Start by marking “A Veiled Reflection” as Want to Read:
A Veiled Reflection

A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles #3)

A case of switched identities causes confusion amid the strict rules of a Arizona Harvey House. Westward Chronicles book 3.
Published August 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A Veiled Reflection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Veiled Reflection

Carol
Jan 23, 2017 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story of a set of twins, one is a Harvey's girl, but decides to get married & instead of pay off her contract, convinces her sister to finish it for her...it's only 3 months! This is set in Arizona & includes info on the Navajo.
Charity Tinnin
3.5 stars.

A nostalgic reread for me, yet I was surprised by how current the racial identify/inequality threads felt.
Kristin Smale-forrester
Cute read with excellent characters!
Kelsey
Nov 06, 2016 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light love story. Sweet twin girl falls in love with a doctor. :-) A little predictable, but cute.
Kathryn
Kate (Too Read or Not Too Read)
A Veiled Reflection is actually my favorite book from the Westward Chronicles. It is a little different from the first two books. The main character is new to the series, however, we do have a returning minor character.

A Veiled Reflection follows Jillian as she sets out on her own adventure. Her whole life, she has sat at home and watched as her twin sister Judith set off to go and try new things. On a visit home, Judith reviles to Jillian that she is going to get married, and that Jillian need
Kristen
I thought this book would be more about what a 'Harvey Girl' did in the 1800's. A man named Harvey started restaurants next to train depots in the US and had girls go through a 3 month training before they were hired at a Harvey house to bus tables, clean, and cook. They were very famous becuase each girl was taught one skill, such as pouring coffee, or serving food. Then when each girl did her one duty, the service was very quick. Anyway, the book turned out to be historically interesting, but ...more
Angela
Jan 03, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Tracie Peterson's historical fiction books and I must say this is one of her best. Easily my favorite out of the three in this series. :) What she said about trusting in God and worrying being a sin really caused me to think and ponder about my own lack of trust. Everytime I read one of her books it strengthen's my walk with the Lord. The historical accuracy of this book was on point and I loved the character's personalities. The romance of the two main characters "Jillian and Mac" was su ...more
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 Tamara Tilley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tracie-peterson, own
THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES is a delightful three-book series set around The Harvey House, an establishment offering fine dining along the stops of frontier rail travel. Each book highlights a Harvey Girl and the circumstances and situations that brought them to serve at the Harvey House. Originally published in 1999-2000, THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES were re-packaged in 2005. A sucker for the Old West, I enjoyed the simple charm of these books and the loveable characters created by Tracie Peterson.
Annette White
Oct 22, 2016 Annette White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jillian Finds Herself and Mac

I chose a 5 star rating because I loved, yet another Tracie Peterson book! I only want to go on and read more of her books!!
I love the era that these books are written. The characters are well described. And the Christian attitude is one that I can relate to.
Thank you Tracie for the books that I've been looking for!
Gail Redmond
Nov 30, 2016 Gail Redmond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author. She is amazing and it is reflected in her faith in God. It is refreshing to read a story that includes our Lord throughout the framework of the reading. I highly recommend you read this trilogy and also the Montana series as well .

It too is a delightful story filled with the holy scriptures and the teachings of the bible. A joy to read.

Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book a lot. I was hesitant to read it at first, because it didn't have anything to do with the previous characters in the series. However, I decided to read it and I'm glad I did. I truly did enjoy the book.
Apr 19, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: peterson-tracie
Torn between 2 and 3 stars..would like to give it a 2-1/2 because it was such a drastic improvement over Book 1 in this series and I really liked most the characters. However, based on its own merit there were too moments where I just wanted to skim read over.
Stacey Head
Jun 25, 2016 Stacey Head rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I think this was a wonderful story! Two hearts that were not expecting to find love, did. This was a wonderful story!
Nicci
Nicci rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Serena
Serena rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2009
Renee Sprague
Renee Sprague rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Kelly Barnes
Kelly Barnes rated it liked it
May 17, 2011
Ruth Stoker
Ruth Stoker rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Rachel Stegenga
Rachel Stegenga rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2011
sandy thurkettle
sandy thurkettle rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Michelle Howerton
Michelle Howerton rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Margaret Harper
Margaret Harper rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2014
Larissa
Larissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2008
Julianne
Julianne rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Emily Purvis
Emily Purvis rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
DENNIS COATES
DENNIS COATES rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Sonya
Sonya rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2009
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Soaring Eagle (Prairie Winds, #2)
  • The Oregon Trail Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Life on the Trail into the Western Frontier
  • The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1)
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • A Dream for Tomorrow (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Sweetheart (The Cowboy Series, #6)
  • Faithful Heart (Angel of Mercy #2)
  • Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures, #4)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...

Westward Chronicles (3 books)
  • A Shelter of Hope (Westward Chronicles, #1)
  • Hidden in a Whisper (Westward Chronicles, #2)