Start by marking “In Bed With The Devil - Bercinta Dengan Iblis” as Want to Read:
In Bed With The Devil - Bercinta Dengan Iblis

In Bed With The Devil - Bercinta Dengan Iblis (Scoundrels of St. James #1)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  8,323 Ratings  ·  440 Reviews
Lady Catherine Mabry, putri Duke of Greystone, adalah gadis manja dan keras kepala yang tidak pernah merasakan kepahitan hidup. Demi menyelamatkan sahabatnya, Winnie, Catherine mendatangi satu-satunya orang yang dianggapnya mampu menyingkirkan Duke of Avendale, suami Winnie yang kejam. Orang itu adalah Lucian Langdon, sang Devil Earl. Sebagai imbalannya, Catherine bersedia ...more
Published 2011 by Dastan Books (first published June 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about In Bed With The Devil - Bercinta Dengan Iblis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Bed With The Devil - Bercinta Dengan Iblis

Mo
Mar 11, 2016 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

They call him the Devil Earl—a scoundrel and accused murderer who grew up on the violent London streets. A proper young lady risks more than her reputation when consorting with the roguishly handsome Lucian Langdon, but Lady Catherine Mabry believes she has no choice. To protect those she loves, she would do anything—even strike a bargain with the devil himself.

Don't we all love a scoundrel? Enjoyed this one. Strong heroine, which I love. Great set of secondary characters who, I am sure will
Naomi
Feb 29, 2016 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually really enjoyed this book! It wasn't overly mushy with romance and the woman was assertive and headstrong which I love.
Beanbag Love
Jan 06, 2010 Beanbag Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*sigh*

I was considering ending the review there, but I can't. I have to jabber a bit. What a great reading experience this book was. Very moving, but also amusing. Held my interest the entire time.

*sigh*

It's the story of Luke, the Earl of Claybourne, and Catherine, daughter of the Duke of Greystone. Luke was a poor kid on the streets from the age of around six until about twelve when he killed the heir to the Earl of Claybourne. When the old earl, the victim's father, met with Luke in prison, h
Duchess Nicole
This was lovely. Everything I've come to expect from Lorraine Heath. It's always a pleasure to read one of her books. Catherine and Lucian seem to be complete opposites but find that they're really not. There is a little intrigue along with a slow burning romance. Lucian lost his memory when he was very young, and grew up on the streets, taken in along with a small group of homeless children, by a kindhearted street man. When Lucian kills a man who rapes his friend, it starts a random chain of e ...more
Ingela
Written December 26, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - In all parts tasteful, charming and entertaining. A lovely historical.

I’ve been listening to a wonderful 10 hrs audibook narrated by Susan Ericksen (and in parts Antony Ferguson) these Christmas days.

'In Bed With the Devil' was not just a very amusing listening when doing xmas-stuff it was also my first historical by Lorraine Heath. There will be more.
“The price you pay for waltzing with the devil is residing in hell.”

Enjoyed, liked and next to love
Zoe
Jun 18, 2016 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
Reread (probably the 10th time) 15/06/2016

I am upgrading my original 4 stars rating to 5 stars. I have reread this book many times and every time I love the story, Luke and Catherine a little more.

This book's final sentence has made such an impression on me. I usually dislike a man who talks "pretty". But Lorraine Heath created Luke, whose affections and feelings rang true, who was indeed a lost soul redeemed. I won't spoil it for anyone by writing it down here. I will only say that I am deeply
Jonetta
My first Heath novel not set in America didn't disappoint. The same strong storytelling and well-developed characters show up here in England.

Lucian Langdon, known unaffectionately as the Devil Earl, is shunned by society because of his murky ancestry and dubious past. Lady Catherine Mabry seems to be the only one in their high circles who's not intimidated by him or feels threatened by society's disapproval of her acceptance of him. When she approaches him for help with an outrageous task, the
Daniella
I initially wanted to give this book 5 stars, but halfway through it, I reduced my rating to 4, and now I'm giving it 3.

To be honest, I just really wanted a light read; I wasn't in the mood for heavy drama. That's why, when I read about the heroine's real reason for visiting the hero, I thought twice about continuing. I was really tempted to stop reading. But I didn't. This was just so hard to put down, and before I knew it, I was nearing the end of the book.

In Bed with the Devil is a surprisin
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Aug08

Yes, I’m still on the historical spree. One or two more and I’ll swap genres for a bit to keep my brain fresh! Lorraine Heath turns up the heat in her latest Victorian era romance, “In Bed with the Devil”. At first I wondered if this would be a combination historical, paranormal story because of the title; however, the devil in said title refers to the Devil Earl, an Earl guilty of murder yet not charged with his crime. How delicious! Devout hist
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Scandalising Stars

BR with Aly, who was pestering me about beginning this and now is probably not even halfway through!

