Start by marking “Lord Protector (The Queen's Blade, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lord Protector (The Queen's Blade, #6)

Lord Protector (The Queen's Blade #6)

The legendary assassin’s life is in grave danger. With the deaths of a dozen princes and a king on his tally, the Queen’s Blade is a target for vengeance, and his enemies are powerful. No one knows if Blade is dead or alive when he vanishes again, but the Regent mourns his loss. Two queens, a regent and a king hunt for Blade, who must fight free of fate’s cruel grip.
Nook, 822 pages
Published December 31st 2010 by T C Southwell, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Lord Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord Protector

Beverly
Oct 13, 2012 Beverly rated it liked it
Shelves: tc-southwell, fantasy
All of the previous books in the series were great. They kept me reading with the same suspense and anticipation of the next event and resolution, so when I got to this one, the last in the series, I expected it to end with everything resolved. It didn't happen. It is like the author was tired of writing and hurried through the last few chapters to put an end to the book and the series.

Situations without resolution: the minor situation between Blade and the young queen who needed to begin showi
Keith
Jun 15, 2015 Keith rated it really liked it
This is a blanket review for the series as I didn’t find enough differences between the books to warrant separate reviews. The Queen’s Blade Series consists of six books, eight if you count the two prequels, that tells the story of two kingdoms torn by war. Queen Minna-Satu is determined to end the fighting that is destroying her kingdom and sets forth on the path foretold by a seer. In her quest to complete the prophecy she takes the assassin Blade into her employ and the perilous journey descr ...more
Nora
Aug 20, 2014 Nora rated it it was amazing
Like I probably mentioned in my attempt at a review for The Queen's Blade, the story here seems to rival The Night Angel trilogy. Actually I don't know. They are similar, but different. I like these books a lot. The cool thing about T.C Southwell's The Queen's Blade series is that it doesn't drag on, you can see time passing etc. lots if stuff happens, but it's not all in your face. I'm just annoyed I finished the rest of the books so soon! Deninitely a good read :D
Mina Soare
This is a minireview for the whole series, since the books are somewhat similar:

This series follows an assassin, aptly called an instrument of destiny at some point, who changes the fate of three kingdoms while finding himself in the process (mostly in the last book. It's a very slow finding of self)

Thus, awesome characters, slow plot and next to no drama(until #6). There's a lot of action scenes, quite a lot, and the protagonist gets caught and makes a daring escape in every book, sometimes eve
Rowan
May 07, 2016 Rowan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Does Blade find his heart or leave it broken?

We know this is the closing chapter ( or is it?). After all, we know that he shares the.Idol's blood which should easily give him another 100 years or so.
Louise Cromie
Dec 02, 2015 Louise Cromie rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful conclusion to this series.

Blades final harrowing days as an assassin, left to die in a remote inescapable prison. The debauchery queen Kerra-Mannu sinks into after his disappearance brought up short by the decayed head delivered to the palace with a note attesting that it is that of Blade. Chiana's assumes her unofficial title of widow regent wearing mourning black.

However in all of this is a promise made by the idol of the beasts Shamsara. And his promises are no small thing
Shandz
Jun 16, 2014 Shandz rated it really liked it
And so it ends. I am happy about how things went for Blade but there are loose threads in previous books that were not addressed in this one.
Ed Napiorkowski
Apr 13, 2014 Ed Napiorkowski rated it liked it
Glad to reach the end of this particular volume. There are only so many times when the same story line will enthral a reader and unfortunately the repeating theme of capture, suffering, vengeance and escape occurred just too often in this book. I am however glad I persisted as the last third of the volume was the best and to me the most enjoyable. That in itself is the reason I apply three stars to this particular episode and I am pleased to offer my thanks to the author but I'm glad the story i ...more
Reema
Mar 24, 2015 Reema rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A most satisfying end to the series. I'm glad I didn't give up and finished all the books!!
Lisa Sherman
Jan 02, 2015 Lisa Sherman rated it it was amazing
Amazing characters and story!
Lizi Clawson
Aug 03, 2012 Lizi Clawson rated it it was amazing
I was so sad this series was ending when I downloaded this final book in The Queen's Blade series. I don't want to give anything away about it, but this was the favorite of mine in the series because everything came together as perfectly as it possibly could have. The action keeps your heart pumping, the temptation Blade faces to run away keeps you wondering, the broken heart of Chiana keeps you pining and the toll of the mounting assassinations Blade must perform makes you wonder if he'll ever ...more
Jane
Dec 12, 2013 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
... And so they lived (almost) happily ever after. I think it would have made more sense for these last two books to switch titles. Kinda think Blade dances more in this one than the last book, but maybe that is just me. I almost feel like there could be another book if this one hadn't ended on such a high note. I am left with a few questions about a plot point and yet am satisfied with the ending. In a small way I compare series this in my mind with one by Robin Hobb.
Jenny Malec
Sep 20, 2012 Jenny Malec rated it it was amazing
I was so depressed when I finished this book because I wanted this series to go on forever. Blade is captivating to the point where I still think about him, weeks later, and he's not even real!! This series will be one I will read time and time again. A truly timeless, classic tale of the human spirit, true love, and the sheer will to go on even when the road ahead is gloomy. Love love love this series!!!!!!! I will never ever forget it.
Amy
May 08, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Ending felt slightly rushed but was wonderful. (spoiler alert for the last 3 or so books)

