Start by marking “Am I the Only Sane One Working Here?: 101 Solutions for Surviving Office Insanity” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  10 reviews
."" . . the most comprehensive guide I have ever read for solving any conceivable trying scenario!"" --Julie Jansen, bestselling author of "You Want Me to Work with Who?" and I Don't Know What I Want, but I Know It's Not This

You can't stop office madness, but you can stop the madness from getting to you.

Gossipy coworkers, unmanageable managers, and cranky clients have got
Published August 2nd 2009 by McGraw-Hill (first published July 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Am I the Only Sane One Working Here?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Am I the Only Sane One Working Here?

Levent
Best book I've read in a while. I would love to recommend it to anyone and everyone I know except for the unusual title. In fairness, it did sell me the book. The book is way better than my expectations and useful for anyone working in a corporate environment. (In fact, it would even be useful to people close to such people).
Definitely worth reading!
stormhawk
Slightly different approach to those management and corporate problem-solving books. Identifies 101 different office dilemmas and what to do about that ... and what to do does not involve hanging up a picture of a sailboat with a motivation word under it.
Dorsch and Navarre Branch Libraries
Good Self Help Book – purchase own copy – and read through again and highlight!

Am I the only Sane One working Here : 101 solutions for surviving office insanity

10 Listening
---everyone has their own perceptions so will hear different things in the story
-why is she telling me this story
-what is the purpose behind the words
-does the person want something from me or want me to do something for them?

11 Motivation
Know what moves people
-recognize instinctual patters
---fight or flight
---dominance
---terr
Kaishauna
This is an incredible book and should be mandatory reading for anyone going into the workforce!!! It's sarcastic, relevant, and dead on with what actually happens in the workplace. This book gives accurate scenarios, and extremely useful tips on how to deal with each circumstance and/or type of person you encounter. Incredibly useful read!!
Salaryman63
A fun read-especially if you work in the crazy ward like I do. People in the office are strange. Lots of the insights are common sense and things you have seen, done, or read before but its a new spin on the emotional black hole that modern white collar work has become.
Audrey
The title caught me since it often seems like i am the only sane one working. It gives a good perspective on what motivates people and how to use that understanding to deal with them.
Sandy Yang
It's my first book written by Al Bernstein, and the first book worth-reading this year. I am going to make practising the survival solutions in the book my new year resolution.
Diane C.

I like albert Bernstein's book and his emphasis on solutions for dealing with certain kinds of people. Humorous, frank and useful!
Brett
They are quick little senarios. Fun, but not overly informative or new.
Dianna
Catchy title for a book full of drivel.
Ant
Ant marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
José
José marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Anne Lawrence
Anne Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Archit Chandra
Archit Chandra marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Jermaine
Jermaine marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Sara Z
Sara Z marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Ta
Ta marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Jil
Jil marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Sarah Mcintosh
Sarah Mcintosh marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Aye-Kyithar Swe
Aye-Kyithar Swe marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jayce
Jayce added it
May 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emotional Vampires: Dealing with People Who Drain You Dry Dinosaur Brains: Dealing with All THOSE Impossible People at Work Emotional Vampires at Work: Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers Who Drain You Dry How to Deal with Emotionally Explosive People Sacred Bull: The Inner Obstacles That Hold You Back at Work and How to Overcome Them