Start by marking “Medjugorje The Message” as Want to Read:
Medjugorje The Message

Medjugorje The Message

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  294 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
With refreshing candor and self-deprecating humor, Wayne takes the reader with him on the adventure to Medjugorje that radically and permanently changed his life. You will discover the apparitions of the Blessed Mother along with him, as he chronicles the ways that the Virgin Mary continues to speak to the world today from Medjugorje.

This is the bestselling book on Medjug
Published July 1st 1989 by Paraclete Press

To ask other readers questions about Medjugorje The Message, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medjugorje The Message

Annie White
Feb 12, 2013 Annie White rated it really liked it
I read this book after attending a church group/meeting that consisted of a rosary and message with Ivan one of the visionaries. After witnessing him converse with the Blessed Mother, I became very curious about Medjugorje & picked up a few books on the topic & this wad one of them. It really is a good book to get a general feel for what Medjugorje is or maybe what to expect. It is the authors calling to Medjugorje & what he went through to get there. It is a very good read, I loved ...more
Tom
May 28, 2010 Tom rated it it was amazing
I've read many books on the subject of Medjugorje, but this is the first one written by a non-Catholic. Its wonderful, insightful and very well written. I'll let you know if he converts or not when I get to the end. But, he has found that the world saw Mary before it saw Jesus.

Okay, today I finished the book. He hadn't changed religions yet, but he has been converted. He and his wife and kids now pray the Rosary daily, attend Mass now and then(mostly when they are in Medjugorje), but the real c
Kathryn
Apr 16, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, catholic
Summary: Wayne Weible was a happy protestant, oblivious to what all the hype was about the Blessed Virgin, until a friend came to speak at his Church. He was called to go to Medjugorje and to spread her message. He wrote a few small articles for a local free newspaper and had such overwhelming response that he realized he was meant to dedicate his life to spreading Our Lady's Message at Medjugorje, though his book and speaking.

Review: This book was a well-written, journalistic account, of the ap
Medjugorje Book Reviews
Jun 26, 2011 Medjugorje Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Just a great book. Wayne is a tremendous, engaging author. I think this book is most-appropriate for those who have felt a calling to learn more about Medjugorje, and especially for those whom Medjugorje has become central in their lives. Our Lady of Medjugorje's messages are so important to me now and I found many common threads between my story of learning about the messages and Wayne's.
Strength of Story
Jan 11, 2013 Strength of Story rated it it was amazing
This book was loaned to me when I most needed it, but didn't realize it. Weible's story truly opened my eyes and helped me renew my faith. Its message is not easy to follow at times, but I now understand that everything worth living for is worth fighting for. Thank you, Mr. Weible, for helping me grow closer to God, Jesus, and Mary the Blessed Mother. This sincerely is a life-changing book.
Rachel
Aug 05, 2011 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I was excited to get this book, having heard so much about it. It just wasn't exactly what I expected. I wanted to know every detail about the miracle that is happening in my time, but as it applies to all of us, not just to one person. This book is one person's personal story. It is well written, and an easy read.
Anna
May 29, 2007 Anna rated it really liked it
This book portrays a significant aspect of Catholicism--the messages of the Virgin Mary. It is geared mainly towards those who believe in the faith but since it is told from a Protestant's perspective, it could be said that it is an objective telling.
Ken
Sep 29, 2008 Ken rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulous book. Wayne Weible writes in such a way as to pull you personally into Medjugorje & to allow the reader to practically "feel" Our Blessed Mother's love for us.
I can't wait to read his next book.
Andrea
Apr 23, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
I love this book. It not only gives historical account of what when on in Medjugorje during the early years of the apparitions but also tells a wonderful story of the author's own conversion.
Louise Hall
Aug 04, 2012 Louise Hall rated it it was amazing
Loved this book written with beautiful honesty. A must read for anyone curious to know about the alleged apparitions in Medjugorje.
Tom
May 26, 2014 Tom rated it liked it
While I enjoyed the book, I intended to read about Medjugorge to determine what exactly has been occurring there over the past 20-some years. This book doesn't serve that purpose at all, as Wayne Weible is an advocate and a convert because of his experiences with the people and the place. I finished the book but realized I would have to continue my research elsewhere to make up my own mind about the apparitions. The Internet has many different sites dedicated to Medjugorge and the people to whom ...more
Ashley Chevalier
Feb 21, 2010 Ashley Chevalier rated it it was amazing
Wow .. what insight.. incredible!!! It was such an inspiring book... makes me want to be a better person....
Joan Waldron
Jul 15, 2016 Joan Waldron rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much because as a Catholic who is a believer in apparitions, it provided a different perspective of Marian apparitions from a non-Catholic point of view. He is a journalist, somewhat religious but had no familiarity with apparitions and was not a devotee to the Blessed Mother which made him skeptical of the phenomena. His journey, and his wife's were interesting and thought provoking. I liked learning about the the facts, the people associated with this miracle and the m ...more
Peg
Oct 11, 2015 Peg rated it it was amazing
A lady at my church gave me this book. It's her way of spreading the message of Medjugorje, a small, obscure village in what used to be central Yugoslavia. I had heard of it but knew very little about it. After reading this book, I feel informed about how Medjugorje came to be a famous spiritual place where pilgrims from all over the world seek out the Holy Spirit to lead them in faith.