An epilogue would've been nice, what happened with Minna, Kerrion and their sons, whether Blade ever addressed Kerra as queen, etc. Little fluffy things to tie everything up a little more. The entire series needs some proofreading, typos here and there but they don't affect the books themselves.
Mare
Apr 12, 2011 Mare rated it really liked it
This book had A LOT of twist & turns in it (More so then the other 5). At one point I though I was at a happy ending...look down & saw pg. 200 & realized I had 500+ pages to go & it twisted yet again. I enjoyed how the author wrapped up Blade & Chiana's story. All in all, I enjoyed the end of this series. I would definitely recommend it.
Mariana
Jun 03, 2013 Mariana rated it really liked it
This was a good ending to the series. Possible spoiler: I have like some sort of epilogue only because there are some unresolved thoughts, such as the othere brothers, does Chiana have the fear that Blade will leave years later, etc. Overall I really enjoyed this series.
Kim
May 09, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Totally anti-climactic ending. Blah. After six books and thousands of pages, this should have knocked my socks off at the end. No such luck. I did enjoy the series for the most part though. I was considering the prequels, but after that ending, I'm done.
Diane
Sep 30, 2011 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, fantasy, 2011-read
The series started feeling a bit long to me at this point, perhaps because I wasn't in love with book four, but I think this book did a great job of ending the series and I'm more than happy that I stuck with it. Again, I recommend the series as a whole.
Steph
Oct 30, 2013 Steph rated it really liked it
Lord Protector, as far as I can tell, is (probably) the final book in the series. I liked how it left some minor plot points hanging, leaving the door open for future sequels, while also tidying up most of the major plot threads.
Janet
Jun 18, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed this series overall, but had begun to feel it was becoming more than a bit repetitious. This last book, however, justified my holding on through volumes four and five. A lovely end to an often bitter tale.
Brooke
May 09, 2013 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 5-star
This was a perfect ending for the series both in terms of continuting and wrapping up the previous 5. I have enjoyed this series and would recommend it to most others. In fact, I'm giving it to my husband to read next.
Férial
Oct 18, 2012 Férial rated it it was amazing
A lot of introspection, a few ordeals and a wonderful gift.

Book VI is a beautiful ending to the series.

I recommend The Queen's Blade. Touching, tough, harsh, violent, emotional...and so much more.
Garry
Jan 23, 2013 Garry rated it really liked it
Great book. The only I put 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the issue between blade and Kerra. And at the end of the book I thought he would "My queen" at least once.... Still good book.
Irene
Oct 18, 2011 Irene rated it it was amazing
I absloutly love how she ended everyone's stories, the loose ends were neatly tied up and it was a satisfying end. It was just as good the others and quite gripping.
Nicole Trainor
This last book finally got better than the previous books. It still wasn't great. I'm sad I spent so much time and effort on this series.
Kimberly Lord-bartoszek
Sep 29, 2012 Kimberly Lord-bartoszek rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. It was the perfect end to an incredible story! One of my favorite series ever!
Chris Topher
Jun 16, 2011 Chris Topher rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. It will stay on my Nook Color so that I can re-read them many times over.
Gabrielle
Mar 11, 2013 Gabrielle rated it liked it
Can't believe I read the whole thing.
Max
Max rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
  • The Gauntlet Thrown (Gauntlet Trilogy, #1)
  • The Star of Morcyth (The Morcyth Saga, #5)
  • Autumn Dreams
  • Soul of Serpents (Demonsouled, #3)
  • The Realm Shift (Realm Shift Trilogy #1)
  • The Candle of Distant Earth
  • The Battle of Verril (The Book of Deacon, #3)
  • Sanctum's Breach (Delver Magic, #1)
  • The Human (War of the Seasons, #1)
  • Druide
  • Ascendance (Corona: The Second DemonWars Saga, #1)
T. C. Southwell was born in Sri Lanka and moved to the Seychelles when she was a baby. She spent her formative years exploring the islands – mostly alone. Naturally, her imagination flourished and she developed a keen love of other worlds. The family travelled through Europe and Africa and, after the death of her father, settled in South Africa.

T. C. Southwell has written over thirty novels, rangi
More about T.C. Southwell...

The Queen's Blade (6 books)
  • The Queen's Blade (The Queen's Blade, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Queen's Blade, #2)
  • Invisible Assassin (The Queen's Blade, #3)
  • Sacred Knight of the Veil (The Queen's Blade, #4)
  • Master of the Dance (The Queen's Blade, #5)