Start by marking “De negende boeddha” as Want to Read:
De negende boeddha

De negende boeddha

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A 10-year-old boy is inexplicably kidnapped at knifepoint and swept off into the mysterious East. His father, former British intelligence agent Christopher Wylam, launches a frantic search, finding him in a gilded Buddhist monastery. Wylam battles to rescue his son, seen by some as a mystical reincarnation, and by others as a pawn in a war of unfolding nightmares. HC: Doub ...more
Published 1993 (first published May 22nd 1989)

To ask other readers questions about De negende boeddha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De negende boeddha

Mary JL
Mar 29, 2009 Mary JL rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: thriller and action fans; or if interested in Tibet
Recommended to Mary JL by: Found at book sale
Shelves: action-adventure
In 1920, a former member of British Intelligence has retired and returned to England. His wife has died and he is raising his ten year old son, Wiliam, alone. Then William is abducted at knifepoint. Now Major Christopher Wylan finds himself in a unusual chase acroos the world--ending in Tibet.

That is basically it. The book jacket said "breath-taking thriller" but I did not find it breath taking at all. It was merely an average action yarn. I tried it because of the unusual time frame and locale
Kaylol
There isn't something really bad about this book - except that it's mostly a sad story and not thrilling at all.
I expected it to be a good thriller, but for me it wasn't.
Angela
The aspect of the book I most enjoyed was the descriptions of Tibet and the surrounding countryside. As a book, the plot was odd and had a very unsatisfactory ending.
Jay Allan Storey
I love this kind of escapist, exotic adventure story. I especially liked the settings, in the mountains of Tibet. Strictly entertainment, but I enjoyed it.
Ejaz Gosani
A book that taught me to first imagine an adventure in order to live it
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sue
Sue added it
Nov 04, 2014
John
John added it
Oct 31, 2014
Jacqueline Atherton
Jacqueline Atherton marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Ina
Ina added it
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Brotherhood of the Tomb The Judas Testament The Seventh Sanctuary Name of the Beast The Last Assassin