Start by marking “Blood Ties (The Searchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Ties (The Searchers, #2)

Blood Ties (The Searchers #2)

The truth will set you free if it doesn't get you killed

Savannah Slade is not the person she thought she was. The reading of her "father's" will has led her to a world-shattering revelation: her sisters are not her blood kin—and she may be the heiress to a massive fortune. Her not-quite-fiancé Judd doesn't care where she came from—he only wants her by his side. But the pri
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published May 31st 2011 by Mira (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Ties

Jacqueline
I know that Borders, where I work, will put this in the romance section with the rest of Sharon Sala’s books. This was a good book but it wasn’t a romance. I might have scored it higher than 3 stars if I hadn’t been expecting a romance. Like Ms. Sala’s last series, it’s the second in a trilogy where all the books run concurrently. Savannah has come to Miami to claim her inheritance and bring her birth father’s murderer to justice. You know from the beginning who the murderer is and the story ...more
Debbie
Jun 14, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
Blood Ties is the second in the Searchers Trilogy
It’s bad enough to loose your father, but when he dies and you find you lost your whole family and your whole life is suddenly a lie, that’s a lot to take, but that’s exactly what happens to the Slade Sisters when they attend the reading of the man they thought was their father’s will. Years ago while he was still a traveling Evangelist minister Andrew Slade took in three helpless little girls all from mothers who were in deep trouble.
Savannah Sla
Nicole
Jun 03, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/06/03/...

Publisher: MIRA
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: NetGalley

I’ve never read anything by Sala before, and I have to say I really enjoyed her writing. I was a little worried going in, because I saw a review that said the person didn’t feel this book should have been categorized as a romance novel. I’m not a huge fan of mystery style books without a bit of romance in them, so I was leery. But ultimately very happy.

Savanna
Nath
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Savannah Slade’s life is a lie. Grieving her father’s death, she is devastated at the reading of his will. Andrew Slade was not her real father, neither are her two sisters her real sisters.

Sharon Sala’s Searchers series continues with youngest sister Savannah Slade. Andrew, a wealthy Missoula cattle rancher, provided journals to each of his daughters at his death, explaining the circumstances of their birth. In twenty-two-year-old Savannah’s case, her birth mother Chloe was dying of cancer and
Amybeth
Sep 11, 2013 Amybeth rated it really liked it
This review is for The Searchers: Blood Ties by Sharon Sala. This is book two in The Searchers series. This is the first and only one I have read so far.

I am going to start by saying that I really enjoyed this book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The spine of the book calls it a romance suspense but to me it was a suspense with a little romance thrown in. I will not be giving a summary but I may give away some details.

Although I enjoyed it, it was not without some obvious flaws.

Fi
Vivian
Jun 27, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I'm repeating myself but I enjoy reading a book that provides suspense, some romance and just a bit of humor and Blood Ties by Sharon Sala provides all three. I'm not talking laugh out loud funny but there are moments that brought a smile to my face as I read about Savannah Slade's attempts to find out about her birth parents and deal with a motley crew of police officers, attorneys and ex-CIA agents.

Blood Ties is book two in "The Searchers" series by Ms. Sala and the action is concurrent
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is the second book in the Searchers trilogy and it delivers even better than the first! I have to say one of my favorite things about Ms Sala's story telling is the way she interlocks the books in a trilogy. Each is it's own story but matches up perfectly with the greater tale. Brava! It is really interesting revisiting moments from another character's perspective.

Savannah is a really spunky gal and I loved her sass. She was a touch up
Monique Atgood
Apr 04, 2012 Monique Atgood rated it really liked it
Mackenzie
May 16, 2016 Mackenzie rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, fiction, read-2011
Well, I actually didn't get all the way through it. I'll admit, the book was free, and that is probably the only reason I actually attempted to read it in the first place. The plot line, to me at least, wasn't really that good of one. Her mother had cancer and gave her toddler daughter to a pastor. Am I the only one that does not understand that at all? Although I am not religious in any way shape or form, so that might have had something to do with her decision.
I find that the author has a tend
Tom Tischler
Apr 13, 2013 Tom Tischler rated it really liked it
Savannah Slade goes to the reading of the will for her
deceased father. He leaves a book for her and her two
sisters explaining that he is not her real father and
and her sisters are not her real sisters. Her mother was
going with a Miami billionaire and had a little girl. She
developed cancer and explained this to him. He was thrilled
to learn about the girl. His name was Gerald Stoss and he
had a twin brother. He explained this to his brother but he
was the older twin which would have made his daugh
Christa
Jun 22, 2011 Christa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
This book had a good, suspenseful plot, and it kept me turning the pages. I enjoy Sala's brand of romantic suspense, and this book had all of the elements that I enjoy about her writing. The storyline was interesting and moved right along, the characters were sympathetic and had me rooting for them, and I was hooked enough to look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Savannah Slade has just found out that she, along with her two sisters, was adopted. As she goes to find out about her p
Jeannie
Jan 07, 2012 Jeannie rated it really liked it
I give this book 4 stars because I felt that the action elements and cast were more entertaining.

Savannah started her search for her true identity alone but as she got herself in dangerous situations, Judd the boyfriend decides to join her. I'm glad this detail was added as I would have found their relationship weird otherwise.

I enjoyed reading the heroic moments of Judd. There was also small elements of humor between Savannah and Detective Barber, Lawyer Jefferson and ex-CIA Agent.

