Start by marking “Do Ants Have Arseholes?” as Want to Read:
Do Ants Have Arseholes?

Do Ants Have Arseholes?

2.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A hilarious parody of the popular series of New Scientist question and answer booksDoes AnythingEat Wasps?and Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze?

How easy is it to fall off a log? Where is the middle of nowhere? Do we really have no bananas? The readers ofOld Gitmagazine are a batty, befuddled, potty-mouthed bunch, who seem to spend a significant chunk of their spare time corr
Audio CD, 1 page
Published October 2nd 2008 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Do Ants Have Arseholes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Ants Have Arseholes?

Loy Machedo
Dec 05, 2011 Loy Machedo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do Ants Have Arseholes is the sad bad and tad attempt of Jon Butler and Bruno Vincent, to either show you what a disaster a blank pathetic directionless scientific endeavor can take human beings or in simple words, how to make yourself a look like a fool for the rest of your careers.
Where I assumed this would be a creative blend of science and universal discovery, I was disappointingly and shamefully bored to death hearing strange noises come out from every orifice by body thanks to the squeals
Oana M.
Oct 12, 2013 Oana M. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The opposite of what I had in mind when I bought the book. Still, I tried to understand the motivation behind writing it (be it a parody or however one may call it) but no... I couldn't understand why this book appeared in print. Beats me.
Bill
Jun 05, 2009 Bill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abso-bloody-lutely hilarious. I was about halfway through before I realised that all these questions and answers were made up for publication as a regular item in a humourous magazine. If you want a damned good laugh then read this!
Midnightcollage
Feb 10, 2012 Midnightcollage rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A parody of all those brilliant question books that are out there. If you bought this, thinking it would be a normal book of silly questions that people ask, but genuinely want to know the answers to, you'll be disappointed. Like I was :(
William
Aug 24, 2011 William rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a one because there are no zeros. I like books of questions but only when the answers make sense. The answers bordered more on the stupid than they did on the funny.
Amy
May 04, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for christmas as I like this type of silly book. However, it will be going in the next charity shop bag that comes through my door!

This wasn't the best of these books I have read by far and I can safely say I didn't enjoy it. If like me you thought this book would be of normal question and answers your wrong, its not funny but stupid!
Emma
Feb 03, 2012 Emma rated it did not like it
Looking for some light comic relief on my long trek home from work last night, I found this on my ipod and thought I would have a listen. I have never been more disappointed. I'd expected it to be a bit silly for comic effect, but this was just pure rubbish. I really didn't enjoy listening to it and contemplated switching it off at a number of points. Perhaps this works as a book, but as an audio book it fails. For a start you can't tell where one question - and the subsequent commentary - ends ...more
Akshay Anurag
Jun 05, 2015 Akshay Anurag rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No questions answered with a scientific point of view. Seems like someone wrote it in a funny mood.
No one should read this book if he is to maintain his sanity !!!
Sunlita
Feb 12, 2014 Sunlita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-stars-books
Light fun and 'intelligently' entertaining, those Moriarte stuffs really crack me up.
Robin Clubb
Apr 16, 2015 Robin Clubb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Utter rubbish
Cindy
Jun 04, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is not a serious non-fiction book, but rather a tongue-in-cheek book with very typically British humor. For example, one of my favorite questions (and for me the questions were the most humorous as some of the British cultural allusions were beyond me) was : "If a deaf man goes to court, is it still called a hearing?"
Casey
Dec 06, 2011 Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mymap
Once I realized this entire book from the questions asked, the answers given and the people who wrote in were a parody I enjoyed many laughs and giggles out loud.
If you are easily offended or don't have an open sense of humor this book is NOT for you!
Edwina Hall Callan
Jan 22, 2014 Edwina Hall Callan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2014
The only funny thing about this book is the title.
It's so bad that I had to FORCE myself to finish it.
If I believed in burning books then this would be somewhere very near the top.
Don't waste your time.
Martin
May 22, 2013 Martin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A silly, funny spoof of "silly question" books, it's an entertaining pasttime, if you don't care for actual scientific answers, or anything close to resembling an actual answer to the question. Which I do.
Alicia
I just didn't get the humour. So I gave up. There's no point reading a 'funny book' when you don't find it funny.
Kristina  UK
Feb 18, 2012 Kristina UK rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour
Spoof magazine columns as books might have been overdone a little. This one was OK but it really was trying to hard.
Primadonna
Jun 11, 2009 Primadonna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I don't get most of the parts. The answers are clearly made up and to me, it diminishes the edge.
Jamie
Sep 01, 2009 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bruno is a friend of mine so any future review should take in to account that bias
Ginnz
Jun 24, 2008 Ginnz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A piss take of the new scientist books that was quite funny.
Ian Shaw
Jan 29, 2015 Ian Shaw rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Funny-ish at first.
Not a bad book for the toilet.
Xu Yin
Jul 31, 2011 Xu Yin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
sadly I am not one of those who think this is funny...
Define Normal please
Jan 19, 2008 Define Normal please rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
...LoL...rather funny and humorous!

X *** X
Richard Craig
Dec 21, 2010 Richard Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Veeeeery funny spoof trivia.
Bill Williams
Dec 25, 2010 Bill Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is worth a read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Comes the Dark Stranger
  • Confessions of an Actor
  • The Kill Zone - 1st Edition/1st Impression
  • The Operative (Stratton, #3)
  • The Pinocchio Syndrome
  • Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday
  • Blessed - The Autobiography
  • St Agnes' Stand
  • Mad World, My Masters: Tales from a Traveller's Life
  • Blood Born (Dr. Anya Crichton, #4)
  • Men In Black
  • Feel: Robbie Williams
  • How to Rule the World: A Handbook for the Aspiring Dictator
  • The Family Way
  • Vengeance Road (Jack Gannon #1)
  • John Dollar