Start by marking “Savannah by the Sea” as Want to Read:
Savannah by the Sea

Savannah by the Sea (Savannah #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  617 ratings  ·  48 reviews
First, I had to lie to my boss. (Sort of.) Then my parents had a fight. (They never fight.) The pint-sized lapdog that is treated better than I am has thrown up. (Twice.) This vacation hasn't even started...and I'm ready to go home.

No one in her right mind would actually choose to spend a week at the beach with a steel-Magnolia drama queen, a tragically disappointed diva-i
Published May 30th 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Savannah by the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savannah by the Sea

Helen Gaye Brewster
I read this because I wanted to finish the Savannah series and because I met the author a couple of times a few years ago and instantly liked her. Like the first two Savannah books, it's an easy read and takes me to the familiar locations of Savannah, GA and the beaches of 30-A in Florida. I enjoyed the way real places like the restaurants and stores of Savannah and Seaside are woven into the story. Savannah is one of my favorite cities and even though I've never stayed in Seaside, I've visited ...more
Amanda
I think I'd like to give this a 2.5 really, one of the times I wish we could give .5s. The story was funny at times but kind of drug on at other times. I'm not sure if I'll try the first 2 Savannah books (got this one without realizing there were others that came before) but maybe I'll grab them from the library one day. I'd still read them for the easy/no brainer read and the funny sections.
Nadine Keels
Thoughts on the entire series.

Savannah: my introduction into Chick Lit and some of the absolute funniest reading of my life.

