هـبـة marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Ghada
Ghada marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Karim Tarek
Karim Tarek marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Maysa
Maysa marked it as to-read
Doaa
Doaa marked it as to-read
Karima
Karima is currently reading it
Raghad
Raghad added it
Nov 14, 2014
Rihaf
Rihaf is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2014
Malak Aldajam
Malak Aldajam is currently reading it
Nov 09, 2014
Joseph Encarnacion
Joseph Encarnacion marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Aldalal
Aldalal marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Reem Al-Shuaibi
Reem Al-Shuaibi marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Yaruki No Suitchi Jissen Seminā: Kinō No Yaruki O Kyō Dasenai Hito E Yaruki No Suitchi! =Switch Of Spirit Shift: 13 Exercises to Make You Who You Want to Be