Wayne Weible is a wonderful Christian writer, journalist, husband, father, and speaker who has experienced Medj
Konstanty Pawlowski
Feb 20, 2015 Konstanty Pawlowski rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but it got a little bit repetitive because the author kept on repeating most of the same information over and over. Overall, I enjoyed the book and I recommend it for anybody who wants to read a religious book.
Hilary
Jun 29, 2015 Hilary rated it really liked it
Interesting read...first account I've seen written by a Protestant.
Jan 03, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
So, it took me 6 months to read this book. But I did enjoy it! My love and devotion for Our Blessed Mother has been growing, especially within the last few years. I have always had an affection for her, and the seeds were certainly planted when I was a child, but that flower of love is truly blossoming in my life right now. I love reading about Mary, because it allows me to get to know her a bit better as a true mother of us all. What is happening in Medjugorje is truly amazing, and I enjoyed re ...more
Bob
Dec 01, 2014 Bob rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Life changing!
Stitchywoman
Mar 13, 2010 Stitchywoman rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
I enjoyed the beginning of the book but towards the end it seemed to become egocentric and the narrative was difficult to follow. The author seemed to jump from different times, places, and people. It was difficult to keep straight what he was talking about. It would be a decent book to introduce someone to the idea of Medjugorje and for a Catholic, it gives a little bit of an inside look into Protestant religious beliefs. Particularly as these beliefs pertain to the Catholic church.
Paula
Feb 25, 2015 Paula rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and made me look at my way of life. Need to be changing some things!!
Joy
May 03, 2010 Joy rated it liked it
My rating is in reference to the quality of the writing and is not meant in any way to suggest a lack of belief in "The Message". I am convinced that the skeptics will remain skeptical and the believers will continue to believe. The primary message is one of peace and love of our fellow man.
Sep 13, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
A real look into the Blessed Mother, Medjugorje, and the rosary. There are everyday miracles. Brings to mind many things I remember about being Catholic and watching my grandmother pray the rosary.
Susan
Jul 30, 2012 Susan rated it it was ok
It was interesting, but after I got halfway, I got tired of just reading about Wayne Weible's experiences and rah-rah's and wanted more about the visionaries' experiences.
Augusta37
May 21, 2016 Augusta37 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
These messages from Our Lady have been occurring since the early 80's til the present. Why isn't this on the front line of every newspaper?!?
Missyjohnson1
Nov 23, 2013 Missyjohnson1 rated it really liked it
would rate the writing 3.5 but the subject a 5. I believe that as a society we are too fast to write miracles off as crazy or unbelievable.
Dianne Schettl
May 14, 2012 Dianne Schettl rated it it was amazing
well, this is an amazing book. There were things I never thought of, this writer knew what he needed to do and did it, awsome book
Donna
Jul 29, 2009 Donna rated it really liked it
A friend gave me this book to read, was unsure if I would enjoy it. Well once I got into it, it was hard to put down.
Janelle
Oct 23, 2011 Janelle rated it it was amazing
A few of my friends have made the pilgrimage to Medjugore. They inspired me to read this book. Beautiful.
Lauren
Aug 03, 2008 Lauren rated it it was amazing
An amazing story of the miraculous appearance of Mary to six children in Croatia. Great inspirational read!
Kathy
Jul 09, 2008 Kathy rated it it was amazing
So inspirational and full of hope. Made me want to run to Medjugorje and check it out for myself!
  • A Life with Karol: My Forty-Year Friendship with the Man Who Became Pope
  • The Theology of the Body: Human Love in the Divine Plan (Parish Resources)
  • Weeds Among the Wheat
  • First Comes Love: Finding Your Family in the Church and the Trinity
  • Surprised by Truth 2: 15 Men and Women Give the Biblical and Historical Reasons For Becoming Catholic
  • The Courage To Be Catholic: Crisis, Reform And The Future Of The Church
  • Mary: The Church at the Source
  • Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
  • Padre Pio: Man of Hope
  • Why Do Catholics Do That?
  • Pope Awesome and Other Stories
  • A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms: 52 Companions for Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul
  • True Devotion to Mary
  • Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life
  • Padre Pio: The True Story
  • 9 Days to a Deeper Prayer Life with the Holy Spirit
  • 33 Days to Morning Glory
  • Rediscovering Catholicism Journeying Toward Our Spiritual North Star
About the Author

Wayne Weible has authored eight books on his experiences and investigations of the reported apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Medjugorje, all which have become international best sellers. His first book--Medjugorje: The Message, has sold more than 500,000 copies in the U.S. and an estimated 500,000 in other languages around the world. This is the top selling

More about Wayne Weible...