Start by marking “Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)

Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery #11)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,150 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Flower shop owner Abby Knight does not believe rumors that Vlad Serban, friend and employee of Abby's fiance Marco, is a vampire. But how to explain that Vlad is from Romania, has prominent canines, likes bizarre plants such as bloodwort and Dracula orchid, and dresses entirely in black?
When a local woman is found dead, her body drained of blood, the stakes become life a
Published April 1st 2011 by New American Library (first published January 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Living Dandelion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Living Dandelion

Jul 05, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night of the Living Dandelion is one of those wonderful books that keep you reading late into the night. The spunky young heroine is a flower shop owner who moonlights as a sleuth, and as an occasional partner to her bar owner/PI fiance Marco. It is a fast read, with a rapidly moving plot full of likable characters who behave in charmingly odd and extreme ways.
Although the circumstances and people's reaction to them are a bit wacky and unbelievable (some local townspeople form a vigilante group
Linda
Apr 18, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge, bingo
I didn't necessarily like the vampire theme to this book but I enjoyed everything else. Love my Bloomers bunch and especially Abby and Marco. Looking forward to the next installment.
Linda
Jun 22, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Flower Shop mystery series but this one not as much as the others. Could be the fault of it taking me 3 weeks to read it due to a 3 week vacation and no time for reading.

Abby is on crutches or in a wheelchair due to a sprained ankle for the whole length of this book, which seemed strange to me just for a sprain. She and Marco are just about to announce their engagement to the family when he gets notice that he has to report back to the Rangers. For duty? He isn't sure. Just about that
Fmorlan
Jul 03, 2014 Fmorlan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby Knight florist and part time pi with her love Marco Salvare. Thingsy look good but Marcohas been called bav,x,ck to ranger duty and Abby is not mobile. Marco has a friend Vlad to help him. But unfortunately Vlad is a suspect in aome murder. Before Marco leaves they do some investugating to come up with more suspects - and they do but the police are stuck on Vlad. He acts and looks like a Vatmpire which adds to the mix. Of course Abby's mother, cousin and niece come in with some fun to help. ...more
Drebbles
May 08, 2013 Drebbles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
With fiancée Marco Salvare recalled to active duty and due to leave any day, Abby Knight is determined to spend as much time as possible with him and won't let a minor thing like a sprained ankle get in her way. Marco wants to make sure things are taken care of while he's gone so he hires good friend Vlad Serban as bartender. There is one slight problem - Vlad looks like a vampire and many people think he is indeed one. When a local woman is found murdered and drained of blood many people, inclu ...more
LORI CASWELL
Mar 31, 2011 LORI CASWELL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Knight has badly sprained her ankle and must use either crutches or a wheelchair to get around and do her job. Marco Salvare has been recalled to active duty. As a newly engaged couple they want to spend as much time together as possible before he is deployed. But there is a huge obstacle in their way. He needs to train his army buddy, Vlad Serban, to take over the bar in his absence and Vlad is drawing way too much attention. He is a very pale man, always wears black, has prominent canine ...more
Marlyn
Abby Knight is forced to wear crutches to get around, or use a wheelchair when she's indoors. Unfortunately, Abby is known for her clumsiness and manages to wreak havoc either way. Her employees at Bloomers try not to leave her alone in the shop, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Abby is alone in the shop when a dark, mysterious-looking stranger appears and asks her to procure some unusual plants (such as bloodwort, wolfsbane and srangleweed) for him, claiming he collects them. Then her fiance M
Luffy
Kate Collins takes a hike and Mrs Hyde ghostwrote this book for her. It's simply maddening how erratic can the author be. I should be used to this on and off form. There are more stupid books but they don't insult one's intelligence as a book that is half serious half joking, but committedly stupid. It seems that the very author herself can't keep hold of her characters. I mean that she can't write them the same way. In this book, they are doppelgangers, not originals.

