Start by marking “Yearn” as Want to Read:
Yearn

Yearn

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A collection of nine sensual, witty and mystical stories marking Tobsha Learner′s return to the short story format after the international success of both QUIVER and TREMBLE, and exploring the universal experiences of obsession, romantic encounters and secret regrets.

A movie star longs for anonymity; a Sydney sculptor wonders whether a lover can be summoned by the act of a
Published February 2011 by Harper Collins Australia

To ask other readers questions about Yearn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yearn

Lisa Walker
I loved the cover of Yearn so much I just had to pick it up. The voluptuous, tattooed woman floating with a crimson parasol had the allure of the off-beat. She promised a lot, but could she deliver?
Erotic fiction is difficult. Badly written, it is smutty, embarrassing or just plain boring. Too much sex and it becomes the opposite of erotic. I am reminded of the over-achieving couple who doggedly set out to have sex every day for a year. Ho hum, I bet the champagne corks were popping at the end
Vicky
I liked “Tremble”, the old collection of short stories. Unfortunately the new one was lacking on many levels. I hope she writes something as good as the "Witch of Cologne" was. The "Yearn" became repetitive and boring in the second part.
T.C. Mill
A prize from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program that I was super excited about! I can’t even count the number of boxes Yearn’s synopsis checked off for me: “Atmospheric and Lyrical” erotica “for readers eager to move beyond Fifty Shades of Grey“.

Happily, it more than lives up to this description.

Yearn has also been described as “a thinking woman’s erotica,” something I am extremely fond of given my propensity to overthink my reading material. However, I don’t think the logic of all these s
Janet
Erotica, magic and fantasy abound in this Tobsha Learner collection. Like her previous story collection, there is pretty much something for everyone here. Did I like them all? No, but I liked enough to recommend it. Her stories are well conceived, complete and interesting, sometimes downright titillating. I don't think anyone would be reading straight through, this is the kind of material that is best in short bursts, which the author delivers!
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange f
Tami
I haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won.
12/10/13
Received my copy and hope to start soon. Have 9 more plus my current read in front. 12/19/13
Started 1/17/14
finished 1/24/14

Several short stories with an element of erotica loosely tied together in a series of events.

The writing was good, the story lines interesting, and the sex scenes were passable. I just had two glaring issues and it was hard for me to get past them. First the story of the movie star on the airplane. I wi
Lace
There are so many things I liked about this book! I love that the author has a vivid imagination. Her writing style is simply beautiful. The characters in the short stories were often complex and flawed, and so well written I felt like I one of them. I enjoyed that the stories were all linked to one another, even if only by a name drop. Probably my favorite thing is that this isn't pure smut. By that I mean it's not short stories like "so-and-so met this person and then -BAM- graphic raunchy sex ...more
Lauren Seaver
Got this book for pre-review reading. The short story format was very good the stories varied and kept you entertained. Fun read.
Asia
I enjoyed reading this book the most at the beginning. The first story was, to me, the most interesting. As it progressed I felt the connections between each short story growing weaker. This made it seem a bit more disconnected than I would have liked. However, as a series of independent short stories it is fun to read and it does not waste time on purple prose. It is simple and fun. Not a serious study but an enjoyable aside from more serious readings.
San
San is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Kooky Sumabat-Chan
Kooky Sumabat-Chan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Margaux
Margaux marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Tlgabelman
Tlgabelman marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 added it
Jul 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Ally
Ally marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Klarissa Shaninghous
Klarissa Shaninghous is currently reading it
May 16, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
  • Decision to Love (Sacred Vows, book 3)
  • Solace in Scandal
  • The Zenith
  • Standing on One Leg
  • The Age
  • A Stillness of Chimes
  • Guardian of Deceit
  • While You're Away (While You're Away, #1)
  • Shifter Romance Boxed Set
  • Promise Me Something
  • When Mystical Creatures Attack!
  • Touch (The Dining Club #5)
  • 33 Snowfish
  • Heartless
  • A Lyon's Share
  • Mecca Pimp: A Novel of Love and Human Trafficking
  • The Yellow Room Conspiracy
  • The Mighty Quinns: Brian (The Mighty Quinns, #6)
Aka T.S. Learner

Tobsha Learner was born and raised in England; she now divides her time between Australia, the UK and the USA. She is well known in Australia as an author and playwright.
More about Tobsha Learner...
The Witch of Cologne Soul Quiver: A Book of Erotic Tales Tremble: Erotic Tales of the Mystical and Sinister Sphinx