Start by marking “Medjugorje The Message” as Want to Read:
Medjugorje The Message

Medjugorje The Message

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  39 reviews
With refreshing candor and self-deprecating humor, Wayne takes the reader with him on the adventure to Medjugorje that radically and permanently changed his life. You will discover the apparitions of the Blessed Mother along with him, as he chronicles the ways that the Virgin Mary continues to speak to the world today from Medjugorje.

This is the bestselling book on Medjug
Published July 1st 1989 by Paraclete Press

To ask other readers questions about Medjugorje The Message, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medjugorje The Message

Annie White
I read this book after attending a church group/meeting that consisted of a rosary and message with Ivan one of the visionaries. After witnessing him converse with the Blessed Mother, I became very curious about Medjugorje & picked up a few books on the topic & this wad one of them. It really is a good book to get a general feel for what Medjugorje is or maybe what to expect. It is the authors calling to Medjugorje & what he went through to get there. It is a very good read, I loved ...more
I've read many books on the subject of Medjugorje, but this is the first one written by a non-Catholic. Its wonderful, insightful and very well written. I'll let you know if he converts or not when I get to the end. But, he has found that the world saw Mary before it saw Jesus.

Okay, today I finished the book. He hadn't changed religions yet, but he has been converted. He and his wife and kids now pray the Rosary daily, attend Mass now and then(mostly when they are in Medjugorje), but the real c
Summary: Wayne Weible was a happy protestant, oblivious to what all the hype was about the Blessed Virgin, until a friend came to speak at his Church. He was called to go to Medjugorje and to spread her message. He wrote a few small articles for a local free newspaper and had such overwhelming response that he realized he was meant to dedicate his life to spreading Our Lady's Message at Medjugorje, though his book and speaking.

Review: This book was a well-written, journalistic account, of the ap
Medjugorje Book Reviews
Just a great book. Wayne is a tremendous, engaging author. I think this book is most-appropriate for those who have felt a calling to learn more about Medjugorje, and especially for those whom Medjugorje has become central in their lives. Our Lady of Medjugorje's messages are so important to me now and I found many common threads between my story of learning about the messages and Wayne's.
This book was loaned to me when I most needed it, but didn't realize it. Weible's story truly opened my eyes and helped me renew my faith. Its message is not easy to follow at times, but I now understand that everything worth living for is worth fighting for. Thank you, Mr. Weible, for helping me grow closer to God, Jesus, and Mary the Blessed Mother. This sincerely is a life-changing book.
I was excited to get this book, having heard so much about it. It just wasn't exactly what I expected. I wanted to know every detail about the miracle that is happening in my time, but as it applies to all of us, not just to one person. This book is one person's personal story. It is well written, and an easy read.
This book portrays a significant aspect of Catholicism--the messages of the Virgin Mary. It is geared mainly towards those who believe in the faith but since it is told from a Protestant's perspective, it could be said that it is an objective telling.
This was a fabulous book. Wayne Weible writes in such a way as to pull you personally into Medjugorje & to allow the reader to practically "feel" Our Blessed Mother's love for us.
I can't wait to read his next book.
I love this book. It not only gives historical account of what when on in Medjugorje during the early years of the apparitions but also tells a wonderful story of the author's own conversion.
Louise Hall
Loved this book written with beautiful honesty. A must read for anyone curious to know about the alleged apparitions in Medjugorje.
While I enjoyed the book, I intended to read about Medjugorge to determine what exactly has been occurring there over the past 20-some years. This book doesn't serve that purpose at all, as Wayne Weible is an advocate and a convert because of his experiences with the people and the place. I finished the book but realized I would have to continue my research elsewhere to make up my own mind about the apparitions. The Internet has many different sites dedicated to Medjugorge and the people to whom ...more
Ashley Chevalier
Wow .. what insight.. incredible!!! It was such an inspiring book... makes me want to be a better person....
A lady at my church gave me this book. It's her way of spreading the message of Medjugorje, a small, obscure village in what used to be central Yugoslavia. I had heard of it but knew very little about it. After reading this book, I feel informed about how Medjugorje came to be a famous spiritual place where pilgrims from all over the world seek out the Holy Spirit to lead them in faith.

