Start by marking “Protected by the Prince” as Want to Read:
Protected by the Prince

Protected by the Prince (The Weight of the Crown)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Prince Alaric of Ruvingia is as wild and untamed as the remote kingdom he rules. Women fight to warm his royal bed, but he ensures that none outstays her welcome. Then reserved, bespectacled archivist Tamsin Connors uncovers a shocking state secret....
Now Tamsin has Alaric's undivided attention--and he finds himself drawn to her burgeoning purity Duty demands only a tempo
Published February 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Protected by the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protected by the Prince

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Annie West couldn't write a bad book if she tried. Because of that, I have high expectations. Also, I messed up. I read Prince of Scandal first, and I loved that so much. I am not big on the modern royalty theme, but she made me buy in hook, line and sinker with that book. So that's why I didn't like this one as much. I just didn't connect to Alaric as much as I did with his cousin Raul. Alaric seemed more, I don't know if callous is the word... I did feel sympathy for his journey and his losses ...more
Saly
Protected by the Prince is a prequel to Prince of Scandal and it is also pretty decent. Prince Alaric was the second-child, always made to feel in-adequate and certain events that happened when he was in the army and his elder brother's death clinched it. He doesn't consider himself worthy. Tamsyn is scholarly and she is working on some research and also recovering from having her heart-broken by a man who used her intelligence to move forward in life. Tamsyn was born to older parents who never ...more
Nas Dean
PROTECTED BY THE PRINCE by author Annie West is a royal story with sleigh rides in snow. It's a Cinderella and Prince story with it's own unique twist!

Rachel
NOTE: If you are a fan of series romance in general, you and I probably have VERY different tastes in our leisure reading, and you subsequently probably won't like this review. Sorry. No offense intended.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I even tried to read this, but after enjoying the discussion of the novel on some of my favorite archivist blogs (e.g. here), I thought it would be fun, the way the theologian and historian in me finds Dan Brown novels fun.

And maybe it would have been, if I could h
Meredith
Destiny
I started this while I was waiting in the doctor's office. I quite ignored the fact that I already had a book I was supposed to be reading. But then that's how I roll.

I liked the premise of the book. Plus the I quite liked the name Tasmin. Tasmin herself was pretty interesting and I found myself wanting to know more about her childhood because of a line. I liked Alaric, but his name though. Maybe it's because of recent events online, but the name just wasn't doing it for me. I liked him fine, bu
Lisa
Ahem. Yes, it is true. I made my first (and possibly not last) foray into the hot, sweaty, how-many-different-euphemisms-can-I-fit-into-one-sentence world of a Harlequin romance novel. Why you may ask? Well, this novel in particular was all over my listservs and blogs....for archivists! The main heroine of this little ditty is an uptight, frumpy-frock wearing archivist who is seduced and romanced by a hottie-mc-hot prince. Yes, I know what you are thinking, "how true to life this tale must be" ( ...more
Mombo
I have to admit that I really hated the main characters names. Alaric? Tamsin? What the? As far as princes go, Alaric turned out to be one of the more likeable ones despite all the power he wields. Tamsin was just too naive for me especially when she thinks she can have a no-strings relationship. How many times have we heard that before? V.predictable ending but enjoyable nonetheless.
Esther Marie
Archivist romance novel. Hilarious!
Modesty_b
Mar 27, 2015 Modesty_b marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I found that it couldn't hold my interest at all... too bad :( the premise was intersting.
Laura Breck
A fun story, very nicely written. Every girl's fantasy is to meet a real price, and be swept away by him. This book left me smiling. Fairy tales do come true!
Misfit
Feb 08, 2013 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
Karla, Jeanine: I think if anyone could beat this challenge it's you two. http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/smartb...
Helen
I love a tortured hero and Alric is just that and Tamsin is a real Cinderella. I loved this book so well written with twists and turns great story
Amy
I was really hoping for more from my first archivist Harlequin book. Not a bone folder mention to be found.
Tamara
I read this out of professional curiosity. It was OK, but I don't really care for the genre.
Jenny
Heroine was so annoying, I wanted to slap her.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Weight of the Crown
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Weight of the Crown
Tizah
...I enjoyed it so much......
Janae
Janae marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
T. Martin
T. Martin marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
Apr 13, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • The Prince's Royal Concubine
  • A Deal at the Altar (Marriage By Command #2)
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • His Untamed Innocent
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Master's Mistress

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...

The Weight of the Crown (2 books)
  • The Disgraced Princess: The Weight of the Crown
The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50) Prince of Scandal Imprisoned by a Vow The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6) Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)