Start by marking “Breaking the Sheikh's Rules” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Sheikh's Rules

Breaking the Sheikh's Rules (Kings of the Desert #1)

The huge imposing castle and the barren terrain of Merkazad are a far cry from the modest farm and the emerald fields that horsewoman Iseult calls home. Or used to, until Sheikh Nadim bought her family's stud farm. As part of the deal, she must work at his royal stables....Nadim enrages Iseult...but he also inspires a more unwelcome, unfamiliar feeling: "desire." Drawn int ...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Harlequin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Sheikh's Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Sheikh's Rules

Caro
Este libro sigue la temática de "Nena, querete un poco" y "Ni una menos", de Harlequin. Hace que quieras golpear a la heroína por ser tan sumisa, tan obsecuente después de que el héroe, en este caso el jeque de un país ignoto, Nadim, la use para pasar su autoestima por los suelos. Al rato que la trata de lasciva, la quiere besar, luego la empuja... este muchacho no pasó del preescolar.
Por otra parte, él ya estuvo casado y perdió a su mujer y a su hijo (estaba embarazada) en un accidente. A mi me
Jenny
Jul 29, 2016 Jenny rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
So much talk about horses and descriptions I was bored! Her writing style is really bad sometimes :(
Dee
I know quite a few reviewers didn't like Nadim due to the way spoke to Iseult and didn't like her much either as she was a mouse but I actually think this ramped the angst side of the story and gave us a typical Presents story that eventually led to a happy ending.
MelissaB
Apr 17, 2011 MelissaB rated it liked it
*** 3 1/2 stars ***

Decent story but the hero was a little too mean for my tastes, I needed to see them happy together in the story, not just at the end when he suddenly decided he could love her.
Lady Jaye
The hero was unnecessarily mean and horrible, just because he could be. the heroine was...not much better either. Iseult wasn't a complete mouse, but she didn't have much of a spine, either.

I didn't enjoy the characters or the story.
Besides i didn't buy the love (or the lust) between them. If i was in lust with someone who said such horrible things at the slightest provocation, I'd fall right back out of lust with them quicker than you could say Jack Daniels.

plus, it just didn't add up. there
willaful
This was readable, but not a lot more. I felt like the author phoned it in; everything from plot to phrasing was so familiar, and the writing was kind of sloppy, especially around transitions. And the hero Nadim was just annoying, constantly yelling at the heroine for causing trouble when she's just trying to live her life. Iseult was a more appealing character, with a passion for horses and low self-esteem issues; she deserved a better hero and a more interesting book.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
I was not swept up into this romance, and I place all of the blame firmly at the feet of the grim hero. He is so far from my ideal mate that I could not buy into this love story. He never shows tenderness toward the heroine, and their courtship was non-existent. Instead, Nadim spent most of the first half of the book yelling at Iseult or browbeating her. It's hard for me to be won over by a guy who intimidates the heroine most of the book.
Rickie
Oct 05, 2014 Rickie rated it really liked it
Love a quick read that is outside my general scope. This was one that I couldn't put down until it was finished with the action and romance. There was no suspense or villains...just a clean read about a man, a woman, and horses. But the romance heated things up when you reached the middle of the book, and until then it was a buildup of sexual frustration and a headstrong female with a male who wasn't use to being questioned. You'll laugh at some of the antics and fan yourself over the steamy kis ...more
Nadia
I read it in Russian, so I'm not sure how it sounds in original, cause you are never sure how good is the book and how good is translation unless you read both and then you can compare.
But I loved this story! I loved this tension between heroes that sparkled from the first moments and how they both tried to overcome it and failed miserably.
I liked that hero is older then heroine even though 12 years is a little bit too much, it sounded more like a historical then contemporary romance, but who t
Tanya Mayes
Sep 30, 2013 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
This was Abby Green's first Sheikh book and I think it was a very good read. I read all the other books that he (Nadim) is connected to but had never read this story. Sheikh Nadim has bought Iseult's family stud farm and her prized horse she been training. As part of the deal, she must come to Merkazad to work at his royal stables so she can continue to training the horse and to get her away from her father ...Nadim enrages Iseult...but he also inspires a more unwelcome, unfamiliar feeling: "des ...more
A Woods
5 I want my own Sheikh STARS

Gawd, this story is HOTT ! (Yes with the double T) it practically oozes sensuality. Not only that, the author has done an absolute AMAZING job of describing the scenes that I had vivid imagery of what was going on.

It was SO. SO. GOOD! I would recommend it to all readers who are looking for a quick, sexy read with delicious development.

P.S. I did not think the hero was THAT mean as other reviews have mentioned. In fact, everytime he was mean, I felt the sexual te
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
3.5 stars. The hero was addicting at times and annoying at others. He didn't have many likeable traits and was overbearing. The heroine has a feisty attitude which was fun sometimes, but other times I felt she was too doey-eyed. Overall a decent story, highly sensual with good eroticism. A small pet peeve was some of the instant emotions and "sizzles" was a bit unrealistic. I thought the author gave the hero a nicely demented backstory and plausible reason for being how he was. On the other hand ...more
Anne
May 11, 2015 Anne rated it it was ok
Good if you want a couple of hours romance.
Angel Smits
Jul 18, 2011 Angel Smits rated it really liked it
I started out reading Harlequin Presents when I first started reading romance but haven't read one in years. This was a great way to get back into them. It was a RITA finalist this year, so that caught eye. The characters kept me reading. I'll definitely be looking for more of Abby Green's books to add to my to be read list.
Nunung
Apr 07, 2011 Nunung is currently reading it
Thanks to Abby for this lovely gift... I'm reading an ARC... Even GR doesn't have the cover image yet :) Bless you, Abby!
Glynda Roy
Jul 06, 2011 Glynda Roy rated it it was amazing
I really love Harlequin Romances and Abby is one of my favorite writers. She is one of the best.
Captmashpea
Jul 10, 2013 Captmashpea rated it it was ok
I did not like the fact that she became his mistress - that was lame.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Kings of the Desert
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Kings of the Desert
Tonya Warner
Aug 20, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it
Very sweet.
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Phaedra
Phaedra rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
Tania Infante bonilla
Tania Infante bonilla rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Honey17
Honey17 marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Sónia
Sónia rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Amy Hart
Amy Hart rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • Majesty, Mistress...Missing Heir
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • At the Sheikh's Bidding
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • Duty, Desire and the Desert King (Desert Kings, #3)
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...

Kings of the Desert (2 books)
  • The Inherited Bride