Start by marking “When Dashing Met Danger (Spies, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Dashing Met Danger (Spies, #1)

When Dashing Met Danger (Spies #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  13 reviews
From an exciting new voice in romantic fiction comes a fast-paced and emotional historical romance. Shana Galen is sure to dazzle readers with her undeniable talent and unique brand of wit and charm. This is an author to watch!

Alex Scarston, Earl of Selbourne. Rake. Spy. With his efforts for England in the war against the French suspended, family obligations compel him to
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about When Dashing Met Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Dashing Met Danger

MaggieReadsRom
3,5 stars

I really liked this book. It took me a while to finish it but this had nothing to do with the book itself, it was due to lack of time to read.
After reading lots of paranormal/vampires in a row I really needed a good regency and I got that with this one.
It was original and unique.

The characters were well-developed and accessible .
Lucia is a heroin who actually touched my heart. She tries so hard to gain her family’s approval, especially her father’s and I was glad to see that she ach
Lori McD

A most entertaining Regency romance, complete with a missing brother, spies, a trip to dangerous France, footpads, thugs, dandies, and, of course, the feisty heroine about to marry for duty and position to a dreadful "gentlemen", and the rake hero so scarred by his father's foolish behavior that he's vowed never to marry!

Dashing is Miss Lucia Dashing. Dangerous is Alexander (Alex) Scarston, the Earl of Selbourne. Alex's brother, Winterbourne, is married to Lucia's sister, Francesca. The
Shanah
Gayle Cochrane
When Dashing Met Danger by Shana Galen is a wonderful historical romantic adventure with characters that you can't help liking. Lot's of action, quick paced adventure and witty dialogue. I was laughing out loud while reading some of the situations the heroine Lucia and the hero Alex found themselves in. When Dashing Met Danger has spies, betrayals, burning passions and a cast of memorable secondary characters. Great read.
Brooklyn Ann
Holy wow! Shana Galen does it again! This one has one of the best endings ever!
Maria
As long as it was, I still wanted more. More tension between the hero & heroine, more empathy in the hero. Lucia seemed a bit immature but I liked her. I loved the story.
Christine Dee
If you're looking for a main character that has you ramming the back of your head again the wall throughout the book, look no further!
Jennifer Rummel
This reminds me of Julia Quinn's Minx - great banter, a little danger, and of course romance!
Suzie Quint
A sweet little romance that kept me involved from beginning to end.
Kristel
both main characters were annoying ~_~.
Jacinta
Jacinta marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
UALiana
UALiana marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Miss K
Miss K marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Nancy Brandt
Nancy Brandt marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
  • Passion and Pleasure in London (Charmed and Dangerous, #3)
  • A Private Duel with Agent Gunn (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #3)
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Most Eagerly Yours (Her Majesty's Secret Servants #1)
  • Sins of a Wicked Princess (Sinners Trio, #3)
  • A Lady's Secret Weapon (Nexus, #3)
  • Indecent Deception (Harlequin Presents, #1740)
  • Sweet Deception (Veiled Seduction, #2)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • The Spy Wore Silk
  • Christmas In The Duke's Arms: A Christmas Anthology
  • First Love, Last Love
  • To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield (Wicked Wagers, #1)
Shana Galen is the bestselling author of fast-paced adventurous Regency historicals, including the RT Reviewers' Choice The Making of a Gentleman. Booklist says, "Galen expertly entwines espionage-flavored intrigue with sizzling passion," and RT Bookreviews calls her "a grand mistress of the action/adventure subgenre." She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven ye ...more
More about Shana Galen...
Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1) When You Give a Duke a Diamond (Jewels of the Ton, #1) The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3) If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2) The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)