Oh, sure, a few parts of the humor hinge on things one might roll her eyes at and say, “Right. Like that really would’ve happened,” but the fact that Hildreth wasn’t afraid to let loose and get a little ridiculous made me appreciate the series all the more. I mean, why always be confined inside the box of what’s “realistic”? Let your hair down, be a little silly, and laugh
Bren
if your looking for a feel good, funny book this book is for you. going on vacations isnt exactly what savannah had in mind but but after refusing and refusing she finally gave in. little does she know it may changes her entire life. i laughed so much through out this book reminded me so much of myself and my vest friend. the characters become really people though this book. hey, u may even c yourself in this book. unfortunetly i didnt know this was the last book of the "savannah" series. but ev ...more
Margaret
The first book in the Savannah series prompted me to read the other two. Book two didn't meet my expectations so much; the plot seemed to drag on far too long and with quite an implausible ending. The final book showed a deeper side of Savannah at times, but I am still waiting for her to grow up; to really get serious about the writing she claims to love so much and to stand on her own without accepting so much financial and materialistic help from her parents; especially from the mother she is ...more
Trish
And so it draws to a close - totally predictable ending with some minor bumps in the road. The drama queen antics were annoying rather than amusing; her father is my favorite character, although the relationship with his wife is hard to buy simply because their personalities are so drastically different (I know "opposites attract" but it really is overdone here). I probably would have really enjoyed this book if I were in my early 20s and wasn't quite so jaded about life ;)
Beth Peninger
I like the Savannah series because they are enjoyable to read. And while Hildreth covers real topics of faith she does it with humor and lightness thrown in as well. This third book, and I believe final, book in the series was a great wrap up to Savannah from Savannah. I think I like Savannah so much because she's relateable. She's real. There's no pretense in her. She isn't made out to be a "super Christian" but a REAL Christian. I can relate to that as nobody who follows Jesus could ever make ...more
Brooke
This is the conclusion to Savannah! I actually think this was my favorite of the three. It had so many humorous scenes in it as Savannah takes a spur of the moment trip to the sea with her parents, her mom's new dog, her friend Paige, and Amber. I laughed out loud in so many parts. By the time we get to the end of this book we can look back and really see how much Savannah has grown through the course of the books. These are easy to read, witty, funny books. I would recommend them!
Sonja
So, I got this book from the "beach reads" shelf at the library. I took it to the beach and it really surprised me. I skimmed a lot of the beginning - it was really descriptive of the panhandle - and since I was there - I didn't want to read about it. Anyway - somewhere along the way it became a touching, clean, heart warming story that had me laughing out loud at times. It was a fun, simple read - perfect for the beach.
Christine
This is book three in a series about a girl named Savannah from Savannah, GA. I read the first two in 2008, and this third book was mostly set in Seaside, FL, where I've visited about a million times. But it was also full of Christian clichés. I guess I kept coming back to these books because I love Savannah, GA, and I loved the character of Savannah's mother, Vicki.
Rose
Savannah is back! The second book left me slightly underwhelmed, but there was more content to this book. I liked how Savannah confronts her character flaws and overcomes them, especially her judgmental attitude. I enjoyed the many mishaps that kept me entertained and wanting to know what would happen next. Fun, quirky, and heartwarming.
Jessica
This book took place in Seaside, Florida. I LOVED reading the parts where she described Seaside. After spending time there it was fun to picture the places in my head as she was describing them in the book. I bought my book at Sundog bookstore and it's mentioned a couple of times in the story, which I thought was pretty neat!
Jen
Not nearly as hysterical as the first in the series, but definitely a huge step up from book 2, which (for me) seemed to deviate quite a bit. I thoroughly loved it and was pleased to see events resume their intended direction. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed the absolute zany craziness... I love these books! They are good for the soul.
Sonja
Got this at the library for an easy read to take to the beach. honestly - I had zero expectations, I think I picked it up because the cover looked "beachy" to me! It was an easy read but so enjoyable. It has great southern charm and had me laughing out loud at times. A great story to read after having moved to the south!
Christa
I adored the city of Savannah on a girls' trip last fall, so I was thrilled to return to the dear city in Hildreth's series. I really liked the first book, but the following ones weren't as compelling for me. I had a hard time getting into this one, but I did enjoy the romance and the lessons Savannah learned therein.
Courtney
Feb 06, 2010 Courtney rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Courtney by: Beckee
Am finishing this one up today. I love this author and really love this series because I enjoy the city of Savannah so much. The places of reference in this book are places that I have been and I love the character, Savannah! She is a cute, fun and good-hearted soul. This is an easy read and an enjoyable one.
Whitney
In this final installment of the Savannah series, Savannah had to rethink a lot of her preconceived about how she thought her life was going to go. Although I didn't agree with all that was said I can definitely relate to wondering if your life is going to ever turn out the way you always thought it would.
Janie
this is definitely my favorite of the savannah series by denise hildreth. the content is full of southern charm as are the first 2, but this one dives into some deeper issues towards the second half of the book that i believe to be of great value to any reader.
Liesel
Didn't realize this was part of a series until half way through which made it a frustrating read. All together felt like it was written by someone who wished they were raised in the south. Not a fan of the writing style at all.
Drucilla
The Savannah from Savannah books are a fun, easy read. Good for the beach, but she touches on the religous feeling a bit too much for me. This one does leave you wanting more of Savannah and her mother Vicki!
Kendra
LOVED this one! Maybe because I've been in her shoes? I could really "feel" what the heroine was feeling. I would definitely recommend this to the young adult crowd.
Kira
This is a cute series that I happened to pick up a while ago. They are fun, quick reads, and always leave me wanting to plan a trip to Savannah!
Darlene
3rd in the Savannah series. Enjoyed it very much and can't wait for the next in this series. What will come along for Savannah next??
Angie
I really love the Savannah books. As for Savannah herself... I want her to be my best friend, but I also want to punch her in the face.
Jerry
Some crude references and silly moments mar this otherwise great novel. I don't really know what to say other than that.
Katie
It was awesome! My favorite of the series by far. It made me think about myself. I hope there will be more Savannah books!
Sharon Vick
Loved this series of Savannah's. I don't like series, but after the first Savannah from Savannah I was hooked.
Alison Isbell
I loved the first book in this series BUT this one is my favorite! It was an easy, fun read! I really enjoyed it.
Jen Donnelly
Savannah by the Sea is the third in a trilogy. This last book was my favorite. Savannah is a great character.

Cheryl
A nice conclusion to the trilogy, but still room to add if the author so chooses. I'd read another one.
  • She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2)
  • Dreaming in Black & White
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Million Dollar Dilemma
  • Lost in Rooville
  • Latte Daze (Maya Davis, #2)
  • Splitting Harriet
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • RV There Yet?
  • Women's Intuition
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
Denise Hildreth Jones began writing as Denise Hildreth.

Denise Hildreth’s novels have moved her readers to tears and laughter as they stay up all night just to finish the last page. "I'm just a southern girl from South Carolina who knows crazy people, the south, and rigged beauty pageants. So, I thought I'd write a book about them. I didn't even know I could write fiction. Come to find out people
More about Denise Hildreth...

Savannah (3 books)
  • Savannah from Savannah
  • Savannah Comes Undone
Savannah From Savannah/Savannah Comes Undone The Will of Wisteria Flies on the Butter Hurricanes in Paradise Savannah Comes Undone