Start by marking “A Veiled Reflection” as Want to Read:
A Veiled Reflection

A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A case of switched identities causes confusion amid the strict rules of a Arizona Harvey House. Westward Chronicles book 3.
Published August 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A Veiled Reflection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Veiled Reflection

Kathryn
Kate (Too Read or Not Too Read)
A Veiled Reflection is actually my favorite book from the Westward Chronicles. It is a little different from the first two books. The main character is new to the series, however, we do have a returning minor character.

A Veiled Reflection follows Jillian as she sets out on her own adventure. Her whole life, she has sat at home and watched as her twin sister Judith set off to go and try new things. On a visit home, Judith reviles to Jillian that she is going to get married, and that Jillian need
Kristen
I thought this book would be more about what a 'Harvey Girl' did in the 1800's. A man named Harvey started restaurants next to train depots in the US and had girls go through a 3 month training before they were hired at a Harvey house to bus tables, clean, and cook. They were very famous becuase each girl was taught one skill, such as pouring coffee, or serving food. Then when each girl did her one duty, the service was very quick. Anyway, the book turned out to be historically interesting, but ...more
Tamara
THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES is a delightful three-book series set around The Harvey House, an establishment offering fine dining along the stops of frontier rail travel. Each book highlights a Harvey Girl and the circumstances and situations that brought them to serve at the Harvey House. Originally published in 1999-2000, THE WESTWARD CHRONICLES were re-packaged in 2005. A sucker for the Old West, I enjoyed the simple charm of these books and the loveable characters created by Tracie Peterson.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book a lot. I was hesitant to read it at first, because it didn't have anything to do with the previous characters in the series. However, I decided to read it and I'm glad I did. I truly did enjoy the book.
Marla
Loved it! Great historical read with a different plot.
Ashley
Kind of boring. Had to force myself to finish it.
Caroline Mantooth
Caroline Mantooth marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 27, 2015
Ruth M
Ruth M added it
May 13, 2015
Karen Hadley
Karen Hadley marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Regina
Regina added it
Apr 21, 2015
Autumn Saunders
Autumn Saunders marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Kelsey Rudy
Kelsey Rudy marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Holli Hill
Holli Hill marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Jolie
Jolie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
  • Westward the Dream (Ribbons West, #1)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • One More Sunrise
  • Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures, #4)
  • Heart of Gold
  • The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper (Women of the West Series #1)
  • Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas, #3)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...

Westward Chronicles (3 books)
  • A Shelter of Hope (Westward Chronicles, #1)
  • Hidden in a Whisper (Westward Chronicles, #2)
A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1) A Daughter's Inheritance (The Broadmoor Legacy, #1) Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1) Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)