Start by marking “Protected by the Prince” as Want to Read:
Protected by the Prince

Protected by the Prince (The Weight of the Crown #1)

Prince Alaric of Ruvingia is as wild and untamed as the remote kingdom he rules. Women fight to warm his royal bed, but he ensures that none outstays her welcome. Then reserved, bespectacled archivist Tamsin Connors uncovers a shocking state secret....
Now Tamsin has Alaric's undivided attention--and he finds himself drawn to her burgeoning purity Duty demands only a tempo
Published February 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Protected by the Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protected by the Prince

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Annie West couldn't write a bad book if she tried. Because of that, I have high expectations. Also, I messed up. I read Prince of Scandal first, and I loved that so much. I am not big on the modern royalty theme, but she made me buy in hook, line and sinker with that book. So that's why I didn't like this one as much. I just didn't connect to Alaric as much as I did with his cousin Raul. Alaric seemed more, I don't know if callous is the word... I did feel sympathy for his journey and his losses ...more
Saly
Protected by the Prince is a prequel to Prince of Scandal and it is also pretty decent. Prince Alaric was the second-child, always made to feel in-adequate and certain events that happened when he was in the army and his elder brother's death clinched it. He doesn't consider himself worthy. Tamsyn is scholarly and she is working on some research and also recovering from having her heart-broken by a man who used her intelligence to move forward in life. Tamsyn was born to older parents who never ...more
Rachel
Sep 07, 2011 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
NOTE: If you are a fan of series romance in general, you and I probably have VERY different tastes in our leisure reading, and you subsequently probably won't like this review. Sorry. No offense intended.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I even tried to read this, but after enjoying the discussion of the novel on some of my favorite archivist blogs (e.g. here), I thought it would be fun, the way the theologian and historian in me finds Dan Brown novels fun.

And maybe it would have been, if I could h
Meredith
Mar 08, 2011 Meredith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nas Dean
Mar 13, 2011 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PROTECTED BY THE PRINCE by author Annie West is a royal story with sleigh rides in snow. It's a Cinderella and Prince story with it's own unique twist!

Lisa
Ahem. Yes, it is true. I made my first (and possibly not last) foray into the hot, sweaty, how-many-different-euphemisms-can-I-fit-into-one-sentence world of a Harlequin romance novel. Why you may ask? Well, this novel in particular was all over my listservs and blogs....for archivists! The main heroine of this little ditty is an uptight, frumpy-frock wearing archivist who is seduced and romanced by a hottie-mc-hot prince. Yes, I know what you are thinking, "how true to life this tale must be" ( ...more
Destiny
I started this while I was waiting in the doctor's office. I quite ignored the fact that I already had a book I was supposed to be reading. But then that's how I roll.

I liked the premise of the book. Plus the I quite liked the name Tasmin. Tasmin herself was pretty interesting and I found myself wanting to know more about her childhood because of a line. I liked Alaric, but his name though. Maybe it's because of recent events online, but the name just wasn't doing it for me. I liked him fine, bu
Summerita Rhayne
May 27, 2015 Summerita Rhayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the story of Cinderella with a slightly damaged Prince. Anne West is impeccable in world building. Throughout it was an interesting reading. The end didn't quite cut it for me. I don't like it when authors make hints about next story in the series. That's because the build up takes the spotlight off that book's characters. All in all, it was an enjoyable, sensual romance with fairytale overtones.
Mombo
I have to admit that I really hated the main characters names. Alaric? Tamsin? What the? As far as princes go, Alaric turned out to be one of the more likeable ones despite all the power he wields. Tamsin was just too naive for me especially when she thinks she can have a no-strings relationship. How many times have we heard that before? V.predictable ending but enjoyable nonetheless.
Fabiola Chenet
Jan 03, 2016 Fabiola Chenet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Réédition

Héros très sympathiques et intéressants. Histoire très jolie. Belle HEA.
Helen
Nov 11, 2010 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a tortured hero and Alric is just that and Tamsin is a real Cinderella. I loved this book so well written with twists and turns great story
Desirée
Leído el 01/12/2011
Ptiteaurel
Jan 14, 2016 Ptiteaurel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lorsque je suis allée fin décembre sur Paris aux Harlequeen Days, j'ai eu l'immense plaisir d'avoir en cadeau ce vrai calendrier et j'avais donc hâte de découvrir quelles histoires et quels héros se cachaient derrière ce premier mois. Janvier commence donc très bien avec une romance Harlequin comme je les aime. Certains diront que les ficelles sont trop grosses et qu'on sait très bien où on va finir mais j'ai tout de même apprécié ce délicieux moment de lecture.

On découvre en premier lieu Tamsin
Angelana Jolicoeur
interesting
Brigitte Alouqua
Mar 17, 2016 Brigitte Alouqua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je dois avouer que je suis un peu en retard sur le calendrier lol nous ne sommes plus vraiment en Janvier, mais rien n'empêche de lire cette aventure du Prince Alaric un autre mois de l'année, n'est-ce pas ?

Tamsin est archiviste, et au cours de ses recherches, elle va faire une découverte qui risque de tout changer pour le beau Prince Alaric.

Mais notre beau Prince, lui, ne veut pas monter sur le trône en tant que roi, son statut lui convient et il ne veux pas se sentir obligé d'assumer la sécuri
Laura Boon Russell
Aug 27, 2015 Laura Boon Russell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I thoroughly enjoyed USA Today best selling author Annie West's deliciously naughty and extremely nice romance PROTECTED BY THE PRINCE. A contemporary European prince clashes with a smart, modern and independent Australian women. Annie West draws a wonderful portrait of two wounded but independent souls getting to know each other and discovering that passion – and love – can not only exist but flourish with the person you were least likely to pick as compatible.
Lisa
Jun 07, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2016
I mean...this wasn't a great story I was personally hoping for but it had the right elements. The angst and the dialogue shared between the characters stirred something inside my chest. I felt horrible when Tamsin was insecure about how she looked but Prince Alaric did a great job at reassuring her. Who knows??? Read this book if you're looking for a virgin romance and a Prince who likes girls are super smart and who likes wearing baggy clothes.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Weight of the Crown
Esther Marie
Aug 04, 2014 Esther Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Archivist romance novel. Hilarious!
Jess
This was a perfectly fine Presents, but reading it around stuff I liked better made it suffer in comparison.
Misfit
Feb 22, 2011 Misfit marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
Karla, Jeanine: I think if anyone could beat this challenge it's you two. http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/smartb...
Modesty_b
Mar 15, 2015 Modesty_b rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I found that it couldn't hold my interest at all... too bad :( the premise was intersting.
Tamara
Jun 08, 2011 Tamara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
I read this out of professional curiosity. It was OK, but I don't really care for the genre.
Laura Breck
Dec 14, 2011 Laura Breck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun story, very nicely written. Every girl's fantasy is to meet a real price, and be swept away by him. This book left me smiling. Fairy tales do come true!
Amy
Feb 27, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: archives
I was really hoping for more from my first archivist Harlequin book. Not a bone folder mention to be found.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Weight of the Crown
Jenny
Jun 30, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Heroine was so annoying, I wanted to slap her.
patricia gibson
patricia gibson rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Kibbs
Kibbs rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • Bride in a Gilded Cage
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Master's Mistress
  • Just One Last Night
  • Innocent in the Ivory Tower
  • A Deal at the Altar (Marriage By Command #2)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...

The Weight of the Crown (2 books)
  • The Disgraced Princess: The Weight of the Crown