Start by marking “Hometown Sweetheart” as Want to Read:
Hometown Sweetheart

Hometown Sweetheart (Hometown)

Seven unruly kids have moved next door to Simon Adams's mountain cabin. On a church retreat, these rambunctious rascals and their perky teacher, Shanna White, prove to be too much for one reclusive craftsman to handle. Plus, they're a big reminder of everything Simon lost, especially his chance for marriage and family. All he wants is to be left alone, but soon he's drawn ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Sweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Sweetheart

Kathy Eberly
Apr 21, 2011 Kathy Eberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome take on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! I absolutely loved this book.
Joanne Reese
Jun 12, 2017 Joanne Reese rated it it was amazing
Simon Adams tries hiding away in his mountain cabin so that he can grieve the loss of his wife in peace. But when a group of kids move in next door for a week of summer camp, Simon has a hard time keeping his boundaries in place. Unwilling to engage in the kind of life he had when his wife was alive, the rowdy bunch of kids with hurts of their own, begin luring him back into a life of joy.

Shanna White serves as the camp leader. Her sunny disposition and determination to include Simon in the fun
Kym McNabney
May 22, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing
It has been some time since I last read one of LENORA WORTH'S books, but only because she changed genres. She was one of the very first inspirational fiction authors I read, and I fell in love with her writing. I was excited to discover HOMETOWN SWEETHEART.

As I began to read this wonderful story, I wasn't disappointed, being instantly swept away. The writing was just as amazing as I'd remembered, with three-dimensional characters you'll fall in love with. The storyline was unique and rich.

Shanna
pam
Apr 12, 2011 pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
i do like love inspired books they our cute little storries that make you feel so warm inside. this book was no excecption.
it is about a women name shanna white she took some rambunctious kids on a camp trip for a week. There she meets a handsome cowboy boot maker the one of a kind simon adams. He has issuses of his own his wife died and he has withdrawn from the world. Shanna tries to help him come out of isolation and join the world, but Shanna has issuses too. Until one thunder storm changes
Maria Chelsea
Jul 10, 2016 Maria Chelsea rated it really liked it
i could have given this a full 5 stars but im giving it a 4 cause its not the absolute best.

i love it when a book makes me relate to it in some way.
Just the idea of pain and grief is so clear to me.
its not the best story but the simple writing and the realism of the character's reactions and emotions is really good and i enjoyed it.

might try other Lenory Worth's books a try someday.
Jamie Humphrey
May 03, 2015 Jamie Humphrey rated it really liked it
This was a cute little story and the romance in this story is completely innocent and adorable. I was so happy when the two main characters finally got together. But I was very sad at all the kids had to go through. Very touching story
Mistyblue
Mar 11, 2012 Mistyblue rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Nice, clean romance. I enjoyed the story. I don't know that it will stand out in my mind a lot, but it was a nice piece of escapist literature. :)
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Reeds
Jan 05, 2017 Reeds added it
It was fine, but it won't stick in my mind or become a re-read for me.
Heidi
Nov 22, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
I really like the characters and the story line. Author did a great job, one of the first love inspired novels I have read. Just a feel good easy read.
Melissa
Oct 27, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Quick easy read. Not the best Love Inspired book I have read. This was more of a plain love story than a "learn to lean on God" love story. Still good, though. I chuckled and cried throughout.
PWRL
Jun 15, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Dolores Ann
An excellent book and a good version of Snow White.
Kara Merry
May 08, 2011 Kara Merry rated it really liked it
I think this was sweet because we learn our romance does come from those who care about us if we have in mind HOLY matrimony and not just the casual friends we become but the best of friends.
Sandi Hart
Jun 01, 2013 Sandi Hart rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-inspired
I loved this book. The end something about it bothers me. I don't know what, but I loved it anyway.
Amanda Petersen
Amanda Petersen rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Diane Schmidt
Diane Schmidt rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2017
Hannah Habeck
Hannah Habeck rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2017
melissa  ann  ward
melissa ann ward rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2016
Jennifer Rich
Jennifer Rich rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Kim Painter
Kim Painter rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Laura rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Patriciaw
Patriciaw rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
April
April rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Renn
Renn rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Swhe641200
Swhe641200 rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow (Mule Hollow, #17) (Dry Creek, #18)
  • The Nanny's Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #1)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • Second Chance Dad (Aspen Creek Crossroads #2)
  • The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch, #3)
  • The Baby Promise
  • The Prodigal Comes Home (Mirror Lake, #3)
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)
  • Daddy in the Making (New Friends Street, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Healing Ways (Cooper Creek, #4)
  • His Holiday Family
Lenora Worth has written 75 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone when she received her 50th book pin from Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has millions of books in print and is a NY Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense and Tule Publishing. ...more
More about Lenora Worth...

Hometown (2 books)