This is my disapproving face Missy(I love this word)!

I liked the book. Katherine was fearless and Luke very intriguing. I'm too bored to write a full review though. I can't wait to read more about these scoundrels!

My only complaint is that the sex scenes are way too heavy on the "lovey, dovey" stuff and way too light on the "hot".
Lover of Romance
Catherine Mabry is desperate, after finding out that her closest friend is being abused, she is at her wits end. Her friend has no choice but to bear the abuse and put a smile on her face, but Catherine has different ideas about getting rid of this tormentor. She goes to the "Devil Earl" Lucian Langdon who is rumored to have killed, so she knows that he is the perfect person on the job. However when she sneaks into his residence but after sharing a sensual embrace, things start to heat up betwee ...more
Brigid
"When you love a man, you will do anything to gain his favor."

"Even allow him to beat you?"

This did not work out. At all.

I read this while spending Xmas with the family. I didn't have much time to read, but I fit it in. I read my brothers some of the passages annnnnddd....Snortmas of 2014. There may have been beer and eggnog involved so, it may not have been as funny as we were making it out to be. Oliver Twist? More like Oliver shoves his dong in a haughty dame. Tra-la-la-la-la-la-LA.

The che
⊱ Irena ⊰
3.5

I am confused. Considering this story has one of the tropes I really hate, I shouldn't have loved it this much. I seem to like how Lorraine Heath writes her characters and the problems they face. This is her second book I've read and it definitely won't be the last. As I said before, I only started reading historical romances three or four years ago, so I am glad I have so many books and authors to discover.

As for that trope I mentioned, it's not cheating. I don't think even writing I like co
Brittany B.
Aug 24, 2012 Brittany B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas, Eloisa James and Julia Quinn fans.
Recommended to Brittany B. by: Alkyoni
I once put this book aside, thinking it was boring. Then I teased my dear friend for recommending it....
But I was so wrong that I can't imagine what I should do to make it up to her!!!

This is my second Lorraine Heath book, the first one was The Outlaw and the Lady and I wasn't impressed. But this book is FANTASTIC!! The story had me engrossed, and the romance could not be better.
This book gave me butterflies in my stomach and made my heart pitter-patter on quiet a few occasions. I was left with
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
May 21, 2013 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Fans
Shelves: audio_books
First off I have to say other than Highlander novels I'm not a huge fan of Historical Romances however; I loved this book!

This was my first read by Lorraine Heath and it kept me completely interested from beginning to end. The storyline, dialogue, and characters were fantastic, Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Susan Erickson was the narriator and she was fabulous!
Jane Stewart
Feb 26, 2014 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quality historical romance. I enjoyed this.

It was a comfortable read. I smiled at times. There’s a nice long build up of the couple gradually falling in love. The conflict that kept them apart appealed to me. Lucian grew up on the streets with a gang of kids who were his family. Frannie was part of the group. Lucian and others love her like a sister. Lucian wants to get married and he believes Frannie is the one for him, but he doesn’t realize it’s sisterly love. He’s kind of stupid about h
Irina
***4.5 stars***

I must admit I went into it without much enthusiasm. Having not read any Regency romance for a while now, I've had quite low expectations of this, and during the first two chapters almost put it aside. But then suddenly it picked my interest and had me turning pages in delicious anticipation.

I forgot how brilliant this author is. Her Texas Destiny is one of my all-time favourite historical romances. The writing is crisp and sophisticated, effortless and graceful. It is an absolut
Chandra
Sep 09, 2013 Chandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-book-1
Story Rating 3.5 Stars
Character Rating 3.5 Stars
Romance Rating 3 Stars
Heat Level 2 Stars
Overall Rating 3 Stars

I went back and forth on the rating of this book, and ended with a solid 3-stars, because I just didn't love it. It was good, but not great. I just felt there was something missing from the story and from the characters..

In fact, I felt most of the story was about this...
description

What I didn't like...
How much Luke loved Fannie, Frannie..whatever her name was. He looooved this chick right? Wanted
D.G.
Mar 28, 2015 D.G. marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I started this in audio but the prologue sounded so ridiculous that I almost burst a lung laughing. I mean really! Who can take a beginning like this seriously?

I often study the portrait of my father hanging above the massive fireplace in the grand library of my London residence and catalogue the similarities of our appearance.

The hair - black as the soot that lined the inside of a chimney.

The eyes - the shade of pewter that brought a fair price from fences.