I hope her next book is b
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Kate Collins has done it again, written a up-to-date current events murder mystery and blends it with the humor and comfort we've attained with the other novels in the series, in her newest release, "Night of The Living Dandelion."

The worse thing happening in our Abby's life is a bummed ankle, the best she and Marco are getting engaged! Marco's worse happening is he has been re-called into the Army Ranger's for an unknown length of time or mission.

As life would have it, the last few days to spe
Joyce
Jul 05, 2014 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a cosy mystery, it has a clever plot inspired by the current interest in vampires. Since I have read only this book in the series, I wan't familiar with the central characters so probably missed some of the humor. I really admire the book titles that Kate Collins has devised for the series.
Dharia Scarab
Dec 01, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 sta
Christine Jensen
Jul 19, 2011 Christine Jensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is there a Vampire on the prowl? Could it be Vlad, a friend of Marco's from his Army Ranger days? He sure seems mysterious..ordering mysterious plants; wearing black robes; catching the eyes of the young women in the town.

A woman has been killed...her blood drained from her neck via wounds that look suspiciously like the bite of a vampire. The police and half the town think the culprit is Vlad, but Marco knows differently. Abby and Marco are on a mission to prove that Vlad's innocence (with Abby
Janet
Apr 10, 2016 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts predictable but still worth a read. Not a real fan of the vampire stuff so that was wasted on me but did make the mystery go. I just had trouble with how much people really wanted to believe it.
Despite that, a big fan of Abby and Marco and props to their continuing story.
Shelly
Apr 14, 2011 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Flower Shop Mystery series by Kate Collins. The books just keep getting better and better. I picked up the first book in this series at a Book Fair in Indianapolis while staying at my sisters for something to read. It was fate! The cover caught my eye as something fun to read. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Since then I look forward to every new book in this series and try to purchase each book on the day of release. The most recent book I purchased at the Ind ...more
Jessica Elliott
Jul 08, 2014 Jessica Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been enjoying this whole series! I loved the characters in this one and really felt that as a reader I was able to explore some of the existing characters a little more. Fun story and I absolutely loved the "vampire".
Angela
Dec 10, 2015 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the story, glad things are progressing smoothly for Marco and Abby. Jillian was absolutely nuts in this book but hilarious at the same time. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Amelia-Irene
Jul 16, 2011 Amelia-Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the ?11th? book in the Flower Shop series and it opens with Abby trying to get around her flower shop on crutches. Knowing how much fun trying to work and hobble around on crutches can be, I had to laugh about some of the scenes. Her boyfriend/fiance, Marco, has been called back to active service, so one of his old army buddies will be in charge of his business while he's away. Before Marco leaves, a murder has been committed and Marco's old buddy is the main suspect for it, It's up to K ...more
Kay
Mar 23, 2014 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery with comedy and a vampire as a suspect. Fun to read.
Vera
Feb 03, 2016 Vera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
I like this series but I had a few qualms about this book. Somehow I can accept a belief in vampires and such in books where the reader accepts that mindset, and everyone believes it, but believing that the public would actually think a guy is a vampire killer in the normal old USA in a mystery felt weird. I enjoyed the book, but I hope we're not actually liable to develop groups to picket businesses where pale skinned people work because we think they're vampires. I know people believe lots of ...more
Mel
Apr 27, 2011 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up at the store while waiting for my prescription to be filled. It was a fast read, the characters were ok, I found the most interesting character to be her crazy cousin who was convinced she was turning into a vampire...funny stuff. The ending was somewhat predictable on the 'whodoneit', but led you though a long list of suspects before you knew who it was. This is the author's 10th book in the series, and while it didn't make me want to run out and buy the previous 9, I will take ...more
Julie
Oct 04, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a good entry in the series but not my favorite. I liked the whole aspect of the vampire in New Chapel, it put a new spin on things. Abby was on crutches the whole time making her sleuthing a little more difficult. Jillian who usually is so annoying is actually really funny in this one thinking she is turning into a vampire slowly. I liked that Marco and Abby have finally set a date and have announced their engagement. I don`t know how the series will go once they are married and livin ...more
Emilia
Feb 25, 2015 Emilia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cosy-mystery
What a fun read! Fast paced, filled wit humour but showing ridiculousness of the so called public opinion. Uncovers how easy it is for the society to accuse and believe someone is guilty, sometimes ruining the person`s good name andéor life... Makes the reader wonder where he/she stands in that matter...

