Start by marking “fuck, YES!: A Guide to the Happy Acceptance of Everything” as Want to Read:
fuck, YES!: A Guide to the Happy Acceptance of Everything

fuck, YES!: A Guide to the Happy Acceptance of Everything

Book by Fing, Wing F.
Published March 1st 1988 by Shepherd Books

Joe
Jul 23, 2011 Joe rated it really liked it
With a title like this, it has to be good.
A must read during banned book week.
Did i read it? Fuck, YES!
Did I enjoy it? Fuck, YES!
Do i highly recommend it? Fuck, YES!
Fuck, Yes! is a funny irreverent look at self help books and the gurus who write them.
Disguised as a self help book, Fuck, Yes! is really a madcap romp about a con man and the con artists who make up his followers.
This book was a joy to read and I highly recommend it .
Put on your cool black tee shirt and make yourself a lamb burger.
Rochelle
Sep 13, 2011 Rochelle rated it really liked it
A very different approach to self-help books, but full of pertinent "examples" I really enjoyed it and it was a fast read with small "nuggets" of compassion. Read it during and after a break up.
jackalope Mack
Sep 15, 2007 jackalope Mack rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Tom Robbins fans
Most people think this book was written by Tom Robbins. Up to the publication of this book, Robbins had always featured female protagonists, and I guess he ghosted this book to see if he could pull off a male main character. You can see hints of an emerging Switters in Wing F. Fing. This book is long out of print and I'm not going to trade or sell my copy, but if you can find it, it is a fun read.
Robert
Aug 09, 2013 Robert rated it it was amazing
One of the top five greatest books I have ever been lucky enough to experience. Given to me by my great friend and all-around outstanding human being, Bill Johnson, to whom I'm forever indebted. Truly mind blowing and life-changing. That this book has not been read by every human being now alive is just about as depressing an idea as my imagination can muster.
Stuart Quirk
May 17, 2014 Stuart Quirk rated it it was amazing
Found it in a used book store a good many years ago and picked it up after chuckling at the title. I was greatly surprised by the quality of writing. Probably benefited from my low expectations given the title/pseudonym author. Funny, insightful, and intelligent with a traveling/life journey spirit to recommend it. Happy to see many others felt the same way.
Mike Hagan
Jul 15, 2011 Mike Hagan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The best book ever!
Jack
Sep 28, 2007 Jack rated it it was amazing
Funniest book ever written?
Anker Frankoni
May 09, 2014 Anker Frankoni rated it it was amazing
All y'all who have been tracking me for any length of time must think I believe the only book in existence is "Mexican Eskimo"

But I promise that I am a reader too my friends! This is a short but sweet note to pay homage to one of the world's little-known crown gems of spiritual literature, appropriately named with the two MOST IMPORTANT words in language.... FUCK YES.
Jerilyn
Oct 24, 2014 Jerilyn rated it it was amazing
Read this in college, loved it, let someone borrow it, haven't seen it since. Who needs self-help books when you've got the Fuck, Yes! philosophy?!?!?!
Clinton Murphy
I first read this way back in 1993 and recently ordered it for a friend. Everyone knows this is Tom Robbins writing under a pseudonym (isn't it?!?), and the writing holds true. A good, fun read.
C. Atteridge
Feb 07, 2012 C. Atteridge rated it it was ok
i got almost to the end. perhaps there was a surprise ending that redeemed the almost entire dreck of this book. with such a great title it was a monumental let down!
Tina
Dec 30, 2015 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel lame because I kinda hated this book. I get that it was a parody/satire, but it was incredibly painful to get through.
Jeffry Jones
Dec 03, 2007 Jeffry Jones rated it really liked it
I can actually say I didnt judge this book because of its cover, but I did buy this book because of its cover. When someone asks you if you've read this book, be able to say "Fuck yes!"
James
Jul 15, 2010 James added it
F. Fing Wing = master, i give up everything to you
Ashu mishra
Jun 10, 2014 Ashu mishra rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaway
Won the book in giveaway.
Read the whole book, first half is good(little better then average), but next half not good.
More personal story rather then self-help book.
Author put some very good thoughts/ideas/research in the book, interesting stuff related to F-word. Initially author's journey with Yes is very encouraging, but as we can see later it not leaded to successful life/relationship. Means In my view, it is like running from responsibilities and hiding it under the layer of Yes. Which is no
A. S.
Mar 26, 2016 A. S. rated it it was amazing
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway. It came with a complimentary Laguna t-shirt from the book and an audio CD of the author reading three chapters of the book (which unfortunately I seem to have lost).

