Start by marking “Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You” as Want to Read:
Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You

Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  98 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

Candice Kumai has traveled a long way since she battle over cookie cutters on Season 1 of Bravo's Top Chef. Now this bi-coastal beauty serves as the vibrant co-host of Lifetime's Cook Yourself Thin; not to mention, the primary contributor to the series' companion book. Now she's back with her first solo effort, which one early reviewer called "the most gorgeous health insp

Published February 1st 2011 by Rodale

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Delicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Delicious

Joan
Nov 03, 2012 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I didn't watch, Candice Kumai was on the first season of Top Chef. I was intrigued with this book for it's low fat, healthy aspect, since I'm trying to loose weight and get healthier. Candice is also the host of Lifetimes Cook Yourself Thin and has a couple of other cookbooks out.

This book is a bit busy with lots going on the pages. Usually that bothers me but for some reason it seems to work in this book. It also has a girly feel which begins right on the dust jacket with part of an ar
Mar 11, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've made a few recipes from this book. I enjoyed the muffin recipe I tried. I really liked the quinoa salad recipe too. Recently I made the Orange Glazed Chicken Stir Fry and it completely turned me off on this cook book. The recipe serves 4 and she calls for a FULL TEASPOON OF CAYENNE! My husband LOVES spicy food...ridiculously spicy food and I only added 1/2 a tsp and he thought it was insane! You couldn't even taste the meal because the cayenne over powered everything.
Stephanie
Mar 16, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore the Candice Kumai recipe books. Similar to Cook Yourself Sexy: Easy Delicious Recipes for the Hottest, Most Confident You, the recipes are very easy to follow and most of the ingredients can be found at your local supermarket.
I've got a lot of food books at home but I've found that with most of them, there are only a few recipes that I actually would use. With Pretty Delicious, there are many recipes that I've tried which have turned out delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to tr
Melissa
May 21, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up as much for the design as for the recipes--the layout is gorgeous with plenty of full-color photos and beautiful patterns decorating the pages. Roughly one-third to one-half of the recipes aren't vegetarian (although they sound delicious, if you do eat meat), but I love that everything requires a minimal amount of ingredients and fussing in the kitchen. This would be a great weeknight dinner book, and there are also tons of yummy recipes that would be perfect for parties.

I
Deanna
Jun 22, 2016 Deanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ideas and lots of super tips.
Becky Hoffman
Jun 04, 2012 Becky Hoffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is awesome! I just picked it up from work the other day and sat down and went through all the recipes to plan out for this next week of cooking and I was only about twenty pages in before I had my whole week planned out. It's got some really great recipes and doesn't sacrifice taste to make it healthy. I'm waiting to get her next one that comes out in October!
Bernadette
Nov 16, 2012 Bernadette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic cookbook that I might not have grabbed but for the fact that it was on the new shelf at the library. Title hides the seriously great ideas... I like the idea of "FWBs"- foods with benefits. Family loved the Teri-Glazed turkey meatball yakatori on pg 173!
Kristy
Jun 22, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This book is gorgeous, first of all - it's laid out really well. And I made a whole-grain spaghetti thing with chicken, bell peppers and peanut sauce that was rather fabulous. Everything in there is healthy and I like her stance on food/dieting. Recommended!
Joan
Jul 16, 2011 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
Good information regarding health benefits accompanies the recipes. Tasty, healthy, beautiful dishes make me want to get into the kitchen and cook! Nice cookbook for any level of cooking skills.
Jules
Jun 14, 2011 Jules rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hands down the prettiest cook book I've ever seen! The recipes are healthy, simple and look great. Definitely worth every penny.
Beka
Aug 20, 2012 Beka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Looks yummy, but nothing in particular stood out to me. I love the photography, but the recipes were just too basic for me.
Kristl
Apr 08, 2011 Kristl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, health
Gorgeous book with yummy, real, practical (and inexpensive) recipe ideas. Pumpkin pancakes? Come on, now.
Mark Hardin
Excellent book. Great for folks who want to watch their waist but not go on some crazy diet.
Mark Hardin
great read. A nice spin on some old favs with lower fat content. Lovely book!!
Sandra
Oct 18, 2012 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing cookbook- be sure to try the scones!
vivian
vivian rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2016
Lisa Stephen
Lisa Stephen rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
HappyCookbooker
HappyCookbooker marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sking
Sking added it
Jun 21, 2016
Spike
Spike rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Heather Worobey
Heather Worobey marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Lisa Barnes
Lisa Barnes marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Seryn
Seryn added it
May 01, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Skinny Dish! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful
  • Real Food Has Curves: How to Get Off Processed Food, Lose Weight, and Love What You Eat
  • The Fresh 20 Cookbook: 20 ingredients = 5 healthy and delicious weeknight dinners
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
  • Joyous Health: Eat And Live Well Without Dieting
  • Seasonal Fruit Desserts: From Orchard, Farm, and Market
  • Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille
  • I Love Macarons
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • Diet Recovery 2: Restoring Mind and Metabolism from Dieting, Weight Loss, Exercise, and Healthy Food
  • French Food at Home
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • My Little French Kitchen
  • Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home: 52 Quick Meals to Cook for Family and Friends