Start by marking “Just One Kiss” as Want to Read:
Just One Kiss

Just One Kiss

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Just A Dream

Cheated out of her inheritance by a willful stepmother, Lady Elizabeth Stanton follows Nathaniel O'Connor to America -- eager to accept the dashing shipbuilder's proposal of marriage. But it is a stranger who greets the penniless miss at her intended's door -- the true owner of the grand Boston mansion, Nathaniel's handsome, secretive and insufferable older bro
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Kiss

Jess the Romanceaholic
I think I would have enjoyed it more had it been the first Samantha James novel that I'd read, but having just finished Gabriel's Bride, I couldn't help but notice the bajillion similarities between the books. There were even several instances where it seemed that she'd taken phrases and just copy/pasted them into the other text.

Ahh well. It was still an enjoyable story. Thus far, I've found her books to be very similar to books written by Elizabeth Rolls, in that there's always a ton of angst c
Maddux
Kind of an angsty read, but not intolerable.

Hero had such a lack of trust in the heroine, I'm surprised he could even trust her to chew and swallow her food correctly. No one can be totally without trust, IMO. Though the hero has suffered several trust-inducing setbacks with family and the human race in general.

And I can see where he's coming from. Though I've never been in those shoes before.

And why should it be such a shock to our heroine that our hero is a widower? In a time where people die
Lynsey A
This was a delightful story! I really enjoyed this Samantha James book. Sometimes her heroines can get annoying but not so Elizabeth. Based on the story, I thought she might turn that way but she didn't.

The hero, Morgan could be a jerk at times but he wasn't so terrible that he was unlikable. At times he could be sweet to Elizabeth. The time they spent at his cottage was probably the best part of the book. Morgan and Elizabeth were loving to each other. It was quite sweet.

There were some momen
Maura
Heroine was a bit TSTL. I mean, how many times does the hero have to get pissed off and raging about her seeming to be unfaithful and her being near his brother before she gets the hint that maybe she should be a bit more careful about how things look. But no, after he's they have a huge fight over her not staying away from the brother, she goes traipsing off to his brother's house. Idiot!

Hero was a bit too growly and irritable for me. Why she fell in love with such an undemonstrative grouch I
Theresa Contreras
HOW FRUSTRATING! This book drove me nuts, he was so jealous and suspicious and i found her to be silly as well. He doesn't trust any woman after his last wife bed down every other man she could find including his brother. Ok i get it you don't trust women but damn does your new wife have to pay for just about 98% of the book? There were times when he could have started to trust her and then the book could have been really sexy for sure but she did bring a lot on herself too. How many times do yo ...more
Antoinette Lewis
I must say I cried when reading this book. I understand all that Morgan had gone through and his lack of trust. But why must they take forever to speak their minds or tell their spouse what happen before they find out.

I cried for Nathaniel and Morgan. I loved it
tired
Ana
I'm a bit disappointed with this book. It's not as interesting as the author's other books .
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Elizabeth left England to chase after a rake and to escape a horrid step-mother, who only cares for herself, after her father died. Morgan has spent his life looking out for, cleaning up after, and taking the blame for his rake of a little brother Nathaniel. Elizabeth and Morgan are drawn to each other from the beginning, and are forced into a marriage which is not really a hardship for either. Morgan faces his past and puts it aside for his future. Nathaniel finally owns up to his past and take ...more
Reenie
I think as another reviewer said, this was not a very nice book. Other than the forage to come to America on her own,the heroine did not have much slunk and the hero was just miserable. He may have had reasons but he took them out on Elizabeth to an abusive point.
Giselle
Giselle marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Ddonnley
Ddonnley marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Tess Evans
Tess Evans marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Brianna Edwards
Brianna Edwards marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Miki
Miki marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Caitlin Doyle
Caitlin Doyle marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Lemon
Lemon marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Rudhradev
Rudhradev marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Never Call It Love
  • The Savage
  • Fallen
  • The Marriage Bed
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Huntington, #1)
  • Viking!
  • Lions And Lace (Van Alen Sisters #1)
  • Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy (Harlequin Presents , #2879)
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Firestorm (The Bragg Saga, Book 2)
  • The Veranchetti Marriage (Lynne Graham Collection, #1)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...
A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1) A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell (McBride Family, #1) His Wicked Ways (McKay, #1) A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)