Few threads: the murder itself, private (love)life of Abby and Marco, troubles with (over)protective parents, strength of a true friendship - just to name a few.

I think I found a new favourite co
Dogsandbooks
Donated to DPL may 2015
Sarah Adamson
Mar 21, 2016 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A fun gentle cozy mystery - the 11th in the series apparently but easily readable as a stand alone. The basic story is a lady disappears and is then found dead and everything points to a vampire. Coincidentally there's a new man in town who likes wearing black, works at night and is very secretive.
The ongoing vampire take went on a bit too long for me - it just got silly which I understand was part of the point but also it was just too much. And then suddenly everything happened a bit fast.
Susan
Apr 28, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-indiana
Florist Abby has a sprained ankle, but she's happy because she's newly engaged to hot bar owner Marco. But it looks like the army wants him back for a while, so he asks his Ranger buddy Vlad to manage the bar for him. Soon everyone in town is sure Vlad is a vampire, and when a woman disappears and is found murdered, Vlad is the leading suspect. Marco convinces Abby to help him investigate, even if it will cut into their last few weeks together--he can't leave town with Vlad under suspicion.
Renee
Jan 03, 2016 Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I'll be honest here: while I like the way some plot points were handled, overall, this book annoyed me. Not Abby -- she handled things as well as she could. And not Marco, or the Bloomers staff. But Marco's old Army buddy and the main plot for the book? Stupid and annoying. I suppose one could say "vampires? So 5 years ago" ... and they'd be right -- the book was published in 2011. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Moira
Oct 01, 2011 Moira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely one of my favourite series. Excellent writing and plotting, with just enough humour. Kate always includes an interesting and funny sub-plot which to some could appear highly unbelievable but the way it is written in and tied into the main plot makes it quite believable. The cast of characters is amazing !
Michelle
Aug 02, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think these books could get any better. But she has outdone herself yet again. I love Marco and Abby. I even like Jillian. Twists and turns all over the place. However I was able to finger the killer in this one. I must be getting better.

Do yourself a favor and pick up Kate Collins. She is awesome.
Heather
Feb 22, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cozy-mystery
This one I didn't figure out until the very end...it's also fun when the author keeps you guessing. Plus one of the suspects was Romanian, which I have a soft spot for (to make a long story short, I spent an amazing semester working in a orphanage in Romania). Anyway, great read!
Jeanette
This was not my favorite book in this series. I liked the vampire connection, but Abby was a bit more annoying than in some of the other books. And the fact that the police department seems incompetent really gets on my nerves. I'm still looking forward to the next one, though.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Night of the Living Dandelion 1 2 Mar 10, 2012 09:30AM
  • The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • Trouble in Bloom (Nina Quinn, #4)
  • Harrowing Hats
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #6)
  • Pie A la Murder (A Della Cooks Mystery #4)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • A Parfait Murder (A Mystery a La Mode, #3)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
  • A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2)
  • Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2)
  • You May Now Kill the Bride (Carnegie Kincaid, #5)
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)
  • Howl Deadly (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #8)
  • Mortar and Murder (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #4)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
Indiana native and former teacher Kate Collins is the author of the New York Times best-selling Flower Shop Mysteries, featuring feisty florist Abby Knight and the zany crew at Bloomers. Her books have made the New York Times Best-seller's list, Barnes & Noble mass bestsellers lists, the Independent Booksellers lists, and are available in large print editions in the U.S. and the UK.

The Flower
More about Kate Collins...

A Flower Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8)
  • Sleeping With Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)