I felt sorry
Emily
When her father died never in a million years did Savannah Slade think that the journal he left for her would contain something that rocks her to the core. Seeking out the truth about her birth parents, Savannah finds herself the heir to a fortune and the circumstances of her biological fathers death questionable. As Savannah heads to Miami to uncover the truth, she leaves her almost fiancee Judd waiting for her. As much as it hurts both, Savannah has to figure out the truth before she can start ...more
Melanie Chabrol-
Dec 14, 2011 Melanie Chabrol- rated it it was amazing
Imagine growing up happy and with stability.... this book is a trilogy by Sharon Sala, I enjoyed number 1, and number 2 was even better.
the family that you believed to be your family for your entire life is a lie, when you find out that the man who clothed you and bathed you wasn't even your adopted parent. At his will reading tells you, you have another life and for the first 2 years grew up in Oklahoma. Savanna Slade journeys to Oklahoma from Missouri not only is the weather different but the
Annie
It’s possible that I might have enjoyed this book more had I read the first in the series before this one (the second in the series). However, I may not have. The book was okay and it had some scenes that were good. It was like a lifetime movie, everything is there for a fun or great book to get sucked into, but there is just that one element missing and you can’t. I think part of it was that it is listed as a romantic suspense and while there was romance and there was suspense it just didn’t do ...more
Joanne
Jul 06, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, I love Sharon Sala's books!!!!!!! From beginning to end, she keeps me on my toes. A true page turner........Romance Suspense, comtemp, characters are great, from killers to friends to lover!!!!!!!! Could not put it down.

There are 2 more books that go to this series, one is out now called Blodd Stains, in August the 3rd comes out!!! About a great man who took 3 little girls into his home and raised them as his own, but never adopted them. He took them for their mother's told him their d
Jul 08, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
This is an enjoyable romantic suspense novel that is light on both elements which makes it appealing for a fair number of the readers I do readers advisory for in my library. The second title in a trilogy about three sisters searching for their true identity when their father's death reveals that they are not his real daughters. I didn't like it as much as the first, though the relationship was more convincing, because the couple knew each other prior to the opening of the book.
From Netgalley
Pat
Jun 02, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: thriller/romance readers
Recommended to Pat by: have very much enjoyed this author
This is the second story in "The Searchers" trilogy. Three sisters find out at there fathers death that they are really not sisters!! They are each given documents and a journal telling there biologic parents info. In most cases the girls were given away to save their lives. Savannah's story follows her quest to find the truth about her father's death in a car accident, and her Mother's death alone from cancer. Her boyfriend/fiance is supporting her everyway he can. Can't wait for the next ...more
Bookwormgirl
Jul 01, 2011 Bookwormgirl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Susan
Nov 27, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, own-audible
This book had so much potential and I liked most of it. I liked the way our protagonist dealt with most of her obstacles. There were some things that bothered me though, thus the lower rating.
What I didn't like:
*SPOILER:*
Car out of control scene, unrealistic ... just pull it out of gear and turn it off!
The suicide was unnecessary – would have been better to have him fight for her and maybe become friends? (did not like this at all)
Cindy
Oct 21, 2011 Cindy rated it liked it
Very satisfying read. Haven't read the others in the series and very glad there was enough background that it wasn't completely necessary. There was plenty included so picking up with the middle book wasn't a problem. Several heroes in the storyand they were all great fun. This was a better book than some of Sala's earlier works. So if you like romantic suspense with a good HE, this is it.
Cheryl
Nov 13, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it
Actually 3.5, its book 2 in the searchers trilogy. Book 1 was much more intense, and and character driven. This book took me a while to care about the main character (Samantha) but the other characters rocked. Especially Jefferson and Whiteside. Once I cared about Samantha then the book rolled on. Now time for book 3, Blood Stains
Sara
Mar 14, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
Another of the Slade sisters is off to track down her real past. In this book, Savannah travels to Miami to try to track down her mother's murderer and finds herself a target of the same folks--her blood kin! Thankfully, her not-quite-fiance, Judd follows her out to Florida to offer support and some guarding just when the danger heats up.
Jacquelynn Fritz
Dec 31, 2011 Jacquelynn Fritz rated it liked it
Savannah Slade finds the truth about the beginnings of her life after her father dies. She reads the journal he left for her and goes to Miami to find her birth family. She finds herself in trouble and Judd Holyfield comes to Miami to help her as her birth family is trying to kill her. This book is suspenseful with a love story with a fairy-tale ending.
Linda
Aug 21, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this it was very suspenceful but it still had some funny and sad parts. This is the 2nd book in the series, I think that it stands on its own, but the first book was very good also, I recommend them both.
Bob
Jul 04, 2011 Bob rated it liked it
Nothing complex, but a pretty good read. Well used plot about a person who discovers she is adopted (sort of), and heiress to big bucks. Only downside is why the heck Sala killed off a likeable ancillary character. You can usually depend on Sala for a good light read.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in The Searchers series. Overall a satisfactory read but I did have an issue with the hero and heroine being apart for much of the story. It did keep my interest, though, and kept me reading into the night. I just wish it wasn't so long a wait for the next in the series.
Marilu
Jul 05, 2011 Marilu rated it it was amazing
Sharon Sala has done it again! I am never disappointed when I pick up one of her books!
I really enjoyed this book. It is the second book in " The Searchers" trilogy. It was just as good as the first one, and because of the way it is written, it can definitely be read as a stand alone novel!
Ruth Hambley
Nov 15, 2015 Ruth Hambley rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved reading this one. One of Sharon Salas best. The story drags you in from the start and you are left wondering what will happen in the next one. If you enjoy reading romance with murder and mayhem then you will love this one.
  • Inside (Bulletproof, #1)
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Merciless (Senseless, #2)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me  (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Missing Max
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • One Wrong Step (The Borderline, #2)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Out of Body (Court of Angels, #1)
  • Kiss the Moon
  • Long Road Home

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...

The Searchers (3 books)
  • Blood Stains (The Searchers, #1)
  • Blood Trails (The Searchers, #3)