The nose - a slender, knife-like shap
Pepa
Lo bueno de tener mala memoria es que relees libros y los disfrutas igual.
Quizás ahora le he encontrado un final demasiado precipitado y una protagonista demasiado "moderna". Pero igual que en el momento de mi primera lectura me ha parecido una novela fresca, tierna con un amor que va creciendo poco a poco (de los que yo disfruto).Solo por eso le vuelvo a dar 5 estrellas, que últimamente no hay muchas novelas de esas.
Unos protagonistas que me han gustado mucho con unos secundarios que se merecen
Gio
May 04, 2016 Gio rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Wesley
Sep 07, 2013 Lady Wesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amz-rev, listened, aud-rev
Imagine Feagan's tribe from Oliver Twist growing up and becoming respectable adults. This is Lorraine Heath's clever premise, and it works quite well in this book, featuring "Oliver" (here known as Lucien Langdon, the Earl of Claybourne). He's an anguished hero who falls in love with a most proper daughter of a duke. There's love, sex, a little adventure, and a bit of a mystery.

The narration of the audiobook by Susan Ericksen was very good. She handled all of the characters quite well. Antony F
Mei
Mar 17, 2015 Mei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Simply great!
Wonderful heroine and a great hero!
Loved it!
Tishke
Nov 07, 2014 Tishke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victorian-era
The first in the series.

The series is inspired by Oliver Twist book and its cast of characters finding their individual ways and becoming respectable, at least some of them, as adults.

The Fifth Earl of Claybourne known as the “Devil Earl”, lord Lucian Oliver Langdon is Lorraine Heath's tribute to Oliver Twist and the story centers around his struggles to take his rightful place especially since he doesn't believe he is the bona fide heir to the title but due to circumstances he is unwilling to
BookMaven
Aug 16, 2008 BookMaven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any woman, some men would probably like it, too.
Recommended to BookMaven by: Bookstore Browse
Excellent!!!!!!! Original!!! I loved this book. It had the most beautiful death scene that I have ever read. It was so full of love,every kind of love, selfish love, unconditional love, brotherly and sisterly love. The mystery was great on so many levels. I could hardly put it down. I stayed up way too late reading this book, but it was so worth it. It had wonderful supporting characters. The plot was very complex, but understandable. The hero and heroine were so believable. I was so glad to hea ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: April 2013
I am so glad I gave this book a try, it was heartbreaking and amazing and lovely.

2nd read: August 2014
Buddy read with Jo, hopefully :D She finished before me... the horror! :O :P
Hasnamezied
I really can't find suitable words to describe this book. Simply Superb.

Love Cathrine .
Love Luke .
Love everything about this book . it is so heartwarming.
Big Applause for Lorriane Heath.

Anne
Apr 21, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a while since I read a historical romance and this was a great book to remind me why I love this genre.

It's very hard to find a real element of forbiddingness in contemporary romance like you would in historical without it being something taboo or illegal.
I loved Catherine but she was a little to daring what with all that midnight sneaking around and going to a gaming hell but I guess modern day romance writers have to portray an independent woman even when it's in a different era. I
Slavena
Luke, the Earl of Claybourne goes through life thinking that he is not the rightful heir to the title but unable to relinquish it. Raised on the streets of London with a band of little thieves he is more connected to his childhood past then with the piers of the realm. He has set his eyes on his childhood sweetheart and wants to make her his wife, but she refuses him on the grounds that she doesn’t desire the type of life he is living.

Lady Catherine Mabry believes Luke to be the devil himself an
LibraryLass
Feb 26, 2016 LibraryLass rated it really liked it
I don't know if it's because I am just getting myself back into reading some historical romances or not, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Yes, it was a reworked premise, but it was greatly done. I liked both Luke and Catherine (which is often not the case). I enjoyed their dialogue and their chemistry was pretty good too.

There were a few moments which I didn't enjoy as much in the book but they in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the story. In fact I would be hard pressed to say just wha
Let's Talk About ...: March Group Read - In Bed With The Devil 1 11 Mar 12, 2016 05:39AM
Your favorite Qoutes/sayings from book? 3 40 May 20, 2014 12:03PM
Pure Sizzle! 9 66 May 18, 2014 12:22PM
  • A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • A Necessary Husband (Necessary, #1)
  • Surrender A Dream
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • Midnight's Wild Passion
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)
  • Taken by Desire
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • The Duke of Shadows
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor during
More about Lorraine Heath...

Scoundrels of St. James (5 books)
  • Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4)
  • The Last Wicked Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #5)

“You don't care what people think," he said.

She couldn't tell from the way he emphasized the words if he was asking a question or making an observation. Still, she felt obliged to answer.
"Of course I care. To a certain extent we all care, but we can't care to the point that we live in fear of others' opinion, that we allow them to change who we are. We must be willing to stand up and defend what represents the very core of our being. Otherwise what is the purpose of individuality? We'd be nothing but imitations of each other, and I daresay we'd all be rather boring.”
34 likes
“Sometimes having the dream makes you more content than having the reality.” 17 likes