Start by marking “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” as Want to Read:
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

"I'LL BE BACK"

In The Terminator, a cyborg from the future was sent back in time to 1984 to kill a seemingly innocent woman who was destined too give birth to a child, John Connor, who would one day lead the human Resistance against the machines. It failed.

Now, in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, a second Terminator has been sent back in time. Its new mission is to strike at Jo
Published 1991 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Terminator 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terminator 2

Riku Sayuj
Mar 03, 2014 Riku Sayuj rated it liked it

Is it just me, or did anyone else wonder while watching Terminator 2 why future generations would program a cyborg with a thick accent, then have the nerve to make the cyborg say that he continually learns from his environment?

~ a grammar snob

description

And consider this: Given his learning abilities, he actually could have said "I'll be BACH!".

In fact, given his learning abilities, that must be what he meant all along. The accent just doesn't make sense.

Could it be that there was some confusion about the
Michelle
I have to admit, I'm still yet to read the very first Terminator novelization, but considering it is also written by Randall Frakes, it might be something I have to buy/read as soon as. (There's also one by Shaun Hutson, if you're interested - however I don't know what the difference is between the two.)

What I loved about this book is that, even though it's only 240 pages, I found it to be a very dense 240 pages. There's so much description in it, and there's also more of an insight into the cha
Holli
A good sequel and also another good addition with the extra story stuff adding to what the movie introduced. I like this book series, as well as the movie series itself (including Genisys) and look forward to reading the others in this series. I'm curious to see what the authors do with this world and its characters. And to find out what else will be added to an interesting world and universe.
Harry007
Aug 12, 2015 Harry007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action
I read this novelisation various times a very long time ago. I practically studied it because I was so addicted to Terminator lore. This was before 'Terminator 3' was released in 2003. This book blew my mind as a kid. So many ideas, and good characterisation, plus other stuff I'm just figuring out. This story is probably a five-act play, and that's why the structure seems a little weird. Compared to the first movie/book, it would seem this sequel is mildly bloated, going off on two new tangents ...more
Amar Pai
I enjoyed it, but probably cos I've seen the movie. It's really just the movie in book form.
Marlow
Jul 13, 2008 Marlow rated it liked it
I read this book after I had seen the movie. The book expands on a lot of the things in the movie. Things in the movie that didn't seem like it meant much. The ending is different than the movie. I like the ending in the book much better. It seems more touching an believable.
Rebecca
I recently saw the film which is still one of my favourites and I always enjoy and remembered that I still had the book and decided to read it whilst the film was fresh in my head. As movie tie-ins go it was okay but nothing special. There was some differences to the dialogue and changes to scenes which I found quite annoying. Overall it was a bit underwhelming. It is partly because it was a sci-fi blockbuster and somethings are just better visually like the futuristic world of the terminator or ...more
Eric
AH, Terminator 2 and Bill and Ted's 2, the brief part of 1991 when my mom wouldn't let me go to see a movie unless i read the book version. resulting in me reading the paperback adaptations of these two kickass movies. believe it or not, bill and ted's 2 made slightly more sense on paper. descriptions of the liquid metal terminator were not as cool as the movie.
Brad Agotnes
Apr 07, 2014 Brad Agotnes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a big fan of the film, the book gives more detail into the story, and includes other minor characters. The book also shoes what many of the characters are thinking, even what Miles Dyson is thinking when he is about to die. Recommended!
Mark Palmer
Oct 05, 2014 Mark Palmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Was the only source of additional story material until the expanded version of the movie came out.
Marcin Brzozowski
Scenariusz rozbudowany do książki. Tępa jak łyżka, ale zacna lekturka wakacyjna.
May 31, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
This was pretty much the same as the movie script (which was fine with me as I love the movie), with a few extra scenes that didn't make it to the theatres. It was like watching the extras on the DVD and seeing the deleted scenes, I kept going "Oh, that didn't happen in the movie."
Andy Huber
Sep 16, 2012 Andy Huber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

love it

The scene where his chip get activated.
It is shown in terminator 3.

The moviescene where he stands infront
of the car, and turn hiself off and on
shows perfect how artificial work.

Dan
May 07, 2014 Dan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much fun as seeing the movie for the first time.
Chris
Sep 01, 2012 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading.
Maurice Azurdia
Maurice Azurdia rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Stuart
Stuart added it
Sep 26, 2016
Nick Anderson
Nick Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Natalia
Natalia rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Renee Taylor
Renee Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Jackson Weatherly
Jackson Weatherly rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Aly Basony
Aly Basony rated it it was amazing
Malik Grady
Malik Grady marked it as to-read
Sonny
Sonny marked it as to-read
Li Wenjie
Li Wenjie rated it liked it
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Mallory Kellogg
Mallory Kellogg marked it as to-read
Gisele Miller
Gisele Miller marked it as to-read
MrIInN
MrIInN rated it it was amazing
Lynn Harvey
Lynn Harvey rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Twist Ending 1 3 Jun 16, 2014 11:09AM
  • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
  • Terminator Salvation: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes
  • T2: Rising Storm
  • Terminator Salvation: Cold War
  • First Contact (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Back to the Future, Part 2
  • Tron
  • Terminator and Philosophy: I'll Be Back, Therefore I Am
  • Terminator Omnibus Volume 1
  • Dick Tracy
  • SILVER: The Lost & Damned (The Amaranthe Chronicles, #2) (Silver, #2)
  • The Making of Jurassic Park