Hometown Sweetheart

Hometown Sweetheart (Hometown)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Seven unruly kids have moved next door to Simon Adams's mountain cabin. On a church retreat, these rambunctious rascals and their perky teacher, Shanna White, prove to be too much for one reclusive craftsman to handle. Plus, they're a big reminder of everything Simon lost, especially his chance for marriage and family. All he wants is to be left alone, but soon he's drawn...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Sweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Sweetheart

Kathy Eberly
What an awesome take on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! I absolutely loved this book.
Kym McNabney
It has been some time since I last read one of LENORA WORTH'S books, but only because she changed genres. She was one of the very first inspirational fiction authors I read, and I fell in love with her writing. I was excited to discover HOMETOWN SWEETHEART.

As I began to read this wonderful story, I wasn't disappointed, being instantly swept away. The writing was just as amazing as I'd remembered, with three-dimensional characters you'll fall in love with. The storyline was unique and rich.

Shanna...more
Janine
"Hometown Sweetheart" by Lenora Worth is a book full of hurt just in different forms and shapes, but more than that it is full of hope and healing.

Simon the grouchy hermit who wants to be left alone so he can work in total solitude. He is a man who is hurting from a major loss in his life. Yet deep under all that grumpiness there is a heart of gold mixed in a lot of confusion.

Shanna is a Pollyanna type character with a smile always on her, reaching out to others who are hurting, all while she hi...more
pam
i do like love inspired books they our cute little storries that make you feel so warm inside. this book was no excecption.
it is about a women name shanna white she took some rambunctious kids on a camp trip for a week. There she meets a handsome cowboy boot maker the one of a kind simon adams. He has issuses of his own his wife died and he has withdrawn from the world. Shanna tries to help him come out of isolation and join the world, but Shanna has issuses too. Until one thunder storm changes...more
Wendy Sparkes
Loved this modern retelling of Snow White!
Kara Merry
I think this was sweet because we learn our romance does come from those who care about us if we have in mind HOLY matrimony and not just the casual friends we become but the best of friends.
Melissa
Quick easy read. Not the best Love Inspired book I have read. This was more of a plain love story than a "learn to lean on God" love story. Still good, though. I chuckled and cried throughout.
Heidi
I really like the characters and the story line. Author did a great job, one of the first love inspired novels I have read. Just a feel good easy read.
Mistyblue
Nice, clean romance. I enjoyed the story. I don't know that it will stand out in my mind a lot, but it was a nice piece of escapist literature. :)
Sandi Hart
I loved this book. The end something about it bothers me. I don't know what, but I loved it anyway.
PWRL
Jun 15, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Tabitha Vinson
Tabitha Vinson marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Aug 15, 2014
Mittico Lewis
Mittico Lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Cindy Bauer
Cindy Bauer marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Jun 14, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Lorie
Lorie marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lenora Worth has written 35 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone in 2006 when she received her 25th book pin from Steeple Hill and Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has over 1 million books in print. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense for Steeple Hill. Married to her childhood sweetheart, Lenora...more
More about Lenora Worth...
The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3) An April Bride (A Year of Weddings, #5) Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2) A Perfect Love (Texas Hearts, #2) Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)