Start by marking “The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2)

The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga #2)

Drake Glauco, now a successful nourisher and happily joined to Vernon, comes to realise it's time for a Priaxian/human alliance to come to fruition. The joy he had experienced too great for it to not be used to benefit mankind. The mutual need too important. With each passing day, Drake and Vernon's symbiotic relationship grows just as much as the hatchlings inside the egg ...more
Published March 15th 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soldier

Tj
Feb 04, 2011 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This the the second in the Borders of Worlds Saga. We have more characters joining Vern and Drake on their adventures in saving the universe. It is fun and interesting to see more about the culture of Priaxians. The conflict heats up even more in this sequel to The Nourisher. Most of this one is the group running from conflict to conflict but that makes it fun and impossible to put down. I'm so looking forward to the next in the series.
Rachel Emily
Feb 25, 2011 Rachel Emily rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic follow up to the first book in the series. I continue to adore Vernon, and I love all the new characters that were introduced in this book too! I think it's amazing the whole world that Mark Alders created in this series, and I love how complex everything is, the nonstop action, and hot sex of course. Great read...now I am eagerly awaiting the third (and final??) book in the series!
Christy Duke
Considering how quickly I inhaled 'The Nourisher', book one in this series, I'm actually surprised it's taken me a few weeks to get to this next book. Believe me when I say that it's in your best interest to read these books in order. There is so much backstory and setting the stage, plus the world building that occurs in the first book, that in my opinion you'll be completely lost if you try to skip the reading order.

I was thrilled that the author picked the story up, essentially, right from t
Karel
Nov 11, 2012 Karel rated it it was ok

Same thing that applied to The Nourisher applied here, as does my review from the first book: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

To add a few things unique to this book: Sern and Braken's relationship was cute but lacked depth - but since they're secondary characters, I won't count it against them. The whole book reads like those sci-fi movies from the seventies/eighties featuring bad CGI, stiff hairdos, and over-the-top villains without actually having any of those. Maybe it's the constant
Chappy
More like 3.5 stars

We continue the story of Drake who's the human nourisher of the Priaxian spider (and big sweetheart) Vernon. The incubation is going well but there are constant threats from other alien species.

I was confused some of the time trying to keep all the factions clear in my head. I did enjoy learning about the soldier/servant caste system...
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sep 23, 2012 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
The continuing tale of Vernon and Drake. I liked this story but not as much as the first one. I truly cannot believe the vivid imagination of this author though! Wow, he must be quite interesting to spend an evening with. The world he has created is pretty ingenious. Onward to book 3 in the series.
Nancy L
Feb 04, 2011 Nancy L rated it really liked it
to come....

Very fast paced, action packed adventure...continues where the first book ends - off on a mission Drake and Vernon get down and dirty with the Priory and the Aurorians.

We learn more about Praxians and some secrets come to light. With war looming....who's the enemy and who is friend?
Pamela Su
Oct 06, 2016 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
The story gets a heck of a lot more complicated in this book. There's a lot more intrigue and a lot more things going on.

I'm really enjoying how cuddly the relationship Drake and Vernon have with each other.
Sylvia
Apr 09, 2011 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Great world building and I love Drake & Vernon.
Sophia
Feb 06, 2013 Sophia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
The sequel continued where the first book left off and was just as amazing.

Drake and Vernon have as strong a relationship as ever and enjoyed the brief rest just living and loving in Vernon's nest, but the Queen now needs them along with Jankin and his wife to go back to earth to negotiate the treaty between the two worlds.

Along the way, trouble catches up with them and their original plans turn into another string of dangerous adventures when they learn of intrigue and betrayal that leads to al
Connie
Mar 26, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, sci-fy
Im glad Im the type of reader that cant leave a story unfinished.
After struggling with The NourisherIm happy I gave Mark Aldersanother chance.
The Soldier was so much better.
Fast, way too fast and with so much going on.
I am not going to pretend I can remember every races name or every character, tho Brake and Sern made an impression, I can just say that by reading the Saga you will let your imagination go wild.
Its amazing how as a reader I get to forget Vernon is a huge 8 legged spider when he is
Tamela
I thought book #1 of the saga was fast paced and action packed, but book #2 is a rollercoaster ride from "they're doomed" to "thank goodness, they made it". And of course my favorite... "how the heck did they pull THAT off?" :)

Situations keeps moving forward and so many ripples in the pond after the first... and second stones are thrown.

I continue to find the closeness and love between Vernon and Drake fascinating... and so will you.

Highly recommended.
==============================
1st read - Feb
Sanet
I'm not even sure how to review this one.... I have a love hate relationship with this series!!!

All I can say.....spiders will have a whole new level of hold on you after reading it.

You will either love them... hate them more of run around afterwards with wet panties
Meggie
Mar 15, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
The second part of this Saga starts where first ended. The plotted adventure was easy readable and enjoyable. The main male couple, Vernon and Drake, were sweet together. Anyway this was easy funny read.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This is why I don't read space sagas. I want to get to the end and I start comparing everything to Star Trek. I try not to but I do. There are now way too many bad guys and double crossing and aliens for me to keep straight.
Someone, somewhere just tell how this ends.
James Cox
Mar 20, 2013 James Cox rated it really liked it
This was a great story, lots of action and sexy men. I liked the first story better but this had just as much entertainment value, oh and hot nakedness *G*
Tilda
Sep 12, 2015 Tilda rated it it was ok
I got bored
GothFaerie
GothFaerie rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2011
Sally90210
Sally90210 rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Helene
Helene rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Malachi
Malachi rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Robin L
Not as good as the first book.
Elf
Elf rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2011
Jamie Lock
Jamie Lock rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Desiree
Desiree rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
timothy miller
timothy miller rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2011
Madeleine
Madeleine rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Elith
Elith rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
  • Balancing Karma
  • Amaranth & Ash
  • When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore, #2)
  • Iron Butterfly
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • The Seahorse (The Seahorse, #1)
  • Outcast Mine
  • Dream Mate (Katzman #2)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings #2)
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Messed Examinations
  • Caging the Beast (Creations #4)
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Fate (Wyndrah, #1)
  • Love's Crash Landing
  • Reifu Rising
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...

Border Worlds Saga (3 books)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3)