Wayne Weible is a wonderful Christian writer, journalist, husband, father, and speaker who has experienced Medj
Konstanty Pawlowski
I enjoyed this book, but it got a little bit repetitive because the author kept on repeating most of the same information over and over. Overall, I enjoyed the book and I recommend it for anybody who wants to read a religious book.
Interesting read...first account I've seen written by a Protestant.
So, it took me 6 months to read this book. But I did enjoy it! My love and devotion for Our Blessed Mother has been growing, especially within the last few years. I have always had an affection for her, and the seeds were certainly planted when I was a child, but that flower of love is truly blossoming in my life right now. I love reading about Mary, because it allows me to get to know her a bit better as a true mother of us all. What is happening in Medjugorje is truly amazing, and I enjoyed re ...more
Awesome! Life changing!
I enjoyed the beginning of the book but towards the end it seemed to become egocentric and the narrative was difficult to follow. The author seemed to jump from different times, places, and people. It was difficult to keep straight what he was talking about. It would be a decent book to introduce someone to the idea of Medjugorje and for a Catholic, it gives a little bit of an inside look into Protestant religious beliefs. Particularly as these beliefs pertain to the Catholic church.
Very inspiring and made me look at my way of life. Need to be changing some things!!
My rating is in reference to the quality of the writing and is not meant in any way to suggest a lack of belief in "The Message". I am convinced that the skeptics will remain skeptical and the believers will continue to believe. The primary message is one of peace and love of our fellow man.
A real look into the Blessed Mother, Medjugorje, and the rosary. There are everyday miracles. Brings to mind many things I remember about being Catholic and watching my grandmother pray the rosary.
It was interesting, but after I got halfway, I got tired of just reading about Wayne Weible's experiences and rah-rah's and wanted more about the visionaries' experiences.
would rate the writing 3.5 but the subject a 5. I believe that as a society we are too fast to write miracles off as crazy or unbelievable.
Dianne Schettl
well, this is an amazing book. There were things I never thought of, this writer knew what he needed to do and did it, awsome book
A friend gave me this book to read, was unsure if I would enjoy it. Well once I got into it, it was hard to put down.
A few of my friends have made the pilgrimage to Medjugore. They inspired me to read this book. Beautiful.
An amazing story of the miraculous appearance of Mary to six children in Croatia. Great inspirational read!
So inspirational and full of hope. Made me want to run to Medjugorje and check it out for myself!
Loved this book, so can't wait to go to Medjugorje! Started saving after the 1st chapter ;)
Bob Lewis
An interesting story of one man's conversion to Catholicism.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Life with Karol: My Forty-Year Friendship with the Man Who Became Pope
  • The Theology of the Body: Human Love in the Divine Plan (Parish Resources)
  • Where is That in the Bible?
  • Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
  • Mary: The Church at the Source
  • The Courage To Be Catholic: Crisis, Reform And The Future Of The Church
  • First Comes Love: Finding Your Family in the Church and the Trinity
  • Why Do Catholics Do That?: A Guide to the Teachings and Practices of the Catholic Church
  • 33 Days to Morning Glory
  • Padre Pio: Man of Hope
  • The Secret Of The Rosary
  • Fire Within: Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and the Gospel - On Prayer
  • Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life
  • Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul
  • Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles
  • The Lessons of Saint Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into Your Daily Life
About the Author

Wayne Weible has authored eight books on his experiences and investigations of the reported apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Medjugorje, all which have become international best sellers. His first book--Medjugorje: The Message, has sold more than 500,000 copies in the U.S. and an estimated 500,000 in other languages around the world. This is the top selling

More about Wayne Weible...