Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You

Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Candice Kumai has traveled a long way since she battle over cookie cutters on Season 1 of Bravo's Top Chef. Now this bi-coastal beauty serves as the vibrant co-host of Lifetime's Cook Yourself Thin; not to mention, the primary contributor to the series' companion book. Now she's back with her first solo effort, which one early reviewer called "the most gorgeous health insp

Published February 1st 2011 by Rodale

Joan
Although I didn't watch, Candice Kumai was on the first season of Top Chef. I was intrigued with this book for it's low fat, healthy aspect, since I'm trying to loose weight and get healthier. Candice is also the host of Lifetimes Cook Yourself Thin and has a couple of other cookbooks out.

This book is a bit busy with lots going on the pages. Usually that bothers me but for some reason it seems to work in this book. It also has a girly feel which begins right on the dust jacket with part of an ar...more
I've made a few recipes from this book. I enjoyed the muffin recipe I tried. I really liked the quinoa salad recipe too. Recently I made the Orange Glazed Chicken Stir Fry and it completely turned me off on this cook book. The recipe serves 4 and she calls for a FULL TEASPOON OF CAYENNE! My husband LOVES spicy food...ridiculously spicy food and I only added 1/2 a tsp and he thought it was insane! You couldn't even taste the meal because the cayenne over powered everything.
Stephanie
I absolutely adore the Candice Kumai recipe books. Similar to Cook Yourself Sexy: Easy Delicious Recipes for the Hottest, Most Confident You, the recipes are very easy to follow and most of the ingredients can be found at your local supermarket.
I've got a lot of food books at home but I've found that with most of them, there are only a few recipes that I actually would use. With Pretty Delicious, there are many recipes that I've tried which have turned out delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to tr...more
Mo Tipton
I picked this book up as much for the design as for the recipes--the layout is gorgeous with plenty of full-color photos and beautiful patterns decorating the pages. Roughly one-third to one-half of the recipes aren't vegetarian (although they sound delicious, if you do eat meat), but I love that everything requires a minimal amount of ingredients and fussing in the kitchen. This would be a great weeknight dinner book, and there are also tons of yummy recipes that would be perfect for parties.

I...more
Becky Hoffman
This cookbook is awesome! I just picked it up from work the other day and sat down and went through all the recipes to plan out for this next week of cooking and I was only about twenty pages in before I had my whole week planned out. It's got some really great recipes and doesn't sacrifice taste to make it healthy. I'm waiting to get her next one that comes out in October!
Bernadette
This is a fantastic cookbook that I might not have grabbed but for the fact that it was on the new shelf at the library. Title hides the seriously great ideas... I like the idea of "FWBs"- foods with benefits. Family loved the Teri-Glazed turkey meatball yakatori on pg 173!
Kristy
This book is gorgeous, first of all - it's laid out really well. And I made a whole-grain spaghetti thing with chicken, bell peppers and peanut sauce that was rather fabulous. Everything in there is healthy and I like her stance on food/dieting. Recommended!
Joan
Good information regarding health benefits accompanies the recipes. Tasty, healthy, beautiful dishes make me want to get into the kitchen and cook! Nice cookbook for any level of cooking skills.
Jules
This is hands down the prettiest cook book I've ever seen! The recipes are healthy, simple and look great. Definitely worth every penny.
Beka
Looks yummy, but nothing in particular stood out to me. I love the photography, but the recipes were just too basic for me.
Kristl
Gorgeous book with yummy, real, practical (and inexpensive) recipe ideas. Pumpkin pancakes? Come on, now.
Mark Hardin
Excellent book. Great for folks who want to watch their waist but not go on some crazy diet.
Mark Hardin
great read. A nice spin on some old favs with lower fat content. Lovely book!!
Sandra
An amazing cookbook- be sure to try the scones!
Catharine
Catharine marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Alexandra Allen
Alexandra Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
May 29, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cook Yourself Sexy: Easy Delicious Recipes for the Hottest, Most Confident You Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind Clean Green Drinks: 100-Plus Perfect Blends That Make Every Day Bikini Body Season! Cook Yourself Sexy: Easy, Delicious Recipes for the Hottest, Most Confident You The Bikini Body Diet Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes for a Slimmer, Shapelier, Sexier You