This is the kind of book you can't take too seriously. It's complete fiction, so if you look to this as a real self-help book, you've picked up the wrong title. The narrator's self-help lessons come with "examples" of his own life. A bit vulgar (though from the title, one shouldn't be surprised abo
Michael
Jul 06, 2014 Michael rated it it was ok
Honestly, I read this because of the title - I got it long ago when using the F-word in a book title was unprecedented and transgressive. The book itself is OK; very light and somewhat amusing, enough to hold my interest once but I haven't bothered to read it again. Actually, I'm not even sure if I still have my copy.
Brandon Scott
Dec 01, 2015 Brandon Scott rated it it was amazing
Gifted to me from my friend and manager at work, I've learned a lot from Wing and his misadventures from reading his tale. Nary a slow passage in this work of fact/fiction. This is drama at what I consider to be a high caliber.

Or perhaps I just enjoy stories of highly combustible yet successful people.
Anne
Nov 17, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
A little embarrassing to be reading the book in public because of its name but overall it was pretty good. The premise is to be positive in life. A bit raunchy in spots but kinda made me giggle in spots as well. Thanks Brian for the recommendation:)
Melissa
Jun 06, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Don't let the obscene part of the title deter you from this book. . . I discovered it years ago when my cousin was reading it and so I started to read it, too. I thought it was an excellent book and I've read it so many times that my book fell apart. I highly recommend it!
Lauren
Jul 07, 2008 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book, written by Tom Robbins under the pseudonym Reverand Wing F. Fing, was exactly what the title suggests; the book is an affirmation of life inspired by always saying fuck yes to everything in life. I highly suggest this book, if you can get your hands on a copy (thanks Steve)!
brian tanabe
Sep 28, 2007 brian tanabe rated it liked it
An absolute must-read for all Tom Robbins fans.
Beth
Jun 10, 2008 Beth rated it did not like it
I was really excited about this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I'll try again at a later time because all the other reviews say it's so great.
Amber
Apr 26, 2008 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-stuff
A rare, out of print book. Mixing humor and satire against the backdrop of a fiction story, you will look at my favorite curse word in a much different way! Enjoy the naughty bits!
~elizabeth~
Jun 16, 2012 ~elizabeth~ rated it really liked it
OK... this just HAS to be written by Tom Robbins under a pseudonym
Shirley
Jan 03, 2009 Shirley rated it it was ok
A very different sort of treatise, one that alternated between insulting me and amusing me. Not recommended reading and not nearly as interesting as it should have been given its title.
P.c.t.
P.c.t. rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2012
James
James rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2017
Amanda Ashton-Booth
Amanda Ashton-Booth rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2017
  • Fuck This Book
  • Surviving Your Stupid, Stupid Decision to Go to Grad School
  • Oak-Mot
  • I Still Miss My Man But My Aim Is Getting Better
  • White Bears and Other Unwanted Thoughts: Suppression, Obsession, and the Psychology of Mental Control
  • Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy
  • Let's Play Doctor: The Instant Guide To Walking, Talking, and Probing Like a Real M.D.
  • Choosing Happiness: Keys to a Joyful Life
  • An Unfortunate Woman
  • The Classical Tradition: Greek and Roman Influences on Western Literature
  • The Absent Lord
  • Brain: The Complete Mind
  • Elephant Man
  • Counter Intelligence: Where to Eat in the Real Los Angeles
A sad, defeated man sat alone in a cabin in the mountains. On the radio, a psychologist offered advice about how to cope with life's problems, recommending one self-help book after another. Irritated to the point of shouting, both at the shallow advice and by the idea that some book could solve his problems, the man stormed out of the cabin.

He made his way through the forest muttering to himself,
More about Wing F. Fing...